#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

Cotton, I agree with Couchie and Jumpingjacks that the most important is that she is happy. A friend of mine did not meet her DH until she was 43 ( she is a professional woman ) and she was happy. When she met him ( in a professional setting ), it was "love a first sight", they have now a lovely little girl and been married 5 years ! You know, you just never know in life.

I wish you all HAPPINESS and to that cute and sexy singerman HAPPINESS too. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

But is your niece happy Cotton...or is she as unhappy as the mother. Sometimes parents want for their kids what they don't want for themseves. I'm a perfectly happy single person but still get those looks of concern every now and then. Or maybe they finally stoppoed since its a lost cause :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

God can you guys believe it's been 5 years already. And in this fickle business our guy is still going strong. I really love that he loves to tour and that he can do it in nice comfy places. I'm thrilled that he's doing something as prestigious as a broadway show. And I love that it's a comedy and something so different for him. I can't wait to hear this accent. We just saw him on national TV and he's still working with a major lable on an album. (I know how people feel about RCA but I would NEVER NEVER NEVER want him to be dropped from a label but could care less if he ever moved on by his own design). And last but not least..he's still making a difference in all kinds of ways. I look forward to 2008. It's kinda nice to know where he'll be the fist half of the year.

I ditto the "is she happy as she is"...because there is some chance her mother is making her miserable and needs to adjust HER attitude!

If Daughter is unhappy...you can't sit back and wait for the "perfect someone" to find YOU. Volunteer at places like Habitat where there's bound to be good men. Noone invited her? Then call another single you know and invite THEM to join YOU for a night of movie/dinner/whatever (and I don't necessarily mean a single MAN...girlfriends are as much or more fun!) Go to a movie by yourself! I've never done that, that someone hasn't struck up a conversation with me.

Try a fitness class!

Investigate extension classes in something that interests you!

In other words, GET OUT THERE!

Re the "5 years already"....ah yes, I remember we were discussing this in Merrillville...how at least once with each tour, many of us just have to sit back for a moment and drink it in...and marvel.

Look at all these people that just donated $104,204 to UNICEF one week after Christmas...because Clay inspired us to do so.

Look at all these people that are sitting in this room, at a preparty that has raised $XXX for the Bubel/Aiken Foundation that Clay started.

Look at all these people hugging one another, calling to one another, chatting to one another like the old friends they are....because they've been called to a location by a voice that could not be denied.

Look at Meeeeeee in Timbuctoo, USA...here because of him, in a place I never dreamed of going.

It is truly amazing, truly wonderful, truly awe-inspiring....for a 29 yr old man from Raleigh, NC to have inspired this devotion, and for it to be going strong 5 years later.

It absolutely blows me away.

2008? BRING IT ON!! I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!

But is your niece happy Cotton...or is she as unhappy as the mother. Sometimes parents want for their kids what they don't want for themseves. I'm a perfectly happy single person but still get those looks of concern every now and then. Or maybe they finally stoppoed since its a lost cause :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

No, Couchie. Sis is talking to me after niece is talking to her about nobody calling her and asking her to go do something. She can't work. She's on disability. But she does a LOT of volunteer stuff. Has lots of older friends, a few friends her age. But a single, 37 yr young woman just doesn't fit in Murrells Inlet, SC. Especially if she looks perfectly healthy, but lives on disability - no funds to play with - barely enough to buy gas as needed.

It's not just Sis who's sad. It's niece who can't find her place. And none of her expectations - marriage, motherhood, etc - look to ever be met.

I know they may be unreasonable expectations, but there they are. (And friends don't understand why she doesn't want to go to a tappas restaurant and split the bill with people who ate and drank 10 times what she did! She has a good friend in Charleston, who knows her situation and just doesn't think.)

I wish I could make one of her New Year wishes come true.

Hubby and I were channel surfing while eating in a break in our movie watching....and found the skating show on our HD channels! I'm just listening to Clay tear AIW UP! WOW! (Can you tell, I still haven't watched the entire thing yet, even from clack?) That was an amazing performance! Good God, he's great.

