#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

Good Morning All,

4 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

15 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Sure, a lot of us laughed at her in May when she opened her eyes really wide, blinked innocently, and assured us that really, Minnesota isn't that cold in December. Yet there we were freezing our asses off 7 months later. They did have lots of cute guys there and we found the best restaurant called Hell's Kitchen so I guess she was right. This time.

Let's see how long it takes for her to post something about Clio and then I'll remind her about Pensacola

But...but...but I was very well-behaved in Minnesota! Didn't breathe a word of "Best Buy" or "Circuit City" at all, even after <someone> dropped the HD camcorder's backup battery somewhere in Orchestra Hall. And Michigan was a lot colder than Minnesota -- KAndre actually exposed some skin to the elements. Didn't say 'Clio' until Merrillville. Didn't mention that couchie left the hat that playbiller brought all the way from NJ to Vegas... back home. Didn't even ask to go the *sniff* rides at the Mall of America. Didn't hog the strawberries at The Melting Pot (pineapples yes, but not the strawberries). And... Oh admit it, we had lots of fun, despite the bout of food poisoning (See, did any of you get food poisoning at White Castle?!! And you take me to the News Room with the bar with lots of creepy, ok good-looking but creepy, guys and what do xena, PerusingOne and I end up with?). Awww, we'd do it again in a heartbeat. Today if possible. You all miss the cute guy as much as I do. I know you do! Life is so much better when we end a year with a Clearwater concert. Is it really two whole weeks until Spamalot?

I'll try to make dinner with Muski and the gang but Asian New Year is the following Thursday and my mom usually has me running around for days beforehand so I can't commit to anything yet.

<snip>

:hugs-1: everyone!!! Even if you haven't been having a difficult time, you never know when you'll need one.

Thanks! We'll need that if you don't come -- so come!!! We'll help cover for you, making all the appropriate noises when you're on the phone and all!

I could care less about golf, but Florida sounds good right now. It's a toasty 12° with a windchill of 2° this evening. 10.gif
It's not exactly warm here either. It's 46° right now in Miami with a windchill of 39°. We may dip into the 30s tonight. It's cold. BRRRRR.

It's in the 30's over here too. I'm bundling up and pretending I'm back in Merrillville again...

The eHP get-together sounds like a great partay! Muski, you'd better be careful about those sporks, though. Ya never know what they might hide in their purses for unsuspecting souls.
Radio Shack does not carry sporks... yet. *giggle*

Nice pic though! Thanks, Gibby!

Scarlett, your hat lives! heee.

I fell asleep sitting up on the couch last night and can't believe I just slept all night. Normally I'm up at least twice.

Good morning FCA. So has anyone figured out how to mortgage any and all futures for yourself and your family to bid on the dinner with Clay? Not yet? LOL

rohdy, thanks for sharing that with us, and that you for all your hard work with that project.

I'm so glad more than a few of us were able to help this school system!

Crap! Top of the page! I'm cursed....

Good morning FCA. So has anyone figured out how to mortgage any and all futures for yourself and your family to bid on the dinner with Clay? Not yet? LOL

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to figure out how to do this in order to pay a vet bill. Gotta take a sick kitty to the vet on my lunch hour today. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. :idk:

A small Birthday books update has been placed in the book list thread, here...

Update

Thank You... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Rohdy

Awww, that made me very schmoopie. :wub: The book drive was so much fun & so much good is coming from it. Thanks, rohdy!

Back to work. Everyone have a great day!

rohdy, that is SOOOOOO very wonderful!

Gibby, I love that picture, too. Very Cary Grant-ish, don't you think? *sa-woooooon*

We're basking in 52 degrees at 7:30 this morning! :imgtongue: But if it makes any of you feel better, we're supposed to be inundated soon with gale force winds and mucho inches of rain--tomorrow, I believe. Meanwhile Lake Tahoe and the mountains around it are hoping for a HUGE snowfall---something like 10-12 inches in the highest elevations, I think I heard on the news!

eHP---you might as well leave your sporks and Radio Shack arsenal and any other weapons of mass mania at home. I come in peace. :whistling-1:

Trust me, not paying the ver bill will not help - When my dog got hit by the car it was just under 1000 to fix her back up and years ago, when the other dog was humped by a 200 pounder and had her back legs broken, it was only 4000 and 4 surgeries and 1 year in casts to fix her up, so I don't think the vet bill is going to do it. I think it is going to go for over 10K.

The sun is shining, but it is in the teens, can I really make it outside???? Even the dog didn't want to stay out too long.

5 more days until more Clay news for sure.

Scarlett, your hat lives! heee.

I fell asleep sitting up on the couch last night and can't believe I just slept all night. Normally I'm up at least twice.

Ah, but you have such a comfy couch! Hey - is that why you named yourself couch tomato??

Cold here too. I think it was not quite 20 when I left my house this morning - and windy! Yet they're talking near 60 by Monday! Crazy weather.

My head hurts and I'm tired. Why do I have to work????? Its not like I can afford dinner with Clay anyway! :cry4:

ah, now I remember...the only thing I didn't like about riding the bus -- I have this face that says..yes, tell me your life story, I'm listening. On the good news front I managed to read 11 pages of a book - that's more than I've read since oh about 2003. I forgot how fun it was.

Rhody, thanks for the update. I'm so happy to see how well that gift of love turned out. Have a good day everybody.

ah, now I remember...the only thing I didn't like about riding the bus -- I have this face that says..yes, tell me your life story, I'm listening.
Bwah! Hey, I ride the bus twice every work day and I am ALWAYS carrying a big ole novel with me. As SOON as I sit down I open that sucker and bury my nose in it, sending a CLEAR message to

LEAVE ME ALONE! :cryingwlaughter:

I actually enjoy my bus rides for the most part. It's a time to myself and a chance to shift gears between my work persona and my real life...AND I'm reading the sixth and last in a series of a TERRIFIC story. Each book is about 900 or so pages, but I'm sailing through each one and dreading the end of them all....great, great story and writing. I'm in LUST with the main male character (in fact, many times he reminds me of a certain red-headed singer man :hubbahubba: )...and enthralled by the concept and unfolding of the tale. Super stuff... author, Diana Gabaldon---the Outlander series.

Now....I wish you all a great day! Gonna put on my 'office' hat now... :cry4:

Those bookplates are sa-weet, rohdy...how wonderful it must feel for you, to have played such a pivotal role in such a worthwhile project. That's great to see!

eHP, I have told hubby about Feb 4th and I think I can make it. Look forward to seeing everyone. :)

Apropos of nothing, I am spending the morning watching "The Last Legion" with Colin Firth and Ben Kingsley. Not sure yet whether it's a "good movie" or not, but the sets and costumes are fabulous...and Colin Firth, well, Colin is yum. 'Specially in a skirt. heh Also, Ben Kingsley is a sexy beast. Aishwarya Rai kicks butt and looks gorgeous doing it. If only I could look so good while sorting laundry! There's a funny scene where she dispatches a horde of Goth warriors so expertly that Colin's Roman soldiers can only stand and watch...and when it comes time to go into a building, one of the hot young soldiers opens the door for her and semi-sarcastically gestures "ladies first" for her to enter. As the other soldiers follow her inside, a couple of them smack the youngster upside the head for his arrogance. heh

This movie is an example of a promising big budget movie that didn't get promoted...For what it's worth, I think the boy playing Romulus, boy ruler, is a much better actor than the wooden young Anakin Skywalker. Oh, no wonder! I knew he looked familiar...he is Thomas Sangster, from Nanny McPhee days. Cool. The thing that keeps making me laugh inappropriately in this movie is the villain's name, which is spelled Odoacer. The way they pronounce it makes it sound like "Oh, de whacker". hee

Speaking of guards and soldiers, etc, I watched all the Spamalot clips on Youtube yesterday, one after the other (I also converted them to wmv files, if anyone feels like stitching them all together for me...heh) and just grinned my fool head off, imagining Clay in those roles, saying those lines, singing, and dancing. If he plays all the parts that David Hyde Pierce did, he will be onstage a LOT, y'all. I happened to run across some idiots clucking over and criticizing Clay's casting, back when it was announced, and could not believe the outright viciousness of some (well, I should believe it by now, but the bizarre level of hate still boggles the mind). Part of that venom has to be, HAS TO BE, springing from envy...because the role is such a PLUM! My delight increased with every scene "Sir Robin" appeared in. I have little hope of seeing Spamalot for myself, but at least now when the recaps come in, I will have an idea of what the recappers mean by such-and-such a scene. I just know he's going to do great.

*sigh* I still need to write a recap of DC...waves to Karma4Clay, my great roomie, in the meantime.

He Blogged!!! :cryingwlaughter:

(does one sentence a blog make??) :imgtongue:

Hey, combined with the blog header and the mood indicator, I think Clay told us a bunch in a very few words.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to you, Clay!

Hee! I *heart* him.

heblogged2.jpg

I don't have time today, but we definitely NEED to add this emoticon to our list!

As for his one sentence blog -- I love it. Frustration, tiredness, and probably excitement, all rolled up in one neat little package. I love him so very much.

I took someone else's emotiguy and changed the text to red! Glad you like him!

Re: Clay -

He let us know he's working his cute tushy off and he let us know he has started rehearsals!

In less than a dozen words!

:wub:B)

Ain't he CUTE?!

Heh, I know how he feels sometimes. I always started new projects with a feeling of impending disaster, untilthe first day or so passed and I actually knew what I was doing.

Well, who fills up our PM boxes so fast - I was late to the blog emptying mine out.

I took someone else's emotiguy and changed the text to red! Glad you like him!

Re: Clay -

He let us know he's working his cute tushy off and he let us know he has started rehearsals!

In less than a dozen words!

:wub:B)

Ain't he CUTE?!

Yup! he is!!! loved it, cracked me up...sure wish I was a fly on the wall......