#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

Hell, Monday totally BLEW - except for our dinner.

My division is having a big important conference in Vail this week...there is only one non-stop flight Houston to Vail. All my bankers (except for my personal boss) took off at 10 am Monday morning. By 11:30 am, they were back on the ground...in Houston. Continental said a light came on, they would fix it and take off. Two hours later, they said they would change planes. Another two hours later, they had to change crews. They finally take off at 4:30p. I rearrange car pick up, dinner reservations, etc. etc. I leave the office at 6. At 8 pm, I get an email - "We have landed....in Denver", which I, of course, don't see until Tuesday morning. Two of banker say, screw this, hire a car and have themselves driven to Vail. The remainder bitch about Continental, bitch about the hotel they are put in, and bitch that the special flight Continental arranged to get them to Vail the next morning is three, yes, I said three hours late. Oh, did I mention that their prepaid, non refundable hotels in Vail (at over $400) cancelled their reservations as no-shows? But I fixed it. Yes, I did. Customer service does not love me right now, but I fixed it. Continental also cancelled their return flights on this Friday because Continental said they didn't do the Houston to Vail segments. Even though it was Continental's fault they didn't.

Yeah, I am having fun today. Fun, fun, fun.

I guess my family were the sinfully fun Methodists and Baptist - everybody danced and we especially used small children to entertain us by dancing. Secular singing was real popular too. Of course, I'm afraid if people disapproved of what we did, we didn't care because we had the impression if we did it, God was cool with it. But then again, I always thought the old ladies of the church were having some sort of hat battle, as in who could wear the best hat rather than being modestly covered. Modesty had nothing to do with some of those hats.

desertflower, did you mean to say, Faye, not Clay? Those pics were of Faye dancing (for charity, if I remember correctly) last year....well, it was a preview of her DWTS thing she did for a fan gathering I think.

yeah I meant Faye....must be thinking to much about Clay. *g*

Is that appropriate here? :abuser:

No dancing! :party20:

Eta Appropriate to like Clay ona Clay centric board? I never!!!! :jaw:

The smilies are all here, just look at them all - so many to choose, so little time. I always wanted to use those angry dancers, and, at last!, it seems right.

I have to work on my sense of humor.

I guess my family were the sinfully fun Methodists and Baptist - everybody danced and we especially used small children to entertain us by dancing. Secular singing was real popular too. Of course, I'm afraid if people disapproved of what we did, we didn't care because we had the impression if we did it, God was cool with it. But then again, I always thought the old ladies of the church were having some sort of hat battle, as in who could wear the best hat rather than being modestly covered.

Heh...KAndre, we must've been going to the same Baptist church but didn't even know it. Woop. Scratch that...I forgot what decade it was that I was attending a church in a small Southern town. <_<

And even though I'd already posted pretty much what 00lsee said so articulately and succinctly about Clay's dancing talent or skill and people seemed to like what SHE said better than what I said :rolleyes: , that's okay. 'Coss she DID say it better and she's such a cutie. (A perverted cutie, to be sure, but a cutie nonetheless. :whistling-1: )

For what it's worth, I NEVER considered that Clay's religious beliefs had any bearing on his dancing or not dancing. From what I could gather about his upbringing and from what my own experience with and knowledge of Protestants in the Southern towns and cities I've lived in, I saw no cause-effect at all about that or any other 'sin' . :cryingwlaughter: Sinning is an equal opportunity business. heh. I did, however, live down the street from a Berean (sp?) Baptist Church (a specific sect, I guess) and all the talk was that they DID 'prohibit' dancing (and probably anything else that was any fun).

I didn't actually KNOW anybody who went to THAT church! :cryingwlaughter:

Oh and btw, Marilyn...LOVE those pics and LOVE Clay in dark colors. LOVE the sweaters he's wearing lately. That one, especially. He looks HAWT! And that quote about he PTYs not knowing it was Clay and then their jaws dropping? Perfect! I'm counting on them going back and telling all their other PYT friends about how HAWT Clay Aiken is! :cryingwlaughter::hubbahubba:

Oh.. and Marilyn...hope you don't mind...I just had to use one of your dark sweater Clay pics as an avie.....'kay? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Soooo, I'm going to take a small step and bravely go where I have never been before. :rolleyes:

Yep, zena is going to make a comment on dancing.

