#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

Given all the Musicals! talk the last couple days, I thought you might like to know that That's Entertainment III is on Bravo! right now. I love these shows. I'm not sure if our Bravo is the same as the US one though.

I watched That's Entertainment II on TCM this afternoon!

Kim

rocknrlmom I'm so very sorry. I lost my mother before Thanksgiving, so I know just what you mean about feeling a dissconnect. The world just seems out of place. I think AIW was a lovely choice.

Cotton and luckiest and others in NYC in mid-March If we're all going to be there on the 12th, maybe we could get together for dinner. My friend CarolJean and I are staying at the Pennsyvlania Hotel by Penn Station.

Isn't this exciting?

{{{{{rcknrllmom and family}}}}}} I've missed you around here, and now I know the reason why. I'll be praying for you, and I'm glad Clay was able to provide some comfort to you as well.

As for the Playbill...well, gee, my KoolAid flavor was cherry. I had to buy two, since I don't think I'm going to get there. *sob* I'll just live vicariously through each and everyone of you that WILL be going.

rocknrlmom I'm so very sorry. I lost my mother before Thanksgiving, so I know just what you mean about feeling a dissconnect. The world just seems out of place. I think AIW was a lovely choice.

Cotton and luckiest and others in NYC in mid-March If we're all going to be there on the 12th, maybe we could get together for dinner. My friend CarolJean and I are staying at the Pennsyvlania Hotel by Penn Station.

Isn't this exciting?

Suppose I can win the lottery by then????

Isn't this exciting?

Suppose I can win the lottery by then????

Not if it's the CALIFORNIA lottery because I'm slated to win that one. :D

Thanks...it was a rough end of the year. A few short weeks ago we had to put our cat to sleep too. He got very sick very fast and only 10 years old. My poor daughter...she had him since she was 5 and he slept with her every night. she has been really missing him, then she loses her grandma.....at the visitation she just sat down on the couch and sobbed.....we have had a lot of hugs....and tears.....

The link to dreamlarge's beautiful Year in Review 2007 montage is now up in the usual places: CU Link. It made me remember how ding dang funneeee the man is when he wants to be. I'll have to find where I put scruffy's Banter series and start watching those again while we wait for new stuff.

So I'm the only one who liked Moulin Rouge from the start, including David ("Faramir") Wenham's hissy fit as Audrey?

Nope, you're not the only one.

Ditto jamar. In fact look at my new avatar I swiped. :cryingwlaughter:

It says it all, to me, about FCA.

welcometoreality.gif

Agreed. I realized last night in my celebratory stupor that it's one of the things I appreciate most about this board. For too long now my world has had too many people in it who try to convince me that I'm seeing things all wrong when in fact it turns out that they are at best in denial or at worst, evil. This is one place I can come where I know I can find realistic people, so cheers, FCA.

HappyNewYear.gif

{{{{{{rcknrllmom}}}}}}

How wonderful you chose AIW. You all know how religious I am, but yet, when I need a real pick me up - which seems all too often these days - I MUST listen to AIW. I don't know what it is about that song as sung by Clay, but it soothes my soul.

I sent the Playbill guy a short list of merchandise the fans would probably buy after he notified me that the orders were pouring in. He said not to worry about crashing their site, HEH!

And :whistling-1: again....what might you have suggested? :whistling-1:

Oh some popular items like keychains, magnets, posters, tee shirts, and mugs.

Good skybar!!! You go girl! If they have half a brain, they will cash in on the Clay Nation's addiction desire to spend money on all things Clay!

The link to dreamlarge's beautiful Year in Review 2007 montage is now up in the usual places: CU Link. It made me remember how ding dang funneeee the man is when he wants to be. I'll have to find where I put scruffy's Banter series and start watching those again while we wait for new stuff.

Oooo goody!!! I have her others Best of montages and they're great! Thanks dreamlarge!

I am so glad this day is almost over - even if it does mean I have to work tomorrow (then again, I had to work yesterday too...). I look forward to life getting back to normal. Of course it also means we're getting closer to January 18th and Clay's debut in "Spamalot"! I cannot wait! I am both nervous and excited!

And for once, no one will be able to complain about the hair or the clothes because he will be in costume!!!

One thing I hope - that Clay's fans in the audience will remember this is NOT the Clay Aiken show and respect the other actors as much as they respect Clay! And I am still cringing over the idea of I LOVE YOU CLAY! being yelled at some inopportune moment! Yet I know if KAndre is anywhere nearby, that unfortunate person will pay dearly for such an indiscretion! :cryingwlaughter:

Good Lord y'all are what my daddy would call a 'bunch of yakkity wimmin'. I was caught up when I went to bed last night and then very un-caught up this morning. Our internet has been sporadic all day so I gave up and spent the time taking down the Christmas tree. I officially hate Christmas now.

Tomatoes!!!????

Tomatoes??!! In Hopping John??

Nope. No tomatoes here.

Black-eyed peas, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt pork (though in deference to my cholesterol issues I use a small ham steak instead), salt, pepper. Served over rice. ( We don't mix our black-eyed peas with the rice as some recipes suggest.) Must be served with collards (or other greens) for prosperity!

Hmmm...I see somebody has been dissing my Hoppin' John while I was away. I did get a kick out of Couchie post about Hoppin John being a traditional AFrican American dish. I always thought it was a Cajun dish. :cryingwlaughter: We all come from different paths and have different perceptions, I guess.

I still have a feeling that 2008 for me will be worst than last year for me. I have been so unlucky.

Honey, you think YOU'VE had a bad year? Don't let me get started. I figure, the last two years have been so bad that I'm bound to win the lottery this year as compensation. Join me in thinking positive!!! When things are really shitty, there's really only one way to go.

2007 was a pretty bad year for us, too. My DH has a progressive illness and I really thought 2007 would be our last year together, but here it is - 2008 - and he's sitting here driving me nuts watching football. :cryingwlaughter: So who knows what 2008 will bring? I try to think positively, but I also try to think realistically. I don't want real life to knock me flat like a steamroller. But I also know that there's still a whole lot of love and laughter and life left for us if I just let go of the sad stuff enough to let the good stuff happen. :)

We watched the Mizzou/Arkansas football game, and even though I'm from Missouri, even I was tired of hearing Tony Temple's name. I'm sure AR fans were especially sick of it. I finally had to turn the TV off. I can't take too much football at one sitting.

Clay content? I wonder what my bf did to welcome in the New Year?

I had a funny, crazy dream last night. I dreamed I was at The Pyramids (want to see them someday before I die) and they were all lit up with blue light with the words "HE BLOGGED". :cryingwlaughter: I must be going nuts.

:cry4: All y'alls talking about Spamalot is really making me want to mortgage the house or sell one of the kids to raise the money to go.

Isn't this exciting?

Yes! It is exciting!!!

Claygasm :cryingwlaughter: I just thought about some *cough* who are going to have all their fun spoiled!! No HAIR to critique! No SUIT to complain about!

Guess they'll have to wait for Clay About Town shots to gripe about his clothes and hair!

I'm sorry, I'm just :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: over this!

So sorry rcknrllmom, it's so difficult especially during the holidays.

I have to apologize for ever saying anything negative about collards and black eyed peas. After my bad experience of eating collards, pinto beans and chicken pie at a senior center where I was volunteering last year, I had a good experience today.

Mr. Fear and I were invited to eat at my neighbor's daughter's home today. She served pork roast, hoppin john, rutabagas, sweet potatoes and collards. Wow, I almost licked the plate clean. It's so very different when someone knows what they are doing in the kitchen. For dessert, her mom made a chocolate pear cake. Yummy!

But the most amazing and unusual dish was the depression corn bread. Joe, our neighbor, makes this. It is corn meal, water and a little salt. He heats up a pan with a little grease in it and drops the liquidy concoction into it. He bakes it on both sides until crisp and brown. I ate three pieces.

Back to Spamalot. When I think about Clay being stunt cast, I think about him coming on the stage on horseback and doing somersaults on the horses back. But then what do I know? :8:

Fear!

Was this cornbread 'holey'?

My Nannie used to make what we called 'Lacey' cornbread! The batter was really really thin and she poured it into the big iron frying pan with hot Crisco. They were like pancakes only so much thinner and the oil bubbled through it so it came out crispy, 'lacey' and browned on the edges.

I have never been able to recreate it. It was YUMMY!

I had a funny, crazy dream last night. I dreamed I was at The Pyramids (want to see them someday before I die) and they were all lit up with blue light with the words "HE BLOGGED". :cryingwlaughter: I must be going nuts.

Nuts? No... but I wanna know what you been drinkin'!!! :cryingwlaughter: