#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

She commented on how well he complimented and accompanied Clay's singing, instead of trying to overwhelm or showboat.

Yes! bottle! I agree...I was listening to the Sedaka gala the other day and had two observations:

1. Clay killed on this song! This could be the best he's ever sung it.

2. David Foster killed the piano during this song. God. He was pounding away as though it had done him wrong and he was out for blood. Not good at all, imo. Way too loud and forceful.

Just got back from errands with the 16 year old behind the wheel. Actually, she's doing really well so far. Well...except for parking...heh. :P

liney, spikesmom, Bookwhore....glad you got a bit warm from the tiny tidbit of a tale that came to me this morning....actually, I'm considering....

ooops! Don't peek until Christmas... :whistling-1:

Ack! forgot the rye bread. I knew I wanted to go to the bakery for something. Oh well, storebought should be good. Bye,

Lost cause - I was there 15 minutes before they closed and they would not let me in. I guess I will look for a Jewish bakery around here that will be open tomorrow.

I just wanted to pop in here to say -

Merry Christmas FCA!!!

I don't post here like I did once upon on a time but I still think this a wonderful board filled with all kinds of special people. I was so fortunate to meet many of you this Christmas including Coach Tomato, Solo, Perusing One, ldyjocelyn, K'Andre, and Aikim at Merrillville. Also I ended up sitting next to and sharing a few moans with Muskifest at DC and met clayzedozer (god, I hope that's right) at Williamsport.

And I wanna send a special hug to Scarlett - for lack of a more creative description - you're the best!

I still don't have my fudge made, but everything is wrapped. I like to save something for a last minute run to the store on Christmas Eve, so I went to WalMart for stocking stuffers and oranges. I like the hustle and bustle and everyone is always in such a jovial mood. So when I walked in the main entrance, there hung a huge pink and white banner proclaiming "Happy Valentine's Day! Be Mine!". Man, I was PISSED! They took down all their Christmas decorations last night and started putting out Valentine's crap. That's just ridiculous.

You know, if I got up off my fat ass right now I could probably do something productive before time to start dinner.

Now, BW, I take exception to your post. I mean, really, I DISAGREE!!!!! You do not have a fat ass. So stop cutting your lovely self down, okay? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I wonder if those stories at the concerts were prophetic? My ex-BIL died unexpectedly last Friday. No one knew he had cancer, he didn't want anyone to know. Quite a shock. He was my favorite ex and I'm sad, even tho I hadn't seen him for 15 years.

It's difficult when a relative dies around the holidays. HUGS to liney and wanda.

:garfieldodie-grouphug:

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to check in and say how great it was to meet you all in Omaha. Sorry if I was a little off that night. I think I was still in an Aiken fog. I will post a M & G recap soon (and not Clay's soon). PuddinsJoy kept talking to me after the M & G and I was definitely somewhere else in my mind. The things that man does to us!

Merry Christmas everyone!

I haven't caught up yet but it seems like more people need hugs. I'm sending them along with warm holiday wishes. It was nice to meet you meesa, and xxx4Clay and it was good to see clayzedover again. It was just a wonderful trip all around.

They are keeping my mom in the hospital because her blood pressure kinda shot through the roof. I expect that she will be released tomorrow. They angiogram results were positive. They didn't find anything. Now I'm off to try to do something to make this house fesitve for tomorrow. The big giant dinner is out Just not up to it. But to me it's all about being all together anyway and I'm hopeful that will be the case.

Couchie---heck with the big dinner! Grab a Wendy's and watch Clay sing while Sasha skates! We've decided not to get all bent out of shape about food tomorrow---we're going to throw together a big ole' pot of chile--have some sourdough bread and I'll make the jello salad and there ya go! :clap:

I'm back. Been running around all day doing last minute stuff before I hop on a plane tomorrow morning back to Texas from Virginia. I think the entire eHP made it out of Chicago Sunday. Some of our flights were delayed but none of them were cancelled.

I had a great time driving around the midwest with some of my favorite people and it was nice to meet so many FCA peeps. I'm sorry I missed the party at Uno's but I had to be up at 3 a.m. and my eye was killing me. In my haste to get out of the cold in Council Bluffs (Omaha), I hit myself right above my left eye with the SUV hatch as I was closing it after we loaded all the luggage.

Hope to meet more of y'all next year. Happy Holidays!!!

{{{Hugs}}} to everyone who needs one. Anyone heard from FromClaygary yet? I hope she made it home for Christmas.

I've spent the day last minute shopping, and cooking - got the turnip, potatoes and brocolli/cauliflower casserole all ready for tomorrow. All that's left to do is stuff the bird and cook it in the morning. Which is good, becoss I hatesssssss spending all day on Christmas in the kitchen. Somehow there are a pile of presents under the tree (most not bought by me, that's fo' sho!) It's been pretty quiet, just me & the kids & my mom. So nice to have her healthy and happy this year.

