American Idol 7

Ansamcw

Whoa...I was thinking how the pressure really starts showing a this point. The only thing that can save Jason is his fans and their fast fingers on the phones. He really did NOT sound good---never mind the lost lyrics. He's so freakin' cute though....and it's tooooo eerie how he makes me remember ( :hubbahubba: ) my college poet, bohemian boyfriend.

Ahem...

David Cook---LOVED "Teenaged Wasteland"...He sounded like he was in concert on a successful tour. He'll sell mucho buckos worth of CDs and I betcha RCA is salivating...Didn't hear his first song.

Sayesha---I like her and I actually liked Proud Mary. I thought her Change Is Gonna Come was moving and she looked amazing. But she personifies 'pitchy', doesn't she? I have no idea what kind of fanbase she has.

David A....boring. Just boring. Same ole' same ole'...and I have to agree about the love song emoting and the pubescent body doing the emoting....just yuck. And I'm gagging on the judges' pimping of this kid. I can't figure whether they're TRYING to get the voters to vote for someone else, just to defy them! I mean, do they WANT him to win? Do they think he can be as commercially successful as David C?

And did any of you read somewhere that in one of those satellite interviews, Clay actually said something about not watching Idol because he was bored? If that's true, wouldn't that be sorta like...burning bridges? :uncertain:

Well, I did see that comment by Clay and I agreed with him. I turn on idol and fall asleep. I want to post with others, but this tiredness over takes me. I thinkhe may have meant he was bored by the question as well.

Best 12 Evah! Are they still saying that? Best top 4 evah? I think not.

Good grief why the praise for Archeletta - he sings the same damn song every week and sang it twice this week. anyone else would have been torn to bits over this, but he is praised and pimped to the hilt, was does the dad have on Nigel?

I know taste is subjective and some people like Archie, but can the tempo be subjective as well?

Other than that, Jason did not bring it, actually he failed worse. Syesha was pretty good, Cook was ok and good.

Well, I did see that comment by Clay and I agreed with him. I turn on idol and fall asleep. I want to post with others, but this tiredness over takes me. I thinkhe may have meant he was bored by the question as well.

Best 12 Evah! Are they still saying that? Best top 4 evah? I think not.

Good grief why the praise for Archeletta - he sings the same damn song every week and sang it twice this week. anyone else would have been torn to bits over this, but he is praised and pimped to the hilt, was does the dad have on Nigel?

I know taste is subjective and some people like Archie, but can the tempo be subjective as well?

Other than that, Jason did not bring it, actually he failed worse. Syesha was pretty good, Cook was ok and good.

well I understand why the ratings have been goign down...I think after this...if Jason is not in ...I will not be intersetd. I like David C...and I think he is the best rocker AI will produce..but I don't think he needs to win so not interested there. He will have a god career whatever happens

its a given david ending...so what else are we watching for.

Yeah Clay has been saying this again and again...and I don;t blame him. Lots of people have lost interest with this. I used to be able to talke about this with my BF and MIL...but they both are not interested this year.

very interesting...I read in an interview with Jason that he gets more letters an packages from fans than anybody. I don;t know if he was jsut exaggerating but if this is true..then AI must be truly scared.

I don;t want him to win ...just want him on the top 3

I also want to see if one of the davids could be knocked out just to ruin AI's David's finale.

Interesting reading your recaps from last night. I missed the show since I went to our local CD release party.

I totally agree with the boring comments. I don't know when I last actually sat & watched AI. I have it on in the background while I'm doing other stuff & if someone does something well enough to catch my attention, I may go watch for a few minutes, but that hasn't happened much lately.

Agreed....looks like that Sayesha, David C and David A final three is the likely scenario...harkens back to the second season with Kimberly, Clay and Ruben, except they are much more talented than this year's crew.

My two daughters have grown quite bored and don't even watch anymore. Although Alex DID come into the living room from her perch at the computer in the next room when she heard David C singing Teenage Wasteland...he was good on that one. And she came in when she heard Sayesha on her second song...and said, "That was....nice. She sounded....good."

Please, Alex....try to bridle that enthusiasm, 'kay? :cryingwlaughter:

Re: Clay and his 'boring' or 'bored' quote. I agree---I just would love to see him come on AI and sing Ashes and show 'em all how it's done. Plus, the lyrics of that song would be soooooo

INYOURFACE and FU if he sang it on AI...and I'm just petty enough to get a charge out of that! :lmaosmiley-1:

Chiming in late. I worked yesterday and my son forgot to record AI. Fortunately I had tivo'ed it at home so just finished watching it.

David C - I didn't think his first song was all that bad. I think the judges are trying to keep people off-kilter with their criticisms. I also think the expectations from them for this guy aren't really fair. Loved his second song. He kicked ass on it. Sounded SOOOOOO much better than the other 3.

