#24: Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Who needs caffeine when we've got Clay Aiken?!
    • Regardless of how you figure it, Clay is indeed our Million Dollar Man and I'm his cheap ho.
    • MUST.HAVE.CLACK.OF.THE.MAN.IN.BLACK!!!!!!!!
    • That is a whole lot of pretty. Physically and vocally.
    • It never does wane because Mr. Clay Aiken continues to fascinate, delight, transform and bring it. He is one beautiful man.
    • The man can make me laugh and sah-woon at the same time.
    • He was "chatty and witty" until you get all up in his kool-aid...
    • Heeeee - I love it! A massive brain and big balls.
    • Clay Aiken goes for the Full Monty
    • Whatever this man sings, he offers something beautiful if you're willing to hear it.
    • TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

I took the board going down last night as a sign that I should get out of my lounge chair and get to bed. Heh.

Oh no, not the dreaded spork!!! :Ahh: I've got my songs downloaded, but I haven't started listening yet. But frankly though....I'm sure there's LOTS of clack still out there that just hasn't been rendered and uploaded yet, and I'd like to wait a bit longer to try and get some more before making my final decisions. (AND...in preview, I see this has already been covered....heh...)

As for my Clay love and other's knowledge of it....I'm kind of hypocritical that way. At work, pretty much everyone knows, and most don't care. (My boss bought a copy of ATDW the first week without prompting from me -- YAY! She also says she'd go see him if he came into our area....) I've never gotten a hard time from them. My office decorations are split pretty evenly between pictures of my husband and pictures of Clay, although I have my bit Clay calendar, so I guess Clay wins. *g* At my previous job, they gave me some gentle teasing about my pretend boyfriend, but nothing major, and I could give it right back to my boss (a guy) who was a huge Groban fan.

But where I'm hypocritical is with my family. My Mom and my brother and his family know I've seen Clay several times...but they just don't know the EXTENT. I did finally tell my SIL this summer that I was flying to Houston and Tulsa to see Clay, because my Mom is in a nursing home now and I didn't want them to be calling my house only to find out I was in Texas. But most of my previous trips? They have no clue. And my sister in Florida would frankly be hurt by that -- I care enough to go see Clay, but not her? Well, in my family....yeah, I guess. She's my sister, but yet we've never had a close relationship. *shrug* I figure the easiest was is to just not bring it up.

I've only had one friend bring up the "Clay is gay" thing, and I shut him down pretty good with a "why do you care all that much? Does it affect his singing?" We've avoided talking about it since.

For the most part, I bring up Clay in conversation when the subject allows for it....which, for the most part, isn't that often. I think there's a very fine line to walk with this. I'm one that hates "overselling" something -- the reason why I've never seen "Forrest Gump" is because almost EVERYONE I know thinks it's the best.movie.ever! So, if Clay does come up in conversation, I'll just say "I really like his voice, and I think he's a funny guy."

One more thing....I think we ALL have topics of conversation with family and friends that we just avoid entirely, because we know we'll never agree. I have two friends -- staunch Republicans. My husband and I -- liberal Democrats. We've learned just to not talk about politics. Or, if my friends start in, hubby and I mostly just go "uh huh" until we can get them onto a different topic. We've tried the battle, it didn't work, time to move on. I can see where Clay can be like that for some families.

{{{{{chachadotter}}}}}

I missed the board last night, too! I had one of those 'it's Sunday and I don't wanna go back to work tomorrow so I'm going to stress about everything I possibly can and not go to sleep until sometime after 2:30 AM' nights. Grrrrrr. If I'm not :856: by the time I get in the door tonight, I can help bring some :golf: info over from CV, too.

I know, makes me sad too...hoping he will be doing some morning show appearances I can to it.

Kim

Yes! I was thinking about that this morning. I'd love to actually have a reason for being late to work some mornings. :cryingwlaughter:

I wanted to thank Caro for her great inclusion of FCA in her blog. Sales took a really big surge and we will probably double expectations which means TBAF will get a decent donation this time around.

Very cool! I personally had no idea a portion of these went to BAF....even cooler! (I assume we're talking about the pins...)

I had no idea either. Very cool, indeed! :clap:

Have a good day everyone! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I wanted to thank Caro for her great inclusion of FCA in her blog. Sales took a really big surge and we will probably double expectations which means TBAF will get a decent donation this time around.

You are so welcome! I was just checking the math, and there have been 110 hits since late last night -- I had to stop and cheer for the Tar Heels! WOOHOO!!! Guess those hits ran right over here and ordered pins. :lol:

This morning I was double-checking my links. When I got the FCA link, we were in the old thread. On the "check," I looked down and saw several guests in there with me. I have now changed this link for the new thread and will add a sentence about TBAF.

The blog is also at Carolina On My Mind and includes Cindilu2's gorgeous "Spamalot" animation, as well as a couple of beautiful graphics using Kareneh's photos. Last time a geography professor checked the red dots on the map at the "Carolina" site, there were 20 countries represented. Do you ship everywhere? :)

Sending prayers and good vibes for the ChaCha family! :wub:

Y'all have a great day. It's back to the salt mines for me, but first I have to hit the music store for some piano books for a new student. Later ... :whistling-1:

Caro listen.gif

Yes I ship everywhere. I have shipped pins to New Zealand and England in the past..and of course Canada. IT's actually cheaper to ship the pins to Canada now because the postal service did some crazy increase for the US. I was caught unawares about that with the DCAT pins so actually lost a little (not much) of money there. CITH broke even. And now thanks to the donations ya'll gave FCA last year all of this pin money will go to TBAF. Don't forget, if you want to pay by check you PM me and let me know.

I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing..oh right, I can just blame Scarlett too heee. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Scarlett.

And at some point, I will start digging through my flatware drawer for sporks....what's a good deadline for Xmas song analysis?

The day after Scarlett puts her audio up? *ducks*

Erm, KAndre, could you get after Scarlett about her audio? Purty please? 'Cuz I have a few choices made already, but I'm waiting for Scarlett's wonderful clack to be available. And I will need a little more time than a day after her stuff goes up, because I work and sometimes have evening rehearsals, so may not be able to get to it right away.

:RedGuy:

Scarlett - :F_05BL17blowkiss:

A quick post and then off to keep chachadotter#3 company while SIL gets a hernia operation. A few prayers in our general direction would be nice!!

:praying:

i am so glad the board is up again this morning. i panicked when i couldn't get on last night and thought i'd gotten myself banned. today, i am heading out to get my hair cut and colored cuz i don't want any of those gray hairs showing when i go to see our boyfriend. and i loved that article posted today. he is so adorable.

Heee, I think it takes a lot to get banned from FCA. Colored ink is rare. You'll occasionally see stillettos or - YIKES! - sporks, however, but it's usually in fun.

My problem is my oldest DD and my DIL. They both think they are talking to some naive "older" woman who doesn't have the sense to know when someone is gay. They have to prove that they are smarter than me for some reason. And, it is totally a respect issue. They both have issues and it somehow makes them feel better to try to tear me down. To keep peace, I simply never bring him up when in family situations with either of them. I know it's them who have the problems, not me.

liney, this is just my opinion of course, but I think my daughter and daughter in law are part of a generation that has grown up with labels. I am going to assume that your DD and DiL are around the same age. I think our daughter's generation has learned to put a name on everything and everyone. 'He's ADD.' 'She's ADHD' 'He has Oppositional Defiance Disorder' 'She has sensory integration issues'...you get the idea...From the time they were young, someone, somewhere has tried to classify them and their friends, in some manner or another. I think they want to stick a label on Clay as if it will make some sense for them.

laughn, I can see your point with this, but honestly in my case it was an older person with preconceived notions and predudice that made the first "gay" comment to me. Only the label she used was "queer", which shows that labels go back a long way.

Shortly after I had that little run in with my SIL, a couple of guys who work with my husband felt the need to make a gay comment about Clay, one was to my husband after the Fifth Grader episode, so I didn't have a chance to respond to him. The other was at a social gathering and I took lucikest's approach. I told him he had his opinion and I had mine, and after all I wasn't planning on sleeping with him I just loved to hear him sing

With men, sometimes I think it's a defense mechanism, like if they say anything nice about him people will think they are gay, so instead they sling insults at him

UNICEF Field Notes

Thank You From Clay Aiken

In December, UNICEF Ambassador Clay Aiken visited children affected by the recent flooding in Mexico and made an appeal for $100,000 to support UNICEF programs.

Well, you did it again! I asked you to join me in supporting UNICEF programs in Mexico this holiday season and you exceeded my expectations. More than $100,000 before the end of the year--AMAZING! Thank you all so much.

As my friends at UNICEF mentioned, we are working hard to put together my holiday album from my trip with my mom and Brett in Mexico. We had a great time and met so many of the wonderful people your donations are going to help. Can't wait to share some of my favorite pictures with all of you!

Stay tuned--we'll get it out to you as soon as possible. Until then... I'm off to rehearsals.

I love it when Clay posts a nice long blog, but I've found that he is very good at communicating with just a few words too

Waves to ladyj and thanks to couchie for missing me!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

This just in from the BAF Golf Outing!

REPORT FROM THE FRONT

60 carts - 2 players per cart - 120 players signed up - this is a VERY GOOD turn out! (Do the math..)

The country club and the club house is beyond beautiful and classy!

The golfers are signed in and having a gourmet breakfast right now.

They anticipate being done playing around 4 - 4:30 and we will meet them at the country club at 5, I know caperkeeper doesn't get home from work until 6:15 to 6:30 so we will cell cert unti,l and if we can get the stream going.

Big plaque that says WELCOME TO THE BUBEL /AIKEN FOUNDATION ANNUAL INCLUSION TOURNAMENT

WHERE EVERY CHILD DESERVES TO BE FULLY INCLUDED IN LIFE

WE ARE WORKING TO MAKE FULL INCLUSION A REALITY

Signed..........Clay Aiken

at the bottom - BUBEL /AIKEN FOUNTATION SERVES TO BRIDGE THE GAP THAT EXISTS BETWEEN YOUNG PEOPLE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS AND THE WORLD AROUND THEM.

WE SUPPORT COMMUNITIES WITH INCLUSION AND TOGETHER CREATE AWARENESS ABOUT THE POSSIBILITIES THAT INCLUSION CAN BRING.

More as we know it!

JEROME AND CLAY ARE STANDING IN FRONT OF MY HUSBAND RIGHT NOW.................HE'S IN THE HOUSE yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(These reports are from Katy4clay at the CV!)

ldyjocelyn

I'm one that hates "overselling" something -- the reason why I've never seen "Forrest Gump" is because almost EVERYONE I know thinks it's the best.movie.ever!

But, see...sometimes enthusiasm is justified and, in the case of this movie, avoiding seeing a movie just because it got "oversold" may be robbing oneself...just as those who refuse to listen to Clay because of some prejudice or other against him are missing out (in my opinion). I won't say "Forrest Gump" is the best.movie.ever, but I love Tom Hanks...and he made me believe he was the character he was playing. Funny, warm, sincere, quaint, sad, and triumphant. A slice of a unique life during tumultuous times seen through innocent eyes. I've seen bits and pieces of this movie dozens of times, as it has been aired on television over the years, and even so, some scenes still make me laugh out loud. Maybe it's from my experiences working with "special" adults and my memories of some of the things my grandmother used to say. Anyway, some lazy afternoon when you don't have anything else to do, I hope you'll give it a chance. Shoot...it's been out since 1994...so I think you can safely watch it without anyone crowing "I told you so!" lol

atinal

Only the label she used was "queer", which shows that labels go back a long way.

That was actually the word my husband used, when Clay first entered our house, and there never was a frostier freeze than the response he got from me. I don't think he had any idea what deep doo-doo he was stepping in when he took that tone with me. hee

aikim EEEEEEE!!! Thanks for the update! Can't wait to hear more.

Y'all...am I the only one catching myself grinning for no reason these days, only to realize I'm thinking about Clay Aiken in Spamalot?

Mornin'!

I decided not to buy a Spamalot playbill because it didn't seem as though Clay was going to get much attention in it, until I saw CarolinaClay's blog where she described headshots, bios...Now I've got one ordered.

Likewise the FCA pins...I've ordered a couple. I also hadn't realized that some monies go to BAF. Very cool!

It's obvious from Caro's blog how much work she puts into preparing it! It's like a whole 'nother job for her.

Couch Tomato, is it really your birthday? If so, have a good one!

aikim beat me to it! More from Katy4Clay at CV:

DH JUST SHOOK JEROME'S HAND, JEROME SAID HE COULD TAKE CLAY'S PICTURE LATER, HE'S HAVING BREAKFAST NOW.

BLACK POLO SHIRT - BLACK JEANS -BLOND HAIR - LONG - NO GLASSES

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Who needs caffeine when we've got Clay Aiken?!

Also from toni2marie regarding Quiana starting in Dream Girls this week:

Cute video interview with Quiana! She talks about Clay too!

http://news14.com:80/content/headlines/591...gh/Default.aspx

ETA: :praying: for chacha's request.

heee.... yes the board did break. It's been down all night. I guess they moved us to a new server and it would have been nice if I had more than 6 hours warning that I didn't see until after it they went down and I went into withdrawals

I was in panic mode last night when I kept getting the error message.

:cryingwlaughter:

Good to see we're BA-A-A-ACK!!

Y'all...am I the only one catching myself grinning for no reason these days, only to realize I'm thinking about Clay Aiken in Spamalot?

Umm, hardly! :lilredani:

More from Katy4Clay at CV:

DH JUST SHOOK JEROME'S HAND, JEROME SAID HE COULD TAKE CLAY'S PICTURE LATER, HE'S HAVING BREAKFAST NOW.

EEEEEEE, it's Sir Robin! :)

Ooooh, he sounds so handsome, in all black, blonde hair and NO GLASSES!!! EEEEEEEEE! Can't wait for pictures!!

From Katy4Clay at CV:

DH ASKED JEROME IF HE COULD SPEAK TO CLAY AND HE SAID FINE AND HE TOLD HIM HIS WIFE HAD BEEN TO OVER 40 CONCERTS AND WAS A BIG FAN. HE SAID SO 'WHERE'S KATY' AND HE SAID I WOULD BE THERE TONIGHT, THEN HE SIGNED HIS GOLF CARD AND PUT "HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATY" ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never had such a birthday present in my LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thread title?

no it's not my birthday..sorry..was just very happy to have something I said turn into a thread title.

I know I know, can't take some people anywhere hee.

thanks for the reports ya'll!!

Also from toni2marie regarding Quiana starting in Dream Girls this week:

Cute video interview with Quiana! She talks about Clay too!

http://news14.com:80/content/headlines/591...gh/Default.aspx

You can really hear her Charleston accent! She sounds a leetle tired!!!

heh

Something she and her BFF Clay can share, I'm sure!

I missed the board last night, too! I had one of those 'it's Sunday and I don't wanna go back to work tomorrow so I'm going to stress about everything I possibly can and not go to sleep until sometime after 2:30 AM' nights. Grrrrrr.
annabear, you are me! (I?:huh:)

Oh dear god in heaven...."black polo shirt, black jeans, long blonde hair and no glasses" ? :blink::Thud::hubbahubba: :th74:

GAH. THAT. IS.ALL.

From the Clayboard, via CV:

I just got a call from Toooldtobehere (Sharon). She said the weather is gorgeous and Mirasol is a very classy course. Her sister LOVTHEWINK (Sally), is signed in and taking practice shots right now. The scramble begins at 11:45. Diane Bubel is at the registration desk and os registering and welcoming the golfers. She also recognized Sharon from a past meeting. Gary Player is there, but she doesn't see anyone else she knows right now. The auction merchandise is set up on tables and there is lots of autographed Clay items. Magazines, pictures, cd's, etc.. The bidding ends at 6 pm. Clay arrived yesterday, but she has not seen him yet. She has promised to call when she sees Clay.

I'm glad to see we have other reporters there. Should be a good day.

More from Katy4Clay at CV:

THE GOLFING DOESN'T START FOR ANOTHER 1/2 HOUR, DH IS AT THE PRACTICE PLACE AND CLAY AND JEROME AND MINGLING WITH THE FOLKS IN THE CLUBHOUSE. I WOULDN'T THINK HE WOULD ACTUALLY BE PLAYING EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WILL KEEP YOU POSTED AS I HEAR FROM THE FRONT!!!! DH SAID HE IS VERY PERSONABLE AND FRIENDLY AND NICE AS CAN BE. I SAID DID HE THINK I WOULD CARE SO MUCH IF HE WAS JUST SOME IDIOT POP STAR? I SUPPOSE NOW HE WILL WANT TO TRAVEL WITH US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought he wasn't going to play golf? Maybe he's just getting the tournament started.

I don't know about the tournament, but the description of him and the image of him standing there sure got ME started!--- long and lean, bending over the tee...focusing....turning his head again and again to 'get a line' on the shot...blonde hair moving with him....arms taut....hands tight around the shaft (muski takes a moment)...long, strong fingers flexing over and over....big feet treading the turf as he shifts his weight, hips swaying as knees bend...maybe---just maybe---tongue flicking out to moisten chapped lips or teeth grasping that tortured bottom pink shell lip in concentration....then...the backswing...

whoa.

From Katy4Clay at CV:

CLAY IS GETTING READY TO TEE OFF AND DH IS TAKING PICTURES

I thought he wasn't going to play golf? Maybe he's just getting the tournament started.

EEEEEEEEEE! Again.

I missed the board last night, too! I had one of those 'it's Sunday and I don't wanna go back to work tomorrow so I'm going to stress about everything I possibly can and not go to sleep until sometime after 2:30 AM' nights. Grrrrrr.
annabear, you are me! (I?:huh:)

Sucks, huh?

Oh dear god in heaven...."black polo shirt, black jeans, long blonde hair and no glasses" ? GAH. THAT. IS.ALL.

Yep, GAH pretty much sums it up.

ETA: Looks above and sees that the lack of sleep has in no way imared muski's imagination!!! :whistling-1:

From Katy4Clay at CV:

CLAY IS GETTING READY TO TEE OFF AND DH IS TAKING PICTURES

yeah probably like the first pitch at a baseball game...but if he is indeed playing...that will be soooo cool.

Muski, you're killing me!! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGG!! You had to go and write that, as if just the description of his appearance wasn't enough to send me into overdrive already!

This is my only day off this week, and I have a LONG list of things to do. So, here I am sitting at the computer instead, reading and posting about a golf tournament happening in Florida. And my sister and brother-in-law are coming over in an hour. Yikes! I'd better get going!

But I'm sure I'll be back ....