American Idol 7

Ansamcw

Better one water cooler talk than none. I think it was a matter of timing, Clay cut things close with Spamalot and that is it.

I mean, why bring prince on the finally if you are worried about idols being over shadowed. Why have Carrie on so often as she is the biggest seller? Wasn't Daughtry on this season as well?

Well, we can get back into the discussion about why Clay is different from all the other past idol winners and contestants..but Prince is another story altogether. Apples and oranges, imo.

Carrie is a successful WINNER...she's like the poster child for AI in a way---gorgeous, 'sweet', successful, award-winning, etc. Why wouldn't they like to have her on? She PROVES that AI produces winners and picks 'em good! But after she appears, is the buzz about her? Nope...if there IS buzz, it's still the show or the current contestants.

When Clay showed up on AI5? Hell, that was like some watershed historical event, if you believe the television, radio, internet...the watercooler! :cryingwlaughter: Uh...Taylor who? :lmaosmiley-1:

Never mind any 'behind the scenes' soap opera that might be between Clay and any or all of the AI players---that, I have no knowledge of so can't say. But 'knowing' Clay's personality and his competitive nature (see surprise hairdo of AI5), I'd imagine TPTB get a little nervous about him===

WHAT'S HE GONNA DO THIS TIME!??!!??!?! heh.

Yeah, I do agree that the ratings angle is a selling point for any Clay appearance; however, even with ratings that are less than previous years, it's still the #1 show...I doubt anybody's really sweating too much about ratings.

Oh, the boards are humming how they are sweating about the ratings. When the ratingsfget that high,they charge outrageous amounts to advertisers, AI is second only to the Superbowl in rates. When you charge that much,you have to provide a rating guarentee in the package, if the show does not have certain ratings some nights, they have to give back some money. Money and AI - hand in hand. This is also the first year AI has been beaten by regular shows. I thinkit was beaten by Dancing withthe stars and CSI and one other show. Add to that Nigel is saying it was down inthe ratings because of the writer's strike - Excuse me? Your writers were not on strike and it was supposed to help the show have higher ratings- OOps, someone forgot that little detail.

OK, I'm half-assedly watching AI....OMG, David A was mind-numbingly boring.

Bored, bored, bored....

Syesha was boring too. Boring, boring, boring.

Ooooh, good karaoke. But karaoke nonetheless

So, David A decides to switch it up a little and go more "youthful". More painful is more like. You know how NJUs think Clay can't sing fast stuff. Well, people like David A feed into that. That was horrific. And I don't particularly care for Chris Brown, but he deserved better than that.

And how we were talking about the lack of progression? The boy didn't even seem to know where his frickin' mark was. Feh.

Syesha did "Fever". Still incredibly bored, and for the first time, Simon was right in saying it was a cabaret performance, she even had a damn chair.

Cook did something by Switchfoot - who I don't like at the best of times - and this wasn't the best of times. Bleh.

David A - Longer. Man, I'm bored.

I was not going to watch but I thought I would check out David C's performance...First time...was not bad. I think that was the best he ca do with that...but it was so short that it failed to really create a moment.

Why am I not surprised that KAndre does not like Switchfoot...who I love...hee . I was so eager to see David C cover them...and blech...that was just sooo bad. He was pitchy..

Then I checked out his last performance...ok, this is just a bit too much with those strings behind him like that. I actually found the arrangement interesting but he was SOOOOO pitchy again...really ruined it for me.

Man, this show sucked.

Heh, Ansa, I am just so not into alt rock unless they are fiendishly good - I do like 3 Doors Down. R&B, soul, neo-soul, pop, some head banging rock, southern rock, a little country...that's me.

I am back. I am so bored with David A. I know he will be in the finals but can not figure out where he is going to fit in todays music. He surely can not sing the type of songs that the tweeny's will like and I for one will not buy the sappy songs he will sound the best on. I really think he needs to work on his stage presence.

Seysha I feel bad for because no matter what she would of done tonight they would of been critical of her. They do not want her in the finals.

David C did well on the last song but did not sell it to me. I sometimes wonder how they will support two rockers.

Not posters - just the stupid bloggers - over and over and over and over again. And some media.

I know David has fans, I am not one of them, he is lacking way to many skills to really make it. I hate his runs and well, so on and so on....

Well, my hubby thought all three of them sounded good! He thinks David A's voice is really beautiful. He thinks David C. is excellent (although we missed the Switchfoot song--I DID hear a pitchiness problem on other things from him last night, though)...and he's :hubbahubba: over Sayesha.

David C. will win...and that's okay. But DUDE! WTF is going on with the slobbering Randy is doing over David A? You'd think he's the second coming or something.... <_< I don't want him to win merely because I can't imagine seeing his face and watching him in interviews over and over on tv shows after the end of Idol...Holy shit. He looks like he's getting an enema whenever someone asks him a question and his answer is always uncomfortable and quite forgettable! Bless his baby heart.

Sayesha will end up doing some good Broadway, I betcha, and will be happy doing it too--or at least she SEEMS to enjoy that kind of thing...I think she's sounding much better these days than before in the competition, so she gets my prize for 'most improved'....

Ultimately, I don't give a shit, though.

Couchie's girl Fantasia just rocked American Idol--she was the bomb, y'all. She's a performer fully grown. Bo was good last week too. Although I'd have loved to see Clay, I think they've chosen well with those two. People who haven't had the "success" of Carrie or Kelly or Clay, for that matter, but are talented and polished artists.

Did she have the surgery already or is that her pre surgery voice? I was not impressed, back to top chef. They actually pulled me in for a while when they had the idols sing no stopping me now great comparison song. same arrangement.

Did she have the surgery already or is that her pre surgery voice? I was not impressed, back to top chef. They actually pulled me in for a while when they had the idols sing no stopping me now great comparison song. same arrangement.

Don't know about the surgery. I noticed the Ain't No Stopping Us similarity, except I don't really remember the trio--just Clay and Ruben.

Didn't you hear gbmifan? He's the new Clay Aiken and has all his old fans now.

Are you kidding? Are people really saying that?

I got a comment about this at work today. The comparison, what with the ballads, isn't totally out of left field, but this person actully had the nerve to say that David A. "was much better than Clay Aiken"! I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying :what_d_fuck: but I think my face said it anyway.

Ultimately, I don't give a shit, though.

You know, I think that just about covers it all.

To quote Sir Robin, Oh YES! Or Brother Maynard, Amen!

I know everyone has a opinion and sees thing differently, but that was the most god awful performance that I have ever seen from a previous winner on idol. I have never understood the Fantasia love, but I hated what she tried to sing. I just got screaming out of it and could not understand any words.

Well poor little David A looked like he was either going to puke, faint or wet his diaper when they announced his name. I thought David C. was going to have to carry him to the couch.

I like his voice, though, and I think he's sweet. But I can't imagine him singing 'today's music' either, so I just don't know where he'll fit in today's music world. Maybe today's music world will change.....which wouldn't be all bad.

David C. seems to be a genuine kind of guy, and seems nice. I live in the Kansas City area and it's been non-stop David C. hype this past couple of weeks. My son bears a slight resemblance to David C., and as he becomes more famous, people keep approaching him in bars and asking him if he's David Cook. He's actually hoping that he doesn't win. :cryingwlaughter: Too much pressure.