#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

I actually saw something in the Clelly, but I liked both of them, so maybe that is why. They seemed to have a lot of fun together. That being said, it seems like Kelly got crushes on a couple of other guys that she worked closely with after that tour, so who knows.

Kelly: Fairly or unfairly, she has generally struck me as being kind of shallow and not overly bright. I'm glad Clay has a friend who has shared his career experiences, but I suspect Kelly is all about Kelly.

Well, I feel I need to start my morning defending the Clelly - which I LOVE! I don't think he loses IQ points around her and I definitely do not think she is dumb - no way! I do think they get silly around each other, which I find cute, because I think they have similar personalities - silly, irreverent, great senses of humor, kind and caring. I don't think its coincidence either that they both carry with them a core of friends from their pre-Idol days. I think they have tons in common both from their pre-Idol days, as well as Idol and post-Idol. I think there is was more to their relationship that many would like to admit. Now, I think they are "just" close friends and that's great too.

I do think it is interesting that I remember a lot of people shipping them before she got bigger than Clay. Once "Breakaway" took off and she was so much bigger than him in the pop world, the claws came out and some who had shipped them were ripping her to shreds and ewwwwing any thought of shipping. It was so predictable!

I think they are adorable together and have always thought they just seemed to "fit" together well.

happyhugs.jpg

StPaul-KellyHug-3.jpg

You know if Tyra liked Clay that way and visa-versa , I think that would be very cool. I love that he sounded excited to see her there, and hurried to the stagedoor so he could get back in there? Seriously, what red-blooded man wouldn't? LOL!!!

ETA-- Kelly has a strange look on her face in that last picture. It doesn't look like love. BUDS, maybe!!!!

ETAA- I never saw Kelly as bigger than Clay. I looked at it more like her pop-star thing selling records. To me, Clay does a lot more than that. Kelly's fine. I just don't think they have the same priorities.

Whenever I see A-List celebrities like Tyra and Diane Sawyer get all fangirly around Clay, I am reminded of what Gladys Knight said to Clay during Season 2, that there was something magical about him/his look. She said she didn't know what was going to happen for him, but that it was going to be something big.

Although Clay has had 5 years to get used to the female attention, I recently saw some early interviews (the Idol tour, I think) where he seemed genuinely baffled about it .. "I don't understand it", he said.

I wonder why his 'magic' wasn't evident to girls before Idol, because apparently he never got the kind of attention even the average guy gets in high school.

I do sometimes wonder what it is about Clay that is so appealing to women, that he is now a bigger sex symbol than the likes of Justin Guarini or Joshua Gracin. And honestly, looking at the 'official' Idol pics for the Top 12 for Season 2, Clay's pic is the worst one (sorry, I really think it is crappy) out of all of them. And then look at him for his Wildcard performance and the rest is history, despite Simon comments about preferring him with his eyes shut.

His story is so amazing, some day a movie will be made about his life. I wish Clay would write a book for every decade of his life as it progresses.

There really isn't more there than I would like to admit...I think they are the very best of friends of the highest order, a very valued thing to Clay. And I could see that perhaps they could have gotten together at some point in those cramped quarters although I think she's moved on a couple of times over by now. And I think a lots of people still ship Clelly. You need to get out and about. Clelly has lots of fans. a couple of shipper sites just for them. A few people here not liking them together has nothing to do with her success. And I don't dislike her at all - think she has some of those traits you mentioned (although her friends are nothing to write home about) but like I said..it started out cute and quickly became not cute real fast and I've been pretty stable on this feeling since Independent tour. Differet ships just appeal to different people -- don't know that there is any direct pattern or rhyme or reason. It depends on what the shipper like and which side of Clay you like most.

You know if Tyra liked Clay that way and visa-versa , I think that would be very cool. I love that he sounded excited to see her there, and hurried to the stagedoor so he could get back in there? Seriously, what red-blooded man wouldn't? LOL!!!

He seems to hurry back in a lot more after a matinee - Tyra or no Tyra. Maybe it has something to do with having to do another show in a few hours....

ETA-- Kelly has a strange look on her face in that last picture. It doesn't look like love. BUDS, maybe!!!!

I see tears in her eyes and it looks like she is crying. That can happen after someone you are in love with does something wonderful like surprising you with flowers. See how easy it is to look at the same thing and get something completely different out of it?

ETAA- I never saw Kelly as bigger than Clay. I looked at it more like her pop-star thing selling records. To me, Clay does a lot more than that. Kelly's fine. I just don't think they have the same priorities.

Well, that is why I said Kelly was bigger in the pop world - and she was and is. She has sold many more records than Clay. She has won Grammys. She gets tons of radio play. She IS bigger in the pop world than Clay - and Clay would be the first to say so. And the fact she did get so much bigger than Clay in the pop world irked a whole lot of people in this fandom. Many got very jealous and jealousy can be such an ugly thing.

ETA: I never meant to imply everyone was jealous of Kelly and started hating her and the idea of the Clelly. But some did turn. I saw it with my own eyes. I know there are still those who love the Clelly. They just don't seem to be here! Which is ok. It just made me feel I needed to defend the Clelly from the ewwwwws.

Claygasm-- The last thing in the world I want to do this morning is upset you about Kelly. I'm glad you're a big fan of hers.

she has many and I think she worked hard. I think she's fine. We'll just have to agree to disagree on the relationship thing. It didn't develop into anything but maybe they had a moment. Yes, she did great with her record sales. Kudos to her. I just never saw Clay as a popstar. It seems they were destined to go down different paths.

Sorry about the specifics about Tyra. I wasn't there, so I live for recaps. I would imagine he was very excited to see a celebrity like her come to see him. There, I think we're good.

Oh I know it got bad out there Claygasm..which made it all the more interesting when people didn't know whose side to be on --Kelly or Clive heee. It was quite funny. But I think a lot of times Clay fans get the jealousy thing lobbed at them unfairly or aren't allowed to have opinions about other idols. But yep I've also seen some that seem to enjoy attacking everyone not Clay.

man, I don't wanna go to work...just think about Clay clay clay in spamalot.

ETA: Meant to bwah KAndre's family. They sound just as colorful as you.

KAndre.....I really MUST meet your family. :cryingwlaughter: Can you bring a few to dinner Monday night? :lilredani:

Just about the only fan fic with a real person that I DID read and enjoy was the CLYRA- and I'm not sure why that one didn't instantly turn me off like so many of the others do
?

lajeterfan, I'll take that as a compliment, glad you liked it..

Slept forever this morning....might make it to the opening speaker at lunch, heh. Although I still need to sync the latest mp4 downloads.. :whistling-1:

I always thought that if there really WAS something that happened on that AI Tour bus with Kelly, it was because of need and proximity and familiarity and affection (see kitchen chapter of Clyra) because she just doesn't seem to be 'enough' for Clay; Angela is a hot babe and she's very comfortable with being a hot babe on stage and that turns Clay on because he's a horndog and so he likes to play with her. If there was more, I say, "You go, now, Clangela!"; if not, then I still say, "You go now, Clay and Angela! Coss you two look hot together and seem to enjoy rubbing body parts together and giving and getting eyefucks and whatnot on stage and that means it's good for MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Tyra? That thing somebody posted (I'm sorry...I didn't copy the poster's name or the quote) about the cinnamon toothpaste---I knew that---but I did NOT know about the basil substitution for mint....hmmmm :whistling-1: As that silly German soldier would say on Laugh In, 'vehhhhhhhhh-dy inter-resting!'.... :lmaosmiley-1: And if there IS something more than mutual respect of: professional regard, appreciation of obvious physical attributes, acknowledgment of career ambition and success; interest and action in charitable endeavors; senses of humor;

(dang, this is a gooooood list! :whistling-1: )

etc.,

Then I'm happy as a June bug! If not and they still enjoy a friendship that's based on the above? I'm happy as a June bug! :lilredani: (Maybe even happier since :DoClay: --with emphasis on the "I" part)

Oh, okay.....I'll shut up now. Later, peeps! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

muski... agree about all you said above... especially about KAndre's family!

One of my favorite Clay interviews was Clay and Kelly on MTV. They had sooo much fun that day together. It was probably just deep affection of shared experiences, but it was fun to watch. I participated in a Clelly thread for a while. My opinion only, but I think she would have gone for something with him (or maybe did), but he just wasn't there, so they went their separate ways as just friends.

What I find interesting is the Kelly and Tyra are the only two I have heard about that have both said in radio interviews that Clay is not gay. So, that gives me a deep affection for both of them being in Clay's life.

Also love the Tyra interview. I don't think she expected to get that instant connection with him... from eye witness accounts, the whole staff could see how they clicked and that's why they just kept filming and ended up making him almost the whole show.

I think they found enough of a connection to know they both can just be themselves with each other and that has to be kinda sexy to both of them. Plus, they both know each other wouldn't be trying to use the other for any reason. Makes for a good foundation for a solid friendship, if nothing else. And, I think they are both smart enough to appreciate that, since good, loyal friends are rare in show biz.

My biggest reason for the fun of shipping them... she'd know how to handle the media fallout of them dating and I'd love to see that just to watch it happen. Hee!

It's a rainy morning here in sunny SoCal... just right for snuggling up with a good book waiting for the SuperBowl commercials to start. LOL

A little Sunday ditty:

There once was a kinight from fair Camelot

Whose dancing showed all that he had-a-lot

Said the prude with a frown

PLEASE TIE THAT THING DOWN

Cause these hussies are swooning and very-hot.

