American Idol 7

Ansamcw

I did a lot of reading on other AI message boards today. Everyone, and I mean everyone, was talking about the pimping of David A and unfair criticism of David C. Oh, I also read many, many people could not get through on David C's phone lines...all 3 of them! Some even said when they tried to vote for David C the recording said "thank you for voting for contestant #2". Lots of pissed off people. Sound familiar?

A few people said David A forgot the words to Imagine (used different words). I did not notice it but they were very upset that David A was never criticized for never changing it up, always singing ballads, singing the same song twice. On the other hand I felt like something was off with David C last night. Maybe he has been reading the boards...so many people saying he would be much better off if he did not win. It reminded me so much of Season 2 (and I truly believe AI wanted that again)...right down to the boxing match. Ruben was never criticized. I'm not being mean (eek I sound like Simon) but he did have some bad nights. I'd say 90% of the people posting on those other boards do not like David A and wanted David C to win. It will be interesting to see who does (and whether David A faints before the name is called). If David A does win, I feel sorry for him. He is getting into a very nasty business and I wonder if he can handle it. I wish he had waited to audition for AI. In a few years I might like him. Oh another thing (you'll like this)...everyone was saying Clay owned DLTSGDOM...even those who did not like him. I kid you not. Some were even seeking out Clay singing DLTSGDOM on utube.

Hmmm do you think AI has seen the light and is pimping David A because they were wrong about Clay? If they are, I think it will backfire because I just can't see a 40-year old man in a 17-year old body selling too many CD's. Before you start throwing tomatoes....this is just my opinion. Look at the problems Clay has had and he has a much better voice. Now if David A sang younger songs it could be a totally different story. I agree with others...the interviewers have their work cut out for them.

Interesting reading today...because it did not come from "us".

Look at the problems Clay has had and he has a much better voice.
Thing is, though, DavidA is totally and completely bland. Clay is polarising.

I can't stand to watch DavidA, I think because he seems to be grimacing or something quite a bit. I just watched Clay effortlessly spin out DLTSGDOM on that finale, on Youtube - like someone said somewhere on the net at that time, Clay made it look as easy as walking around in the back yard. Archie is all tics and squints and nervous smiles and grimaces, I guess to try to "emote". He should have waited, but hey! in a few weeks there will be bad auditions stories trickling in for next season, the idols have a lot shorter shelf life these days.

Totally bizarre reported list of guest appearances this year.

MMMMM....Michael Johns - he and Carly looked and sounded great, no pressure any more.

This is bearable to watch because I can also watch Ghost Hunters at the same time.

Seal did not sound good for the 10 seconds I listened.

MMMMM....Michael Johns - he and Carly looked and sounded great, no pressure any more.

This is bearable to watch because I can also watch Ghost Hunters at the same time.

Seal did not sound good for the 10 seconds I listened.

I agree - Michael is soooooo good looking! Of course I agree about Ghost Hunters, too. I've been flipping between GH, AI and Puppy Bowl IV with some seriously CUTE and ornery little dogs! :lol:

Tonight's show's not on here yet, but as for last night? My hubby and I watched it together. He thought they both were great, though David A. was flawless! He heard some flat notes from David C (as did I) but really he likes David C's sound and musicianship and said he'd buy his record. I do think David C was off a bit last night...and I do think David A sounded as good as he sounds.

I just agree, though, re: the immaturity level of both his voice and his emotional demeanor. I see a young man who's being 'groomed' for stardom, maybe by that alleged stage dad or just from a lifetime of people gushing over his voice, but who is emotionally very, very young for his age. He makes me uncomfortable any time he's not singing---he seems so ready to cry or throw up or run away. Then when he's singing, he seems so affected that I'm still uncomfortable! I honestly can't IMAGINE him making the interview rounds..

David C will have a career, regardless. His voice is interesting---not beautiful or perfect or even strong, and I think he's going to have to be careful with it or learn how to sing differently in order to have it last---and he is a really good performer. I bet his concerts would be fun as long as he intersperses the rock with the soft stuff.

I gotta say that I felt like murdering somebody when one or more of the three stooges, during the sickening 'commentary', talked to David A and said something about how he's what this competition/show is all about--it's about finding the best SINGER, blah blah...

Such a fucking crock of shit.

And then can somebody tell me if Ryan even introduced Ruben? All of a sudden he was there and I don't even remember hearing his name! I think it's disgraceful, too, how AI has treated him. BTW, he DOES look like he's at least gained back the weight he lost and maybe even more. He looks unhealthy and if I were a friend or family member of his, I'd actually be very worried about his physical state.

Don't care who wins. The spin will be the same ole , same ole.

Puppy bowl = what channel is that? I need something better to watch

Animal Planet - Just finished the Bissel Kitty Half-Time Extravaganza! :cryingwlaughter:

Hey, ya'll! I'm watching the finale, too. Didn't get to see the show last night because I was performing in our final concert of the year. Right now I'm watching Kimmel skewer everyone - heee, he's funny! So, when does Carrie come on?

Hey, ya'll! I'm watching the finale, too. Didn't get to see the show last night because I was performing in our final concert of the year. Right now I'm watching Kimmel skewer everyone - heee, he's funny! So, when does Carrie come on?

I saw her at the beginning of the last 30 minutes.

Saw George micheals...he started a bit softly...but by one third of the song...WOW

WOW David Cook Wins!!!!

YAY!!!

by 12M votes

I think for the first time the harsh criticism and the extreme pimping last night backfired.

Wow! How did little David take it? I guess his dad will be upset, I feel a bit sorry for him.

yeah me too...he took it well just smiling...and I thought David was sweet he kinda looked at archie like are you ok?

very happy with this result...I think he truly deserved this...

First, I think that the judges were rallying the troops for Cook last night, it was just too crazy otherwise.

The problem with Cook winning is that he will not see his family very much for about a year. He has to do promotion in NY imme3diately and when that dies down there are various private committments. Then the tour and recording and then promotion for the new CD. It goes on and on. I imagine this will be tough on him with his brother and all.

Other than that , whatever.

very happy with this result...I think he truly deserved this...

Yep, me too.

First, I think that the judges were rallying the troops for Cook last night, it was just too crazy otherwise.

I said the same thing when we were talking about this at work today.

I really don't think that was reverse psychology at work...thats just too risky to do for the finale. There is just too many people that watch just the end that can easily be influenced by what Simon says. Its very possible thethe producers were pushing for Archie. In the end...I think they went for their usual tactics and people jut didn't go for it.

Wow! How did little David take it? I guess his dad will be upset, I feel a bit sorry for him.

I was wondering that too (about the dad) but little David actually looked relieved.

YEA DAVID COOK! There will be partying in Tulsa tonight since he lives here now.

As for Simon...he apologized to Cook! Whoa. But then I thought he bad mouths each at different times and raves about each at different times. That way no matter which way it turns out he was right.

I'm still laughing at the visualization of someone out there tonight deciding to turn on AI for the big Finale just at the moment the guy in white plumage was singing I Am Your Brother with Paula, Randy and the whole marching band. Why does that CMSU? It just does.

It was sooooo unforgiveably baaaaaaad. The influence of KAndre overcame me. That's my story.

I'm still laughing at the visualization of someone out there tonight deciding to turn on AI for the big Finale just at the moment the guy in white plumage was singing I Am Your Brother with Paula, Randy and the whole marching band. Why does that CMSU? It just does.

It was sooooo unforgiveably baaaaaaad. The influence of KAndre overcame me. That's my story.

I didn't watch but was just checking here to see who won and saw this.

OMG! Tell me you're kidding!!!

:cryingwlaughter:

And am I the only one who is glad that the Clay and Ruben finals were still had the closest vote totals??

I thought Archuleta would probably win it after the premature coronation of last night ... until the judges final words before the "verdict" when Simon said he realized that he was wrong to disrespect David Cook last night, and actually apologized to him. Then he said that, for the first time ever, he didn't care who won.

I'm still curious about what went on last night. Ya think the judges were intimidated by Archuleta's father?

ETA: CG, I'm NOT kidding. It happened.

I'm glad I watched the show tonight if only to hear that incredible song George Michael sang.

Whatever....but during that debacle that was the marching band and cheerleaders and that 2008 William Hung with a cape....my hubby looked over at me and said,

"You know what this show's become? It's like Pro Wrestling."

:lmaosmiley-1: :cryingwlaughter:

I have to say that the end of the show was cool. I've always liked David Cook and he seems to be a genuinely nice guy...I think he'll be hugely successful---he has the sound, the vibe...he's cute and personable...he's musically talented, probably writes his own stuff, certainly is cool about arranging things to his own style...he'll be a star.

David A...we might see him grow, who knows. He has a lovely voice that just might grow, too.