#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

Hey gang! Hubby and I are just back from dinner -- a huge ballroom of Clay fans, all decked out in their Christmas best. The gentleman who was taking the reservations from us said to my husband, "not many of us here" (meaning guys). Heh.

But before dinner, I managed to find the eHP's room. All I had to do was walk around and listen for the peals of maniacal laughter. (Not really -- but close enough for government work....) We comiserated about the drama from the past week, and decided that some people are pretty much bat-shit crazy. Later, at the dinner, I was able to introduce my husband to (in order) Invisible926, PerusingOne, Solo, Toni7babe, Scarlett, KAndre, couchie and xxx4Clay. They all decided that he was the sweetest husband ever, but I told them he was mine, all mine. *g* I also got to say "hello" to many of the Chicago contingency that I know, including Pink Armchair -- I was able to congratulate her on her being able to read her story for Clay.

So, now I'm killing time waiting to go to the theater, with Mary Poppins on in the background. (Hubby's choice, for some reason....) I have my binoculars, which should be great from the 11th row. I'm so looking forward to seeing this show for one final time. I know I'll be sad at the end, because I'm always a bit sad at the end of a tour. It's so bittersweet, but yet with such good memories. Afterwards -- PARTAY!!!!!!

Time to go see this guy in concert -- YAY!

201207129ed.jpg

arrrrrrgh!!!! Did somebody say food poisoning??????

After the Minneapolis concerts, my life went straight to the :toilet15:

It was not such a good day for the Minneapolis airport security staff 4.gif either. Poor poor zena.

My sincere sympathy goes out to Scarlett and Perusingone who I understand were similarly afflicted.

Just one thing though, my beloved FCA'ers, if you thought that little paragraph was a recap,

you are deluding yourselves, hee...... :imgtongue:

I do looooooooooong as well as Clay does sooooooooooooon. And Lena has agreed to help, so there's no telling how it will turn out.

When I get around to it, of course.

I hope you all get home safe and sound for the holidays. Merry Christmas!!!

housetrees.gif

Right now though, scuse me but my bestest friend the :toilet15: is calling..........

I'm so glad to hear that couchie & company made it to Merriville safely, I've been thinking about them all day. I had a hella drive back to KC today from Omaha. About an hour after I went through they shut down the highway because of white out conditions - it was a long, slow drive. I crawled into bed for a long winter's nap as soon as I got home.

It was so awesome to meet some other FCAers last night! Gibby, Mr. Gibby, Solo, PerusingOne, Scarlett, Couchie and the inimitable K'Andre, who was beyootifully blinged out. What a lovely bunch of ladies!

I got lost going into OMaha, we got lost trying to find the restaurant, and I got lost trying to get out of OMaha this morning. I also got lost trying to get out of Wichita at the last concert I went to. Yet, I insisted to my DH just last week that I did not need a GPS for Christmas, because I have a great sense of direction. :cryingwlaughter: WTF was I thinking?

To all FCAers who are at Merrillville, have a great time, take it all in for the rest of us. I loved my 2 concerts that were at Merrillville and probably if there hadn't been a concert in St. Louis, I would have gone to this one, but I'm happy I just got to see both of his concert tours this year. I'm always a sad when it's the last show, give 'em another great one Clay.

a nice young man named CLAYTON answered the phone and guided us to our destination.

Ah, couchie....so true. Our destination is this

---a network of 'unlikely' friends built with blinders on against outwardly filters of 'real life', a renewed sense that the nice guy can finish first (even if he came in second!), fun and a rebirth of naughtiness and the freedom to express it, lots of laughter and silliness that transcends age groups, real soul-searing joy from a voice unparalleled, self revelations that have led many to self improvement, and a tingling excitement--for some the first they've felt in years---over what's next.

For me, these things all came about because of a nice young man named Clayton who has guided me to them.

Wonderful!

I would only add - a generosity of spirit!

I can see I missed a great discussion today.

Had a Clay lunch today with our little bitty local group - then I actually went Christmas shopping! heh

What?

It's December 22nd, you say?

Yeah?

So?

:)

a nice young man named CLAYTON answered the phone and guided us to our destination.

Ah, couchie....so true. Our destination is this

---a network of 'unlikely' friends built with blinders on against outwardly filters of 'real life', a renewed sense that the nice guy can finish first (even if he came in second!), fun and a rebirth of naughtiness and the freedom to express it, lots of laughter and silliness that transcends age groups, real soul-searing joy from a voice unparalleled, self revelations that have led many to self improvement, and a tingling excitement--for some the first they've felt in years---over what's next.

For me, these things all came about because of a nice young man named Clayton who has guided me to them.

muski... Beautiful post! I'm all schmoopie now!

Perry Como's nephew was my homeroom teacher in 11th grade.....

claygasm... that explains a whole lot! :cryingwlaughter:

Hard to believe the tour is over. They are off to Mexico tomorrow, then back for Spamalot. Busy next few months! Where did this year go???

Lord help me - this show was worth the cold, the snow, someone else's food poisoning...

And I think of the phrase, "I fucking love that man" as a form of those magnetic poetry that you switch around as the mood strikes you...

Lord help me - this show was worth the cold, the snow, someone else's food poisoning...

And I think of the phrase, "I fucking love that man" as a form of those magnetic poetry that you switch around as the mood strikes you...

Tell us more!

I Flove the Clangela. :wub:

From the CH:

Clay Aiken. In this live performance, Clay Aiken gives his rendition of a Christmas classic in an intimate, candlelit setting.

Top Videos on AOL Music - http://music.aol.com

It's from ACAC, MDYK. He's #7 now, and right in the middle of a bunch of cool kids.

Y'all need to check out the All is Well video from tonight (canfly172)

Watch Clay as the spotlight hits him on the last note

He sure is one happy guy-oh, yes, indeedy

Talk about a Christmas package........momma I want one NOW

Y'all need to check out the All is Well video from tonight (canfly172)

Watch Clay as the spotlight hits him on the last note

He sure is one happy guy-oh, yes, indeedy

Talk about a Christmas package........momma I want one NOW

Bwah!