Spam pins

cindilu2

Spoil sport spoils sport where are you? I guess it is me. Isn't there a problem using "Clay Aiken" on a pin. I thought you could use one or the other, but not both since it is trademarked.

Love D!!!

yes its true that the full name Clay Aiken is trademarked .... but there are tons of pins out there that are in violation of his trademark with his pictures and name, I think as long as we are not doing it for profit and are keeping it below the radar, I think its worth the risk.

Spoil sport spoils sport where are you? I guess it is me. Isn't there a problem using "Clay Aiken" on a pin. I thought you could use one or the other, but not both since it is trademarked.

Love D!!!

Yes its true that the full name Clay Aiken is trademarked .... but there are tons of pins out there that are in violation of his trademark with his pictures and name, I think as long as we are not doing it for profit and are keeping it below the radar, I think its worth the risk.

I did think of this (thus the first version of the crest pin) and I'm glad you feel this way Ansa. I agree - especially since it's the complete name of the board. Of course I'll abide by whatever you and Couchie decide.

Thanks for all the suggestions and encouragement ladies! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm in for 2 each of Aa and D! And since Clay himself came up with the "doing" part (way back when, before the summer tour, in Quiana's blog), I don't mind it at all. Besides, unless someone REALLY looks hard at that pin, they'll probably just see it as a pin. *g* OTOH, I didn't wear my "Doing" pin when I was with my husband at Merrillville, so I can understand where Lotus is coming from too!

ohhkay...D is it! Yep, I really like it.

Although doing Clay is a double entendre...let's face it...how many people reading that pin are going to think of doing lunch and much as I would love to do Clay I just cannot wear a pin announcing that desire.

I'm in for 2 each of Aa and D! And since Clay himself came up with the "doing" part (way back when, before the summer tour, in Quiana's blog), I don't mind it at all. Besides, unless someone REALLY looks hard at that pin, they'll probably just see it as a pin. *g* OTOH, I didn't wear my "Doing" pin when I was with my husband at Merrillville, so I can understand where Lotus is coming from too!

I interpreted the "doing" part as ldyjocelyn did - coming from Clay's comment on Quiana's blog about the summer tour, but I can also understand what Lotus is saying, as I wouldn't wear a "doing" pin either.

That being said, I really like the new choice D and if the decision is made to have two designs, I still like Aa also.

I guess since djs, liney, and I are the only ones who like "B", it isn't worth trying to see if you could design a marquee pin using the Spamalot colors..

In that case, then, I will go with Aa. I can't believe I missed seeing couchie's emoticon, our mascot, being used as the "O." I love that.

Clayzor, I did try it, honest - the results weren't even worth posting. :-( I really like the marquee idea, but it's hard to do it on such a small scale and have it have impact. The primary colours just don't lend themselves to it. Sowwy!

I guess since djs, liney, and I are the only ones who like "B", it isn't worth trying to see if you could design a marquee pin using the Spamalot colors..

In that case, then, I will go with Aa. I can't believe I missed seeing couchie's emoticon, our mascot, being used as the "O." I love that.

Clayzor, I did try it, honest - the results weren't even worth posting. :-( I really like the marquee idea, but it's hard to do it on such a small scale and have it have impact. The primary colours just don't lend themselves to it. Sowwy!

That's okay cindi. Thanks for trying............ :F_05BL17blowkiss: I really didn't think it would look good. I was just more or less in love with the marquee idea. But I really do like Aa the best anyway.

I love the Aa one!

Waves to jerrijan. I miss you girl.

Dang.... nice job on these new ones... just made the choices harder... hmmm...

I like the blue but the red is easier to read so I'd say F of the two new ones...

This could be a close vote me thinks....

Thanks again for doing this! :clap:

Great pins, cindilu2!!!!!

I'm following the crowd with A and D. I want to have them for posterity even though I'm not likely to be going to NY. They're darling and they'll make a much nicer remembrance than a playbill from a performance I didn't attend. And they are so FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

This was the clearest, most head on pic I could find of the shield. I've seen others with one leg raised, like it was fighting, but they were all on angles. Honestly, with the size of the actual pin, I don't think it will be so noticable. Best I could do!

shield5E.gif

For the record, I like A and D also.

The latest choice is great too, but I still LOVE Aa the best with D a VERY close second. I would buy one of each!

They are both the most monty python-esque. I love Aa the most because its colorful and because it follows an unofficial FCA theme in pins - Doing Clay. Also because it has our favorite tomato on it. And I love D because of the shield and the chicken and the Sir Robin mention. Aa makes me the happiest and I am most drawn to it, but I would most definitely buy D along with it.