#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

Well, I think it's funny. Maybe I'm dense but frankly I don't know how this could become a harmful story for Clay. And even if I had the foresight to think of what it could be, I'd hate to think we can't laugh cuz of what might happen. Too bad she wasn't gun totin' granny..that would have been even funnier.

I do think it's funny, too, but what bothers me is that some people seem to WANT this to become Clay-related news, and you know how that goes, where there's a will there's a way.....I just don't see the point. It's funny to us, but the rest of the world? Probably not so much.

jamar - :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Clay-related news I'd actually like to see: An interview with Diane at Good Morning America and / or Matt 'n Meridieth at the Today show about UNICEF and Mexico, with maybe a substantial side of Spam.

Another Crazy Claymate story? Eh, not so much....

Well, I think it's funny. Maybe I'm dense but frankly I don't know how this could become a harmful story for Clay. And even if I had the foresight to think of what it could be, I'd hate to think we can't laugh cuz of what might happen. Too bad she wasn't gun totin' granny..that would have been even funnier.

I do think it's funny, too, but what bothers me is that some people seem to WANT this to become Clay-related news, and you know how that goes, where there's a will there's a way.....I just don't see the point. It's funny to us, but the rest of the world? Probably not so much.

jamar - :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yep - that's what I was trying to say. Thanks!

Skits? Somehow for me, impersonating Clay on the internet isn't quite so funny any more. Meh. Now that I can picture showing up elsewhere.

luckiest1, I must have headed for bed just as you posted about your week last night. (((((((((((((luckiest1andluckiestsons!!!))))))))))

Crappy that someone wasn't honest enough to return even SOME of the money, but good that he got his cards and ID back. After having mine stolen in Philly last year at the beginning of the SRAHP, I can tell ya that ain't fun to get that all fixed!

I still hope that the guy that stole mine, including my airmiles card, is somewhere adding airmiles to it though. :imgtongue:

Claynation felon? I think it's a hoot! I AM a bit braced for what the sooper-sekrit "motive" that the police won't talk about is, though....

Good Morning Everyone,

3 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

14 Days! Two Weeks! Until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Yep, she parodies Clay's blogs. Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure lots find them funny.

Oh good. I thought I was the only one. The skits in general are just not my thing at. all.

So I scroll. *g*

-----

TGIF! :clap: Not a moment too soon!

Oh goody more scrollers. I never read any skits, or certain people's blog, either.

Speaking of WFI. I was at Wally World yesterday. They have their Christmas stuff at 75% off. They have a neat thing for Christmas paper and I bought two of them for $1.20 each. It is a long container with a roll of Christmas paper in it. Like aluminum foil, it has one of those edges that you can tear off your wrapping paper the length you want, instead of using scissors, and it gives you that nice even edge. It is reusable, so when the roll of paper is gone, that came with the box, you can just put in another roll. I think this would be great for the people who are WFI. I may see if there are any left next time I go, and pick up a few more for some of my friends. I also found at dollar general yesterday, an 8 foot inflatable penguin for $10.00. That was just 50% off to. There were several left so I am going back every day until they get 75% off and buy what's left for other people. There is a store within walking distance to my house. I loves outdoor Christmas things. I'm just like a kid at Christmas time.

Yep, she parodies Clay's blogs. Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure lots find them funny.

Oh good. I thought I was the only one. The skits in general are just not my thing at. all.

So I scroll. *g*

-----

TGIF! :clap: Not a moment too soon!

Thought I was the only one that did that......

I am in the middle, I guess - I read some skits until I get to any insults to Clay's family or friends, then I stop and go to the next post. If I find that anybody's skits are predictably insulting, I just skip them altogether. If Clay is usually portrayed as a bumpkin, I don't find it particularly interesting, it doesn't jibe with my concept of Clay, so I skip those too. Also learned VERY quickly (heee - first time, actually) not to click on blog links. I make no exceptions there.

I do find some skits funny, tho!

I am QUITE sure someone has already supplied Kimmel with the bank robber info - and credit will be taken if the info shows up on his show. Because of course Jimmy and his people never check the web or news for grist.

