#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

And when some fans/people do become authurs, they usally take thier fanfic of the internet, for reasons that i do not know.

Some fans have become authors? Writing FAN FIC??????? In THAT case: It was a cold and dreary night, and Clay was........

And when some fans/people do become authurs, they usally take thier fanfic of the internet, for reasons that i do not know.

Some fans have become authors? Writing FAN FIC??????? In THAT case: It was a cold and dreary night, and Clay was........

:cryingwlaughter: I meant, that people, (i accually added the fans part at the last minute, god i am stupid) a favorate take thier fan ficfiction offline for reasons i do not know, and i wanna follow the same thing. I also wanna be come a movie maker and i just wanna make a movie about my story but change Clay's name and american idol.

Oh my god, I'm delurking! It's finally happening.

Cool! Glad to see you joining us!

UNICEF Fieldnotes: Clay Aiken's Mexico visit and appeal a success

Congratulations to everyone who participated in UNICEF Ambassador Clay Aiken's holiday challenge--once again you have amazed us and surpassed our goal of raising $100,000 to help the children of Mexico. Thank you so much for sharing the true spirit of the holiday season with children who need it the most.

We're putting together Clay's Mexico Holiday Photo Album now -- in the meantime, here is one photograph we wanted to share with you to start off the New Year -- faces of two of the people your generous gifts are going to help.

mex2DSC01060.jpg

From all of us here at UNICEF, a great big thank you and best wishes to you and your loved ones for the happiest of new years!

This is one of those times where I'm proud to be part of the Clay Nation!

There is Aspiegirl's blog at the OFC where she politely answers questions and shares opinions and a certain Carolina person who works damn hard on their blog and each is a thing of beauty. If I see a name I recognize on a blog list that I like, the rare times I am at the OFC, I go visit. If I have anything to say, I will leave a comment, otherwise I selfishly read and leave without saying anything. I think I have to set up a friend's list so I can visit blogs when the people are not on the new blog list.

So I've heard there are blogs at OFC LOL.

But Play I agree feedback is a good thing. Let's people know they are read and appreciated. I know I don't tell Caro enough how much I enjoy her blogs.

Curious to what other artists think, whether it's writing, making montages or banners or drawing. KAndre I thing you are a master at telling a story.

Thank you, Play and Couchie. I'll be sure to tell Aspiegirl she should come read the FCA thread today. If you ever come across her replies to those who have asked for knowledge, advice, her experiece, etc., about autistm, she freely shares to the tune of writing another blog within a comment. :)

Personally, I write -- or play music -- as a creative outlet for myself first. If others like what I write or play, that's awesome. Feedback is always appreciated -- **thnx, Cindilu2** -- and it is great when readers "get it" or realize the thought/time that goes into an entry.

Since July 2006, I have transferred the very same journal to Carolina On My Mind. In 171 entries on Blogspot, there have been a grand total of 30 comments. :lol:

For grins, in December I added a map that picks up the location of hits or reads. Just yesterday, a geography professor analyzed the findings; and there are a total of 29 countries from all continents represented. I'm glad people all around the globe are reading about Clay.

WE HAVE PROOF(s)

:cryingwlaughter: No, not of intelligent life in the universe, but of the Spam pins. Check it out! Couchie will be putting up an order form in the next day or two. Stay tuned!!!

They're, dare I say, SPAMTASTIC! :clap:

Dang, I wish I had said that! Great word, Bottlecap, and kewl pins, Cindilu2! :clap:

Let me know if you want orders from outside FCA. I can include a blurb in a certain blog or two. :lol:

Have a great weekend, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro listen.gif

Yep. Very much agree. <3 Clay Nation to me is like family. You love them at times, sometimes you hate, sometimes you hurt, sometimes you laugh...and we all have the crazy aunts, so I don't even have to go there, but all in all, we can also take a moment to be proud of something fine. I think, for the most part, together we all do make a lovely whole.

Yep. Very much agree. <3 Clay Nation to me is like family. You love them at times, sometimes you hate, sometimes you hurt, sometimes you laugh...and we all have the crazy aunts, so I don't even have to go there, but all in all, we can also take a moment to be proud of something fine. I think, for the most part, together we all do make a lovely whole.

