#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

KarenEh, I have been lurking (yes, I am a smugmug stalker!) in your album for days! GAH! You have some really, really fantastic photos there. :wub: I have snagged, errr, several. *g* One to be coming soon to a banner near you. Hee!!!

And this one... breathtaking!

237084524-M.jpg

I'm going to Clay's debut, too. Eeee!!!

I knew that old computer photo looked familiar. Long before I knew there were any 'theories' out there for people to lament over, when you could joke about things and it wouldn't cause a riot, I made this...

Clive.jpg

muski, Just...Er, Buddies was the first fic of yours I read. :clap:

Remember when Clay was in South America and blogged about drinking Guarana? ....made me think of you and your story. hee.

ahhh....more beautiful pictures! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Thank you Karen Eh!

Good Morning Everyone,

Interesting discussion about Fanfic; never have ready any myself; ventured into the Reading Room at RHT once, started to read one story that was had some pretty graphic sex scenes with Clay and was squicked out and never returned. Using Clay in stories and putting him in situations sexual or otherwise, when really don't know him, just seems intrusive to me. Or maybe it is because I am not and never will be a smutter or maybe it was my strict Catholic upbringing. Not that I don't find Clay atttractive or sexy; cuz, I do.

Actually I am a closet writer myself; although most of the writing I did was in High School, still have some very bad poetry hidden away in the house that not even hubby has seen and that I keep thinking I should get rid of before I am gone; I would be totally embarrassed if anyone saw it. I have always enjoyed keeping journals and love the process of writing, but I just don't have the discipline to actually compose a story. But I love to read, mostly non-fiction and my beloved Stephen King who has a new book coming out this month! And I love to do crossword puzzle and any other word games.

Laughn I have always loved your Jennifer and Clay skits; they always rang somewhat true to me and were just plain funny!

Getting up into the 50's here this week-end, but rainy. But at least the snow will be gone; we had my daughter's dog for the past week and all the patches of yellow snow were looking pretty bad!

2 Days until The Baf Golf Outing!

13 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I hear tell there may be a few folks from Houston braving the possible cold to come to opening night....

Darn we were hoping to keep a low profile!!

So glad to see this post from you... and even happier to report that I found your opening night ticket last night -- I didn't want to cause extra stress for you by reporting it was missing. All's well that ends well, right? Eeeeee! Less than 2 weeks now...

Kareneh, I love you! :woman::woohoo:

Saturday morning funny...

LivingWi.jpg

Last night my sister and I were sitting in the den

and I said to her, 'I never want to live in a

vegetative state, dependent on some machine

and fluids from a bottle to keep me alive. That

would be no quality of life at all. If that ever

happens, just pull the plug.'

So she got up, unplugged the computer, and threw

out my wine.

She's such a bitch.

I'm going out shopping today!!!!! :00000441: :00000441: :00000441:

I know.....what's the big deal? But it's a first since Christmas and I think I feel well enough, so my sister and I are going to the Bay which, in Halifax, is almost always empty. I have gift cards. I hope I have some money left. I have to remember that come next Thursday I have to get the dog out of hock....poor baby! I can't think about him now, it makes me too sad. I called about him and it sounds like he is doing fine, but still.....I should have been picking him up today.

Before I get off my butt to get ready for shopping here are a few pix from Red Bank. I was messing in that album this morning a little. I think my kid thinks I never get up from this chair at the kitchen table....never. She's sort of right, I guess. I should buy her a more comfortable set of chairs.

P1030394copy.jpg

P1020978copy.jpg

P1030393copy.jpg

P1020975copy.jpg

LivingWi.jpg

out my wine.

She's such a bitch.

BWAH!!!!!!!

Loooooong catch-up post, sorry!! Too many things I loved last night.

I found my head phones. I listened to Broken Wings 8.5 times on the way home on the bus.

LOVE this piece of art. LOVE it. If there had been nothing else on ATDW, it would have been worth producing for Broken Wings. Of course, the fact is...there's also the phrase "feel your body mooo-ooo-ooove" on ATDW. That one went on and on in my Zen for about half an hour last night on MY way home.