I do not have a dancing bone in my body. And this has nothing to do with my relatively strict Mennonite Preacher's kid upbringing. hee, sometimes I was downright thankful for the latter because I didn't have to prove how really awkward I was.

I've always loved theatre, and in high school, won a scholarship to attend a national drama camp in the summer. Unfortunately for me, the production they chose to put on was a musical theatre piece with LOTS of dancing. They tried very hard to make me into a chorus girl, but finally gave up and gave me a speaking role.

:cryingwlaughter:

I think the good Lord just passed me over when he was handing out rhythm. :00000441:

Now, I don't think Clay comes anywhere close to being similarly afflicted. He has plenty of natural rhythm and moves. I'm not sure that he's ever really willingly embraced those natural abilities in terms of "dancing". I think for him these natural gifts will always shine more through his singing.

Having said all that, and having read all your very interesting comments about dance from my non-experiential perspective, I am looking at Clay's present dancing exploits in Spamalot in a more metaphorical way.

I think it's great that he is having the experience of learning to move creatively and co-operatively as part of a team production.

He is not the star; he cannot stand out in the group dances, he must blend in as part of the whole.

From the recent recaps, it sounds as if he is absorbing and embracing this new "knowledge" less with his "head thinking" and more with his body.

The fact that he is discovering he can actually do this with the support and encouragement of a very new set of peers must be a rewarding and stretching experience for him personally.

I'm glad Clay had the guts to try something as different as Spamalot. I truly hope that what may seem like a silly sidestep in his singing career to some, will bless him with a broader confidence and flexibility in his future.

I'd really love some feedback on this cause I really feel out of my league here. I may be totally posting into the wind, but if what i have written makes some sense, or no sense, I'd so appreciate hearing your opinions.

eta: my sincerest prayers to those in the path of those devastating storms. Even my tundra sounds preferable to their destructiveness.

Makes perfect sense to me zena...dancing with an ensemble and not "sticking out like a sore thumb" is quite a tribute to him, I think.

I don't know of many people who would take the giant leap that Clay took to do this part....talk about a sink or swim kind of feeling. Thank God, he learned to swim somewhere along the way! :cryingwlaughter:

Okay, well...here's a wallpaper attempt, as per Claygasm's very flattering request. I need to learn to save my png files instead of saving only the finished banner with lettering. Would have been easier! So, where do people get the fancy backgrounds they use for their banners and wallpapers? My program must be fairly bare bones, since I had to make mine by layering a few unrelated images and blending them together. Anyway, there they are: Version 2 is slightly lighter...version 1 contains some curlicues. Last one is just the image on black background. P.S. I didn't tag these in any way. Should I?

gallery_843_37_16110.jpg

version 2

version 1

black background

I think he'll dance around more in concerts.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think he will. IMO, being on a Broadway stage, as part of a repertory company doing dance steps, is totally different than including dancing while he's singing by himself in concert. I'm just guessing, but I think he feels there's "safety in numbers" by being part of the group; adding dancing, even semi-spontaneous dancing, to a concert where the focus on him, I just can't see. And I do agree with 00lsee that as much as he's gained from the learning the dancing for this show -- once it's over he'll be back to "I can't dance." Maybe he'll change it though to "I'm not a coordinated dancer."

ldyj... I think he will dance more in concert now that he has more confidence that he can move that body of his dance-like. I don't mean JT type dancing, just grooving that yummy body of his to the music... course now that he knows he can be coordinated when he wants to be, he might be even better at pretending to be ungainly for laughs... LOL

Makes perfect sense to me zena...dancing with an ensemble and not "sticking out like a sore thumb" is quite a tribute to him, I think.

I don't know of many people who would take the giant leap that Clay took to do this part....talk about a sink or swim kind of feeling. Thank God, he learned to swim somewhere along the way! :cryingwlaughter:

JJ... I agree with you!

zena... great post! Especially, this part...

The fact that he is discovering he can actually do this with the support and encouragement of a very new set of peers must be a rewarding and stretching experience for him personally.