I have to agree with this. I think the majority of the fans are good folks and then there are those who need to be noticed.

I am not into fan fic at all. I have so many books here that I haven't read yet so if I'm going to do some reading of fiction, I've got a nice pile by my easy chair. I do enjoy some of the blogs but the ones that bring up all the crappola make me gag. I think that when the heavy blogging began, there was a good purpose and it did some good. Sometimes I contribute with astrology which is my passion. I seldom if ever read the OFC blogs, only Clay's. As for skits, I have chuckled at a few but I am not into the one's that depict Clay as someone that he is not. I do find anything that makes light of the obsessions of fans funny as long as it is done in good humor and not maliciously. I think it is very important that we can laugh at ourselves and keep it all in perspective. I got into this fandom for the joy and celebration of a mighty fine man. There have been some really rough spots but all in all, well....ALL IS WELL!

Thanks for this...I have to agree. I have come to terms with the fans that I do not agree with. They are part of the tapestry that makes this fandom soooo colorful. In the whole....we do make a lovely and vibrant picture.

cindi...great pins!!!

Wanda... I LOVED your skit! :cryingwlaughter:

I love the discussions we have here. I've mostly been trying to catch up lately, but I've nodded my head many times the last few days. You guys are interesting! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Laughter is very healing. Last night I was reading the funny comments at CH about the bank robber and laughing out loud at some of them, then they brought in a news item from England about someone using their aunt's knickers to put out a grease fire and I laughed louder and harder than I ever have in my life. I woke up this morning feeling better than I have in ages (sinus problems).

Laughn... I love your Mornings with Clay skits. They are VERY funny and they brought me here, so I will always have a soft spot for them. Thanks!

muski... you know I have loved every word you have written in fiction and in story-telling.

I have read a fair amount of fanfic and have enjoyed most of it. The best makes you forget the characters aren't real.

I wish I had the ability to write/do art/etc. I have an average amount of creativity but nothing extra. My best creativity seems to be at work, where I can take raw data or a pounded together proposal and make a thing of beauty out of it. LOL Oh, well... those who are very creative need people who appreciate their efforts and that's my job, apparently! :cryingwlaughter:

cindilu... love both pins and will order both, but I like A the best! Great work!

luckiest... what a time you had with your sons... wow! Hope all is well now!

Want to add a picture, since we haven't had one in a bit... S.W.O.O.N.!!!

gahahahah.jpg

Cool! Glad to see you joining us!

Congratulations to everyone who participated in UNICEF Ambassador Clay Aiken's holiday challenge--once again you have amazed us and surpassed our goal of raising $100,000 to help the children of Mexico. Thank you so much for sharing the true spirit of the holiday season with children who need it the most.

We're putting together Clay's Mexico Holiday Photo Album now -- in the meantime, here is one photograph we wanted to share with you to start off the New Year -- faces of two of the people your generous gifts are going to help.

mex2DSC01060.jpg

From all of us here at UNICEF, a great big thank you and best wishes to you and your loved ones for the happiest of new years!

Awww!!! This kind of stuff makes me proud too ldyjocelyn.

I never got into reading the fan fic stories of anyone. I don't read romance novels either. Just not my thang. Even though I do come across as a pervy wench. *g* I never read the blogs of anyone at OFC. Nor do I read blogs from "The Haters" or those who use their blogs to go back and forth with "The haters." I have read a few skits. Like others though, I don't like the ones that make fun of or include Clay's mother. Basically I'm mainly interested in real life Clay and what is going on with his career. I like to perv and joke around, but once in awhile I like to discuss things with content, and look for Clay news on the boards. So that is why I never got into reading a lot of fan written things. My comments were not trying to put down those who love to express themselves, and their creativity, with blogs. However, I do agree with whoever said that they find "some" bloggers to be self serving and into it for attention. Creativity is one thing and attention and famewhoring is another. I'm not a fan of the latter. :cryingwlaughter: I must say again that muski's posts always crack me up. So, I can imagine that she is a great writer of fan fic. And I'm sure laughn does great skits, as well as Carolina Clay, couchie and others, do a great blog.

Love the pins cindi. Great job.

