#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

We're having THUNDERSNOW here right now! How weird is that? I'm glad we're home right now, but it's strange to be looking out the window, seeing snow, and seeing lightning and hearing thunder too!

You must be getting what we had earlier, this is the strangest weather, we still had 3 or 4 inches of snow on the ground from Thursday, then today I start hearing thunder and then we got pelted with a cross between sleet and hail that came so fast that we had about an inch on the ground in about five minutes.

Regarding Jordin Sparks, that was the first time I'd ever heard her sing, I thought she did a great job, I didn't even notice the lipsyncing

I think the main knight goes for it each time he is on stage, this is his big chance to make trouble and he tries, but from what I ahve seen before and had heard, nothing he ever tired worked until today - after he sang this painfully long version of his song, he turned to one of his underlings and said "I think we have to shorten that a bit". Of course this ws the first time I understood what he said after talking about a show - he turned and said - we have to hurry and get on ticketmaster to get box seats!

So, AI is using one of Clay/Bryan Adams' songs for the Hollywood rounds? How interesting.

The expert appears to think over the top behavior during live theater is inappropriate...sort of like NO ONE else was over the top, ya know? Makes me crazy. I've always heard that you "over act" so that those in the back can see you, too.

I thought she did great, and looked fantastic!

I just caught the tail-end of Jordin's performance, but I thought she sounded good (I wasn't watching close enough to notice the lip-synching thing), and I thought she looked lovely. Good for her! I can't say that Jordin has been on my radar much since the end of her season, but she did win and she deserves the perks and opportunities that come with that.

yep. And all I could think was what a cute girl and she isn't inorexic. My bil is still drooling. But my sister said on the radio they said..well we know she's not on some sort of diet. What the hell is wrong with her size that it warrants catty mentions.

Clay has told us that he not only suffered(s) from panic attacks but that he decided to get treated for them with medication. Through that and all the bullshit thrown at him by both haters and some of his own fans, I imagine it's very, very reassuring to him to have Jerome there. I'm glad he's there for whatever reason, if only because it's evident that Clay wants things that way.

Those were my thoughts as well.

I can only imagine what the stage door experience would be like for Clay without Jerome there, given his history of anxiety.

I thought she did great, and looked fantastic!

I just caught the tail-end of Jordin's performance, but I thought she sounded good (I wasn't watching close enough to notice the lip-synching thing), and I thought she looked lovely. Good for her! I can't say that Jordin has been on my radar much since the end of her season, but she did win and she deserves the perks and opportunities that come with that.

yep. And all I could think was what a cute girl and she isn't inorexic. My bil is still drooling. But my sister said on the radio they said..well we know she's not on some sort of diet. What the hell is wrong with her size that it warrants catty mentions.

She probably wears all of a size 12 - HORRORS!! And since most celebrity women these days are a size 2, well a 12 is downright fat!

After watching the DHP video clip from Spamalot I visited some webiste for Sara Ramirez. I didn't realize she had also played Lady of the Lake before Grey's Anatomy. Anyway, on this website I was amazed at the ugly comments people left about her size, laying bets on how much she weighed, wondering if they had to sew two regular size Lady of the Lake dresses together to make one big enough for her, etc. Well, I'm sorry, but she looks a helluva lot better to me than stick-girl Ellen Pompeo

heinz

We're watching the Superbowl here, but in Canada, even when we watch on American channels we seem to miss the fun commercials. We get a few new 'Canadian' commercials but not nearly entertaining as the American ones.

Here is a link to the site where you can watch all the superbowl commercials after the game and vote on which you think is the best, courtesy of Kim Kimando's Cool Site of the Day.

Super Bowl Ads

After watching the DHP video clip from Spamalot I visited some webiste for Sara Ramirez. I didn't realize she had also played Lady of the Lake before Grey's Anatomy.

And that's what originating a role on Broadway can get you. ABC TV peeps saw her in Spamalot, and offered her a choice of a role on any of the TV shows on the network. She wisely chose Grey's and there you go.

I dunno...I must be getting old...I don't even find the commercials funny or interesting anymore.

Yeah...pitchers and catchers report in less than two weeks & all will be right with my world again.

----

jj since I know you know what your talking about maybe you should go respond. You've seen the show multiple times and you have the theater background.

Pleeeeeeez????

edited but quoted....

heinz

We're watching the Superbowl here, but in Canada, even when we watch on American channels we seem to miss the fun commercials. We get a few new 'Canadian' commercials but not nearly entertaining as the American ones.

Here is a link to the site where you can watch all the superbowl commercials after the game and vote on which you think is the best, courtesy of Kim Kimando's Cool Site of the Day.

Super Bowl Ads

For some strange reason, this year we seem to be getting the American ads! I know we didn't last year. I'm not watching (have headphones on and am watching clack) but my kids are keeping me informed. LOL.

Giant carrier pigeons in the Fed Ex commercial - now those suckers could probably carry a coconut. I'm just saying... :whistling-1:

:hahaha:

jj since I know you know what your talking about maybe you should go respond. You've seen the show multiple times and you have the theater background.

Pleeeeeeez????

If not for your own satisfaction, how about the amusement of your friends ?

:cryingwlaughter:

I would LOVE to post but wouldn't people think it odd since my status over there is lurker at best? God knows I can't stand the green ink.

Pleeeeeeez????

If not for your own satisfaction, how about the amusement of your friends ?

:cryingwlaughter:

I would LOVE to post but wouldn't people think it odd since my status over there is lurker at best? God knows I can't stand the green ink.

I didn't know what you all were talking about. Then I went over and read the 'expert's' review. Damn, she just knows everything about everything and everybody. I wonder if she ever sleeps.

From CV

Spamalot Halftime Intermission Report from toni7babe

toni just called with an intermission report. Clay's wonderful...of course! He's rocking out again on "Find Your Grail". He was dancing and going after the girls during "Knights Of the Round Table and said "Come To Papa" tonight! She said there are a lot of NJU folks and the orchestra is full. He's getting lots of cheers. She's in the 6th row and can't see all of the balcony and mezzanine but there are lots of people up there. She couldn't tell how full though. No Lady of the Lake tonight. toni has lots of great pictures from the stage door earlier to post when she gets a chance.

Spamalot Intermission Report -- from d-mom --

Hannah (Lady of the Lake) is not there tonight and that does drop the energy level a bit -- the girl replacing her is Emily Hsu (ensemble player)

The crowd is almost full in Orchestra, maybe 50% in mezz, she can't see the balcony

Clay is doing very well -- totally fits in with the cast and is more relaxed with everything (dancing, timing, lines) compared to Opening Night

NOT a Clay crowd, lots of NJU people but receptive

Seeing this from the mezzanine is different but really good in some ways, better overall view, can watch the whole stage/orchestra, etc.

Invisible926 intermission report.

Hannah is not performing tonight. The girl who plays one of the minstrels is the understudy, there is no comparison.

This afternoon was awesome, his big number was the best of all the shows they have seen this weekend. Scarlett said if she never sees another show, that would have been just fine for her. He had fire in his eyes.

Nice crowd, both shows today pretty full. People all around them had idea that Clay was in the show.

Stage door this afternoon, he was very cute.

They concur with Playbiller that Morning Train Knights was very funny.