I'm floored by the UNICEF total still -- $105,444 at this point. Amazing.

I never dated in high school, or college, or any time after college for a long time. Was sort of looking, but wasn't really either. Instead, I just learned the best I can to live my life, and if I couldn't do something, I found a friend who could help. And then, at age 33, I decided to stop looking all together....and promptly met my now-husband.

FromClaygary, there are some husbands who don't mind the Clay stuff. I have one....but I do try my best to balance it all out, and sometimes I just have to say no to some Clay things. I'm glad I have my husband, though -- wouldn't trade him for the world. Clay is a nice compliment to my life.

any written word that can get so many to read a whole series of books, some of them very long, is literature in my book. There are better written books, there are better characters, there are more imagative plots, but none of them got millions reading, especially kids. Whether they will ever be a part of any English Lit classes is debatable/arguable *g*, but they have given me HOURS of pleasure!

Well said... I read for the sheer enjoyment of reading and I hope the HP series does that for kids... that they learn to love to read and enjoy it whether it's the classics or not... most of the books I read won't pass any literature tests... quite frankly, many aren't "deep", but I love them one and all... sometimes you start with "fluff" and move into the classic stuff from there... or not... but it's reading all the same....

*waves*

Unicef :wub:

I don't go out on New Year's Eve. Just another night ya know? *g* Probably be in bed by 9:30. Hee.

---

Hmmmm.....

Musicals....like everything else, some I love, some I hate dislike intensely, some I'm all meh about.

Love Harry Potter...but only as a friend. More of a Ron girl myself. Must be the red hair dorky sidekick thing. :shrug:

LOTR ... never been able to get into it although I always feel I should. Like Jenna I tried the Hobbit multiple times and always put it down rather quickly. Loved half of the Chronicles of Narnia, thought the other half was verbose.

Letssseeee....what else...???

Grew up in a small town of about 560 souls. Graduation class of 35...mostly the same kids I started Kindergarten with. A couple of years ago I talked to a friend who had moved back to town to take care of her parents. I asked her what it was like living there as an adult and she said .... Hell On Earth. 'Nuff said.

There. Now you know.

:lilredani:

Wooohoooo for the UNICEF total!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Hee, I was another one who watched the first 10 minutes of Moulin Rouge and turned it off, thinking it was the stupidest thing I'd ever seen. But recently, cindilu2 convinced me to give it another chance, so I did. I appreciated it much more the 2nd time around. *g* Plus, Ewan McGregor's vocals are to die for.

Moulin Rouge definitely gets better the second time around. I watched it all of the way through the first time 'cuz I was watching with my DD, who was a huge Ewan McGregor fan at the time. Parts of the movie are really funny, parts are verrry sad, and parts are very moving. Can't say that about many movies!

Yes, I just really dislike the Harry Potter books (my son freakin' loves the stuff) and seriously dislike the characters of Harry Potter (within the first two chapter I just wanted to smack him). Give me the Chronicles of Prydain any day of the week. Even the Eddings series (which went on about 4 books too long). LoTR? Liked the movies - but LOVED the books. Enough of a fangirl to be seriously annoyed with the stuff they left out - I neeeeeed my Tom Bombadil - and the cleansing of Shire is IMPORTANT, dammit!

Yes, yes, and yes again. Sorry, but i'm of the school that thinks the HP books are poorly written, devoid of real character development and have the most absurd plots of any fantasy genre I've read and I've read lots.

Lloyd Alexander could write and Tolkein was a master of the English language. I used his book on "The Pearl" long before I knew anything about LoTR. In fact, it might have been before they were published. God, I'm old! Peter Jackson did a wonderful job, as well as the entire cast. I've watched all of the behind the scenes sequences on the extended DVDs - I think they are longer than the movies. When I want to veg, it's a LoTR marathon. That or Jane Austen! Six hours of P&P? Sounds good to me.