I'm glad Clay had the guts to try something as different as Spamalot. I truly hope that what may seem like a silly sidestep in his singing career to some, will bless him with a broader confidence and flexibility in his future.

zena... I do think the confidence in being able to do something outside his comfort zone and doing it well and being accepted by the cast WILL definitely impact his entire performance in the future. He may be willing to take more risks in his performance than before. Plus, that added confidence is just looking so good on him... GAH!!!

Love the new sweaters he's wearing. That grayish/bluish one actually fits quite well. Makes you wonder who is influencing him to wear clothes that fit rather than being tents to hide his body under... :cryingwlaughter:

translated via babble fish from a french web site

Broken wings

For a few j’écoute days the album of Clay Ciken has buckled some. You do not know? Clay Ciken c’est a participant in American Idol, in 2003 I believe, and it lost into final, I believe too. In short one s’en fout, this qu’il is necessary to retain c’est qu’il has a voice which nails me on the spot.

Physically c’est a little the local tortle, it s’est pointed with l’audition with one declads which made laugh the jury, then it opened the mouth and the Ben continuation you suspect it it very raflé. Like what in France one invented nothing.

C’est pop nianian like j’aime, it revolutionized Na nothing, Si this n’est my ears with its pretty voice! I put some vidéos to be made discover and I to you m’arrache. Yes for information am in RTT aujourd’hui, and as I have just wounded me with l’index by repairing my door of wall cupboard (but kind I think that I will make me cut down, it n’y has more than this solution, I souououououffre), Ben j’ai bloody of evil to be typed on a whore of keyboard!

(does 10 minutes to type that without too many faults, that calm hein? I sououououououffre!)

They have the audition youtube, a performance in the middle and the guest on AI5 with imitator "In 2006 in guest star with one of these fans who it clone well (which must still tremble about it I think, very funny), and with the passage the local castaldi c’est when he wants where he wants!" and the view appearance of Without you

One comment

JM has dit…

What a voice!! I fell under the ^^. charm

Good bin I will see whether I put the hand on his Cd in the next days:).

February 6, 2008 19:06

playbiller, do you have a link to the website itself? I'd love to see it!~

translated via babble fish from a french web site

Broken wings

For a few j’écoute days the album of Clay Ciken has buckled some. You do not know? Clay Ciken c’est a participant in American Idol, in 2003 I believe, and it lost into final, I believe too. In short one s’en fout, this qu’il is necessary to retain c’est qu’il has a voice which nails me on the spot.

Physically c’est a little the local tortle, it s’est pointed with l’audition with one declads which made laugh the jury, then it opened the mouth and the Ben continuation you suspect it it very raflé. Like what in France one invented nothing.

C’est pop nianian like j’aime, it revolutionized Na nothing, Si this n’est my ears with its pretty voice! I put some vidéos to be made discover and I to you m’arrache. Yes for information am in RTT aujourd’hui, and as I have just wounded me with l’index by repairing my door of wall cupboard (but kind I think that I will make me cut down, it n’y has more than this solution, I souououououffre), Ben j’ai bloody of evil to be typed on a whore of keyboard!

(does 10 minutes to type that without too many faults, that calm hein? I sououououououffre!)

They have the audition youtube, a performance in the middle and the guest on AI5 with imitator "In 2006 in guest star with one of these fans who it clone well (which must still tremble about it I think, very funny), and with the passage the local castaldi c’est when he wants where he wants!" and the view appearance of Without you

One comment

JM has dit…

What a voice!! I fell under the ^^. charm

Good bin I will see whether I put the hand on his Cd in the next days:).

February 6, 2008 19:06

Is it good or bad that I mostly understood that translation? :cryingwlaughter:

zena, your post made a lot of sense to me. I think Clay is absolutely stretching himself both personally and professionally with the role in Spamalot. He left his comfort zone behind and expanded his already awesome talent to a new level. Even with all he has done so far, I believe he has only just scratched the surface of what is possible.

Unfortunately, and shamefully with my bi-lingual Canadian heritage, I don't speek da french.....

but I wanted to share my favorite parts of that hilarious "babble". You just made me smile out loud, playbiller.