I'm sorta with djs - my main requirement is that they are funny. I don't like bumpkin Clay (especially if he's the only one with a Foghorn Leghorn - you know, that giant rooster? - accent - because at least in my opinion they don't come close to getting it right). I find some blogs (especially the self-depreciating ones and OTT ones) funny. I admit, I draw a fine line but it's there.

I also admit to laughing my ass off at the Clay bank robber, pardon me, alleged bank robber. If I start seeing Baby Phat t-shirts with a Clay theme, I will know my man is beyond street...I just know she would put him in the "Golddigger" collection...

Skits: Some I find funny, others not so much...it really is a crapshoot. I am not much of a blog reader; just don't have time and find some to be rather self-serving.

Luckiest1 Sorry for all the troubles your boys are having, hope things look up soon.

Kim

Since I've always read the bulk of my clay boards from work I've gotten into the habit of skipping anything long right from the beginning as I searched for Clay news. But as someone who wrote a blog for a year, I appreciate the efforts. It's so not easy to do - to find inspiration or to just be good all the time. Looking back, I was the queen of sap sap sap so I'm sure peole went..damn I have a toothache after reading that.

I truly hate to leave the house today...

{{{{Luckiest&sons}}}}

Here's hoping that the coming week will be better for you!

Well, I have the day off today, but here's what I'll be doing - taking DD#1 to the chiropractor, dentist and orthodontist, and taking DD#2's pet to the vet. Her pet is a bearded dragon, and he had an abcessed inner ear. It's the last day of Christmas break for my daughters, so I want to finish up these appointments before school starts again. It's much easier taking them to appointments when they don't have school, although this many appointments in a day won't be all that fun!

Clay content? He's seriously hawt.

aclaymm10.jpg

2006_AMA11.jpg

jeans.jpg

186441439-O.jpg

clay015-2.jpg

Beware Sometimes Skit Writer Ahead:

As one who writes those things, I have to say, some I find funny, some I don't...even my own. (well, I thought they were funny when I wrote them, but some just don't stand the test of time) I read the skits of others as I hope people would give mine a chance as well. There are some people I've learned to scroll away for the most part though. For me, I guess it's what you, yourself find humor in. I pretty much find life funny in general, so I tolerate a lot of different jokes. I usually don't do mean though, and that includes mean spirited jokes towards others as well as Clay, but sarcasm is a fine line to walk. It's easy to fall off one way or the other.

As for scrolling past posters in general, or ignoring some, or blocking...I never to do that. I figure if I only wanted to hear what I have to say, or what I agree with, I'd simply sit here talking to myself. As much as some things might irritate me, or make me go, 'wtf?' I figure there are far more posts out there that I learn from, or grow from, and I figure that can't be bad.

Gibby, thank you for posting that AMA shot. That is a thing of beauty. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

(now I will step away from the computer before I edit this sucker again :imgtongue: )

Life, skits, people, posts - I try to evaluate each on thier own merits. Of course skits are fiction and some people prefer fact to fiction on Clay and that is fine, as well.

I will read until I get to an agenda and then I will scroll. Some skits are laden in agenda, others are people working hard to be entertaining. For some reason, I find Faye a target in many of the skits and that will stop me reading, I feel non-celebrities should not be targets, even if we see them all the time - JMO - crossing my line.

As to blogs - just as there are some I will never visit, others I try and read because they are interesting and damn good.

There is Aspiegirl's blog at the OFC where she politely answers questions and shares opinions and a certain Carolina person who works damn hard on their blog and each is a thing of beauty. If I see a name I recognize on a blog list that I like, the rare times I am at the OFC, I go visit. If I have anything to say, I will leave a comment, otherwise I selfishly read and leave without saying anything. I think I have to set up a friend's list so I can visit blogs when the people are not on the new blog list.