I don't think if Kimmel did a bit about Clay and the robber woman, that it would hurt Clay's career. I just think it would be embarrassing for him. To be the recipient of all the jokes and fodder, that will surely come about his fans. They are never represented in a good light. This story just adds fuel to the fire. JMO though. I don't think Clay would be appreciative of his well meaning fans sending it to Kimmel. But as djs has already said, I bet it is a done deal by now.

Laughn... I love your Mornings with Clay skits. They are VERY funny and they brought me here, so I will always have a soft spot for them. Thanks!

wow, and thank you. That is a wonderful compliment. Thank you for my smile.

Wanda, before I forget again I need to tell you that your micro-skit made me snort...and in a good way. hee.

bottlecap, I am the crazy aunt in my family too. :cryingwlaughter: I'd like to think it comes from years of doing family genealogy, but I think the 'crazy' moniker was there prior to that.

...this is one handsome man, isn't it? da-hammm!!!

gahahahah.jpg

eta...

And I'm sure laughn has a wonderful blog as well as Carolina Clay and others.

Nah, Clazorback, I've never blogged, but I think Carolina Clay does do a wonderful job.

Soulsistah I hope you're not taking your skit away because I'm blathering on about my tastes because, what do I know? As an act of solidarity with you creative people out there, I'm submitting my OWN skit.

And one and two and KICK and KICK and turn and Turn and ..... STOP STOP

Someone help Clay up.

From the top, and one and two and KICK....

that, my dear, was bloody awful. heee

SoulSistah said she didn't have time to work on it... I definitely resemble that remark.

That was very BWAH-worthy wanda!!! :cryingwlaughter::clap::cryingwlaughter:

jumpingjacks---yeppers, you DID vent in a pm or two about a character or two! I loved it! :cryingwlaughter:

liney---you're a sweetheart. It's fun to write and then know that people enjoy it.

Clayzorback---

I must say again that muski's posts always crack me up. So, I can imagine that she is a great writer of fan fic.
Glad to be of service and thankya! ;)

(Warning: Long--assed post ahead! Scroll at will! :imgtongue: )

You know, for me the term 'fanfic' is the turnoff. It has a connotation of 'less than' good writing. Thing is that I used to write and then life got in the way. Well, when Clay came into my bed life, suddenly the muse reappeared! My inappropriate lust for the young man had me by the short ones and I just HAD to express....stuff! My first couple of attempts were sooooooo full of SEX! WHich seemed to be what most of the 'fanfic' (which, by the way, I'd never even HEARD of before 2003!) was meant to be about....but I found that I couldn't write JUST about hawt sex. I had to have real characters and create a real story to put the sex in! And then I found that the sex that I DID put in had to MEAN something---not in the sense that every sex scene was between two people madly and deeply in love, but that there was a REASON for the sex to be happening between THOSE people at THAT point in the storyline.

I've perused some fanfic that seems little more to me than one sex scene after another with a few words tossed in between---all either to no end or for all the predictable, trite reasons. I've also read other books, stories that are NOT considered fan fic that accomplish the same thing.

I like a good story. And good writing. And because I have such a 'thing' for this young red-headed singer man, I find that he inspires me in lots of ways---one of them being as a literary muse. Now lately, I haven't felt that muse nudging me to write and I really do miss writing. I'm definitely one of those people who would LOVE to make a living at writing, but--at least now---don't have the focus or determination or 'damn the torpedoes!" mentality to go for it...

And now...for what you've all been waiting for---my report on our clogged patio drain. :cryingwlaughter: Water is now moving in the right direction; that is, it is no longer heading away from the drain and into the garage, but has indeed reversed itself. Actually, I reversed it...by sitting in about four inches of freezing water and pushing that danged snake in and out and in and out (heh) and then getting up and sloshing through the garage to the other end and pulling it in and out and in and out (heh) and then doing the same thing with the water hose going at full force and then...over and over ...and then reaching into the pipe's ends and scooping out dirt and leaves and yucky stuff and scraping my hands and wrists and ....

Then stripping at the doorway, watching a puddle form around my clothes and then hearing Alex screeeeeech and yell, "MOM! Stop! You're taking your clothes off! Stop!" and then laughing when she shot off like a cannon BACK up the stairs to hide her eyes from the sight of her mother mostly naked. :lmaosmiley-1: :cryingwlaughter:

Ah...the little things in life that tickle you, ain't it?

