#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

According to artquest on CH:

There are kids here today and a whole new bunch of NJU, who are about to get their socks blown off. And when I think he'll be doing that regularly to NJS's for the next 15 weeks, I just start grinning all over again.

Back for the matinée. Standing Room Only! Yay, Clay.
:clap:

I am here...eating my words. My friend and I just purchased another set of tickets to see this while we are in NYC...so...now we see Clay on Friday night, Saturday night and "Young Frankenstein" on Sunday afternoon.

What has he done to me?

I am here...eating my words. My friend and I just purchased another set of tickets to see this while we are in NYC...so...now we see Clay on Friday night, Saturday night and "Young Frankenstein" on Sunday afternoon.

What has he done to me?

bwah Jumping Jacks. He gets you every time doesn't he.

What has he done to me?

bwah Jumping Jacks. He gets you every time doesn't he.

Aint that the truth. Sheesh. I'll have seen this show so many times, I could do the matinee for him if he needed a break! :cryingwlaughter:

heee some of you have met my lurker bud who traveled with me during DCAT. It was the first time she had traveled to see CLay and I was totally the enabler. She's totally sane heee. Well she just called me and is probably going twice to NYC. Heee and now she is the enabler.This is so ding dang fun to quote my boyfriend.

Heads up...Clay is in USA Week-end...The Sunday Supplement. Who's News by Lorrie Lynch...inside cover of the supplement. They used the Jenna Bush party picture and a quote from him about Spamalot:

"I'm a little bit apprehensive about it" says Aiken, 29 (regarding doing 8 shows a week), but he's looking forward to not traveling like he does on tour "It may actually end up being a little break for me"

Kim

From Artquest at the CH, she is at the matinee today:

This view in Row C is so different from last night's mezzanine angle. Some things are much better, like seeing Clay's face close up and some of the silly French stuff, which just love. Other things work better from higher up, like there was nothing to impede my view and getting the whole stage at a glance. Ncgurrl says that she can hear many of the bits better because we're not howling and applauding every time Clay dances or leers at a pretty girl or sings. At any rate, I'm enjoying the show very much.

We'll have to get an opinion from someone who sings about the differences in how Clay is singing. I said last night that he sounds much more "Broadway" in the best sense of the word. His voice is very full and resonant. Someone suggested it might be the sound system, and that might be responsible, but I think it must be more than that.

More later

I just rewatched the stage door clip again, and I have several thoughts. First of all....

*sniff*

Baby's a major celebrity now. It's kind of sad in a way to me, because we were there when it all started, and he's just grown by leaps and bounds. :whistling-1: But seriously, it's just amazing to me how much of a celebrity he is now, with that crowd.

Having said that...I'm thinking that after this weekend is over, the frenzy at the stage door will simmer down. I honestly don't expect that many paparazzi to be hanging out at the door every night (maybe just one or two) and I also think the fan ratio will go down as well. The representing lists on many of the boards for this past weekend are huge, but taper off after this weekend. We'll just have to see, won't we?

Is there ANYONE here is who is going to be going to NYC the weekend of March 28-30 to see the show? I think my husband sensed my major disappointment the other night, and he's warming up to the idea of me going (if I use my own money, that is -- and that's fine). However, he wouldn't be going, and I need to find someone to go with me. He won't let me go alone, which is really rather sweet of him. So....anyone out there? I'd probably just do Friday through Sunday to hold down costs. Another possibility for me is the weekend before Easter -- March 14-16.

From Artquest at the CH, she is at the matinee today:

This view in Row C is so different from last night's mezzanine angle. Some things are much better, like seeing Clay's face close up and some of the silly French stuff, which just love. Other things work better from higher up, like there was nothing to impede my view and getting the whole stage at a glance. Ncgurrl says that she can hear many of the bits better because we're not howling and applauding every time Clay dances or leers at a pretty girl or sings. At any rate, I'm enjoying the show very much.

We'll have to get an opinion from someone who sings about the differences in how Clay is singing. I said last night that he sounds much more "Broadway" in the best sense of the word. His voice is very full and resonant. Someone suggested it might be the sound system, and that might be responsible, but I think it must be more than that.

More later

I wouldn't be surprised if he does change the way he sings for this...he usually sings with a rather pop placement, which is different from the way Josh Groban would sing. I would think that for the songs he will be doing he would need a more classical placement like in the big number there are some glory notes too.

I just saw that too, JJ! :cryingwlaughter:

Forgive me for I have sinned.

I ordered another set of tickets for Spamalot without telling my traveling partner (because she's out of town!)

It's as though I was possessed!!!

Forgive me for I have sinned.

I ordered another set of tickets for Spamalot without telling my traveling partner (because she's out of town!)

It's as though I was possessed!!!

See, someday I think medical science will study us. We are all aware of 'The Aiken Fog,' but this here is a clear case of 'Aiken Madness.' Most prominent symptom is that no one really wants to be cured. Here's wishing you many more years of sickness. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ahhhh...I love his mussed up hair...ahhhh

I had the "Aiken Fog" hit me big time yesterday. After the show. we were standing in the crowd at the stage door and I was up pretty close. All of a sudden the stage door opened and there He was! Right in front of me! :hubbahubba: Later my friends asked me why I didn't get my Playbill autographed. I am kicking myself for not handing it to him to sign. But..... he was right in front of me.....he was standing there all gorgeous and so blond....right in front of me!!! All I could think about was GAH!!! Darn that Aiken fog!.

:DoClay:

amazed in nj -- very cool! You'll have a great memory to remember, even if you don't have a program signed. (Or the memory of what happened last night at that door. *g*)

More pictures via clayaikenpix.com (I'm sure laughn and kf posted a few of these earlier -- but I don't remember which ones!):

20080118-005-SpamOpeningNightCC5.jpg

20080118-006-SpamOpeningNightCC6.jpg

20080118-007-SpamOpeningNightCC7.jpg

20080118-009-SpamOpeningNightCC.jpg

20080118-010-SpamOpeningNightCC.jpg

20080118-011-SpamOpeningNightCC.jpg

20080118-013-SpamOpeningNightCC.jpg

20080118-015-SpamOpeningNightCC.jpg

20080118-017-SpamOpeningNightCC.jpg

20080118-018-SpamOpeningNightCC.jpg

From invisible926 at the Clackhouse.........re the Matinee.....

Just got off the phone with toni7babe. She said the place was packed!!! Lots of teens and men. He brought down the house with his big number. The Invisible bit was a riot. Audience was very enthusiastic - almost as loud as last night. She said he was spot on!

She said the stage door was MOBBED - young girls on their boyfriends' shoulders. Many NJU and young people. He signed lots of autographs. Wearing sweater with brown multi stripes. Hair not as messy as last night.

There are pictures of the stage door after the show at CV....he looks good!

Kim