OMG, I'm so far behind after missing a day! :cryingwlaughter: But it was a good day spent in the company of many good Clayfriends so it's all worth it.

I've got to head off to work shortly, so I don't have time to see if this has already been posted, from toni7babe at CV...but if it has, enjoy it again! :lol:

From last night's stage door (I think...could be matinee):

th_IMG_7501.jpg

:hubbahubba:

Now....if you can manage to tear your eyes away from that GORGEOUS hunka ass for a minute.....

look at the lady with the white hair to his immediate left in the pic....and the way she is looking at him... :cryingwlaughter: That will be me when I get there.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Have a good one!

Kelly is extremely talented, I was astounded that she wrote "Because of You" when she was only 16.

However, Clay's talent is multi-dimensional, and it stretches beyond the entertainment platform. He is more talented than anyone from any Idol Season, in ways that cannot be measured in terms of CD sales.

A couple of posts ago, I commented that Clay's pic was the least attractive in the 'official' Season 2. But if they had taken a pic of his heart, it would have been THE most beautiful.

While I became a fan when I heard him sing for the first time (Solitaire on Season 3), it was through discovering all about who he was/is as a person that made me the fan that I am today.

I was so touched when I saw the vid of the Season 2 guys on tour, and when they had a day off they went to the White House. Clay, on the other hand, used his day off to raise awareness to the autism cause. That really got to me, that someone would use their new-found celebrity status to help a truly vulnerable group of children rather than indulge in what it could do for him.

What I find interesting is the Kelly and Tyra are the only two I have heard about that have both said in radio interviews that Clay is not gay. So, that gives me a deep affection for both of them being in Clay's life.

liney, I remember the Kelly mention (although of course the DJs ignored it), but do you have a link for Tyra's mention of Clay in a radio interview? Must have missed that one.

We never got clack of that. It was reported to have been said in a long interview on the radio show of Byron whats-his-name who also does an excellent very late night entertainment show.

Oops - looking at the CH archive, apparently it had been said that it was the Byron Allen show, but others said it was the Steve Harvey show. Not a solid certainty that it happened at all, or happened as reported. Look at the Imus mention as it actually happened versus the reports.

Oops - looking at the CH archive, apparently it had been said that it was the Byron Allen show, but others said it was the Steve Harvey show. Not a solid certainty that it happened at all, or happened as reported. Look at the Imus mention as it actually happened versus the reports.

Imus? As in nappy headed ho's Imus? hee..ok what did I miss..what was reported vs what really happened?

Imus? As in nappy headed ho's Imus? hee..ok what did I miss..what was reported vs what really happened?

I don't know what was reported, because I don't leave my safe enclave here at FCA much anymore, but here's the Clack Unlimited clip. It's a really brief mention.

I admit, some of what contributes to my "I don't see the Kelly thing" is from the AI2 Xmas special, where she came across as frankly neither entertaining nor singing well to me - and apparently too good to actually like, sing with the season 2 people, Clay included. She's said one too many thoughtless things, and frankly I think at least two of her "friends" before Idol totally suck and were complete assholes about Clay - and if someone has any real spark of romantic interests, they would have shut that down toot sweet. Hell, my friends don't even talk about my ex like that.

And the guys Kelly says she likes (at least what I remember, which isn't much because I had very little real interest in her) were more the bad boy types (Steve Tyler)...so very not Clay.

But that's just me.

I never thought there was anything between Kelly and Clay either except friendship; never saw any chemistry and I honestly have doubts that they are still "best buds" today...like some have said they are on different career paths and I have never been comfortable with the constant comparisions between their careers...to me it is like apples and oranges. I have never thought of Clay as a "pop star"; I think that term is very limiting. Success can be defined in so many ways and I think Kelly's definition and Clay's definition are on opposite sides of the spectrum.

Clay and Tyra...Definately saw chemistry there; I was amazed at the comfort level; first time I ever felt like I was really seeing Clay and honestly, there were times when I felt a little uncomfortable watching...like I was intruding on private moments.

Clay and Angela...there have actually been times when I have thought they may have had something going on...they just seem too familiar and comfortable with each other on stage and if it did happen, well good for them.

Quiana has always seemed more like a sister to Clay to me and I would never expect him to interact with her like he does Angela.

Kim

I just heard from play at Spamalot. She said it looks like the matinee may be sold out. People everywhere and a bunch standing in back. Might be a few empty seats in the balcony.

Doesn't anyone watch the Superbowl anymore? I know I don't. It's 59 degrees here today so I'm going out to do a little gardening. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Luckiest1 eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh re your flight news!! I'm thrilled for you!

As alspaz suggested, we're going JetBlue and they were the best flight prices I saw out of Buffalo. They do only go into JFK though.

Thanks, those rates are better than any I've seen so far. Can someone who is familiar with the different airports in New York and the taxi/public transportation system please PM me? I may need to rethink my hotel based on which airport we fly into/out of.