#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

Heh....pays to be up early for my bell choir this morning, for I can post on the first page!

As for Clay and his women...hmmm. I think the difference for me in seeing "chemistry" is the differences in venues. Kelly -- he was with her mostly on the bus, in radio interviews, a couple of TV interviews, and a little on stage. I didn't put a lot of thought into their relationship, although in the end, I think it came out as a sibling relationship.

Angela? His flirtations with her were mostly all on stage, and IMO, they were pretty much all for "show." I've gotta be the weird one for this, because I just never got the chemistry between them, in a romantic sense. I guess I've always seen this one as playing it up, with a "wink, wink" tied into it.

With Tyra....this was a total interview situation, pretty much, and I think SOMETHING clicked. I do think there was an attraction between the two of them. I've never seen Clay that flirty before in any interview. I also think it says something that Tyra decided to make almost the entire hour a Clay show. (Wasn't supposed to happen that way, was it?) Where I don't think it's gone is the romantic stage. I think for now they are good friends, and probably still flirting up a storm with each other.

:pirateship:ARRRGGHHH Mateys!

I can't let this conversation go by without adding my two bits.

Tyra: I look at her as being something like Diane Sawyer. I think they genuinely like and get each other, and I'm sure Tyra also recognizes a good and entertaining guest when she sees one. I'm all about the professional contacts she can provide and the doors she might be able to open for Clay.

Kelly: Fairly or unfairly, she has generally struck me as being kind of shallow and not overly bright. I'm glad Clay has a friend who has shared his career experiences, but I suspect Kelly is all about Kelly.

Angela: I get the vibe that Clay seems to crave her approval a bit. If her makes a joke in concert, for example, he'll look in Angela's direction first. I was more a believer in the Clangela until the Sterling Heights concert. After cracking on Angela about something, Clay said: "Don't worry, she'll be giving it to me later tonight", and then seemed genuinely embarrassed when the audience "Oh'ed" and he realized how that comment sounded.

Whatevs and whoevs. I know his personal life is soooooo none of my business, and I just want the man to be happy in his life and his work.

:pirateship:ARRRGGHHH Mateys!

I can't let this conversation go by without adding my two bits.

Tyra: I look at her as being something like Diane Sawyer. I think they genuinely like and get each other, and I'm sure Tyra also recognizes a good and entertaining guest when she sees one. I'm all about the professional contacts she can provide and the doors she might be able to open for Clay.

Kelly: Fairly or unfairly, she has generally struck me as being kind of shallow and not overly bright. I'm glad Clay has a friend who has shared his career experiences, but I suspect Kelly is all about Kelly.

Angela: I get the vibe that Clay seems to crave her approval a bit. If her makes a joke in concert, for example, he'll look in Angela's direction first. I was more a believer in the Clangela until the Sterling Heights concert. After cracking on Angela about something, Clay said: "Don't worry, she'll be giving it to me later tonight", and then seemed genuinely embarrassed when the audience "Oh'ed" and he realized how that comment sounded.

Whatevs and whoevs. I know his personal life is soooooo none of my business, and I just want the man to be happy in his life and his work.

I can just let Ms. cap speak for me here. Especially the Kelly part.

Good Morning Everyone,

91 Days until the Closing Show of Spamalot!

93-110 Days until the New CD!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Fetcher la vache!!!cowpoop.gif

Pardon my ignorance, but please translate. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hee - yep. Get the cow. (though to my knowledge 'fetcher' (pronounced fetch-ay) isn't a real french word. It's Python-French).

Context: The English have done something so offensive to them that all they can do in response is to fling a cow at them. I thought it was rather appropriate for use in this case. *g*

fetcher.gif

Context: The English have done something so offensive to them that all they can do in response is to fling a cow at them. I thought it was rather appropriate for use in this case. *g*

All the poor English wanted was a place to stay for the night and for Guy D' Lombard to join them on their quest! And what did they get? A cow thrown at them, rude gestures, peed on and taunted so badly their only defense was to run away! Those poor English*g*

I think actually that is one of the most brilliant parts of the show if you understand how years ago there were always jokes, about the French being cowards, by English comedians. So the Pythons just turned it around.

Hey play Sealand is now part of MaerskSealand. My daughter used to work for them!

Hee - I did 'get' the cow. (We Canadians are actually taught that history exists outside North America. :-P) They fling the cow because the empty rabbeet was the last straw. LMAO!

I meant I thought it was an appropriate response to the recent supersekrit insider info.

The night I was there, they changed their name to "ackey, ackey -- something long and incomprehensible -- Mrs. Jones" The "Mrs. Jones" almost succeeded in cracking up both King Arthur and Clay. I have no idea of the significance, obviously an inside joke.

The Kelly/Clay shipping made me go, ew, too. I couldn't even close my eyes and imagine that. Just no. I think Tyra is a fine woman. I think they are great friends and support each other. I hope he goes on her show.

Wow, such rampant shipping! Hee. I got a vibe on Tyra too, a definite mutual attraction vibe. Not sure I buy into all the "what came after" stuff......I think they have become good friends, though. I love the on-stage chemistry between Clay & Angela, probably one of my favourites, but I think it's definitely just all for show on that stage. Never saw an ounce of attraction between Clay & Kelly though. That one just squicks me out.

I confess that shipping in general just gives me the "icks"- and the Kelly one in particular makes me cringe! :ruserious::badmood: Whoever wrote that he lost IQ points around her was RIGHT ON!!! :bravo: (ps- it was couchie!)

I also confess that I'm not a big reader of fan fic, particularly when it involves Clay with another "real" person. Most of the time, if I click on one and see that the love interest is someone familiar, I click right back out of there so fast it probably doesn't even register that I was there at all!

Just about the only fan fic with a real person that I DID read and enjoy was the CLYRA- and I'm not sure why that one didn't instantly turn me off like so many of the others do? I think Clay is usually very secure around women in those kinds of situations- I think he's been quite flirty with a lot of women who have interviewed him-hell, he's quite flirty with any women within a 10 mile radius! But I think it was the first time I ever sensed a real shyness in him, around Tyra, and I found that very attractive. :couple:

Heheh. Unfortunately, she probably now thinks that *I* am the craziest Clay fan out there.

Thanks for taking one for the team Cindilu :F_05BL17blowkiss: I think I"m a close second though.

It's what happens when you have to keep things under wraps forever. When I can finally EEEEEEEEEEE!!! LOOK OUT!!! OTT fan alert!! :cryingwlaughter:

Luckiest it appears that Jetblue consistently offers the cheapest flights out of Buffalo. Give their website a try!!!

Thanks to galdarngirl for hosting the clunch!!!! :clap:

And a hello to everyone here!! This board is great!! :lilredani:

Man, y'all are up early!

I'm with luckiest from the last thread - I see the Tyra thing (there's chemistry without the awkwardness of her being employed by Clay); I see the Angela thing (hush, muski - it's there to me despite the working thing - hormones don't care about economic things); never saw any Kelly thing.

It's funny - my family are not and probably never will be Clay fans - but they did watch all of season 2 and most of season 3 - haven't watched it since. Only other Clay fan in the family, my niece who was 14 at the time - and deeply disappointed that he didn't put out a cover album with mostly Motown. She thought that would be totally kick-ass. Some have seen him when he came to Houston for the Solo Tour - many have seen clack of just about everything. The consensus is: He's a clever horn-dog of the "I'm your friend - let me comfort you when your boyfriend is being an ass" type and women like him. They were convinced during AI2 Trenyce had her eye on the main chance, which she decided was Clay after Cory left (and yes, they think she gave it all up). They then decided KLo played a better game and had bigger tatas (she's smarter, held out longer, and managed to get in the house - when I said they were just roommates, they rolled their eyes at me, asked who had the most money and could actually afford a house in LA and who stayed there the most). They also predicted that KLo would show up before the end of the Independent tour to keep an eye on her property and when KLo did, said "See?" They laughed at my showing them things saying they were just friends. They also predicted that KLo would either overplay her hand or diss his mama and he would go back to Raleigh because by now he knows there are lots and LOTS of accommodating women out there. With his cash, they also said they would be some of them. They also claim he has enough female fans who know how to keep their mouths shut. Then they look at me funny. I tell them to shut up. They say, my, you go on a lot of trips. I tell them to shut up again. My youngest BIL says, "Your friends...they go on a lot of trips too, right? so he's hitting a rainbow coalition, ain't he? HA HA!" And runs off while I throw stuff at him. I tell him he has morals. My other BIL says it is moral to do all those women. He has a moral obligations to make them happy.

My family has issues.

With Tyra....this was a total interview situation, pretty much, and I think SOMETHING clicked. I do think there was an attraction between the two of them. I've never seen Clay that flirty before in any interview. I also think it says something that Tyra decided to make almost the entire hour a Clay show. (Wasn't supposed to happen that way, was it?) Where I don't think it's gone is the romantic stage. I think for now they are good friends, and probably still flirting up a storm with each other.

I thought of this last week ldyj, when the dust up with Ringo and the R&K Live was making the news. Tyra and her producers showed flexibility with Clay once they saw that it was going so well. I think Clay was in every segment except one, but the R&K show couldn't adjust their format by 2 minutes to allow Ringo to get most of his song in.

KAndre.....I really MUST meet your family. :cryingwlaughter: Can you bring a few to dinner Monday night? :lilredani:

Just about the only fan fic with a real person that I DID read and enjoy was the CLYRA- and I'm not sure why that one didn't instantly turn me off like so many of the others do
?

lajeterfan, I'll take that as a compliment, glad you liked it..

Slept forever this morning....might make it to the opening speaker at lunch, heh. Although I still need to sync the latest mp4 downloads.. :whistling-1:

I always thought that if there really WAS something that happened on that AI Tour bus with Kelly, it was because of need and proximity and familiarity and affection (see kitchen chapter of Clyra) because she just doesn't seem to be 'enough' for Clay; Angela is a hot babe and she's very comfortable with being a hot babe on stage and that turns Clay on because he's a horndog and so he likes to play with her. If there was more, I say, "You go, now, Clangela!"; if not, then I still say, "You go now, Clay and Angela! Coss you two look hot together and seem to enjoy rubbing body parts together and giving and getting eyefucks and whatnot on stage and that means it's good for MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Tyra? That thing somebody posted (I'm sorry...I didn't copy the poster's name or the quote) about the cinnamon toothpaste---I knew that---but I did NOT know about the basil substitution for mint....hmmmm :whistling-1: As that silly German soldier would say on Laugh In, 'vehhhhhhhhh-dy inter-resting!'.... :lmaosmiley-1: And if there IS something more than mutual respect of: professional regard, appreciation of obvious physical attributes, acknowledgment of career ambition and success; interest and action in charitable endeavors; senses of humor;

(dang, this is a gooooood list! :whistling-1: )

etc.,

Then I'm happy as a June bug! If not and they still enjoy a friendship that's based on the above? I'm happy as a June bug! :lilredani: (Maybe even happier since :DoClay: --with emphasis on the "I" part)

Oh, okay.....I'll shut up now. Later, peeps! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Just about the only fan fic with a real person that I DID read and enjoy was the CLYRA- and I'm not sure why that one didn't instantly turn me off like so many of the others do
?

lajeterfan, I'll take that as a compliment, glad you liked it..

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Maybe it didn't sound like it, but it WAS a compliment, cause I do really enjoy your writing style, muski! I'm pretty sure I left a comment or two on that story over on CV while it was in progress. I'm just very particular when reading fan fic. If I like a writer's style, I'll continue to read. If it's a "Clay and another real person" story I usually just cringe and click off. And I'm not a big fan of "casual sex without an actual interpersonal relationship" stories- so those usually get the thumbs down from me too! (Yeah, I know, sometimes I'm just a big ole PRUDE!) :cryingwlaughter:

K'Andre a lot of families have issues, but my family's issues don't make anyone laugh, not to mention fall on the floor doing it.

Kelly dates a lot of guys she tours with, but I never got that vibe from Clay, Ithink they did a lot of discovery of each other in a personality/history way that will bond them and they certainly seemed to talk management issues, buit I think they are in two different social worlds, with the overlap of only a few friends.

OK, time to walk the dog an go out.