(((lucky and luckiest sons)))

I see skits and parody blogs to be very similar to political cartoons. They can be great and funny if you agree with the sentiment. But when they seem to be making fun of people you know, yourself and/or people you care for or admire like Clay...the content can actually make you mad or upset. I guess that is the point of some of them. You want to make a commentary on behavior and get reactions from the readers. Same thing with blogs. There are blogs that are simply meant to be the creators way of self expression. There are blogs that are there for self promotion, others have an agenda and others are there to get hits so they may say things that are meant to anger people and get people to comment. At this point I am pretty familiar with most skit and blog writers and know who to avoid.

I do appreciate the courage it takes to put ones creative efforts in public to be judged. I applaud anybody that does make the attempt. But not everyone will enjoy your work and getting negative reaction is part of the process of artistic expression.

There is Aspiegirl's blog at the OFC where she politely answers questions and shares opinions and a certain Carolina person who works damn hard on their blog and each is a thing of beauty. If I see a name I recognize on a blog list that I like, the rare times I am at the OFC, I go visit. If I have anything to say, I will leave a comment, otherwise I selfishly read and leave without saying anything. I think I have to set up a friend's list so I can visit blogs when the people are not on the new blog list.

So I've heard there are blogs at OFC LOL.

But Play I agree feedback is a good thing. Let's people know they are read and appreciated. I know I don't tell Caro enough how much I enjoy her blogs. I feel the same way about fan fiction writers. I don't read a lot of it but when I enjoy it I try to let them know. One of the skits type things that I really loved and really miss is when Spotlightlover used to do this fast forward commentary on how we as fans were responding to things. I thought it was hysterical. I miss laughing at me and this obsession hobby I have. Well I still laugh at me, every day when I look at my Clay Aiken budget line/wish list.

UH oh..guess what, speaking of budget line...mom wants to come to NYC with me. She'd spend most of her time doing her own thing but I find that somehow scary. It's like yeah they know I'm crazy about Clay and all that but they don't really know, you know? heee. I feel like I did when I left a set of Atlantic City concert tickets sitting at home somewhere in one of my email boxes and my sister had to go rummaging through my clay life to find them. It's one thing for her to know I spend 2 hours a day to something Clay related -- quite another to have her going through Clayversity PM box, CH PM box, not there? ok try Yahoo account... oh nothing just my Clay yahoo alerts and just in case they miss something my google clay alerts... ahem still not there, yeah can you go into my outlook? Jesus. But she found them heh.

My pants are soaked and I am soaked to the bone. Maybe I'll be dried out by noon.

Clay content...? I think Clay Aiken is an artist in the truest sense. I think he sings to please himself first and that is why he is always surprised that we love what he does so much. And I think that is also why the negative stuff doesn't make him walk away.

Laughn, this is interesting. I've never thought of it this way before. I remember when I was in college and I finally got around to writing for the school paper and really getting into the "art" of journalism and how upset I was to feel that it was all just formula IMO. And the kind of writing I enjoyed wasn't THIS. It was not a happy moment for me. And I think you're right. Part of it was that I wanted to really put my stamp on things and show my creativity and it was more "just the facts ma'am." Heee even when I was writing the little anniversary write ups and stuff for a local paper I'd want to really capture the love story and then it would get all edited to this formula. That's why I'm an accountant. hee.

Curious to what other artists think, whether it's writing, making montages or banners or drawing. KAndre I thing you are a master at telling a story.

But not everyone will enjoy your work and getting negative reaction is part of the process of artistic expression.

Yep. I think any artist, writer, sculptor, dancer, etc., creates for themselves first. If people love and compliment, and better yet, buy their work, whoo-hoo, they are pleased. But the work, for the most part...unless you're a month behind in your rent at the moment, wasn't created solely with profit in mind. Negative remarks are just the other side of the coin. In the end, I think an artist creates for himself. (selfish little twits are we)

Clay content...? I think Clay Aiken is an artist in the truest sense. I think he sings and entertains to please himself first and that is why he is always surprised that we love what he does so much. And I think that is also why the negative stuff doesn't make him walk away.

Couchie, I edited my post to add, 'sings and entertains', because I think he sees himself as an entertainer as much as he sees himself a singer...and I did a little bit of work on a school paper myself so I know what you mean. I ended up drawing the political cartoons.

OOOH! Interesting discussion for a rainy, windy morning! Skits? I kinda like some; some not so much. Deep, huh? :cryingwlaughter:

As a 'writer' of sorts, I DO want the readers to comment, but I can't bitch too much if they don't since sometimes I read stuff and don't comment. Sometimes I don't comment because what I read didn't get any kind of rise out of me---a laugh, anger, a tear, or any notable emotional response---so I'm not quite sure what to say. Now if something about the content or writing grabs me, whether in terms of WHAT the person said or HOW the writer expressed it, I'm likely to comment to let the author know that in some way or another she was successful in 'reaching' me.

I'm not much for phonetic spelling, though. Not the extreme kind, at least. I know that in my stories I spell some words without the 'g' at the end---you know, like "I'm goin' and there ain't nothin' you can say to stop me!" But I do that because when I READ "I'm going and there's nothing you can do to stop me!", I HEAR something different and I don't WANT what I'm hearing at that point coming from that character....

Did that make any sense? :blink:

Anyhoo...lousy weather day here---as Couchie has mentioned already. I'm going in a little late to work this morning---a couple of things here at the house I'm tending to first. If I'm lucky, maybe at least the wind will subside somewhat. I don't even OWN a raincoat! Just windbreaker jackets with a softball team's name on the back. And although that's fine for the upper body, it doesn't do much for the butt and legs! :imgtongue:

Soooooo....did Kimmel say anything about the alleged bank robber thingy? :lmaosmiley-1: :whistling-1:

Well, if it is any comfort the westerners - your weather is national news. Equal to the Britney coverage in the NYT.

I have to get off my but and do something this morning 0 I think I am off to spend my Home Depot gift card on weather insulation for the house. Then I am going to make a list of things to do day by day so I get it done!

On the list - play Clay while you work and turn of the trashy TV.

Laughn, this is interesting. I've never thought of it this way before. I remember when I was in college and I finally got around to writing for the school paper and really getting into the "art" of journalism and how upset I was to feel that it was all just formula IMO. And the kind of writing I enjoyed wasn't THIS. It was not a happy moment for me. And I think you're right. Part of it was that I wanted to really put my stamp on things and show my creativity and it was more "just the facts ma'am." Heee even when I was writing the little anniversary write ups and stuff for a local paper I'd want to really capture the love story and then it would get all edited to this formula. That's why I'm an accountant. hee.

Curious to what other artists think, whether it's writing, making montages or banners or drawing. KAndre I thing you are a master at telling a story.

Yep. I think any artist, writer, sculptor, dancer, etc., creates for themselves first. If people love and compliment, and better yet, buy their work, whoo-hoo, they are pleased. But the work, for the most part...unless you're a month behind in your rent at the moment, wasn't created solely with profit in mind. Negative remarks are just the other side of the coin. In the end, I think an artist creates for himself. (selfish little twits are we)

I have to agree with you Couchie & laughn. I always - ALWAYS - wanted to grow up and have a career in art. I love creating! But I couldn't stand it when I got to later art courses where we had to do certain projects and they had to be done a certain way and we could only use certain techniques. Where's the creativity in that? Yeah, I didn't do so well in those classes. Especially the one where we had to pair off as an artist and a client wanting an ad campaign. Hee! I finally decided I could never really be an artist because I didn't want to be a "starving artist". [small voice]Although, since I need to lose weight, maybe I should reconsider.....[/small voice] :unsure:

No doubt that Clay is an artist. I love that he puts together these themes for his tours and has his ideas for how he wants things done. Not everyone is going to like everything, no, but having the guts to put it out there like that - I love him for it! I think it gives us real insight to him and I think it's a great way to see him grow as an artist - there's so much to look forward to!

Wow, so much to comment on this morning!

annabear, I forgot to comment about your vet woes yesterday. Please give you kitty a great big hug from me!

luckiest1, I'm sorry to hear about both your son's predicaments. Hope everything turns out better and SOON!

Wonder what Clay has to say about this? :lilredani:

I personally like to think that he's laughing his head off about it (if he's even seen the thing). He seems to have such a good sense of humor about so many things....

I think the first part of your paragraph is true, that there are fans who are itching for this story to travel further than it seems to have. But honestly -- I think most of the rest of the world probably has no CLUE about this. And for those that have seen it -- I'm sure that some will find it funny; some will find some way to twist it into hater material; and some will shrug it off. And, IMO...I just can't care about that anymore. There's always going to be something with these kinds of things, and while I don't want things made bigger by some "well meaning" fans, unfortunately, it just happens. luckiest1, maybe I'm reading more into this than you originally meant, but it's how I feel.

I'm sorta with djs - my main requirement is that they are funny. I don't like bumpkin Clay (especially if he's the only one with a Foghorn Leghorn - you know, that giant rooster? - accent - because at least in my opinion they don't come close to getting it right). I find some blogs (especially the self-depreciating ones and OTT ones) funny. I admit, I draw a fine line but it's there.

Yep -- this is me too, although I do have to admit that this line is different for every single one of us, and that's where conflict comes in sometimes. I also find that I will try a blog or skit writer and find they are not for me at the moment. But I will honestly go back to them once in a while to see if their style has changed, into something I find more agreeable to me. But then, I also do agree with laughn here:

As for scrolling past posters in general, or ignoring some, or blocking...I never to do that. I figure if I only wanted to hear what I have to say, or what I agree with, I'd simply sit here talking to myself. As much as some things might irritate me, or make me go, 'wtf?' I figure there are far more posts out there that I learn from, or grow from, and I figure that can't be bad.

Yes, sometimes it takes reading the uncomfortable stuff for me that every once in a while, a nugget of "truth" ("truth" being in quotes because again, everyone will see that differently) will come through from a particular poster than I never agreed with in the past. Having said that, I do stick with just a few different boards, because I've found other places would make my blood pressure rise while reading, and I don't want to start that kind of medicine.

I see skits and parody blogs to be very similar to political cartoons. They can be great and funny if you agree with the sentiment. But when they seem to be making fun of people you know, yourself and/or people you care for or admire like Clay...the content can actually make you mad or upset. <snip>

I do appreciate the courage it takes to put ones creative efforts in public to be judged. I applaud anybody that does make the attempt. But not everyone will enjoy your work and getting negative reaction is part of the process of artistic expression.

BRAVO! Great analogy with the political cartoons. And as for the "negative" reaction part -- well, that's why I didn't go into music for a career, I don't think I could have taken the criticism (although, maybe after a time, I would have gotten used to it. But it's too late now....)

Clay content...? I think Clay Aiken is an artist in the truest sense. I think he sings and entertains to please himself first and that is why he is always surprised that we love what he does so much. And I think that is also why the negative stuff doesn't make him walk away.

Couchie, I edited my post to add, 'sings and entertains', because I think he sees himself as an entertainer as much as he sees himself a singer...and I did a little bit of work on a school paper myself so I know what you mean. I ended up drawing the political cartoons.

laughn, I loved this post. And I totally agree -- I think negative reviews are water rolling off his back to him, even if he doesn't deserve them.

No doubt that Clay is an artist. I love that he puts together these themes for his tours and has his ideas for how he wants things done. Not everyone is going to like everything, no, but having the guts to put it out there like that - I love him for it! I think it gives us real insight to him and I think it's a great way to see him grow as an artist - there's so much to look forward to!

annabear, I love this too! I look forward to everything he does, whether I like it or not.

Oh I so agree with this. That's why I always say I'm on this journey with Clay. As he discovers himself, I rediscover him every time. To grow you have to risk putting it out there. I think you learn to trust your instincts. You learn what works and what doesn't. You find out what people respond to. Without JNT05 would we have gotten Lover All Alone etc. I learn so much from him through his tours and interviews. I still say he has this old fashioned sensibilitiy and would have really kicked ass in another era. But I love that he remains true to himself as he forges ahead in this modern day. And I feel really lucky to be in on this whole thing from the beginning.