:hubbahubba:

What a week. I was so busy at work it seemed like an extra long week, not a short week.By the time I got home, fed Waldo and me, and read what was posted throughout the day, I was too tired to post

OMG, you're FEEDING it???!!

I just KNOW it was the dancing that made him say that! And learning all the lines!

Or maybe the rehearsal schedule requires him to get up before the crack of noon. Hee.

:cryingwlaughter: Yup, that's my bet!!

KarenEh, I have been lurking (yes, I am a smugmug stalker!) in your album for days! GAH! You have some really, really fantastic photos there. :wub: I have snagged, errr, several. *g* One to be coming soon to a banner near you. Hee!!!

Yup, that's the one I loved best too! A-DOR-a-ble!! Can hardly wait for the banner.....and the pins! Love them both! You do an amazing job as a pin artist.

Have a question...several people mentioned that they have "lost their muse" in respect to Clay and "fanfic". I think that's interesting. I know I have lost none of my interest in and love for the man since 2003; in fact, likely I am more deeply entrenched in the fandom than I was at that point for numerous reasons.

I'm not a fanfic reader; as someone else mentioned, my reading out of necessity and short attention span, needs to be in bits and pieces, and reading on the computer just doesn't work for me. I usually read in bed in the ten minutes or so before I fall asleep with the book in my hand and the light on.

Perhaps I should print some of them out and read them that way.

But~back to the point~I don't feel like those of you who mentioned it have lost their fandom either. You're here, after all.

My muse pulls me toward creating art that has to do with Clay/benefits BAF. I still feel it.

So why do you think it is, that the "muse" has left?

I hear tell there may be a few folks from Houston braving the possible cold to come to opening night....

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Low profile? Is that possible? Nah, I didn't think so! :cryingwlaughter:

LivingWi.jpg

out my wine.

She's such a bitch.

I love Maxine. I love her humor, and can so relate to it.

I won't get to attend Spamalot, unless a miracle happens. Too much going on here with hubby. I wish I could afford to send about a $300.00 bouquet of flowers for him, though, for opening night. Telling him to break a leg. $300.00 might get him a couple of roses from a New York florist. So I guess I'll pass on that idea. I'll just have to be content to live vicariously through the recaps of those who do attend.

laughn, I don't see where you have a problem writing at all. I have never seen it. Thanks for sharing your story. You should of worked it around a Christmas theme and sent it in for the contest.

Soulsister, I'd say just leave your story like you originally wrote it. I hope you don't feel compelled to delete it, by anything I or others have said.

kareneh has always taken great pics of Clay. I went out shopping yesterday. Bought hubby 3 new pillows for his upcoming birthday tomorrow. Since he spends so much time in bed. OMG I found a Tommy Hilfiger king sized pillow that I want to keep for myself. It is down/like and soft and form fitting. Only $20.00 at T.J. Maxx. Then I found two standard pillows, real down filled, from Laura Ashley for $10.00 each. God I love that store.

playbiller I remember seeing that old computer picture too. I wonder why that would of popped up during your zebra search. Funny huh?

I'm about dropping here. My comfy bed in there is calling my

Hee! Having gotten used to the glasses, Clay's face looks kinda nekkid without them.

I always had a feeling I would like Clay nekkid!

Seriously, I have been drooling over Karen Eh?'s pictures. I so LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Clay's GORGEOUS face without those glasses messing it up. I had forgotten just how GORGEOUS he is without them!!

I just KNOW it was the dancing that made him say that! And learning all the lines!

Or maybe the rehearsal schedule requires him to get up before the crack of noon. Hee.

Hee! I had forgotten about that! Poor baby. Dancing, learning lines and having to get up before 2:00pm! No wonder he's saying :Ahh:

What a week. I was so busy at work it seemed like an extra long week, not a short week.By the time I got home, fed Waldo and me, and read what was posted throughout the day, I was too tired to post

OMG, you're FEEDING it???!!