I was an obsessive LOTR fan for a long time. I read all of the books long before the movies came out, and was sooooo excited about the movies. Yep, other than leaving some stuff out, Peter Jackson did an amazing job. Like you, lilyshine, I watched many of the behind-the-scenes sequences. There was so much amazing acting, editing, special effects, costuming, etc, etc in that series!

God can you guys believe it's been 5 years already. And in this fickle business our guy is still going strong. I really love that he loves to tour and that he can do it in nice comfy places. I'm thrilled that he's doing something as prestigious as a broadway show. And I love that it's a comedy and something so different for him. I can't wait to hear this accent. We just saw him on national TV and he's still working with a major lable on an album. (I know how people feel about RCA but I would NEVER NEVER NEVER want him to be dropped from a label but could care less if he ever moved on by his own design). And last but not least..he's still making a difference in all kinds of ways. I look forward to 2008. It's kinda nice to know where he'll be the fist half of the year.

Great post! I think that Clay has had AMAZING success.

I never dated in high school, or college, or any time after college for a long time. Was sort of looking, but wasn't really either. Instead, I just learned the best I can to live my life, and if I couldn't do something, I found a friend who could help. And then, at age 33, I decided to stop looking all together....and promptly met my now-husband.

FromClaygary, there are some husbands who don't mind the Clay stuff. I have one....but I do try my best to balance it all out, and sometimes I just have to say no to some Clay things. I'm glad I have my husband, though -- wouldn't trade him for the world. Clay is a nice compliment to my life.

ldyj, I didn't realize you married at age 33! How cool that you found your hubby when you weren't really looking!

Hubby and I have been married nearly 25 years. We married young! And we're still verrry happy together. There's more happiness and sizzle now than ever. He even supports my Clay addiction, probably because he likes it that Clay makes me happy. He drove with me to Omaha, and bought me a Clay poster as a surprise. And he'll be going with me to NY in March for Spamalot. Such a guy! My Christmas present was an extended-life battery for my laptop that will last 10 to 12 hours. Of course, that's so that I can carry my laptop around the house, check in at Clayboards, and download and watch clack. :)

I worked at the hospital today, so I'm not real interested in going out tonight. Besides it's realllly cooooold out there! Much more pleasant to stay in. I'll probably watch a movie or two while cuddling with hubby and toast the new year with some wine here at home.

Do ya suppose boyfriend will PARTY ALL NIGHT?

party_all_night.gifthGilfordCLassicsMedleyParty-1.gifav-14763thrust.gif

Here is is again, just in case you need to study these gifs a little more: *grin*

party_all_night.gifthGilfordCLassicsMedleyParty-1.gifav-14763thrust.gif

Oh, sorry, don't know how I gave the impression I thought there weren't....I'm sure there are! In fact, I've met several. I just don't have one and don't want one. :lilredani:

I was pretending to be a good semi-girlfriend earlier this afternoon, as the semi-bf borders on indifference heading toward dislike (he tends to the more primitive emotions - and tends to dislike Prince for the same reason. I'm not giving up either of my other semi-bfs. The live one will deal.)

But he called me a couple of minutes ago to gleefully tell me that Clay was on HD. He is also aware that I reward good behavior.

As for boyfriends, I understand the angst about being alone when everyone else is with someone - but the loneliest I've ever been was when I was with someone I seriously wanted to kill and bury in the backyard. I like actual by myself alone MUCH better than with someone loneliness.

I decided to make another version of the Happy New Year wallpaper!!

mexWP-2sm.jpg

Larger version on this page....

eta: KAndre - I totally agree with this!!

As for boyfriends, I understand the angst about being alone when everyone else is with someone - but the loneliest I've ever been was when I was with someone I seriously wanted to kill and bury in the backyard. I like actual by myself alone MUCH better than with someone loneliness.

That's the truth!

Great wallpapers, cha cha! And nice gifs, Gibby! :)

Way to go everyone on the success in meeting the UNICEF challenge for Mexico!!! :nature-smiley-014: :medium-smiley-075: :EmoticonRingAround:

:nana: :bier: :09:

:00000441: :laola0: :04:

I know you all realize she has been pretty sick but I became concerned about her "health" shortly after I received my birthday present from her in the mail.

