#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

As I watched this show I felt I was witnessing Clay’s emergence as this generation’s Robert Goulet. His style does not really have a place in Pop music but much more suited to Adult Contemporary. He could easily host a musical variety show of his own on TV. But I feel he would do very well in Las Vegas.

Is that the sound of heads exploding I hear???

I don't want to go to work....... :cry4:

Damn! As if having to go to work isn't bad enough, I find myself on the top of the page too!

Bookwhore wrote:

We watched the Mizzou/Arkansas football game, and even though I'm from Missouri, even I was tired of hearing Tony Temple's name. I'm sure AR fans were especially sick of it. I finally had to turn the TV off. I can't take too much football at one sitting.

I didn't bother to watch. I knew that we would lose. 38-7 at least you didn't skunk us. :cryingwlaughter: You know we lost our coach, Houston Nutt, so we had no coach going to the Cotton Bowl. We did manage to acquire Atlanta Falcon's pro couch, Bobby Petrino, though. I am very excited about that.

annabear wrote:

I had to run out this afternoon (it's frickin' freezing, snowy & windy out) and ended up stopping by Wild Oats to pick up the fixings for Clayzor's black-eyed pea dip - YUMMY!

I'm glad you tried this and liked it.

:DoClay:

ummmm..........I'll have you to know that once Clay does me, he'll be singing a new tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPPXHiaiKqs

claygasm, I'm off till the 6th.................. :imgtongue:

Good Morning Everyone,

It was 1 degree when I left my house this morning. So cold my computer mouse froze; it was acting up last night and I changed the batteries (we have a laser mouse) and that worked for a while, but this morning nothing. I stopped on my way to work and bought a new one, I figure if the new one does not work it is something with the computer and if it does, than it was just the mouse...hoping it is just the mouse and not the whole dang computer.

5 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

16 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I knew I shoulda ate that damn cabbage and black eyed peas...but I hate both of them. Hate, hate, hate. And my mother keeps saying just eat a spoonful, pfui! So I managed to totally avoid them yesterday - and woke up late this morning, couldn't find my badge to get into the office, left 20 minutes late, couldn't find a parking space on my normal floor, got to the garage elevator bank and managed to turn my purse upside down (and of course zipping it up was too much to ask) just as the elevator arrived, let that elevator go and turned the purse upside down again (still unzipped of course) just as the next elevator arrived, managed to miss the building elevator with the co-worker in it so I can get into the office suite, drew a mental blank on anyone's extension so I couldn't call for them to let me in (and my cell phone battery just died), and now the side of my fist hurts from beating upon the glass door that no one can hear.

I think I will blame Clive Davis for old times' sake.

I knew I shoulda ate that damn cabbage and black eyed peas...but I hate both of them. Hate, hate, hate. And my mother keeps saying just eat a spoonful, pfui! So I managed to totally avoid them yesterday - and woke up late this morning, couldn't find my badge to get into the office, left 20 minutes late, couldn't find a parking space on my normal floor, got to the garage elevator bank and managed to turn my purse upside down (and of course zipping it up was too much to ask) just as the elevator arrived, let that elevator go and turned the purse upside down again (still unzipped of course) just as the next elevator arrived, managed to miss the building elevator with the co-worker in it so I can get into the office suite, drew a mental blank on anyone's extension so I couldn't call for them to let me in (and my cell phone battery just died), and now the side of my fist hurts from beating upon the glass door that no one can hear.

are you kidding me?!?!? sorry your New year is not starting off right...but its good to have an all purpose person to blame...

I had the most vivid Clay dream last night...sorry nothing smutty about it...even my sub conscious refuse to smut...but its pretty cute anyway.

the setting is my childhood home in the Philippines... for some unknown reason Clay was there, having some car problems I think. So here I was trying not to be all fangirly and acting calm and treating him like an ordinary guy all through out supper. He was having nice conversation with my family. Then after supper he stands up and serenades the family and I felt all bad cos I didn't want him to feel obligated to entertain us. After that we were hanging out in my moms room. Once again I was trying not to be intrusive and ask him all kinds of questions....then all of a sudden he makes several dance moves that looks like something straight from thriller...and I was truly shocked cos it was just out of the blue... I asked him if that was from his spamalot role. Sheepishly he said yeah, he needs to remember the choreography...hee. I then asked him if he can speak with an English accent and he mumbles something below his breath...couldn't hear enough to judge whether it was good or not. Just then his car came and off he goes to the airport...hee.

I guess I was thinking about my trip home in March and spamalot...hee

Happy New Year FCA!

I promised couchie that I would post on main, so here I am upping my post count to 3! Waves to the eHP (see y'all soon!)

Hey you Prolific Peruser you! I miss you!! Happy New Year!

My dad used to make hot water cornbread...anybody ever have that?

Oh yeah, my grandmother made hot water cornbread. She made so many things that we don't have anymore since she's been gone -- like a butter roll.

KF, haven't forgotten about your motown but that's a mini-project on its own. Interlochen was niiice but I think Kettering and Toledo will also have great Motown clips!

And I trust you completely about the best shows to render, and I'm patient and will be right here waiting. Interlochen is one of the venues where he had that sexy "ohh" cry in his voice with Reach Out I'll Be There - that's the draw there. I loooove goldarngirl and luckiest's Interlochen montages. Thank you every one of you beautiful people who bring me clack! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I dunno, KA, it almost sounds like a Roger operation to me. :imgtongue:

Hugs to everyone having emotional stress as this new year begins, and especially to those who have suffered separation with a loved one. I wish I could dry the eyes of the living with the knowledge that death is an illusion since our bodies are only vehicles and that we're not physical entities having spiritual experiences, but the opposite in fact, and that we all make it in the end, and that I know this from personal NDE or OBE or whatever other name that doesn't touch the reality of it -- but since we all know it at the seat of our consciousness anyway, nevermind.

Happy 2008 to all of you! And yeah, it sucks to go back to work. Whatever.

Now...I just had a great memory flash me. All you guys who were at the DC holiday tour. Remember when we were riding the Metro after our little French dessert after-concert indulgence? And how at first CG and I sat apart from you guys (unintentionally, of course) and then we were all just sitting around on the Metro, shootin' the shit and then it was the stop for all of you except me and CG and how we had a kind of hug line, with everybody hugging fast and furiously before the train doors closed and you missed your exit? That was sooooooo wonderful and it was fun to see the looks on the other people's faces after those doors DID close! :cryingwlaughter: We weren't especially quiet or shy about our affectionate farewells... :cryingwlaughter:

good times.....good times... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

TRAVEL ALERT!

Looks like I'll be in Houston Feb 3-5 for a conference--attending this time, not managing! Any chance I could meet up with the eHP while I'm there? I'd be available Sun or Monday evening and am staying downtown (I think)....the conference is being held at the convention center. Somebody let me know, okay?

Also...I sure hope our thread doesn't start galloping at the speed of light cuz one thing I MUST resolve to change this new year is my time on the boards during the workday...so I'm checking in before I get started with my 'to do' list and maybe will pop in one other time before going home. I need to really up my game here in the office---don't wanna jeopardize this gig.

So....hope everyone has a great day... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh...wait. I can't leave without a lovely New Year's present for my favorite women...

ClayAiken-Houston-7-6-07-u.jpg

puckerup-1.jpg

anewark15.jpg

tongue.jpg

SLC_YGAF.jpg

micplacementiskey.jpg

tummy.jpg

thJBTDarienLakes1049cpants2.jpg

Also...I sure hope our thread doesn't start galloping at the speed of light cuz one thing I MUST resolve to change this new year is my time on the boards during the workday...so I'm checking in before I get started with my 'to do' list and maybe will pop in one other time before going home. I need to really up my game here in the office---don't wanna jeopardize this gig.

I think the thread galloping will come to fast halt due to the first part of your post:

Happy 2008 to all of you! And yeah, it sucks to go back to work. Whatever.

At least I know all the post whoring done by moi in the few days I've been a member here are over now that I'm back to the daily grind. Thanks for New Year's presents! :imgtongue:

Whoa, KAndre...... I hope the rest of your day gets better!

bwah...heee

I can't laugh..cuz I could see my bus whizz right by as I was one cross street away from it..then I had to wait 30 minutes. I would have been fine with it but I had my ipod and no headphones. I'm totally out of practice with this public transportation thing and that used to be my middle name.

:garfieldodie-grouphug: to all as we start the new year.

I actually looked over the rules of FCA at the end of last year to see what else I could delete heh but all is well. I hope everyone is having fun at work today!

:garfieldodie-grouphug: to all as we start the new year.

I actually looked over the rules of FCA at the end of last year to see what else I could delete heh but all is well. I hope everyone is having fun at work today!

Holy shit!!!! We have RULES??? :huh:

Just got an email from Aron Hall at the BAF regarding an online auction in conjunction with the Golfing For Inclusion Event next Monday. The items up for auction, as well as the rules are HERE!

Most of the items are golfing related, but the first is dinner and a sightseeing ride with Clay in NYC! It has to be on a Monday night, and the winner's schedule needs to be flexible. The opening bid is $5000.

Wonder how much it will go for? And damn, why am I not rich? Oh yeah, or else I would actually be GOING to NYC to see Spamalot ANYWAY!

CV noted that the American Idol website has a animated ad for Clay's appearance in Spamalot, which includes a link to purchase tickets. Looks like great placement to me, and good timing as I would think site traffic would be picking up as the AI season premiere is coming up shortly.

I don't get it.

No. I mean, really. I don't get the ad.

Do you have to log in? I have a white blank rectangle at the top - all the way across except for the log in box.

???

Cotton, you probably have to have activex or something. I get it and it is cute - no that Clay is animated, it is the spamalot picture with Clay being built a bit at a time and the TV voice saing with Clay Aiken....

How cool is it that the guy whose wife bid so much at the BAF gala is giving Poker lessons - so cool

Golfing for Inclusion Auction Items

On January 7, 2008, The Bubel/Aiken Foundation will host its first annual Golfing for Inclusion tournament at Mirasol Country Club in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. For more information, go to our Golf Page here.

We will be having a live auction after the golfing at Mirasol. We wanted to open bidding on several items to the general public. The following are the bidding instructions:

1. Bid by emailing aronhall@bubelaiken.org.

2. The Subject Line of the email should be "Golfing for Inclusion Auction Bid".

3. In the body of the email include the lot number and lot title. In addition, include your full name, phone number, address, and email.

4. In the body of the email, submit your MAXIMUM BID for the item. Submit bids in increments of $100.

5. Please only submit ONE (1) bid. Any bids under the minimum will not be considered.

6. The highest maximum bid will be sealed and then introduced to the live auction audience at Mirasol when their bidding has stopped. The live audience will be given the last chance to bid.

7. If your maximum bid is the winning bid, your purchase price will be $100 over the next highest bid.

8. We will contact you after the event only if you have won an item. We will make payment arrangements then.

Ready...set...BID!

Lot #001: Dinner with Clay Aiken

Dinner for two with Clay Aiken and guest(s) in New York City plus a sightseeing carriage ride. This will have to be on a Monday night. Schedules must be flexible!

Minimum Bid: $5,000

Lot #002: Autographed Augusta National Masters Flag

One of the famous yellow flags from The Masters autographed by past Masters Champions Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and Gary Player.

Minimum Bid: $2,000

Lot #003: 2008 Masters Experience for Two

Head to beautiful Augusta, Georgia in April 2008 for a Masters Experience which includes Thursday and Friday Masters Passes, lodging in local homes, food prepared by professional chefs, plus hospitality. Transportation is not included. www.masters.org

Minimum Bid: $7,500

Lot #004: Golf and Breakfast with Gary and Wayne Player

Enjoy breakfast and round of golf for you and three friends with Gary and Wayne Player in the Palm Beach area. Schedules must be flexible!

Minimum Bid: $15,000

Lot #005: Golf at the Floridian with Wayne Player

Play a round of golf with three of your friends and Wayne Player at the Floridian—the exclusive private golf club owned by Miami Dolphins' owner Wayne Huizenga.

Minimum Bid: $3,500

Lot #006: Online Poker Lesson with Greg Raymer

Experience a one-hour online poker lesson with 2004 World Series of Poker Champion Greg Raymer. The lesson will include Greg Raymer guiding you playing poker plus a demonstration where Greg actually plays and explains his playing logic during hands. A rare opportunity from one of the best in the game!

Minimum Bid: $5,000

No problem...I'll just run right over and bid 25,000 right now heee.

Anyone from here going to this one. It kinda snuck up on me and haven't given it much thought.

I think they may have changed it already. I saw it this morning at home before I left work, and just checked again now -- and there's a candy bar ad in place of where the Spamalot ad was! Grrr. Oh well.

KAndre, sorry to hear about your disasters at work today.

{{{{{hugs to all us working schlubs}}}}}

You might have to refresh the American Idol website a couple of times, as last time I checked, the Spamalot ad seemed to be part of a rotating banner with dfferent ads. It was there this morning, anyway, I swear!

Dinner and carriage ride, huh? I wonder if the actual winner will be very carefully screened. :imgtongue: Or maybe if the bidding isn't high enough, you get Fake Clay, a hot dog from a push cart, and a cab ride to the bus station.

Well, I am at work, finally. I spent the better part of the day in emerg with my son. They pumped him full of fluids, and sent him home with instructions to come back if the symptoms come back. Some type of nasty virus, I guess. Highly contagious, of course.

Hey, it's freezing here, too, but at least the sun is shining! :)

This worked for me - thanks!