{{{couchie}}} Take it easy and you are right, all that's important is that you are together. Who cares what you eat. ;)

Merry Christmas, FCA!!!!!

Since Santa decided to bring me an IPod for Christmas, I need some help. Do we have IPod compatible video files available of the tours? I've told you all before that I'm pretty technologically challenged, so I will probably be full of questions as I try to fill up this little gem with Clay files.

I'm alive - like Solo said, my flight was delayed and so did not get home until like 1 a.m. this morning and have been desperately running around every since.

Happy Holidays and Hugs and Kisses to all!

Merry, Merry Christmas to FCA, from one who mostly lurks, but reads here every day and values the sanity that you all exhibit. :xmas07a:

Prayers and positive thoughts to Couchies' Mom, and anyone else who is dealing with health issues, or RL issues. :hugs-1:

May tomorrow be filled with friends, family and love.

To Clay-words cannot express how I feel about you and all that you've added to my life these past 4+ years, so just THANK YOU for everything! :wub:

Couchie, I'm with you..what's on the table doesn't matter as much as who's around it. I was so tha-rilled and blessed tonight to have my DH, DS and DD all together, exchanging presents and talking. We sat down to a gourmet dinner of.....beef stew & biscuits! :cryingwlaughter: But it didn't matter. Tomorrow we will not all be together, so tonight I wasn't stressing about what to eat, just happy that the four of us were able to be together. I'm glad your mom will probably be released tomorrow. Have baloney sandwiches if necessary...but just enjoy being.

Kandre, I'm sorry to hear you had such a hard time getting home. Nothing more tedious than sitting in an airport waiting. I'm glad you made it home for Christmas.

Solo, OUCH! Your poor eye! It was great meeting you in Omaha.

Since Santa decided to bring me an IPod for Christmas, I need some help. Do we have IPod compatible video files available of the tours? I've told you all before that I'm pretty technologically challenged, so I will probably be full of questions as I try to fill up this little gem with Clay files.

Congrats on the new video ipod! Do you have access to the Clayversity vault? If so, there's a whole section of ipod files at this link:

http://www.clayversityvault.net/vault/Ipod_mpeg4/

The Clayboard also has a thread of ipod files, found here:

http://theclayboard.yuku.com/topic/16775?page=116

Sorry about the travels problems, Solo & KAndre. I'm glad you both finally made it home. It was great meeting you in Omaha, even if it was only for a few minutes!

MRYXMAS021Ea1b2a.gif

Hee, I gave Holly her presents already and one ball is lying neglected as she goes back to her old toys. The other may be a very bad idea. I gave her a new tie out line which gave her 10 more feet to run and chase the squirrels. It does seem to have a bad side effect. I mismeasured the space to my neighbor's yard and she can go over to their deck. The problem is I just added 10 feet on from where she could reach before, but she had kinked the line a lot, so it was about 3 feet shorter than it should have been. Needless to say, she loves the longer lead. So one present she loves, one not so much.

reindeer_19.gif

Well, I need to program the VCR and make my reindeer candy canes and go to sleep.

santa_g2.gif

Last year after the AIW EP was released, Clay's version of MGUCL haunted me until one night I stayed up most of the night making my first (and to date only...) montage. It was not Clay-centric (although he does make a couple of cameo appearances) but rather portrayed what I felt the lyrics were saying, which I think transcend the season.

A year later, I still love Clay's version of that beautiful song. A year later, FCA is more my home than ever, having met in person so many of you, partied with you, eeeeeeeeeed with you, hell, even slept with you! In a world that so often finds us battered and bruised, one constant is the joy Clay brings us with his voice, his heart, his smile, his soul. And the joy of the friendships made because of him.

And a year later we are lucky to have gained so many new members who have truly become a part of the FCA family. So, just to prove to all of you that I am not a complete Scrooge, I thought I would share my montage one more time. May each of us take a moment to think about the lyrics of this song, what they mean, and what we can each do in our own small way to make sure we each get everything on that grown-up Christmas list.

(YSI) My Grown-up Christmas List

(4Shared) My Grown-up Christmas List

MERRY CHRISTMAS FCA - and to all a good night. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

CG... thank you for that lovely gift! The post and the montage!

couchie... glad your mom is doing well! Have a blessed time tomorrow!

muski... you gonna give us a present? Urya? Huh? Pretty please!

Play, Gibby, Wanda, Couchie, luckiest and the rest of the Vegas crowd... I'll be watching for you tomorrow! TGIFs was so much fun! So worth the 10 hours of driving!

This is the bestest board with the bestest people and am sending you all love and light and a wish for health, happiness, and Hope (tm CHA)!!!