#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

I'm a little post-ho...

Prebid on the Spamalot bear!

Scroll down....it's signed by both David Hyde Pierce and Clay.

Why the hell aren't I rich?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

OMG, that's the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!

**edited because that comment was sooooooo mean, even I couldn't stand myself.** :lol:

This post brought to you by Shallow R Us.

Okay. This just CMSU big time! I've been there and done that, Bookwhore! BWAH! :lmaosmiley-1: :cryingwlaughter: (Difference is, of course, that such realization usually doesn't make me delete my posts! BWAH again! :lmaosmiley-1: )

I also think that for Clay...Jerome is more like family. I feel like he is not just security but a trusted friend, so he probably does not feel so closed in with him unlike how some celebrity would feel with a faceless security always following them around.

Bottlecap....I was really nodding my head when I read this...I just remember way back in 2004 at the LA BAF Gala....he and Jerome kept leaving to stand just outside the room and you could see Jerome speaking to him, but couldn't hear him of course. I asked Nick, whom I just happened to be standing near, what in the world was going on that Clay and Jerome kept ducking out like that? Nick's answer was appropriately vague--"oh, there's always this or that info that has to get passed back and forth"---but then of course much later, we found out about Clay's panic attacks and genuine fear of being in a crowd. That particular situation was a VIP reception before the actual Gala and the room was small and crowded--no barriers between Clay and lots of bodies...I understand now, but then...

So here we are---four years later and many truths later. Clay has told us that he not only suffered(s) from panic attacks but that he decided to get treated for them with medication. Through that and all the bullshit thrown at him by both haters and some of his own fans, I imagine it's very, very reassuring to him to have Jerome there. I'm glad he's there for whatever reason, if only because it's evident that Clay wants things that way.

Besides, I'm sure Jerome is discreet enough to leave the room when things start heating up between Clay and Tyra, aren't you? :lilredani:

(That's my fantasy and I'm sticking with it! :whistling-1: )

Finished my "Strategic Meetings Management" two-hour class and now am changing into jeans and sneakers to go to a Super Bowl party sponsored by one of the big hotel chains. Since we're holding meetings at their properties in April and November of this year, I figured they'd let me have a few beers and edibles on their tab, right? :trink4: :trink3: :00000442:

I talked with KarenEh on the phone earlier! Woo Hoo!

Now off to watch the game (sort of---I actually am not invested in this particular Super Bowl matchup. Tom Brady's hotter, so I'll root for him, I guess B) )

It seems like I've heard somewhere that the SSB at the Super Bowl is always lip sync-ed. There's too much noise for a singer to work with at something like the big game.

I thought she did great, and looked fantastic!

but at least it's kinda fitting as her father was a football player. That was the first time I heard her sing..I thought she was great.

Also, she is from Glendale, AZ and I was told her father played for the Giants at one time. Seems a perfect choice.

It seems like I've heard somewhere that the SSB at the Super Bowl is always lip sync-ed. There's too much noise for a singer to work with at something like the big game.

I think that's true...plus...it helps them not mess up the words.

*sigh* Do you ever feel like the "experts" in this fandom have to find something not quite right with Clay's performances just to prove they are "experts"?

I just caught the tail-end of Jordin's performance, but I thought she sounded good (I wasn't watching close enough to notice the lip-synching thing), and I thought she looked lovely. Good for her! I can't say that Jordin has been on my radar much since the end of her season, but she did win and she deserves the perks and opportunities that come with that.

*sigh* Do you ever feel like the "experts" in this fandom have to find something not quite right with Clay's performances just to prove they are "experts"?

BWAH I wondered about that too!

Yeah! Funny commercials! Who cares about the game? :cryingwlaughter:

Trouble is, there is too much football in between the commercials!

However, at 8pm here I hear tell there is some cute guy with razor like cheekbones singing DLTSGDOM......

I try not to read them. I like to keep my blood pressure within the safe zone. :cryingwlaughter:

ladyj, we had thundersleet this morning. It was really weird and we lost our electricity for a few minutes.

I thought Jordin did a good job with the anthem. I liked her last year on Idol and was really surprised to not see her doing very much as far as appearances. I downloaded a couple of her songs from iTunes. "I Who Have Nothing" is an old-fashioned ballad full of cheesy, bombastic glory notes.....the type of song I LOVE!. I love the way she sings it.

I watch the Super Bowl just to see the commercials. :)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome a few days ago....what a friendly bunch here!!

I thoroughly enjoyed our Ontario Clay group get together yesterday at the home of Goldarngirl. It was wonderful to hear the opening Spamalot weekend stories from Cindilu2. Luckiest - so glad to hear your mom maybe helping you out with flights!! That's awesome news.

We're watching the Superbowl here, but in Canada, even when we watch on American channels we seem to miss the fun commercials. We get a few new 'Canadian' commercials but not nearly entertaining as the American ones.

OK, I don't know what others reported, but I want to speak to the unbelievavle cruelty on the stage at Spamalot!!

Today the knight of Ni changed his name to the lyrics from "morning train" \

My baby takes a morning train

He works from 9 to 5 and then

He takes another home again

To find me waiting for him

*repeat chorus*

He treats me to a movie or to a restaurant

To go slow-dancin', anythin' I want

Only when he's with me

I catch life

Only when you give me, makes me feel alright

Except, hedidn't just sing a few bars, he sang and sang until pretty much everyone on stage had cracked up, he sang so much he ran out of lyrics and started singing about how they watch TV at night and how they go to Home Depot, and then continued on......

It was very long and pretty funny and, I am sorry, no one on stage could keep a straight face, the audience was dying and everyone cracked a smile, some people (not Clay) even guffawed. I think the king muight have survived it, but he had his back to me. Clay just kept turning to "Patsy" shaking his head, while "Patsy" out and out laughed.

Unlike the usual lots of guys report, this was lots of families with lots of young children. Guess they didn't read the warning, now they will have to deal with the fart jokes at home. I think Fear misunderstood me - I would say the Orchestar and Mezz wASZ sold out, there were empty rows in the balcony, but considering how cheap these seats are, eh. It was like opening night again with thunderous laughter and people who were not so sociable (like the guy next to me) became friendly at intermission.

I have all these comments saved, so I will get back to you on the Clelly and the Clyra and the rest and the history of danger.

BWAH I wondered about that too!

Me THREE!

You're kidding, right? Clay did something imperfect?

Well, I have to say I'm surprised that he lasted a whole three weeks before the experts bared their claws and the nitpicking began.

So the Super Bowl ads will have their own myspace page? Why am I bothering with watching the game again? Oh yeah, cute boys in tight pants....

playbiller, do you think the actors are a little looser and more playful in the matinees than in the evening shows you've been to, or do you think the Knights are always trying to provoke a reaction with their schtick?