"Clay Ciken has buckled some.....voice which nails me on the spot.....then it opened the mouth... my ears with its pretty voice! ......

when he wants where he wants!....I fell under the ^^. charm...

Good bin I will see whether I put the hand on his....(my pause here);) ..... Cd in the next days..."

Yeah, that.....In my fondest dreams... :flirtysmile3:

hmmmm....I think i understood what they were saying....purrfectly...giggle.gif

Thanks for the responses to my trip onto the slippery dance floor. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm going to sit down now by the punch bowl :imgtongue: and wait for the Dance Captain in the stilettoes to check in. :clay:

Nope, I'm not skeered. :chair:

:deepersnow:

Dance Captaining is much easier in flats - but I can rock the stilletos if necessary!

Just to clarify where I'm coming from, I shall quote one of my early fandom posts - back from Aug of '03:

I took this opportunity to review the historical file on our test subject interacting in group settings (strictly to make this completely objective [shut up! Some Angel-winger is believing this!] repeatedly to ensure that every nuance was captured.

During the observation period for "Footloose", subject OCB is initially placed between the two females that demonstrate the most obviously secondary sexual characteristics. Subject closely observes all movement of both subjects (all four subjects?) and although the subject expresses real interest, talents for dancing seems to very lacking.

Observed "Had The Time of My Life". No dancing. Lots of Clocke. Hey, I like Clocke.

"A Night To Remember": Female subject paired with primary subject had smaller "characteristics"; primary subject proportionately moved less.

"Boogie Wonderland": Primary subject dancing with other males; no secondary sexual characteristics of interest to primary subject; no dancing talent shown at all. None. Nada. Zip. That was sad.

"All Night Long": Primary subject dancing with other males; no secondary sexual characteristics of interest to primary subject; no dancing talent shown at all. Female subjects join the group dance. OCB eyes follow secondary sexual characteristics, an increase of rhythm matching occurs with some hip movement.

"For the Longest Time": Secondary sexual characteristics are pressed against primary subject's back (OCB turned slight to watch them coming, too!). Again, an increase of rhythm matching occurs with hip movement even while seated.

Theory: Large breast involvement improves OCB's dancing skills.

"Top 5 Group Medley": Theory ruined! Damn Trenyce! Primary subject eyes have shifted lower (not that there's anything to see; why, yes, I am a jealous bitch. What of it?), but primary subject is moving very rhythmically, gestures and movements actually match partner's fairly closely; male group dancing, subject reverts to bad dancing; when paired with large secondary sexual characteristics, instead of dancing better, shifts to the standing in place and swaying so typical of males.

"Judges Medley": New theories - OCB dances better with (a) people he's sexually attracted to or ( b ) good dancers. I'm personally going with (a) simply because it's a better scientific explanation. (yes, it is!)

Overview of primary subject's dancing during tour: Analyzed Clutch Montage again - obviously triggered by high pitches squeals (another strong secondary sexual characteristics); most squeals, more clutching...Theory (a) has been proved!

Alright, now you guys have to help me figure out how this applies to public health, and I can finally finish my Masters!

Oh yeah, Cherry. I believe he's one of those "Yes, saving it is special and it certainly was very special", but that's not important - the boy's willingness to improve his movements - that's important!

And looking at the Lady of the Lake's secondary sexual characteristic (though in her case they certainly have a case for being called primary!) - I think my theory still holds up pretty damn well!

Don't Pm me, my mailbox needs to be cleaned.

I did not post a link because the last thing I want to see is them hit on by US fans and haters. I will deal with this some way when I get back later this afternoon, even if I have tro PM it to all of you. Someone else will probably have posted it by then and there will be a fan war on that site, I am overly cautious lately and just won't post links of amatuer bloggers anymore. That is another reason I posted it here and nowhere else.

Granted theblogger already seems to have seen minimal crap, which I did not post here, it was nothing really, but I can see some fan commenting negatively on that one thing..

KAndre... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: I'm sitting here at work TRYING not to laugh out loud at your analysis of Clay's dance skills during AI and tour. I'm struck by your brilliance and I think that would make a great thesus for your masters. BWAH!!!

