#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

New thread title poll above -- have at it!

Why, yes, I am indecisive, thankyaverymuch! :cryingwlaughter:

Isn't it funny how we FCAers just accept that DCAT was the name of the summer tour.....without realizing that the majority of the fandom didn't call it that? :cryingwlaughter:

I love Clay's comment about the golfing tournament being a great way to "swing" into 2008.

What a card! :cryingwlaughter:

Hee, I know, I snorted when I read that. Sometimes he is just so corny, but it makes him cuter to me. Anyone remember how he used to make a swinging motion during YWT when he sang "the power in David's swing"? :wub:

I am not an AI fan. Never was, never will be. Happened upon Clay by accident, but never watched the show for the show, only came into season 2 partway through. Tried to watch season 3 but got disgusted pretty quickly. But I'm really enjoying these AI Rewind shows, because it's giving background to the parts of season 2 that I did watch. And I wasn't expecting to hear Clay's voice tonight, but I did at one point, and it made me smile. :)

I wonder what he's doing tonight? I made my Spamalot hotel reservation today, and I ordered my pins. YAY! It's almost here......it's going to be difficult, waiting until March, but it will be SO worth it.

Hey aikim, I saw your comment about SK.....you should come join us in the Books thread. I just finished reading Blaze. Can't wait for the new one to come out!

Isn't it funny how we FCAers just accept that DCAT was the name of the summer tour.....without realizing that the majority of the fandom didn't call it that? :cryingwlaughter:

It had another name? :cryingwlaughter: heee actually I posed somewhere else recently and mentioned DCAT and somebody went HUH? heee Oops. Hell one time when I went to look for some clack and couldn't find the directory for a minute because I was looking for DCAT.

Lucky, well I actually looked up flights today heee. I'll give it until the end of the month for TBAF to announce the gala..and if they don't I'm going ahead with my plans.

ETA: I still love and wear my dcat shirts

Well, I had fun today! I don't do this often, but I went to spend some gift cards today and get two art pieces framed....and spent WAY too much money! Eeehah! :lilredani:

I've had a Zen V Plus 30 gb for about a year now, and I F'LOVE it!! I love it SO much that I've grown kind of worried about losing the sucker on one of my many trips. It is, after all, a $300 2 x 4" piece of equipment and it has my entire music library now stored on it plus many one-of recordings I've done at various concerts. If I lost that sucker I'd have to commit hara-kiri.

Soooo...I used my Best Buy $50 gift card and bought this little cutie, which is about 1" x 2" and can be hung from my neck from a lanyard. It records also, and has room for about 500 songs. That'll work for the best of the best for trips, and I can save my 30 gb for safer times.

With my $50 gift card (are you getting the picture yet?....) I also bought a new small HDTV with an integrated DVD player for upstairs. Great prices on still! This is certainly the time of year to be buying electronics. And that $50 gift card only cost me $736!! :whistling-1:

My $100 Michaels gift card (to be used for framing the two art pieces brought back from SE Asia for me by my son) only cost me $276!! :whistling-1:

Gawd! I sure know why stores LOVE gift cards! :lmaosmiley-1:

thanks for answering. it was driving me nuts. doing clay aiken sounds pretty good to me, however he'd probably have a different view if i actually tried.

Happy birthday txflwrgrl! Has anyone seen her lately? I miss her.

Aaahhh, thanks lydjocelyn! I'm alive and well and living in the land of lurkdom. I promise to try to join in the fun here more, but I do get a kick out of reading here. There's a lot of smart, funny, and creative ladies at FCA.

4b9ae577.gif <-- heh, Spamalot trip to NYC

Hey Play! Is that my all expense paid trip to Spamalot that I got for Christmas that you're trying to take? Back off woman! :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! It's been a work day for me and I loved coming here and seeing the birthday messages even though I don't post that often.

KarenEh - Your pictures are very yummilicious - Thanks for letting us enjoy them!

Bottle - Loved that you included a Texas flag and a yellow rose in your birthday message for me. Thanks! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Okay.....and now back to your regular programming.

Isn't it funny how we FCAers just accept that DCAT was the name of the summer tour.....without realizing that the majority of the fandom didn't call it that?

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter: Ain't that the truth! I was going through some pictures/files and kept seeing SHRPT ...

Wait...what is it again? Honestly...I've forgotten...what are the initials and what do they stand for again?

SHRPT ...

BWAH

uh _______hard rock___________ tour

no

soft hard rock

wait Muski are those initials right?

seriously!

Bwah!

I know whatever it was was soft and hard heee.

ETA: Ok this is bothering me..Muski your initials must be wrong..wasn't it soft rock in a hard place tour SRHPT? BWAH!

Hmmph. It'll always be the DCAT to me. :imgtongue:

Just like we'll be Doing Clay on Broadway.

It's a sickness I tell ya!

doingspam.gif

Huh, I thought SRHPT were the little fellas who guide you up the mountains.

Love the pins cindylou and thanks for making them available couchie.

Our plans for seeing Spamalot are falling into place for the end of this month. The price I will pay is to spend a few days in DC with my SIL and her husband. She just drives me a little nuts. Then up to spend time with playbiller, which means going to Spamalot. I hope my husband likes the show. I know he likes Monty Python. He was singing The Universe song to me yesterday, so I think it's a yes. :club0:

I won't be joining anyone in the AI thread as I'm not the least bit interested in it. Haven't watched since AI2 and haven't heard most of the winners voices. I'll be doing taxes in Feb, March and April so I will be busy anyway. But I can understand getting involved, so have a great time. Really! :kotz0:

I try not to begrudge anyone else the opportunity to "Find their Clay", so to speak. I might not agree with their choices, but it's obvious other AI'ers have fans that are as passionate about them as the Clay Nation is about Clay.

Except that I don't think most of them are nearly as organized, technologically savvy (I mean the Vaults and CU are pretty hardcore), and you know, as stunningly insightful and possessing the great good taste that the members of the Clay Nation have and whatnot...

:DoClay:

Hmmph. It'll always be the DCAT to me. :imgtongue:

Just like we'll be Doing Clay on Broadway.

It's a sickness I tell ya!

doingspam.gif

Of course the real name is DCAT! Quiana said so and she should know!

I too always have to stop and think what those other initials stand for. It was and always be the DCAT to me!

Cindilu2, I LOVE that gif! How cute is that!

Speaking of cute gifs... I know this has been posted here before, but I saw this one today and just started laughing. I think it should be labeled "Clay Aiken rehearses his dance moves for Spamalot"!

bradybunchgroove-1.gif

:cryingwlaughter:

BWAH!!!! I think they are sherpas, cindilu.

I try not to begrudge anyone else the opportunity to "Find their Clay", so to speak. I might not agree with their choices, but it's obvious other AI'ers have fans that are as passionate about them as the Clay Nation is about Clay.

Except that I don't think most of them are nearly as organized, technologically savvy (I mean the Vaults and CU are pretty hardcore), and you know, as stunningly insightful and possessing the great good taste that the members of the Clay Nation have and whatnot...

:DoClay:

Oh, I totally agree about the technologically savvy part. Our vaults are AMAZING, and the quality of our videos and screencaptures are excellent compared to many artists. Quite awhile back I wanted to see the performance by Josh Groban and Charlotte Church at the Olympics. They sang 'The Prayer' while figure skaters were doing their thing. I went to a Josh Groban message board, and found a thread where people were going gaga over a file someone had available for download. I downloaded it, and the quality was horrible! I got rid of it REALLY quick. The sound and picture were both bad. And everyone on the board thought it was absolutely wonderful. Little do they know what we have!

Claygasm - where is that gif from - which concert?

And what was the bit he was doing? I did know, but I can't remember to save me!

Ordered the pins! Thanks for the ease of purchase! What a smooth process!

AI?

I never was an AI fan. I was a Clay fan. Didn't watch season 1. Tried to watch some after AI2 - so I could talk with my BFF and Sis, but Just didn't really enjoy it. I HATESESSSS the audition train wrecks. Make my ears bleed!

I do like seeing the young people go after their dream, but the show just has too much meanness, IMO.

You want CUTE, Gibby???

Check this one out!

NewarkSRHPNoThankYoumedbyLDB-1.gif

Cotton, I don't know what concert it was from, but it was labeled "Brady Bunch Groove" so I assume he was "dancing" to the Brady Bunch theme song as the audience sang it. Anyone know what concert that would be from?

claygasm, i love that gif. i have a whole file of them. now before clay, i had no idea what a gif was, nor did i know anything about message boards, nor did i have any interest in them. however once the finale was over, i had to get on the internet and find out as much as possible about that cutie man with the amazing voice. been lurking ever since, although i did start posting here and there about a year ago. this is the most i have posted at one time though, partly because i had a long christmas break and i'd rather post than do housework.