Syesha - I'm not a fan. I know nothing other than what I like to listen to, but it seems to me she has a good voice but a relatively undisciplined voice - or untrained or something. She always trys to go OTT and it backfires on her. While I don't think Jason did a good job - I would prefer to see Syesha go tonite.

Jason - you want to take his adorable little head and shake him. It's like he isn't paying attention or isn't taking this seriously. His song choices have been awful. He doesn't have the best voice in the world but he does have a large fanbase (or he would be gone by now!) We KNOW he can sing well. But doing Bob Dylan and Bob Marley - not good for this competition. Too much comparision.

Which leads me to little David. Talk about picking safe songs. I'm glad Simon is seeing through him and not cutting him too much slack. I don't know why Randy and Pauler fall all over themselves. I think he has a nice voice for a 17 year old, the personality of a fence post (I'm repeating myself) and I sincerely hope he's the one that leaves tonite. Although - I doubt he will.

I still think we'll have an all-David final and I personally plan on voting my fingers off. Something I haven't done in 5 years.

p.s. After Clay's blog and rant tonite, I guess we know why we won't be seeing him on Idol. I don't think he burned a bridge. I just think they've moved on. Oh well.

I actually think the success of his appearance in 2006 hurt him. He really out shadowed taylor on that show...Its possible AI does not want that to happen again. I don;t think he burned briges...they did do a really cool feature on him that showed the CD.

I agree, Ansa. Hell, he overshadowed the whole show, including Prince, which is no easy feat! Sure, lots of people were talking about the AI5 finale, but Clay in particular.

Bo told his fans to write to AI to get him on. He wasn't scheduled and now he is. go figure.

I have to go with my sister, she gave up on the show a liong time ago, it is dead to me now.

But I will check the ratings in the morning. And laugh

So who got out? I didn;t want to watch it anymore but still interested if Jason survived ..

Ok just found out it Jason...soooo I don;t need to watch anymore. I know it will be a David Finale...I will just wait to see if David C can come out with a CD that I will like.

I'm pretty surprised Jason got cut......not that he didn't deserve it after last night's fiasco but I thought he would have the teenyboppers in his pocket! I really thought his fanbase would carry him...but, alas and alack.

I swear that if David Archuleta wins this competition I will never watch the show again. Ever. (well, unless Clay is on it!)

I think having Bo Bice on was a benign gesture. He isn't going to overshadow anyone and he isn't going to make Simon eat crow!

Well this is going to be interesting next week. Did anyone hear what the theme is?

I'm pretty surprised Jason got cut......not that he didn't deserve it after last night's fiasco but I thought he would have the teenyboppers in his pocket! I really thought his fanbase would carry him...but, alas and alack.

I swear that if David Archuleta wins this competition I will never watch the show again. Ever. (well, unless Clay is on it!)

I think having Bo Bice on was a benign gesture. He isn't going to overshadow anyone and he isn't going to make Simon eat crow!

Well this is going to be interesting next week. Did anyone hear what the theme is?

well top 3 is usually your choice, judges choice and producers choice before. Don;t know if they will do that again.

I really don;t care if Archie wins..I don;t think Cook needs to win at this point. I am just not interested in their machination right now. They went after Jason until the poor guy just lost his confidence. I read a recap of an interview with Byrd that Jason had that song cold...he knew it back and forth so she was stunned that he forgot the words. I don;t really like how they were even bringing out article that said he didn;t want to be there and that he isn't working hard cos according to friends...there is a poster on CH whose grandson is a good friend of Jason and visited him on AI, the guy works really hard. He is just really shy and not into all the attention they are getting.

Now I really didn't think he was going to win and based on vocals alone I would say Carly should have stayed longer than him. But I just hated the way the judges treated him. It was truly harsh and I think it was really designed to unnerve him. Not just last week but the week stupid Paula kind of revealed the script...the judging were harsher than needed. This week Simon and Randy seem to be angry at him. Of course the tool Ryan didn;t have to keep making it worse by pushing the judges.

But I really am not concerned about him cos I think he will get a good career from this. I will look forward to anything he puts out cos I really really love his recorded voice...I have all of his itunes performances and even Memory sounded really good. HE also has some really good pre AI performances that I found. I also think he has a very strong fanbase, I bet they just got sick of the treatment he is getting and thought that its probably time for him to go home. The same with Brooke, I;m glad she is out of there...I think they both have personalities and performance styles that don;t fit the bombastic endings they have anyway.

So I think this is the last week I will watch. The ending is obvious. Its a David finale and the winner will be...DAVID...hee

Oh boy - I totally agree with your remarks about Jason's treatment. I thought it was telling last night when he said his inexperience is showing. He had to have been feeling it! That also fits in with some of Clay's remarks about how "professional" (my word) the contestants are now and the innocence of Seasons 1-3 has been lost. I like Jason's voice and think I would like it even more when he's allowed to choose songs that fit him. I still think his Hallelujah was one of the brightest spots this season. The song played to his strengths and fit his style. I get the feeling that he didn't have alot of exposure to songs that were older than him. It seemed like he had trouble picking songs he knew - again from a few of his remarks. I hope some record company doesn't sign him and make him sing crap.

I actually like David Cook better than Chris Daughtery......less ego and less screaming. He probably doesn't need to win the competition but I just can't stand the thought of Little David getting the winner's attention. Blechhh.

I don't know. I did that see that uTube of him with some singer chick that was supposedly his girlfriend and he was playing in the band with her that night or opening for her or something. I dont' think he's a complete stranger to the entertainment world.

Most of the you tube I see for him are his band doing some local bar or singing.

the jason on MTV...he knew this girl Cheyenne that had a reality show on MTV and he was her love interest on a video she did. so its not really like a professional gig.

I really expect these kids to have bands that play on the local scene Clay had some stage experience too. But I don't think he had the extent of exposrue and experience and Micheal, carly and David A.

Cheyenne/video/ now I remember it.

I would think anyone who makes it to the top 32 or so on Idol has had some stage experience, local theater, etc. It just seems like Jason is a really shy guy (with THE most beautiful blue eyes - holey moley!) and wasn't comfortable singing stuff he hadn't known prior to the show. I can understand that. If my mind isn't completely gone, Clay has made comments about picking songs he had sung before because he knew them and knew he could sing them. I still feel that if Jason had had some guidance or had chosen his songs better he'd be in the final three instead of Syesha. But - hopefully he'll get a career out of this.

Phew! Just saw on the Comcast homepage where David Archuleta's dad was banned from backstage rehearsals for AI. Apparently he's been disruptive and last week changed the lyrics - despite warnings - to David's version of Stand By Me. A spokesperson for AI said he cost the show some money over this. I have a feeling that this will not sit well with the AI producers. And is this someone the record label wants to take on? The kid is underage so his Dad has at least until his 18th birthday to be a legal influence. Shooting himself in the foot I would say.....

GO DAVID COOK!!

Phew! Just saw on the Comcast homepage where David Archuleta's dad was banned from backstage rehearsals for AI. Apparently he's been disruptive and last week changed the lyrics - despite warnings - to David's version of Stand By Me. A spokesperson for AI said he cost the show some money over this. I have a feeling that this will not sit well with the AI producers. And is this someone the record label wants to take on? The kid is underage so his Dad has at least until his 18th birthday to be a legal influence. Shooting himself in the foot I would say.....

GO DAVID COOK!!

Yeah I heard he is like a stage dad from hell. Was he trying to change the lyrics to a more Christian version?

I don't know - to be honest with you, I usually go potty or get a glass of water when Little David sings. I really didn't hear the song except the beginning. Seems to me that something like this could seriously effect David's chances. You know, I have nothing against the kid other than I think he has no personality and acts wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too innocent. I would have probably liked him better if he had waited a few years for Idol because he does have a nice voice. He always looks scared to me...............maybe Daddy threatens him. Who knows. I wonder how Idol is going to handle this.

Yep...I really don't see Clay being WANTED on AI during the finale shows...Not so much for the Simon/crow thing, but just for the probability that Clay would become the watercooler talk instead of the present year's contestants.

Just because Clay is ALWAYS watercooler talk---his voice bowls people over and/or his newest 'look' will be dissected and/or he's so freaking funny and quick witted that he says something outrageously hilarious to/about Ryan and/or....

You get my drift.. B)

David Cook will win and bring in big bucks for the machinery. And absolutely he's better than Daughtry---David seems very, very musically talented, willing and able to change arrangements in interesting ways, and I bet he'd be a great concert. He's basically a pro already, having been the front man for more than one band, from my understanding. I just saw in People mag that Brooke White's CD that was released first in 2006 is now moving on up the iTunes charts after having been re-released immediately after her being ousted from AI... surprise, only not.

David A and his dad...I've always felt a mixture of discomfort and sadness around this guy. He's been 'groomed' since the day he revealed he has a voice and he seems so freakin' scared. God help us if he DOES win and does the interview rounds. (run away, run away, run away) I'm in the camp that thinks I'd rather listen to him in about ten years after he's had some life experiences to sing about.

This show is lame. My kids actually 'yuck' whenever it's mentioned now. They think it's boring and stupid. And AI nights used to be big family-together nights!