Oh...and those of you who don't usually go for 'fanfic' about Clay...I always suggest that you try reading a story that is light on the graphic stuff (or missing it entirely) but still has a story. Of my own writing, I usually suggest "Only This and Everything"---a very short story, but one of my favorites. It's on CV and EAYOR if you're interested.

Now I'm going to put another log on the fire and read....and pretend that the clothes haven't already been washed, dried, folded and put away.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hee, laughn, I caught that mistake already and edited my post. Sorry. I don't even know where you post your skits. I don't remember ever coming across them. Of course I have pretty much limited the amount of boards I peruse, and the time I spend on the computer.

No need to apologize, for either the comment about the blog or not reading my skits. We each have different interests and different time to spend on those interests. S'ok. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

As for posting, I started posting on GCA, took the skits over to CV, and when I started posting here, I brought them along. They are happily sitting in the Creative Writing forum. I do them whenever I get in the mood, much the same as a blog I guess. I haven't posted a new one in some time. Don't know if, or when I'll write more, but I never know. lol.

When I started writing them, I wrote Clay with an accent, but after a few, I realized that didn't feel right for me, so that changed. Then somewhere along the way Jennifer no longer seemed to be a part of the 'J' team, so the skits morphed again. Creative process indeed.

Truthfully, I've never thought of myself as a writer. I never have been. I have a reading disability. Have for my whole life. For years I would pay people to write papers for me while I dictated. I was afraid of the written word.

Then Clay Aiken came along and I found the message boards and I wanted to join in. I wanted to participate in the Clay love and the Clay fun and the Clay laughter. Sometimes I would cry big sloppy tears sitting at my computer because I couldn't figure out how any of it worked and how the hell to say what it was I wanted to say...and then I wanted it so badly I put my toe in the water...and found there were some really good friends there to help me in case I got too far in the deep end. I learned to swim. I am still much slower than most when I'm reading something or somewhere new, but now I'm not embarrassed....and I've learned no one cares if you have a personal relationship with the edit button. It's all good. Ah, the power of Clay!

Dang!...that way too much about me, and not near enough about this guy!

CTCITHruffian2.jpg

(there, that's better :imgtongue: )

eta...muski, I love that long assed post as I do your stories.

I've never heard the word fanfic, before Clay, either. I'm such a message board novice. :cryingwlaughter:

I hear a pair of flannel PJs calling me. Time to curl up with the next dvd of Planet Earth.

One of my daughters has read A LOT of fanfic on the internet, and she showed me some of it. Some of the authors are FANTASTIC, and others are dismal. There's fanfic about anything imaginable, but the fanfic she showed me was about Star Wars, Harry Potter, LOTR, Dune, etc. etc. I never realized that there was so much fanfic out there! I do enjoy some of the better written Clay fanfic, although it doesn't interest me now as much as it did for the first couple of years after AI.

Truthfully, I've never thought of myself as a writer. I never have been. I have a reading disability. Have for my whole life. For years I would pay people to write papers for me while I dictated. I was afraid of the written word.

Then Clay Aiken came along and I found the message boards and I wanted to join in. I wanted to participate in the Clay love and the Clay fun and the Clay laughter. Sometimes I would cry big sloppy tears sitting at my computer because I couldn't figure out how any of it worked and how the hell to say what it was I wanted to say...and then I wanted it so badly I put my toe in the water...and found there were some really good friends there to help me in case I got too far in the deep end. I learned to swim. I am still much slower than most when I'm reading something or somewhere new, but now I'm not embarrassed....and I've learned no one cares if you have a personal relationship with the edit button. It's all good. Ah, the power of Clay!

Wow, laughn, I never would have guessed! You read and write so well, from what I can tell on this end, anyway! And many of us are known to edit, often more than once. At least we don't have that pesky edit counter anymore!

laughn, thank you so much for sharing your story. I would have never guessed either. Maybe someone who has similar things to deal with will read your post and feel confident enough to try and post here. (You know, like Clay's purpose in writing LTS...)

Man, ya'll are newbies in the fanfiction department. Me? Star Trek NUT! I'll have to verify this (and I won't use wikipedia, blech), but I think the term "fanfiction" started because of Star Trek. I know for a fact that's also where the term "slash fiction" came from -- as in "Kirk and Spock, sitting in a tree." OK, more descriptive than that, but still.