Well, he just has so much more energy when he's well feed...... :whistling-1:

I have so much to do today and I don't feel like doing any of it!

OMG ya'll have been chatty since last night. I'm skeeered to go read heh. Anyway, around 6 PM I went into my room to see what time the basketball game was going to come on..I sat down in my nice comfy pink chair and I woke up at 10PM. So I just went to bed. Now let me see what ya'll have been chattering on about...

Aspiegirl I remember reading your deserted island with Clay journal ages ago and laughed my ass off over it. I loved the concept of Coconut Raleigh, too. :cryingwlaughter: Kind of like the soccer ball in Castaway.

LivingWi.jpg

out my wine.

She's such a bitch.

BWAAAAAhh!! This is so me! Welll, I expect is so a lot of us here.

Have a question...So why do you think it is, that the "muse" has left?

I don't even know what the heck a muse is, much left why it left or where it's gone. I didn't even notice mine was missing. :(

Hey, I remember reading a story called Just...Er, Buddies. :cryingwlaughter:

Clayzorback you have inspired me to go to TJ Maxx today. I also have a 30% off coupon for Borders and two Starbucks gift cards. And since Border's is right next to TJM, I may have to stop in and see what they have in the way of sweaters-that-don't-make-me-look-like-a-barn.

Waves to Aspiegirl and JustClay12!

Yay so many FCAers going opening night.

Anyone miss me??? :cryingwlaughter:

:PickMe-1:

Bwah! ahem.

HI every one.

I was looking for something on the internet and found this and thought you would enjoy

Clickable picture

th_b805f053.gif

bwah... they were a little off on their extrapolations....

I knew that old computer photo looked familiar. Long before I knew there were any 'theories' out there for people to lament over, when you could joke about things and it wouldn't cause a riot, I made this...

Clive.jpg

heh

237084124-L.jpg

that is beautiful... swooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

LivingWi.jpg

out my wine.

She's such a bitch.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

So why do you think it is, that the "muse" has left?

good question FromClaygary

and maybe after we work through this issue with muski I'll get a sequel to the clyra :praying:

and I'm caught up... I will be sitting her most of the day today and tomorrow..working. I'll try to put up the pin order page today sometime.

You know....I spent a little time perusing old story threads---Just Buddies/Good Buddies; Only This and Everything; Promises; Working From Home;....heh. Fun! And y'all remember Kenny and Aria in Born of Fire? See, the thing is...different readers have different favorites and they all would like a sequel! Which is flattering, of course, but.... :blink:

Ah, yes...the "muse"...well, it's interesting about the muse. I've talked a little about this with a few of you, but although I love Mr. Aiken as much or more than ever, my feelings about our relationship (bwah!) are different. It's almost as if I know so much more about who he is that it's more difficult to write something about him. I could always write a character called Clay, but who was necessarily a man of my own creation---yeah, there were times when I TRIED to portray him as I thought he might be, but ultimately he was a CREATION.

It seems to me that he's become paradoxically more his 'own man'---taking his life back, as he said---and yet even more open and honest with the fans lately. It's hard to describe....but it's harder to be totally free of who he really is when I try to write...

Doesn't make any sense, most likely, but that's probably part of the reason I can't seem to 'find the muse'....

Whatever...if I lose my 'thang' re: writing I can always (after yesterday) get a new job as a plumber! Got a clogged patio drain? Call Muski! :cryingwlaughter:

Uh, Gibby :unsure: ...Alex's hair is red. Quite red. I believe the name of the color is "Strawberry Tea"...okay? I'm thinking of finally trying a 'hide-the-gray' shampoo-in rinse to show solidarity. She likes it, though, so I'll just get used to it. My hubby said that every time she spends time with this one friend of hers, she wants to do something with her hair. Yeah...that particular friend is rather....uh, adventurous? :cry4:

I wanted to post some links for my South Bend album that I finished tonight. I should throw confetti or something for the mere accomplishment of getting to the end of something. That hasn't happened to me, or by me in quite a while.

The entire album is Here.

So many beautiful pictures. Here's another one:

th_KEh3.jpg

Clickable

out my wine.

She's such a bitch.

OMG, I've been Maxine for the past two weeks! :cryingwlaughter:

:welcome:justclay12!

Love the Smalot emoticons! :nanalove:

I had forgotten about Coconut Raleigh, Aspiegirl. :lol:

My husband studied Fortran in college. I am sending him these photos. :whistling-1:

thbirthdaygreet.giftxflwrgrl!

Have a great weekend, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro listen.gif

lots of great posts once again...

Welcome to main justclay12...hope you post more often.

Aspiegirl...glad you dropped by. loved that survivor Clay story...hee. coconut Raleigh...hee

Laughn...your story is an inspiration...can never tell you had trouble with the written word by how you post...thanks for sharing.

Karen eh...GAH...gorgeous pictures...inspires me to work on my webpages...

EEEEEEEEEE...for those going to opening night. We will rely on your reports since I doubt we will have clack...

EEEEEEEEEE...the possiblility of me going to see Spamalot on April just opened up...not saying I will get to go...now its just MORE possible...hee Will work on it.

UGH FOrtran...I had to take my grad school level statistics with this old scottish professor that insisted we right our own program in fortran...YUCK...no wonder I got my lowest mark ever in that class...

thanks to all who brings the funny...

:bday2: txflrgrl!!!!

Ah, yes...the "muse"...well, it's interesting about the muse. I've talked a little about this with a few of you, but although I love Mr. Aiken as much or more than ever, my feelings about our relationship (bwah!) are different. It's almost as if I know so much more about who he is that it's more difficult to write something about him. I could always write a character called Clay, but who was necessarily a man of my own creation---yeah, there were times when I TRIED to portray him as I thought he might be, but ultimately he was a CREATION.

It seems to me that he's become paradoxically more his 'own man'---taking his life back, as he said---and even more open and honest with the fans lately. It's hard to describe....but it's harder to be totally free of who he really is when I try to write...

Doesn't make any sense, most likely, but that's probably part of the reason I can't seem to 'find the muse'....

Hmmm...interesting! Thanks for answering. I completely agree about the more open and honest Clay lately. I love it, think that as a fan group we have a relationship with "our" artist that many, many people would envy. But I understand why it would make it more difficult to write fiction about this person. And for some, perhaps....easier.

I used to use photographs a lot in my multi-media stuff, and now of course can't do that anymore. I've been inspired by Scarlett's colorways concept and will be working more with that theme to do some things this year (hope you don't mind, Scarlett)so I understand how things have to evolve.

I think your muse may not have left...he's just lurking in the wings to inspire you in new and creative ways. :blush:

But probably not as a plumber! :cryingwlaughter:

Watched AI Rewind earlier today and it was fun to see an episode I've never seen before -- Top 32/Group 1. And -- I've got never-before-seen episodes coming up for the next few weeks. Clay's narration was almost nil today because these are tapes of live shows without voiceovers, and the contestants themselves provided the behind-the-scenes comments. It was really enjoyable to see something new, although some of the singers weren't great.

I found myself rooting hard for Julia DeMato to get in, even though I hate that Preacher Man song intensely. She seemed fragile compared to Kimberly C's self-absorbed lovefest. Kimberly C was so transparently bitchy that I didn't want her to go through regardless of how she sang. I now see that she was turning people off from the very beginning. Trenyce was the best singer that night, IMO, but her song sucked. I like that the Results are condensed to the real nitty-gritty for the last 5-6 minutes of the show.

I've seen Clay's Group 2 on YouTube, but I'm so looking forward to seeing him sing on my TV next week. I'm such a doof I'll probably tear up when he doesn't make it.

You know, keepingfaith...I'm with you re: tearing up when Clay doesn't make it from Group 2. I didn't see that show years ago when it happened, only in videos since and it really hit me how very much he WANTED this thing! Yes, he was scared and nervous...but he was SERIOUS about winning. And he was crushed and pissed when he got cut....again.

So interesting to realize the unfolding of this man's career...he's so very dynamic, so engaged in life's opportunities that his life is bound to be full of surprises. I'm feeling fortunate that I'm pushing my way to a front row seat for the ongoing show... :wub:

And now for real life: does anyone have an absolutely awesome recipe for a soup made with the ham bone leftover from our New Year's Honey Baked Ham? :lilredani: I ask because it seems that some of you are quite the cooks (which I am NOT)....I've surfed the net and found some recipes I could use, but would much rather have something 'homemade' like....

Thanks! :lilredani:

Thanks for the kind words everyone, both for the J&C skits and for my reading story. I went through the education system before anyone knew what a learning disability was. The tip off for me was in third grade when I had just flunked the weekly spelling test again. The teacher made me stand and then asked me verbally every word on the test. I spelled them correctly. I remember her then asking, if I could spell them all out loud why did I miss them all on paper? lol. I taught myself to read. I was told I wasn't smart enough to take a foreign language or go to college for that matter. I can still remember one teacher standing me up in front of the class and shouting, "I can't believe you're this stupid!" Ah, fun times. So, I got the best revenge ever. I went into education. :imgtongue:

All that said...I only have trouble now when something I've adjusted to seeing a certain way, changes...like that damn Yuku that has taken over EZboards. Agh! I still can't figure out how to change my avatar there. Every day I go and try to figure out what the heck I'm just not seeing to make the change. I imagine if I get ticked enough I'll call someone and they will walk me through it, but :P, you know?

Dear Lord, I have talked about myself enough for the whole year now, thank you all very much.

Clazorback, writing one story for CITH was all I could handle, but luckily it was what Clay was looking for. The man gave me the best present ever this year. I'm a lucky woman.

It seems to me that he's become paradoxically more his 'own man'---taking his life back, as he said---and even more open and honest with the fans lately. It's hard to describe....but it's harder to be totally free of who he really is when I try to write...

Makes perfect sense, muski..

This resonated with me as well Muski. I do like to makes stories in my head. I developed this as a child ...whenever I was bored I just get into this story in my head that is like a soap opera cos it is ever evolving. I started something that was all about Clay right from AI and I never put it down to paper but it used to be so easy for me to get into this story in my head whenever I was trying to sleep or waiting for someone and the story would evolve as Clay's own story unfolded. Now I find it is much harder to get into this Clay in my head and I guess its because real Clay seem to be getting in the way...

I do have to say the only fanfic I ever read was the Clyra and I my favorite parts were their interaction, their conversations and the little complication with Kelly. That was great...actually came close to my own little story with Clay and Kelly. So I truly appreciate the character and plot development. Hope we see more of that story...but no pressure.

eta: oh the hambone...what I usually do with it is a boiled dinner. I usually get beef shanks and boil it for a long time with a ham bone, then add potatoes, carrots, cabbage and turnips. Another thing my MIL likes to do is pea soup. So good with ham.

well more about it, I am still think off changing it cause i really want to make a small comic out off it and i want it to be shown. Anyway I wrote the skit when i was 16 in late 2005 and Clay was the insperation of it. I had been thinking about changing the name of the caritiors since june of 2007. I was just confused. And I still have the entire skit on wordpad anyway. But I really do not have time to copy it.

And by the way, i can't watcha American Idol anymore, not after the 2007 season, it was just boring. I am still a bit tired of it now. It does not have that same entaiment value it has in the early days. and the only reason i got interested in 2002 of that show was because of a defunct show in 2001 named "popstars", it aired when I was 12 and it kinda attracted me to that type of show. and BTW it stoped airing in 2001 i think.

i loved the maxine bit. i can relate. i can't wait until ai rewind next week even though i remember worrying at the time that he wouldn't make it to the top 2 because there were several contestants in group 2 that i thought were pretty good. and i saw even then how they were building up ruben. i also thought kim would make it, partly because of the song she chose, and partly due to standing up to simon. now, when he sang on the wildcard show, even though i was still worried because i was completely hooked after that performance, i knew that none of the singers even came close to him. i also remember thinking then that that was a star performance among a bunch of amateurs.