American Idol 7

Ansamcw

I think Ramiele can have a big enough voice...what she lacks is conviction and just the eprsonality to really use her voice to its maximum. I think another singer could;ve really taken that song to another level with some vocal runs...she gets a bit of it then it seems like she holds back. I think she is just musically...very very immature.

David...oh he does have range...he often goes for high range and he showed off his falsetto on this. I remember his billie Jean had this glory note that was quite impressive and much better than the Chris cornell version. What I like about David is that its not just shouting when he goes for the big notes. He is certianly more pleasant to listen to than Daughtry.

GAh Jason is too cute...

WOW...I am really liking Dolly's songs...who knew.

I really love the vibe Jason gives...he is definitely not the best singer in the competition but I love his relaxed style. This is what is very popular with kids nowadays. He is sooo contemporary and natural.

David Cook - I like him best of who's left - and I like what he did with Sparrow, but again agree with Simon, not as good as last week, and there was something sort of generic about his arrangement.

Poor Ramiele - I want so bad for her to pull it off, but the chick is weak, and was WAY off in spots. She needs to go home.

Jason - who's hair I still cannot stand - was just meh to me.

I just didn't LIKE Carly's HYCA - it seemed like a bastard child of Clay's and Dolly's - and didn't have the good points of either. I might be a little biased though.

Mistake, Carely! Singing Clay's version, and making it a glory note song. Pfffft

Jason is a good singer, the world is full of good singers, nothing special to me.

but see...there is something more than just a good singer with Jason...he has a charm and this likeability that goes beyond his voice. He also has a musicality that is annate in him that Ramiele lacks...he knows how to make a song work with his limited vocal range. That is why I say that even if he is just a good singer...he really is finding an audience in this show. I do believe he will probably be one that will have a fairly good career post idol. At this point ...if he has decent original songs..I can see myself checking his CD out.

So far, none of the singers tonight are making me think, "hmmmm, I'd like to hear more". David Cook managed that last week and I hunted down a couple of full versions. Nobody is blowing me away. I think the Clay/Whitney/Mariah thoughts have spoiled me!

I'm not seeing anything in Jason honestly, I couldn't tell you what he sang last week and I find him just...boring. Not even seeing charm - nothing in him to make me pay any attention to him - just basic "dude".

What I really wanna do is whack every insincere wretch waving their arms arrhymthically in the air!

David A. - boy's got talent, I can't deny it. I just can't stand him. Don't like him - and I don't know why. It's like Groban, except I don't not like Groban, I can only listen to about 2 minutes and I gotta find something else to do. David A started singing, and I left before his performance was done. Now that felt "preachy" to me. He's selling hard but I just ain't buying.

Kristi - another bleh performance.

Syesha - yeah, I had to leave before she finished. She should have tried Dolly's arrangement. Dolly had the emotionalism that would let you get away with a little grit in your voice - Whitney didn't really have a lot of emotion in it - her version was really clear, pure and almost bell-like in its perfection. Feh. I didn't even stay to see if she screamed.

I grant Jason the charm, but it is still not heavy duty charm. Still a lot of radio stars have no voice and no charm for me.

Heh, David A - we think that some people have categorized Clay as ballad bouy - ballads are the only thing this guy seems to be able to do. I wonder if he will get criticized for that or if they will be happy he is back in his box? They are really tryingto make Archie - Clay 2.0.

Yeah, they are happy he is back in his box. I get thrown by (very shallow) his childlike looks, and so don't appreciate his voice, it seems to Josh Groban lite..

heh heh, I said bouy instead of boy. my fingers have a mind of their own.

TO me...its David A that leaves me totally cold. I can see that he has a good voice but its the type of voice that I always find forettable...I guess KAndre, you and I always had very different musical taste. To me Clay is my anomaly. I don;t usually go for glory noting big voice and dramatic singing. I appreciate the talent like Whitney, Maria, Celine and Clay...but I never become a fan until Clay. My usual style of artist really is like David C, Jason and Brooke. To me David A is what always bored me...good steady singing without real personality and spice. I think that is what made me a Clay fan...its the personality that comes through the performance. For me...David A is pretty boring.

Kristy - pffft, why do they still want her and don't use the judges comments to get rid of her, the kill withfaint praise comments.

Clay is not an anomaly for me, as much as I resist it or deny it, I like storyteller songs, and I am attrracted to male tenor voices. Glory notes are not required, but can be thrown in for effect. I think Clay thinks we want it more than most do because that was the way to win idol for sure.

Syesha and I will always love you. off into Whitney land! Missed a few notes and not loving the last glory note. Trenyce was better.

Sayesha...not very good camera skills...she looked to the moving camera too soon...made her seem soo concious of it.

This arrangement is a bit awkward...the phrasing is a bit off...she seems tentative really

bad choice sitting on the piano...I really don;t like the long note in the end...its self indulgent. blech

oh I got totally turned off by sayesha...I can tell she was totally surprised that Simon was not loving her version...she really thought she hit it out of the park...but he was right...it totally paled in comparison.

OK Michael Johns did himself no favors in the clip of singing in front of Dolly.

how so I wasn;t paying attention. THat was a good performance though. I am really surprised with Dolly's song...I don't know any of them but I agreed with paula...good melody, lots of hooks and pretty bluesy.

Yeah, I love dramatic singers - and David A definitely ain't one. Hell, I don't even think he could do a "glory" note if he wanted - the glory is missing!

The acoustic singer and his guitar strumming along has always bored the hell out of me - the only two I can think of off the top of my head are James Taylor and Paul Simon - but Taylor did have that purity of voice I love - and I just love Paul Simon's stuff. Gimme some serious rock, some serious R&B, or some serious ballads and I'm happy.

Michael Johns went a little gospel - and I'm still going "meh".

Dolly can kick all their asses.

And none of them can work the camera like my boy Clay. Syesha was especially awkward.

Hmmm....well,

David Cook was more enjoyable for me tonight than in some other performances of his. Liked his reaching for a few notes outside the safe range....

Brooke---meh..nope.

Kristy---meh. nope.

Carly---sorry. Just can't be feelin' it. Dolly's was one version...Clay's is another. The end.

Ramielle---bless her heart. She shows her power from time to time, but she just can't hang, you know? I thought Simon was right on with his assessment of her performance tonight.

Jason---I actually thought he sounded the strongest he ever has....not good enough, of course. But better.

Sayesha---okay..meh. No threat to Whitney, of course.

Michael---I've never really been a fan, but again I'm with Simon---this is the best I've heard Michael sing---that was HOT!

David---I think he has a very sweet, good voice. And I agree with some who say he seems to be Ballad Boy--at least when he's done faster, different songs he's been less than, you know?

By the way, I would give my left boob to hear and SEE Clay sing the song Michael did---"It's All Wrong, but It's All Right"... :Thud::DoClay::hubbahubba:

I'm watching, too. I still find AI entertaining.

David Cook - far and away my favorite. I'd buy his music right now. His sound and style are a good match for my personal taste.

David A - boring. A good voice isn't enough.

Ramiele - time to go home. Sweet girl, decent voice, but not consistent. I don't think there's anything more there.

Sayesha - has her moments. I don't think she deserves to go yet, but she might. Pales...yep, good description. Still good, though

Carly - just don't like her. The way her face contorts when she's glory noting (not my thing anyway) is very distracting to me. Yeah, she can sing, but she doesn't make me want to listen

Michael - not sure yet. My reaction to him varies from week to week. Last night was the most interesting to me. I'd also love to hear Clay sing that song.

Kristy Lee - aw, I sorta like her. I like the tone of her voice. Now if she only had some emotional connection behind it...

Jason - good vibe, potential to be really interesting. Not a great voice, but his style doesn't require that. The thing is, I'm starting to think that what looked like laid back early on might turn out to be empty. Who knows? I want to hear more from him. His sound and style are appealing to me. Now if he only could get rid of the Blossom look.

Is there anyone else?

Oh, right

Brooke - losing me. I liked her at first, but last night was boring to me. I hope she stays around, though.

KAndre, I have a similar reaction to Josh Groban. A few minutes and I've had enough. I can admire his talent, but I don't enjoy hearing him sing.

Ai started - so far the annointed are not in the bottom 3.

I had to laugh about Simon's comment about Carley's choice of clothes because I had the TV on at lunch and some stupid show or another was talking about how AI has become a style leader and top designers are now involved in the show. So does that mean the contestants do not have to show for thier clothes anymore? They did nto go ionto it, they just started talking about Jordan's (fugly) dress last year and how expensive it wouldhave been had she paid for it. Disconnect!!!

I guess what bothers me so much about the group sings are they way they are done, iwith everyone singing the same song but a few lines here and there. You know how people are always talking about connecting with a song - how can you do that when person a has 2 lines someone else has 4 lines.... etc. Of course taht is how they did What the World Needs Now....

Oh, I heard on some board or another they taped Jordan's appearance last night. I guess Idols don't have to sing live anymore.

heh, here come the Clark Brothers singing a cover song. does this mean Clive hate them, too? They were loud, I think I tuned out and can't tell you if they are good.

The Ford commercial may have been amusing, but it just seemed wrong inthe way it was presented, I didn't watch it close enough, but the girls cheer as the guys play against one guy and show off their street game?

OH, I just noticed Carley is wearing sleeves!

Dave Cook explains the trip to the hospitale, he is OK.

Ramiel hits the bottom3, Kristy hits the bottom 3

BO Bice interviewed, but did not perform??? Interesting. He looked happy.

And Brook hits the bottom

IGB advertised.

Dolly singing, not coming out good, sounds like she has false teeth. But she is really singing, no lip syncing for her.

I hate when they ask the judges, because SImon already admitted he knows the results before the show, it is probably in his contract.

AAACCCK and Kristy is safe for another week. Bye Ramiel.

As a little side bet with some friends, I had the bottom 3 & the elimination right this week. Didn't see any of the interviews or performances for flipping back & forth with Ghost Hunters.

I would have preferred it if Kristy left first cos I really don;t like her...but I think it is about time that ramiele went before she gets some kind of backlash. She has a good voice but her perfromance style and musicality needs to mature a lot more.

I have been watching the you tube clips of the Clark Brothers from NGAB. I don't think this was their best performance cos they seem a bit nervous but I have been very impressed by them. They are incredible musicians and they are making me like Blue Grass...who knew?

Like annabear, I was switching between AI and ghosthunters......Kristy has gotten quite a steely in-your-face attitude. Understandable, but unattractive.

I didn't realise Ramielle was so tiny. I don't think she has shown us her real voice; on the other hand, prolly she realised that since she was not a chosen one, it doesn't matter.

Michael is my favorite; for me, everybody else is predictable. David A looks too scared or something, he is too young to be there, emotionally, IMO.

Is Leona Lewis going to be on? I keep waiting for Simon to tell people right out that they are not as good as her.

I couldn't believe it when Kristy came out with that note about her being in the bottom three! WTF? Actually, she seems as though she WANTS to go home and has seemed that way to me for a while. She's an odd duck, IMO. Ramielle is just not ready for stardom. The poor girl seems so very fragile and scared. Her voice CAN be amazing, but her emotional age seems too young to deal, you know?

I'm going to be interested to see how far Brooke goes. Stylistically and vocally, I don't see her being any more versatile than Jason.

I can't get over how much 'nicer' Simon seems this season---lots of winks and smiles at the contestants and actual conversations, you know?

On a side note, I was actually feeling a little sorry for Dolly...her voice is losing some of its oomph and with all the plastic surgery she's had on her face, it's sorta creepy. I've liked her through the years for the most part and still do, but it was kinda weird. She seemed so super-bubbly and effusive re: American Idol, you know?

Hi Everyone,

Just saw American Idol and I'm devastated. Two Lyric Street Artists showcased on American Idol as I sat and watched is a slap to the face. I know you guys always have supported me so I come to you for help and Advice. I just don't know what to do anymore. I put my heart and soul into this album hoping that everyone would enjoy a piece of me. I just wish there was a way to get it out to everyone who supported me on my first album but I just don't know how anymore. It hurts when the show that created you and supported you acts like you don't matter. What hurts even more is my Label chose not to support me by putting there (sic) other artist on the show knowing my album was out this week. I'm sorry, I just wish someone could help me understand.

Thanks Always

Josh G.

found this on twop..I guess Josh posted it on his myspace. Some are saying the trouble is really with his lable.... this is a hard business.

I just listened to the studio versions of some of Jason's songs in Itunes...I love him. I love how he plays with the song. He has such a cool vibe and a great recording voice. At this point...he may be the first AI contestant that gets me to buy his CD after clay.

I really like this season. I am loving so many of the contestants and do think most of them are very talente.

I am ready to see kristy and Sayesha gone. I wish Chickezie is still in.

My rankings as of now...

David cook

Jason castro

Brook white

Micheal johns

Carly smithson

David A

Sayesha

Kristy

U read that about Josh yesterday and then there was the question and answer interview where he more or less took responsibility for the problems with the label and with his wife! He claims to have let success go to his head and now he has learned to be humbled by his earlier album not being released. Guess he doesn't want to be that humbled.

I will have to look for the interview and post it in his thread. I found it very sad.

I think when you look at this as a business that you understand that caring for the "artists" is not a high priority, making money is. It is hard enough to do a desk job and get reviewed on your performance when there are co-workers and underlings who can create problems where there should be none. When you are an artist, you are thrown off you game by all sorts of uncontrollable outsideeffects with millions of unique clients. It is a rough business when people are the products. When I consulted we used to call our sales people pimps, because we felt we were being displayed and making promises that could not be kept when we interviewed with clients. I had to come to terms with the way business was done, - yes IT consultants being given the extra push by the sales people bribing the clients with coke, or prostitutes, or even weekend trips on their boats behind the scenes (shhh, we were not suppsoed to know about this stuff, office gossip, well that and having to threaten to quit if people in the office did not stop doing drugs in front of me. I was in one ATF drug raid, rifles and all, and that was enough). And we only had to impress one person.