His eyes sure do go there when given a chance, huh!

A moment of silence please...

I broke my "I love a man with long laces" cup.

If anyone knows how I may purchase another, I will give you my first born, or my clack collection. I have used that cup every day for the past 4 years. I'm distraught.

Carry on.

ETA Money is no object. It was my way to have Clay on my desk every single day. Sniff. I'd look at those converse with the pink laces and smile.

A moment of silence please...

I broke my "I love a man with long laces" cup.

If anyone knows how I may purchase another, I will give you my first born, or my clack collection. I have used that cup every day for the past 4 years. I'm distraught.

Carry on.

ETA Money is no object. It was my way to have Clay on my desk every single day. Sniff. I'd look at those converse with the pink laces and smile.

Go here: http://www.marvelousmugs.com and email the admin. I'm sure she still has the design. It was the 15oz mug.

Or you can order a personalized version by sending her a picture of whatever you want.

Hey, Muski, I know about those Berean churches -- and they are the truly hardshell variety - no foot washing like the Primitive Baptists, but more hellfire and brimstone than you could shake a stick at!

Seriously, I was in a Southern Baptist church at least three or four times a week until I was 18 -- Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night, and G.A.'s too. We couldn't dance, play cards (dominos were the approved game), go to the beach with boys, go to swimming pools with boys, blah, blah, blah. Some of this my family went along with, but some we didn't. My mother wore shorts and we went to the beach -- we lived in Houston and Galveston and it was 100 degrees for Pete's sake! But we didn't play cards and we didn't dance ... not to mention drinking, smoking and all that jazz. I was a twirler in high school and it was a big stink when Old Lady Thomas across the street started a whispering campaign about me "prancing" around in a short short outfit. But my mother wore shorts so Old Lady Thomas be hanged! I left the Southern Baptists and went to another church, but that didn't last long. One Sunday in June 1968 the pastor got up and decried all the ballyhoo over the funeral train of Robert Kennedy and said it was a "blessing" that the country was spared another Kennedy in the White House. I got up and and walked down the aisle and out the front door and haven't been back to church except for weddings and funerals since -- and that's been ..... what? 40 years!!! So.be.it. But no matter -- I found my grail soon after. Or better stated, my grail found me.

One Sunday in June 1968 the pastor got up and decried all the ballyhoo over the funeral train of Robert Kennedy and said it was a "blessing" that the country was spared another Kennedy in the White House. I got up and and walked down the aisle and out the front door and haven't been back to church except for weddings and funerals since -- and that's been ..... what? 40 years!!! So.be.it. But no matter -- I found my grail soon after. Or better stated, my grail found me.

OMG, Keepingfaith... how wonderful of you! I'm impressed! I wish more people had your guts and right thinking. I bet there were many/at least some who wished for the courage to do what you did! Bravo!

Slush and snow here again today...can't say it enough...winter sucks! But it could be worse, so stay safe all of you in the tornado zone.

Topic de jour...can't dance; hubby can't dance...I may get one slow dance a year if we go to a wedding and then I have to lead and we usually just go around in a circle until the song is done.

I love that Clay ventured out of his comfort zone and took this role.

Kim

One Sunday in June 1968 the pastor got up and decried all the ballyhoo over the funeral train of Robert Kennedy and said it was a "blessing" that the country was spared another Kennedy in the White House. I got up and and walked down the aisle and out the front door and haven't been back to church except for weddings and funerals since -- and that's been ..... what? 40 years!!! So.be.it. But no matter -- I found my grail soon after. Or better stated, my grail found me.

OMG, Keepingfaith... how wonderful of you! I'm impressed! I wish more people had your guts and right thinking. I bet there were many/at least some who wished for the courage to do what you did! Bravo!

I'm impressed with my parents. They are in their 80's and finally left the SB's in 2002 -- because as my Mom put it ... "They think the most important thing in the life of Jesus is when he joined the Republican Party." A while back my mom told someone who asked her religion that she was Baptist, and when the lady asked "Southern Baptist?" my mother replied ........ "No .... Jimmy Carter Baptist." My mother is cute, by the way.