#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

I had a funny, crazy dream last night. I dreamed I was at The Pyramids (want to see them someday before I die) and they were all lit up with blue light with the words "HE BLOGGED". :cryingwlaughter: I must be going nuts.

Nuts? No... but I wanna know what you been drinkin'!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Hee! :cryingwlaughter:

Clay is CUTE y'all!!

He certainly is! And FUNNY! :flirtysmile3:

I had to run out this afternoon (it's frickin' freezing, snowy & windy out) and ended up stopping by Wild Oats to pick up the fixings for Clayzor's black-eyed pea dip - YUMMY!

{{{{{rcknrllmom & family}}}}

Hey! It's PerusingOne! It was so good to see you again in Merrillville! I hope you can keep caught up here on main to post once in a while (although I have to admit it's been HARD to keep up lately, even for me! Hee!)

FINALLY got around to watching the Holiday on Ice special. Now I know about Shae-Lynn's move...um....OK. OTOH, I loved the Phillippe number with Clay, and I think he really, really, REALLY sounded great on AIW. All-in-all, I think this was a great appearance for Clay, and I enjoyed every minute of it!

Sigh. I've got to go back to work tomorrow. Sigh.

Fear!

Was this cornbread 'holey'?

My Nannie used to make what we called 'Lacey' cornbread! The batter was really really thin and she poured it into the big iron frying pan with hot Crisco. They were like pancakes only so much thinner and the oil bubbled through it so it came out crispy, 'lacey' and browned on the edges.

I have never been able to recreate it. It was YUMMY!

Not lacey but thin, about 3/8 of an inch thick. He didn't specify what type of grease either. He did say they fed it to the baby pigs and dogs until they discovered how good it was. He did say it could also be prepared on the stove top. He bakes it at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. How did I not know about this. I've wasted so many good eating years. :cry4:

Happy New Year FCA!

I promised couchie that I would post on main, so here I am upping my post count to 3! Waves to the eHP (see y'all soon!)

And just think, if you post at least once a month, you'll be at post #15 this time next year. I think you will be dog walker longer than anyone in the history of FCA heee.

Rocknrollmom and merrieeee and everyone else going through loss... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yay merchandise for Clay for Spamalot. I'll order mine in a couple weeks as well as start planning. Trying to wait to see if they'll come up with a gala date but I'm getting antsy and will start planning my trip to NYC by the end of the month. The gala would just be an extra special treat I would enjoy while in NYC but maybe it's not meant to be.

My dad used to make hot water cornbread...anybody ever have that?

Oh well time to go back to work. I wish I could win the lotto..... I'm not greedy..I don't need 20 million. One will do :cryingwlaughter:

Sigh. I've got to go back to work tomorrow. Sigh.

Sigh. Me too. Sigh. In a way I'm ready for life to get back to normal, but on the other hand I really am a lazy-assed slob who hates to work for a living. But I really need to be someplace where there is no food, because all I've done for the past two weeks is eat. Must.stop.eating.

I thought Clay sounded fantastic on AIW, also. :wub:

How crazy is it that I'm already going through withdrawal? Clack is fine, but I don't usually go back and watch old Clack. Once it's over, it's over, and I like my Clack fresh roasted. So yeah, this is going to be a loooong spring and summer for me.

Is it realistic to think that the Spamalot gig will at least bring us a couple of interviews, or not? I have no idea what to expect.

rcknrllmom - I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I lost mine in September and like you sat with her in the hospital for 2 weeks until her last breath. I'm so glad I got to take her to the concert in Tulsa in July. Don't know who she loved more...Clay or Jesse. LOL I also understand what you mean about feeling "disconnected"...you want to ask people why they are smiling...they are not supposed to be smiling. I wanted to play "Because You Loved Me" at my mom's funeral but we just had a military service at the grave site but every time I hear that song, I think of my mom and cry. Hugs to you..... :26:

Happy New Year Everyone! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Add me to the list of those sighing about going back to work tomorrow. Sigh. I'm in a very bad place with my workplace attitude right now. That should be something I work on for the new year, I suppose. <_<

Is it realistic to think that the Spamalot gig will at least bring us a couple of interviews, or not? I have no idea what to expect.

I certainly hope so, and I would also hope that Clay might make the rounds for his UNICEF trip like he did for Afghanistan, since that the whole point of having celebrity ambassadors. I have no idea, but if he's already or soon to be in NYC, there are plenty of possibilities with the morning shows and whatnot.

{{{{{rocknrllmom}}}}} and {{{{{pkmiller}}}}} So sorry to hear the news about your moms.

Happy New Year FCA!

*rubs eyes* Reads post. *rubs eyes* Wow! Great to see you posting! Can we expect more in 2008 or did you play some sort of 'Truth or Dare' game in Merrillville while I was in the other room?

Sounds like I might be camping out in a winter-rated tent!! :cryingwlaughter:
ROTFL! We need someone with will power to talk us out of it. *v. sweetly* goldarngirl?!

KF, haven't forgotten about your motown but that's a mini-project on its own. Interlochen was niiice but I think Kettering and Toledo will also have great Motown clips! Thanks for the dialog quotes from Moulin Rouge. Glad to see that jmh123, Lotus and CG enjoyed that part too.

jmh123, thought about you today since I went to see the Shanghai exhibit again before it closes this weekend. I haven't forgotten about your non-Clay Sedaka clips either. Maybe I should just stay home the rest of the week since it looks like I'm going to be busy rendering for a while. And I don't want to go to work tomorrow either. {{annabear}}

*rubs eyes* Reads post. *rubs eyes* Wow! Great to see you posting! Can we expect more in 2008 or did you play some sort of 'Truth or Dare' game in Merrillville while I was in the other room?

No games Scarlett. I did quite a bit of nagging though.

{{{{{rocknrllmom}}}}} and {{{{{pkmiller}}}}} So sorry to hear the news about your moms.

Sounds like I might be camping out in a winter-rated tent!! :cryingwlaughter:
ROTFL! We need someone with will power to talk us out of it. *v. sweetly* goldarngirl?!

goldarngirl , Clay and willpower never go together. It's amazing I can even spell willpower when Clay is in the same sentence.

So you will need to find another much stronger willed person than I.

Hmmmm, perusingone and goldarngirl both posted today? And goldarngirl posted several times! It's a read letter day here at FCA!! :lol:

:ura: :nana: :ura:

Whoa everyone was so shocked they left. :cry4:

I'm here! I'm here! heee You're no longer last. Don't you just hate when all conversation stops after you post.

Any other newbies, lurkers, infrequent posters want to check in? You know you wanna. We don't bite..really we don't.

ETA: waves to Thankful! OOh and she has 50 posts..kiss your dogs goodbye hee.

I am kind of depressed today, I have spent too much time in the den.

And I have been cleaning my room and looking at all the clothes I can't fit into that I have to move to the attic to make room for all the clothes I bought over the years. In the summer I have two places with clothes, in the winter it is all in one room and I am trying to find drawer space.

tomorrow, I need to start painting.

Well, one of my New Year's Resolutions was to try to be in bed by midnight, and seeing as it's one hour and 18 minutes into January 2cd, I guess that resolution is officially broke. Oh well.

rcknrllmom, I will be thinking of you and your family in the days and weeks to come. I sat in the fourth and fifth rows of the Minneapolis concerts too, and I think we smiled at each other sortof.

I am way too chicken to come say hi if I'm not sure of myself, and as Couchie will attest, being approached by a bunch of people just because you may have a few commonalities with someone else just gets old. I hope you'll accept my cyberhug now when you especially need it. And it's my special prayer that AIW will continue to be a comfort and a cherished memory of your mom for a long long time.

Happy New Year FCA!

I promised couchie that I would post on main, so here I am upping my post count to 3! Waves to the eHP (see y'all soon!)

And an extra special hug for merrieeee.

PERUSING ONE!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! ITS ME LENA , I mean ZENA!!!!!

Did you get sick too? Someone said somewhere I had some company in food poisoning department. Maybe we could share digestive horror stories? Well, maybe not.

Something crazy always happens to me when I go to Minneapolis. Last time I went there to see Clay I broke my nose.

(Sorry, FCA, since I can't live in the future world of Spamalot, I gotta hang with my boring past)

The funniest thing is though, I am going back to the scene of the crime in the end of January. My husband has a four day conference, and is booked into a very nice suite at the downtown Hilton.

So while all you lucky so and so's are at THE DEBUT in NY, I'll be rattling around Hell's kitchen dredging up good memories of CITH 2007.

I can live with that though. Good memories are worth their weight in gold.

I feel so far away from all of you, and often very detached. I mean, I live in a world that don't know nuthin about black eyed peas, or half the things i read about here that are fried up in Crisco. I mean have you ever heard the word "cholesterol"? I'm worried about you.

Nevertheless, somehow, when the enablers throw their dice and the stars align, Clay has managed to bring me to so many places I've never been before and each time I've been blessed with real life connections to real people.

I'm hoping for more miracles in 2008; nothing's planned, not even promised, but I can wait.

:bye6:

Ah, a very positive review from Idolhead Ed

Caution, I already e-mailed him about All is well being available on Itunes and where to get the video, so no need for anyone else to write about that.

<snipping some set up stuff>

Todd Eldridge is the first skater I saw Clay sing with. I know it wasn’t the first in the show because in his interview vignette, I saw him singing “Don’t Save it All for Christmas Day” with Shae-Lynn Bourne. Sorry I missed that but I’m going to give it a 10 because you know it had to be. Anyway, I’m not really into guy skaters but with Clay’s magical take on a song I’ve never heard I think called “All is Well”. It was a sight to behold. As Clay belted out those high notes the crowd rose to their feet with thunderous applause. I knew this was not going to be my grandma’s Christmas special. Fantastic! I hope this song is on Clay’s next Christmas CD.

<snip more praise>

The show ends with Clay singing another of my favorites from his Christmas CD “What are you Doing New Year’s Eve? At this point I think to myself that Clay must have read my review of his CD because he did all but one of my favorites from the CD. Clay, Idolhead fan? Hmmmm....With the entire skating cast spilling onto the floor Clay gives another stellar performance. Blending some brilliant choreography with Clay’s vocals, all the skaters shined. With one last gesture, Sasha glides up to Clay and delivers a pair of ice skates as to say thank you. The rest of the skaters do their encore skate as Clay exits the stage with gift in hand. Upon his return to the ice, skates on, he is flanked by Sasha and Surya Bonaly. More for physical than moral support I suspect. As Clay said earlier in an interview, he won't be in the Ice Capades anytime soon.

As I watched this show I felt I was witnessing Clay’s emergence as this generation’s Robert Goulet. His style does not really have a place in Pop music but much more suited to Adult Contemporary. He could easily host a musical variety show of his own on TV. But I feel he would do very well in Las Vegas. But for now his next stop is the Great White Way in his first Broadway musical “Spamalot”. I will be back in NY the beginning of February and will stop in on Clay and bring back my personal review of his performance. Be looking for it.

No matter it doesn’t look like Clay will be fading away anytime soon much to his critics and detractors dismay. Especially if I and his fervent fans have anything to say about it. And when my wife gets home, I’ll have an extra Christmas present for her.

BWAh - Robert Goulet - I loved that commercial with Robert Goulet sneaking into your desk in the afternoon and messing it up. When he and I were younger, I had some HmmmHmm thoughts about Goulet.

Wow, great review! Thanks for bringing it over.

How crazy is it that I'm already going through withdrawal? Clack is fine, but I don't usually go back and watch old Clack. Once it's over, it's over, and I like my Clack fresh roasted. So yeah, this is going to be a loooong spring and summer for me.

I am just the opposite. In the crazy, hectic times when Clay is on tour, it's as much as I can do to attend my few performances, and try to keep up with all the downloads. I don't get much of a chance to watch - that's what downtimes are for. Such a wealth of clack to catch up on! I know I still haven't seen all of the Jukebox of the JNaT06 yet, either. And now the DCAT & CITH as well. Plus all the TV stuff from last year that I can rewatch. Clackapalooza!

So far 2008 has started with a bang for me. My dryer died. And this morning son #1 woke up sick as a dog. Not sure if it's food poisoning or what but he can't keep water down and has fever & chills. Looks like I'm not going in to work this morning.....I can't leave him by himself in this condition.

Thanks everyone for the hugs and kind words.....I see some of you have had losses too, :hugs-1: to all of you!!

zena same row? well Hi to you, a bit late! first night we were 5th row dead center....incredible seats! second night 4th row just to the right of where we were the night before...

AIW-my mom did not go to church, did not believe you had to to have faith or believe anything. Told us before she wanted no songs like The Old Rugged Cross ...thank you for that mom!! so when I was picked to pick the songs, it was easy!!! This song, I listened to on my way to my checkup last January and again in July....I have my 5 year check up in 8 days......I will play it then, I know it will make me cry, but it helps to comfort me on my way to these checkups that scare me so!!