Is that where my freaking lung went?!!!

muski, thanks for bringing the Pala commando video. I sure enjoyed the change of scenery from the buttoned up and battened down South Bend pix I've been going through today. And now, I see Gibby has gifted me with 6 party animals. Life is good in the 2 bedroom apartment by the sea. We'll be staying in tonight, obviously, given my um.....delicate condition. I am feeling better and thanks for all the hugs and well wishes. I must be on the mend since I was thoroughly pissed off this morning for screwing up this holiday. Tonight I don't feel too bad at all. Hubby is going out in search of some Chinese food in a little while (nothing wrong with her appetite) and then we'll go back to doing what we've been doing for the past few hours.....me reading the boards and him going over some contracts. Typical evening at our place. He did go out this afternoon to pick up a few groceries and run a couple of errands. Besides the groceries, he brought back a cute black Guess handbag and a matching wallet....they look adorable with my new flannel nightgown, and I'm not sure if the purpose of the handbag was to balance out the flannel nightgown as a gift.....or provide a reason to live. I'll take it either way.

Happy New Year FCA!!!

:wein:

(KAndre @ Dec 31 2007, 08:18 PM)

I love this Can't tell you how many New Years parties I'd rather have stayed home. And when I found the right guy, that's what we did. Actually, no, we went out to one of those catered events once. Never again. Too many drunks, too little fun.

Cotton, I do know that life seems so unfair. I found my guy when he rang my apartment doorbell by mistake looking for someone on another floor whose apartment he agreed to help paint. Our families knew each other, and we just hit it off. Go figure. I've been all over the world, got my degree at night working full time. Always a lot of men around, but never had as much fun as with him, just sitting together and talking. I hope your niece finds someone like that. All I did was answer the door. You just never know.

Damn. Black eyed peas. I knew I forgot something at the store today. Couchie, it's a tradition in my neck of the woods too.

CONGRATULATIONS TO CLAY & CLAYNATION FOR EXCEEDING THE UNICEF GOAL.

:money: :nana: :EmoticonRingAround: :bravo:

HAPPY NEW YEAR FCA!!

:fest30: :09: :all_coholic: :bier: :11:

Have a good evening and sweet dreams. :claydreaming_ClayIzzaQt:

ETA: Me, at the top of the page? Looks like my New Year might be off to a good start.

So glad you're better KarenEh? You had us worried. And keepingfaith, glad you got your finger taken care of too.

I think if Clay had been around in the heydey of Danny Kaye and Donald O'Connor et al, he would have been right up there with them. I could so see him standing in front of the Big Band, riffing and jazzing it up, bustin' a move every now and then. *g* NOBODY will ever convince me that he can't dance! Sure, not at the Gene Kelly level, but the boy's got rythm. Sometimes I think that's the biggest obstacle to his 'superstardom' - the world is just too damn jaded to open themselves up to that kind of entertainment today (outside of live theatre anyway). *le sigh*

I loved those kinds of movies when I was a kid, watched with my parents. I agree that Clay would fit right in.

I like musicals too, although I'm more familiar with the ones of my youth than the new ones. Loved West Side Story, and lots of songs from lots of musicals. I have seen Moulin Rouge and Chicago, and on Broadway I saw Spamalot, Wicked, and Bombay Dreams. I like LOTR and Harry Potter too. I'm easily entertained. :cryingwlaughter:

Ooooh - Legolas - one of the few blonds I am willing to make all kinds of exceptions for. Clay will just have to live with my unfaithful self.

Joining in the Legolas love. :flirtysmile3:

So tonight I'm doing nothing as usual. Another happily single woman here, and not into parties anymore. I'll have some bubbly, and I bought a special treat--potato chips!! I do wish TV didn't suck quite so much--even I am not that easily entertained.

BWAH!! I'm watching Spamalot on youtube. There's a new (illegal) recording of the whole show. The video quality doesn't come close to the quality of clack, but it's good enough to get the dialogue and the general gist of the story. Or the not-a-story, and the case may be! I'm one that doesn't mind being spoiled, 'cuz I'll follow the live show better if I've seen it already.

If you want to see it, lucky put a link in the Spamalot thread here at FCA. Just click on 'View New Posts.' :imgtongue:

I CAN'T WAIT to see Clay in this show!! I think he will do a fantastic job.

What am I doing New Year's Eve? Trying to get caught up with this board that moves at the speed of light! How exciting is that?

Actually, DH and I just got home from having a nice steak and lobster dinner, but we're not partiers and dont like to be out on the roads with all the crazies on NYE. I will probably be in bed by 10:00. My DD just walked into the living room all fondued up for a night of partying and asked me "If you were a guy would you hit on me?" WTF?? How the hell do you answer that?

I was thinking this morning that it was such a big thing in my younger days that I not receive impersonal house/kitchen gifts at Christmas. Of course, that's because from time to time I received such lovelies as a new vacuum cleaner and a Remington 20-gauge shotgun. No, I didn't shoot him with it. My husband was a skeet shooter and he thought I should learn the sport (the official reason), but since he had been wanting this 20-gauge to go with his 12-gauge Remington, I never accepted that reasoning. Anyway, I took some of my Christmas cash this year and went to Macy's and what did I end up buying for myself but an 8-quart and 4-quart stainless steel pressure cooker set, and new knives. So I'm hanging in the kitchen a lot these days with new extremely sharp knives. No emergency room for me ... my DIL in nursing school finally got me fixed up.

kf - glad to hear you're fixed up - careful with those knives now...

I got a set of snow tires one year... if that doesn't say love, I don't know what does... he's lucky I didn't run him over... although his clothing choices weren't much better at first... he learned but it took time... :cryingwlaughter:

I once got a rake for an anniversary present. And not too long ago my DH gifted me with a weed whacker for Christmas. He's lucky I didn't castrate him with it. This year I received three laundry hampers. But they were only to throw me off the scent. Inside each hamper was a lovely gift. Yes, men are trainable, but it's taken me 26 years to train him. :cryingwlaughter:

Yay I'm so glad he's going to make it. I've been scrounging my couch for loose change..and I'm only half joking.

I think it was also 100K last time as well.

OK off to make black eye peas for good luck. Do we have a rolling eyes emoticon..but my mom will nag me until they are made. Any other New Years Traditions out there.

We fix Hoppin' John for New Year's dinner. Hoppin' John is a southern dish of black-eyed peas, rice, tomatoes, garlic, onions, etc. that some Cajun families eat for good luck. "Eat lean on New Year's Day, eat fat the rest of the year". Also cabbage leaves are supposed to be good luck for the new year. They symbolize currency.

The black-eyed peas for good luck was so strongly ingrained in me that I literally cannot go to bed on Jan. 1st if I haven't eaten any. I've been known to run to the store at the last minute and buy canned black eyed peas. I'm really not that superstitious about other stuff.

100%+

:clap: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:clap::clap::clap: Way to go, Clay Fans!!!!

I do wish TV didn't suck quite so much--even I am not that easily entertained.

Heh. I just stumbled on Planet of the Apes on AMC. Nothin' like a classic. ;)

---

Say your alone and people assume your lonely. But as K'andre pointed out...I was more alone during the 18 years I was married to a man who couldn't stand to spend 5 mn in a room alone. Go figure.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FCA

I am pretty tired!!!

yesterday I made 6 meat pies...today cleaned the house...must be clean for the new year...then made some empanadas, spring rolls and fried wontons and leche flan...for our New Year stay up all night party. The girls have one friend each...then at around eleven they will be going with hubby (I stay home with little cait) to the town park to watch the big fire works. I did it with the girls last year and it was fun but FREEEEEEZING...its hubby's turn. I don't know if Cait and I will be able to stay up till Midnight...I will stay up with you guys...I usually stay up anyway...but I wonder if she will be able to stay up with me. So far she is going strong watching her Treehouse TV. Its fun to listen to my other girls having fun with their friends!!!

YAY for the UNICEF fundraiser!!!! When did this fundraiser start? cos its like only a week isn't it???

Now to catch up to lots of convo...

LOVE musicals...growing up I spent the afternoon watching old mgm films and musicals...and we had lots of musical soundtracks and had season tickets to Repertory Philippines. This is a premier theater group in the Philippines that was where Leah Salonga first started. I first saw her as a little girl playing Annie. My favorite gift ever was a Time/readers digest set of broadway music...

Love HP...I think her stories grew with each book. The first one truly is a childrens book but from the third to the last ...were very complex with a lot of character development. I will truly miss waiting for a book...will probably re-read all of them again and again. The films...are a bit of a disappointment because they can never capture all of the fun scense in the book...but I do like the actors that are playing them and I do think they do as good a job as possible.

LOTR...I also had a difficult time going through the Hobbit...but LOTR...couldn't put them down. I ended up also reading some companion piece that filled in some of the blanks and history of the whole series...a great read. I tend to enjoy scifi series like the robot and foundation series by Asimov, the Dune series by Frank Herbert, and the most recent series I read, Kings Dark Tower series...

ldyJ...you and I have a similar romantic background. Never was boy crazy so treated all my male friends as buddies through highs school and college so never had a boyfriend and was convinced I was going to be single so I had a bet with my best friends for the first person to marry to treat everyone to the most expensive restaurant. So I leave the Philippines to pursue my doctorate...and ended up getting married with my roommate/best friend after 2 years. I was not even looking to have a relationship with him. I was so sure I was going to be alone that I truly planned to get artificial insemination cos I knew I wanted to get a child. Hee...that apalled my hubby when he first heard that...well now I have 3 lovely girls and not really sad about letting go of my planned career. Life certainly had other plans for me. Oh and yeah I was the first to marry among my girl friends and had to treat all of them...

as for our collective BF...

I truly feel like this year will be a stellar year for him. I have good feelings about Spamalot and the new CD...I am so excited, I cannot wait. I am glad that I have all of you to share the next adventures with...

Bring on the new year!!!!

Our family's New Year's food tradition: Pork and Kraut, like black-eyed peas for some, it's supposed to be good luck, so that's what we'll be having tomorrow. Tonight, I'm at the computer cleaning out my email inbox and deleted file. I may try to clean out some other files to make some space on my hard drive. Hubby is in the family room channel surfing between football and movie channels. It's been years since we've partied on New Years eve. I did bring home some Pina Colada wine coolers to drink during our equally exciting evening activities. :cryingwlaughter:

Great News on Clay's Unicef goals being met :clap:

OMG!!!! I forgot to get black-eyed peas at the store today. OMG!!!! I hope the store is open in the morning.

ACKKK!!!!!!!

Not that I'm superstitious.

The black-eyed pea, also known as the cow pea, is thought to have originated in North Africa, where it has been eaten for centuries. It may have been introduced into India as long as 3,000 years ago, and was also a staple of Greek and Roman diets. The peas were probably introduced to the New World by Spanish explorers and African slaves, and have become a common food in the southern United States, where they are available dried, fresh, canned, and frozen. The flavorful peas are used to make soups, salads, fritters, and casseroles; they can also be pur&eacuteed; or sprouted. One of the more popular ways of cooking black-eyed peas is the dish called "Hoppin' John", a traditional African-American dish served on New Year's day for good luck.

There are almost as many theories as to how Hoppin' John got its name as there are ways to cook the dish. One story attributes the name to the custom of inviting guests to eat with, "Hop in, John." Another suggestion is that it is derived from an old ritual on New Year's Day in which the children of the house hopped once around the table before eating the dish. Whatever its origin, it was definitely a staple for many in the early South, and remains an important dish today.

They have links to recipes here. I just took the ham bone left over from Xmas ham...threw it in a pot with the peas and chopped onions and cooked for 1 1/2 hours.

Wonder how long my brother in law will last tonight... After the Warriors kicked Houston's butt --sorry posse -- another important sport came on -- the Hooters pageant :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: