American Idol 7

Ansamcw

I don't think its the fact that these kids had some experience thats the problem...its wondering whether these kids were planted in AI by the different recording companies to get some exposure and give them a second chance or just give them exposure before coming out with their first CDs. It is also the fact that they were not so straight forward with the stories. This has been a complaint by online idol fans since they tried to present Carrie as an inexperienced farm girl. This guys listing of all the experiences of the idols just underlines the fact that idol is not always very honest in their background stories. I am also bothered by the fact that Randy was A&R in the company that spent 2 million on Carly. This explains his over the top praise of her vocals and explains why Simon seem to be unwilling to stick out his neck for her. The fact is...the girl just is not that good!

I disagree with the OC reg article in that they are comparing Clay making a few demos to Carly being groomed bya record label - not the same! Ruben had a band? well, so did my brohters, still not the same. Diana was an experienced actress? Was she on a regular show popular with teens like Garrett? I don't think so, maybe she did some commercials or appeared on a local show.

Yes, people have always had experience, and yes AI always lied about it, but there is a degree of difference we are talking about here. There is also the very strong and long held belief of mine that people are recruitecd and bypass the process, this year, it seems like more than ever did that (i.e. what Ansa said), where they did not wait in lines, but were walked in by agents.

Taylor put out some independent CDs, but there is no way I believe he was recruited by AI. Yes, he had loads of loacal experience, but no one really heard of him. Carrie is closest to Brook in being nourished and trained by a label, but not actually produce a CD.

I think that the OCreg story is the AI line put out by Nigel and is very mnisleading and insulting to the people mentioned, like, say, Clay, who we know had to stay in line and send the night next to Keith and had to listen to him sing over and over, without going crazy.

its pretty interesting though when you mention this to people who simply watch the show and do not follow the online discussions. They really get disappointed because they believe the stories that the put on. To me it really does not matter that david was on star search but that did disappoint this friend of mine that liked him. But in the end...it didn't make her not like him, she just wondered why they bother to hide these things.

I think the only thing that would truly hurt AI is if there are proof that the labels have any say on who gets to go to the top 24. In the end...these kids will have to impress and connect with the public. Whatever pimping randy does of Carly won't make her more appealing and talented. They do still have to prove themselves

So far, not impressed yb Michael, such a lack luster song. Professionals should give their all all the time. maybe he still has the crud.

Castro did Your Everything, but Klo did it better. I like that Simon is dissing his soung choice, like he hada lot to choose from

Luke Menard (Luke he is your father) did a theatrical song, which Randy liked for it's theatrical sound, but Simon called him on it ans said that was not good. It was soooo much of a patter song. Never heard it before though.

I am totally disagreeing with Simon tonight...

I really loved Jason and Luke tonight...

I loved Jasons version of I just want to be your everything. I really agreed with Paula that he did his own interpretation and is something that I'm sure teens would love.

He was also totally charming in his interview...so GAH...

Luke...first time I heard that song and now I can see the strength of his vocals..I like his voice...once again I agree with Paula.

Micheal Johns...MEH...very pitchy.

and Yuck...David is getting pimp spot...I am getting sick of the pimping already.

I know what simon means about Robbie...his voice really lacks an edge. The band seem to be rocking...but his voice is too pop. Its good voice...but not a rock voice.

ok...for the record...I posted before randy answered. so eerie..

see yeah...the vocals were ok...nothing wrong with it, just not intense and edgy enough

Robbie Carrico singing a regular rock song, seemd to have a lot of energy and seems on key. I think he is OK, not as good as the original. What is this called? Hot blooded?

ha ha Randy and Foreigner, hee - Randy not impressed, still better than what came before.

Simon seems to be on a disagreement road, he is opposite of everyone.

I wandered in late caught Luke and Robbie - not impressed - and Robbie's hair totally looks like a wig. I should know.

OK - Can Danny be any more melodramatic? I mean, honestly, William Shatner would call him on the overacting - and frankly his voice isn't good enough to pull off Superstar.

Robbie Carrico singing a regular rock song, seemd to have a lot of energy and seems on key. I think he is OK, not as good as the original. What is this called? Hot blooded?

ha ha Randy and Foreigner, hee - Randy not impressed, still better than what came before.

hee...For me... I would put him third tonight. I have Jason and luke then Robbie. The thing is since I haven;t heard Luke's song before...I don;t know if its karaoke. I jut love kooky songs like that. Is it a Queen song? Jason was definitely not karaoke...don;t know what Randy was thinking cos he was really paying around with the song to fit his voice...but Robbie was karaoke.

Yikes....this kid is flat from the first line...

he does not have the vocals to pull this off.

Danny Noriega - superstar - I wonder if the judges will mention Ruben? Clay out sang him. never sing anything Clay sang. period.

David Hernandez. Papa was a rolling stone - another theatrical version - to my ears. Something is missing, just not capturing me. Maybe it is because Clay is sick, everyone sounds worse? Naw, they just suck. he had good tempo beat.

Ranyd loved it,

Now see, I loved Hernandez - PWARS is a balls to the wall kind of song - and he worked it out for me. See, I never saw the "soul" in Elliott - but something about David speaks to my tastes...he's worth watching for me.

Was AI on last night? Hell, it was wasn't it?

Oh well.

Now see, I loved Hernandez - PWARS is a balls to the wall kind of song - and he worked it out for me. See, I never saw the "soul" in Elliott - but something about David speaks to my tastes...he's worth watching for me.

Was AI on last night? Hell, it was wasn't it?

Oh well.

Nope KAndre...no AI last night...hee

ITA with david and Elliott...I do like Davids voice better...I hope his being in the middle won't make people forget him.

Ai just seems like it is always on.

I like David H, but he just did not do the best version of that song, did not make it his own, there was something missing for me, maybe believability, it was jsut a song to him,he did not inhabit it. Wasn't really singing about his Papa.

Justin Yeager next, or Moon River boy as some may call him. A Taylor like song. He does have some different tones in his voice, but I don't know enough about music. Very soul partrol.

GAH this guy is sooo cheesy....I call that cruise ship singing...hee

the problem is he does not have soul singing it.

but wow he was obviously upset...I really think Ryan should just let these kids go back and get over it instead of extending their torture...

I kind agreed with Simon there...too much drama already...

eh, I believed him.

Oh man, now Jasonis epitomizing bland freakin' pop to me. That was totally blah. And how in the world did he manage to make a completely black outfit make him look pudgy?

Me 'n Ansa just sharing the brain!

That boy wouldn't know soul if it bit him on the ass!

What did CHekeezie say!?!?!?!

Simon hit it on the head with me re: David J - no charisma. He's OK to good on the guitar; OK to good on the song choice (man, I love 70's song); he sang it OK to good - there simply wasn't a hook.

And the camera man hates him - what was UP with those camera angles? Most of the straight on shots made him look like he had no neck and we were almost looking up his nostrils - none of the angles were at all flattering...

Luke needs to give up the wig!