You know how some of you have said that you'd be embarrassed if you died suddenly and your family discovered your clack stash? Well....um....remember in "Star Trek: The Next Generation" the android Data admitted that he was "fully functional?" Uh...so....uh....yeah, I have a bunch of stories in my basement (not written by me) that I bought over the years as a Star Trek fandom involving the character of Data. Descriptive stories. VERY descriptive stories. *blushes*

Some even have artwork to go along with them.

*blushes*

I was wildly interested in the early days of Clay fandom for fanfiction stories. But now, like Gibby, I really don't have the time...unless muski comes up with something :new7: !

well can anyone come up with a new name for the popstar cause i really wanna use a phudeneam and stuff. I would love to find a name and since i hate American Idol, i wanna come up with a name for the talent show too.

Soulsista I hope you're not taking your skit away because I'm blathering on about my tastes because, what do I know? As an act of solidarity with you creative people out there, I'm submitting my OWN skit.

And one and two and KICK and KICK and turn and Turn and ..... STOP STOP

Someone help Clay up.

From the top ...and one and two and KICK....

wanda, to the point as only you can !!! this is so funny !! :cryingwlaughter: I can just picture Clay tryiing so hard to learn it all ! I would love to be a mouse at the theater right now and witness it all ! I just came accross the picture we took at the Tampa pre-party !! It was so nice to meet you !!

mex2DSC01060.jpg

me too. I feel so proud of all of us making it happen ! It was so exciting to watch the numbers go up and reach $100,000 and beyond !

There is Aspiegirl's blog at the OFC where she politely answers questions and shares opinions and a certain Carolina person who works damn hard on their blog and each is a thing of beauty. If I see a name I recognize on a blog list that I like, the rare times I am at the OFC, I go visit. If I have anything to say, I will leave a comment, otherwise I selfishly read and leave without saying anything. I think I have to set up a friend's list so I can visit blogs when the people are not on the new blog list.

So I've heard there are blogs at OFC LOL.

But Play I agree feedback is a good thing. Let's people know they are read and appreciated. I know I don't tell Caro enough how much I enjoy her blogs.

Curious to what other artists think, whether it's writing, making montages or banners or drawing. KAndre I thing you are a master at telling a story.

Thank you, Play and Couchie. I'll be sure to tell Aspiegirl she should come read the FCA thread today. If you ever come across her replies to those who have asked for knowledge, advice, her experiece, etc., about autistm, she freely shares to the tune of writing another blog within a comment. :)

Personally, I write -- or play music -- as a creative outlet for myself first. If others like what I write or play, that's awesome. Feedback is always appreciated -- **thnx, Cindilu2** -- and it is great when readers "get it" or realize the thought/time that goes into an entry.

Since July 2006, I have transferred the very same journal to Carolina On My Mind. In 171 entries on Blogspot, there have been a grand total of 30 comments. :lol:

For grins, in December I added a map that picks up the location of hits or reads. Just yesterday, a geography professor analyzed the findings; and there are a total of 29 countries from all continents represented. I'm glad people all around the globe are reading about Clay.

WE HAVE PROOF(s)

:cryingwlaughter: No, not of intelligent life in the universe, but of the Spam pins. Check it out! Couchie will be putting up an order form in the next day or two. Stay tuned!!!

They're, dare I say, SPAMTASTIC! :clap:

Dang, I wish I had said that! Great word, Bottlecap, and kewl pins, Cindilu2! :clap:

Let me know if you want orders from outside FCA. I can include a blurb in a certain blog or two. :lol:

Have a great weekend, FCA!

Caro listen.gif

Caro, I love your blogs and read them as much as I can. I will comment everytime now even just to say hi ! I enjoy your posts, your graphics, the pretty pictures of your Grandson ! Did you get a chance to visit with Kai this Holiday Season ?Time is what I need really. I don't know as so many fans do all the things they do ! I love the montages, the wallpapers. I am not computer savvy but working on it. With Clay and my need to know anything remotely related to him I am learning very fast ! I just love him to pieces, he is just so special and he looks so dang hawt !!!! :hubbahubba:

laughn, beautifully said. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

cindilu, the pins are wonderful !! :woman: