#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

Wonder if Clay's guest will be Jerome!!!

Who can afford this stuff? I mean, it's for a good cause and all, but $5,000 would be a chunk of cash to come up with and that's the beginning bid!

If I'm reading correctly at CV, fans don't have an opportunity to go to this. They were talking about an email from Kristy or Aron that said you had to be a golfer or the guest of a golfer...

Wwll, some individulas are going. I think you have to have an established handicap, so you must be a golfer. And fans can bid by e-mail - sort of blind bidding.

From what I can see, it is just dinner with Clay and one or more friends and a carriage ride by yoruself. I don't think Clay wants PETA bugging him again.

Looks like it's been a challege for people to get to work today. I'm at work, and not terribly thrilled about it. Ah, well, I guess I should be glad that I'm gainfully employed!

KAndre - whew, what a mess you had this morning! I'm glad you finally made it in.

lucky - too bad about your son! Take lots of vitamin C and fluids, and get lots of rest, so that you don't get sick too!

peta has something against carriage rides?
Yes, couchie, most likely at least in part because some idiots don't take care of their animals, protecting them from the elements, overworking them, etc. What, have those people never read Black Beauty? Poor Ginger! (warning: not for the squeamish, classic literature or no)I'm behind, reading from the bottom up, but I figured I had enough of the gist of peta's "issue" to throw that in there.

TRAVEL ALERT!

Looks like I'll be in Houston Feb 3-5 for a conference--attending this time, not managing! Any chance I could meet up with the eHP while I'm there? I'd be available Sun or Monday evening and am staying downtown (I think)....the conference is being held at the convention center. Somebody let me know, okay?

I can do the 4th! It looks like my move date has been pushed back into February. John has too much going on at work over there in January to afford the time to come back to finish up the move with me, and I'm just glad to have some pressure off since I've got recovering to do....yep....I think I'll recover quite nicely in NYC during opening weekend. ;)

Had a follow up appointment today and it appears I'm going to live. I did make sure I left the doctor's this time with a script for some narcotics. I will be sleeping tonight, baby!

Dinner and carriage ride, huh? I wonder if the actual winner will be very carefully screened. :imgtongue: Or maybe if the bidding isn't high enough, you get Fake Clay, a hot dog from a push cart, and a cab ride to the bus station.

BWAH!!

So, this is interesting. Dinner with Clay ....yum. Would a fancy dinner napkin tucked into the neck of one's blouse disguise itself well as a drool bib? Anyway, after I get back to Houston next week, you won't be seeing me around the boards for a while. There are 18 ice cream tubs of change packed away in our storage unit that need to be counted and rolled. Unfortunately, there is no internet access over there. ***Prays that there are more loonies and toonies, than quarters and dimes.***

HA! Fat chance.

OMG! I'm a Canadian and I just realized that I don't know for certain the proper spelling for "toonie." Somebody, help me.....toonie? or twonie?

Oh.My. God, no.............This golf event is not for the fans. Not even as spectators. It is open only to professional golfers. I sure hope no fans plan to attend. This is a serious fundraiser. :Ahh: Poor Clay. Poor, poor Clay.

I think the opening bids are also set high for a reason. I think they are looking for some serious bids from corporate sponsers and people of that ilk. I hope they raise a lot of money. More importantly I hope Clay isn't stuck having to have dinner with a looney toonie fan. :cryingwlaughter:

I forgot to say thanks to those who gave hugs for my hubby. I also want to express my deepest sympathies to wandcleo, rcknrllmom, pkmiller, and merrieeee for their recent loss of their mothers. To ldyjocelyn for her loss of her MIL. So cyber hugs to all (((hugs))) Oh and thanks ldyj for that compliment several pages back.

Well, I am here! So it turns out it was my computer mouse after all; my Microsoft Laser Mouse 5000 that I paid $40 for about 3 months died, but the $6 Target Mouse is working just fine!

Even If I could afford to bid on the dinner with Clay, I think I would pass, don't think I would be able to eat in front of him and I would probably drop something down the front of me, trip or spill my drink...I think being a fan from afar is best!

Kim

Am I misreading something? I understood that anybody could play in the tournament - fan or no, if you had a foursome and the entry fee. There just aren't going to be spectator fans. Nothing wrong with that. My husband used to play in charity golf tournaments every year and I don't ever recall them having a following. I couldn't even ride in the cart and watch. *shrug*

I hope they get a ton of new corporate sponsors out of it.

I could be wrong, but I swear the BAF said the tournament was only open to certain golfers. That it was not open to the fans. Golfers who are registered with a handicap or something like that. I think someone asked them that question and that was the reply. I don't know if it was posted on BAF site or where. I read it, though. My husband is a golfer but not pro. I don't even know if he could join. Of course I may be one of those looney toonie fans and just imagined the whole thing.

Duh!, I feel soooo clueless. Can someone fill me in? Why on earth would a one hour online poker lesson start at $5,000? I could maaaybe understand a live, in-person poker lesson, but online? I know this man was the 2004 champion, but what am I missing?

And why would any fans want to attend this golf tourney just to watch? Didn't Clay already indicate that he wasn't going to be there?

Duh!, I feel soooo clueless. Can someone fill me in? Why on earth would a one hour online poker lesson start at $5,000? I could maaaybe understand a live, in-person poker lesson, but online? I know this man was the 2004 champion, but what am I missing?

And why would any fans want to attend this golf tourney just to watch? Didn't Clay already indicate that he wasn't going to be there?

Supposedly, people are saying they think Clay will be there in some form or another....I've even heard he is the entertainment but have no clue as to the veracity of that info.

The registration form at the Golfing for Inclusion Main Page asks for your golf handicap when you register, so I'm thinking it would have to be for someone who knows more than a little about golf. However, it also mentions "bringing one guest" to most of the activities too (and I see jj beat me to that).

However, the bidding for the dinner with Clay? Whole 'nother matter. As I said, I wish I was rich!

Bookwhore, I think Clay is supposed to be there, probably for the evening's festivities only. The flyer says:

“Please join me, John Hancock, American Portfolios Financial Services, and others for the first annual Golfing for Inclusion tournament to be held January 7, 2008 at the Mirasol Country Club in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. What a way to get 2008 started with world-class golf, fabulous prizes, post-golf celebration, silent and live auctions, spectacular entertainment, and raising funds to help children with special needs!”

-Clay Aiken

It's a TBAF fundraiser. I'd be surprised if he weren't there in some form or fashion.

Poker is a big deal I guess...it's all over my sports channels when I'm actually looking for you know...sports? So I guess there's an audience for that..but yeah...online only? I wouldn't bid on it. I hope someone does though!

Totally OT, but sooper-sekrit insider information.

I was talking to someone from Hunt Vineyards and she said that their ice wine is very good and in good supply this year.

Oooooo - some eHP folks are gonna be knocking on your door. :cryingwlaughter:

Here is the link to the registration page at BAF. They do ask for your USGA Handicap, as ldyjocelyn has already said. As I understand it, this is what that means. Members of golf courses pay a yearly fee to the course, to have them register their scores with the USGA. It keeps track of the golfers scores for each game and assigns them a handicap. So if you have not been registered with them, I don't know if you would be allowed to register for this tournament. According to husband most tournaments require you to have a USGA Handicap Index. The reason being is so that they can match up the players with people of equal skill.

ETA: Forgot to say that my husband does have a USGA Handicap. If he was not sick, I would of made him join this so, that I could attend the after party. Of course he would of just been a $500.00 sponser for one player.

https://store.bubelaiken.org/apps/golf.aspx

Here is the link to the registration page at BAF. They do ask for your USGA Handicap, as ldyjocelyn has already said. As I understand it, this is what that means. Members of golf courses pay a yearly fee to the course, to have them register their handicaps with the USGA. It keeps track of the golfers scores for each game and assigns them a handicap. So if you have not been registered with them, I don't know if you would be allowed to register for this tournament. According to husband most tournaments require you to have a USGA Handicap Index. The reason being is so that they can match up the players with people of equal skill.

ETA: Forgot to say that my husband does have a USGA Handicap. If he was not sick, I would of made him join this so, that I could attend the after party. Of course he would of just been a $500.00 sponser for one player.

https://store.bubelaiken.org/apps/golf.aspx

I still doubt that you wouldn't be able to enter without a registered handicap. Perhaps they ask for that info for prizes. In any tournament I ever played in, if you didn't have a handicap, all it meant is that you were counted as scratch golfer (thus at a disadvantage) as far as any scoring prizes went. When the event was first announced, Aron sent out emails encouraging us to get our friends/family/signifigant others involved, even as a gift. I doubt they would do that if it was for USGA golfers only.

As far as Clay being there - if you listen to the video on the main page of the fundraiser, Wayne Player says that Clay will be 'entertaining' them after the tournament. So yeah, I'd say he's gonna be there.

Video is on this page

Yes, sometimes, they might allow you to register and assign you a handicap, hubby said. It doesn't matter to me, who they let in, really. I just hope the tournament is not going to be open to any Tom, Dick, or Harry, who can come up with the registration money. I would hate for fans to sign up for this, unless they really can play decent golf, just to get next to Clay. I would like for people to look at this as a professional, classy fund raiser for Clay. Golfers take the sport of golf seriously. I'd hate for fans to fill up the place and embarrass Clay. Not to say all fans would, but I hope you know what I mean. Have a good evening girls.