#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

Was that enough of "a bit" to satisfy ya'll? And can you tell that my Photobucket account is groaning at the moment? And that I'm just a wee bit excited about these past 24 hours or so?

245050580-X2.jpg

245050813-X2.jpg

245050884-X2.jpg

245050806-X2.jpg

245050598-X2.jpg

245050960-X2.jpg

Love that last one, with his bow. This is so fantastic.

What a great time to be a Clay Aiken fan.

Finding out that the Knights Who Say Ni sang Invisible is as much a "fandoms colliding" moment for me as Clay skating on the ice with the figure skaters in Vegas. It is un-freaking-real. Amazing.

Still haven't heard back from cindilu2, except to say she was sitting in the upper balcony. Heh, maybe she's been struck dumb by the beauty of the Aiken at the stage door. I believe she is attending again tonight, but from 8th row orchestra this time. 3 times in 2 days? OMG. She is gonna be dead soon.

Jellus? Nah, not me.............

I can't get a damn thing done today as I keep obsessively checking the boards for reports!!!

Do you suppose I'm going to keep this up for 4 MONTHS??????

I need medication.

Don't we all, wandacleo, don't we all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OK cindilu2 just phoned, so I managed to tell her that I bought more seats for us in March, and she just laughed. She said that they stood in a 2 block line for the half priced tickets for this afternoon's show and got two individual seats up in the balcony. Their only other option was to take a pair of obstructed view on the side of the orchestra. So it was definitely a standing room only crowd! She said that there were three guys sitting in front of them, and they didn't realize Clay was in the show until part way through when someone told them. They were casual fans so they were thrilled!

She said she had binoculars on Clay's face when the Knights started singing Invisible, and he never changed expression or went out of character or laughed at all. She said he flipped up his tunic to show his rear again at the piano, so looks like we can all look forward to that! She said the crowd was nearly as loud as last night, and he was just as great today as yesterday. She also said she got her playbill signed at the stage door! EEEEEEEEEEEE!

She and some friends are in a Mexican restaurant having margeritas, waiting for time to head back to the theatre for tonight's show. They may go back again tomorrow. They are having the time of their lives!

n the scene, some very strange knights (called the Knights Who Go Nieeeee, because they do) have set a task for Arthur. Then, when he completes the task, they change the rules and also their name. They become the Knights Who Go ##(*$)@)(@*#$)@#*#@ and other incomprehensible sounds. Last night it was funny but pretty short. Today this went on and on and then morphed into "If I was Invisible. . ." and the place went wild. Alas, there was no tug. That would have been awesome. Still it was great as it was. Maybe they'll put in the tug tonight? Maybe someone should text Clay and suggest it . . .

artquest explained this on CH about the Knights singing Invisible...

Also...I haven't seen this pic on FCA and it's a keeper...

tears.jpg

I....I.....

:cry4:

Loves all the pics! Although I think we may need to have a little chat with those slutty chorus girls who keep looking at the man with such lecherous expressions on their overly-made up little faces about exactly whose boyfriend Clay is. We had him first, so back off, bitches!

:thdom2:

Loves all the pics! Although I think we may need to have a little chat with those slutty chorus girls who keep looking at the man with such lecherous expressions on their overly-made up little faces about exactly whose boyfriend Clay is. We had him first, so back off, bitches!

bwah

n the scene, some very strange knights (called the Knights Who Go Nieeeee, because they do) have set a task for Arthur. Then, when he completes the task, they change the rules and also their name. They become the Knights Who Go ##(*$)@)(@*#$)@#*#@ and other incomprehensible sounds. Last night it was funny but pretty short. Today this went on and on and then morphed into "If I was Invisible. . ." and the place went wild. Alas, there was no tug. That would have been awesome. Still it was great as it was. Maybe they'll put in the tug tonight? Maybe someone should text Clay and suggest it . . .

OMG. Cannot beethe.

tears.jpg

I....I.....

I think that's a crop of the one I posted early this morning. I didn't think those pictures were to be cropped?

bottlecap, I'm donning my leather right now to join you in the fight to save Clay from the slutty chorus girls.

via the CB:

From xoaustin at the Clackhouse......

Well I was in the front row of the mezzanine too for the matinee, and this show was just freaking AWESOME! The first time Clay appears, it's from a window, and he nails his lines, bringing on the laughter. Don't want to say too much, except you need to mortgage your house, sell your kids, sleep in the subway, whatever. But get to Spamalot!!

The mezzanine exits right to the shubert stage door, and I was oh so lucky. Once Clay exited the theatre, he realized that he didn't have a sharpie! I took one with me, and he looked at the mob, searching....

And then he took 4 steps over and took my sharpie! It is a blue one. He made eye contact with MEEEE!! Then he went back to the beginning of the "line" (hee, he's kind of in a semicircle railing) and signed an autograph, then Jerome or somebody gave him a black sharpie. He walked back and handed me my sharpie, omg. Then he went back to the beginning and started signing. It was a minute or two before he made it back to where I was, and he took my souvenir program and the poster (same pic as the banner, they sell these in front of the theatre) and signed!!!! I was eeeeing and squeeeing, and he handed it back and moved to the next person.

I watched him go along until he had signed the whole front row of the circle, maybe 60 or so? And then he waved and reentered the Shubert. Thirty seconds or so later, he came out just briefly with a gorgeous blonde woman, and was only there for seconds before he said thanks and went back in.

I saw ChaChaTrusty, and as we talked I glanced down and realized......

He signed BOTH the program AND the poster! Two autographs!!!!!! I just gave him the program for backing. OMG. OMFG!!!! Saw Toni and a few others who were eeeing over their pics, and there are some good ones coming.

My little heart is still pumping with the adrenaline- I didn't even notice the cold. I'll try to remember more and post more later!

This post brought to you by **!!!**

I freaking LOVE Clay Aiken. The NJU are SOOO right- he was so in his element, and in character, and perfect for the role! And what he does with the piano... now THAT is something I'd love to get a picture of.

think that's a crop of the one I posted early this morning. I didn't think those pictures were to be cropped?

Yikes! I just copied this pic from a post of dreamlarge on CH!

Does anybody know how to make a wma audio file into a mp3 so that I can load it on my iTunes? I'm confused. I went online to download free converstion software like MediaMonkey but then my Mac says there's no application to open that file (which is .exe) HUH?

Where's Scarlett? :cry4:

think that's a crop of the one I posted early this morning. I didn't think those pictures were to be cropped?

Yikes! I just copied this pic from a post of dreamlarge on CH!

Does anybody know how to make a wma audio file into a mp3 so that I can load it on my iTunes? I'm confused. I went online to download free converstion software like MediaMonkey but then my Mac says there's no application to open that file (which is .exe) HUH?

Where's Scarlett? :cry4:

If you have a Mac, you can downlaod Flip4Mac (free) and it will play in quicktime.

Did you try windows media player?

Hee! I'm lovin the way those chorus girls are soaking him in. I love it when pretty young women fall all over Clay. I imagine he will be getting close to them all, eeeeeeee, for him. This is so wonderful. In my wildest dreams I could not have imagined the reception he is getting.

OMG this is wonderful! I love the pictures..everything.

Yeah, I love the 'everything' too. And if anyone advises that man that he needs to wear a dance belt I will hunt them down like a dog and rip them limb from limb! :hubbahubba:

tears.jpg

I....I.....

:cry4: I love this.

Hee! I'm lovin the way those chorus girls are soaking him in. I love it when pretty young women fall all over Clay. I imagine he will be getting close to them all, eeeeeeee, for him. This is so wonderful. In my wildest dreams I could not have imagined the reception he is getting.

Isn't that the best. They are just smiling..and it's so sincere. Everybody just seems so sincere. I'm loving this so much.

tears.jpg

I....I.....

OMG, what a heart-wrenching, joyful, wonderful picture!

If that wasn't enough to make you teary, try reading this review from last night, via CV:

Wow, what can I say that hasn’t been said. Friday night is now a memory that will forever be engraved in my mind, and so many others. And, I am so thankful to have been a part of it. To think, that a few weeks before we did not have a ticket, were not even thinking of going and were content to just wait until April to go see the show. It was a true act of fate that QM and I were able to get amazing tickets (6th row, right Orchestra) at the last minute. And, it was worth every single penny!! And, because of this, I encourage everyone that is just “thinking” about going to get that ticket now and GO when you can. It will be worth every dollar, airfare and hotel expense to see Clay in his finest hour! :goldstar:

Friday evening was a night of pure joy, non-stop laughter, silly giggles and of course, a beginning of Clay’s amazing and brilliant career on Broadway. The anticipation before the show was so cool. As we arrived about 6:30 p.m., we immediately found a few ladies snapping pictures in front of the marquee. Within two seconds, we instantly had become friends, exchanged “screen” names and realized how found out where they lived, how many concerts they attended and what boards they belong to. It was if we had known them all of our lives!!

Soon, we decided to go inside for a few minutes to warm up and across the short hallway we saw a familiar face from a previous concert we had been at in Easton, let out a high-shrilled squeal and started to hug, hug, hug. After a few minutes of non-stop chatter, then we said, BTW, what’s your name?? Claynation is a unique, amazing and very special world and it is so exciting to be a part of this great family.

The show was beyond words and so hard to describe. Some of the highlights chiseled into my brain were:

~ The first glimpse of him in the tower, looking so calm, speaking his very first word and then hearing the rousing applause from the audience that stopped the world for a very short moment in time!

~ Seeing him raise his foot for the very first dance step and being a part of the blast of EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs that bounced off the ceiling and walls, you could feel the building shaking!

~ Listening to him speak in the accent we had longed to hear, clear and filled with confidence, and did I mention funny, witty and so charming!!

~ Watching him blend into the ensemble cast, becoming one with them. Enjoying non-spot light moments like moving props, assisting dancers off tables and reacting to the hilarious banter that was part of the scene. He was not “I’m Clay Aiken”, he was just one of the actors and it was delight to see him enjoy it so much.

~ Seeing the birth of his comedic prowess come to life in the Guard scene and the Brother Manyard character. :rofl3:

~ And finally, feel his heart beating with ours as he prepared for his big “Broadway” number. At first, there may have been a moment of anxiousness, but as he began to feel the power within, the number was not only the highlight of the show, it raised the bar and was totally over the top!! At that moment, it added a capital “S” to title SUPERSTAR now engraved on his exploding career. :luvknight:

As I drove home from the train station this afternoon, I found myself alone in my car and the tears started to come. I couldn’t stop. Friday night in the Big Apple was all I could have hoped for and more. And for me personally, to share this time in my life with my sister (QM) and mom (macdodi) is so incredibly special. :wetkiss:

Not only has Clay given us so many special memories these past years, but he has connected so many strangers across the country (and the world) into one unbelievable blending of sharing hearts living out our dreams and lives in ways we never would have imagined. To hear of women driving hundreds of miles with a total stranger they’ve never personally met, or taking a train across the country in the dead of winter, or taking out their savings for a trip to NYC that was previously unplanned and realizing how it is the right and only thing to do!! Or, sitting with total strangers at Sardi’s last night and leaving as friends is part of the wonderful phenomenon we are a part of…thankfully!

As I sit here now in the quietness of my own personal Clay-Fog, I can only think about how Clay has been given a very special gift from God and has grown into a man of many tremendous talents. May he continue to smile as big and bright as he did Friday night and enjoy the ride filled with memories of excitement, joy and thankfulness. And to continue to take us along with him for the ride of a lifetime!

The journey continues…….

I LOVE that picture too--I swear it looks like he has tears in his eyes. Probably the light, but it's so sweet.

Post-whoring to say: All these reviews make me feel as though I'm there. I can almost hear the music and the people laughing and yelling and roaring. It's so wonderful.

This is a great day!!! :D

Report from CV is that it is completely sold out, including SRO, this evening. Some NJU's tried to get tickets and weren't able to.

Report from CV is that it is completely sold out, including SRO, this evening. Some NJU's tried to get tickets and weren't able to.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the attendence once this weekend is over and the influx of fans leave town.

i just have to repeat what others have said, that if there is anyway you can find a way to go to this play, you should do it. eating is overrated anyway. it was so amazing. as much as i love clay's concerts, i think this was almost better, because you could see the support of the cast, and the response that clay got was so overwhelming. and all the people waiting afterwards just to see him. it really emphasizes how much love there is for clay. i originally only had tickets to opening nights show, then i had to add tickets for march 19th, and after seeing him opening night, i had to go again for the matinee. i'd actually considered maybe seeing something else, or actually sightseeing while i was here, but said nah, that will all be there later. clay is only here until may, i need to cram in as much clay as possible.

and by the way, opening night, with the white pants, was quite a sight. i'm hoping to get a better view in march because i have row d then. might have to buy me a pair of binoculars to fully appreciate everything in them pants.

and by the way, opening night, with the white pants, was quite a sight.

About that....I've been wondering about that. See, I'll be in Row C so that's a good thing, right? But hubby will be in the seat next to me. Now I'm sure women (well most, I would imagine) are going to notice....things. But will guys? :blink: And if they do, does that mean I should NOT bring my binoculars because hubby will know what I'm looking at? :unsure: