#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

Mother's Day is one of the BIG sales pushes for CDs. I found a market article that says CD sales increased 53.1 percent the week of Mother's Day. Plus, my friend used to work in a music store and TOLD me they sold mountains of CDs for Mother's Day.

I rest my case.

Ok fine. Whatever you say. But I think you also have to consider what kind of CDs sell for Mother's Day. Do pop CDs see that dramatic a difference in sales for mother's day? Rap? Barry Manilow? Do you have those stats?

I have never heard of anyone giving their mother a pop type CD for mother's day (except for the Clay fan who hoists Clay CDs on everyone they know whether they like it or nnot....). I have never heard of it being a big holiday for CD sales. I don't ever remember a push on CDs in advertisements for mother's day. Flowers, jewelry, clothes, perfume, even cars. But not CDs.

So I stand by what I said - despite the wise knowledge of your friend who used to work in a music store.

Listen - I am not trying to start a fight here. I just have my doubts that the CD will be released on May 6th. Even Clay said HOPED and ABOUT. I think we should all learn to take these things with a grain of salt. Past experience should tell us that.

But whatever. If you want to believe, believe. I prefer to sit back and wait for official word before getting excited.

ETA: Couchie -

That's a gift giving day and we all know his best demographic LOL.
Clay's best demographic? Most of their mothers are probably long dead! :cryingwlaughter:

Here is my wish for the new album:

I want what he wants.

That's all I can ask for, really. I'm his fan, and I'm willing to go along with anything he throws at me.

BTW, this wish also goes for any future tour, any future album, and his entire career. You'll probably hear me say this about 20,000 more times in the next few years.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: ldyj, this is me too, I know I'll be excited to buy it. I was at WalMart at midnight to buy the last 2, so I'm sure I'll be there with bells on again this time. He hasn't disappointed me yet. I have bought a lot of CDs by people over the years, where I might have only liked 2 or 3 songs on them. I truly can't say that about my Clay CDs. Sure, there are favorites, but I rarely skip songs like I do on those of other artists.

Every now and then I'll find myself listening to one of his songs that I haven't heard for a long time, and the next thing I know I'm shaking my head, that feeling just comes over me again that he really is something special.

Claygasm, you're probably right. Music Week probably made up those statistics and my friend smoked marijuana 30 years ago and probably fried his brain.

I'm SURE you are absolutely correct that NO one gives his/her mother a pop CD for Mother's Day.

You see how agreeable I am.

ETA: Couchie

Clay's best demographic? Most of their mothers are probably long dead! :cryingwlaughter

You mean that there aren't children of Clay fans who would be all too happy to buy a CD for their moms. Pretty easy present and Mom will be soooo pleased!!

ETA: Couchie

Clay's best demographic? Most of their mothers are probably long dead! :cryingwlaughter

You mean that there aren't children of Clay fans who would be all to happy to buy a CD for their moms. Pretty easy present and Mom will be soooo pleased!!

this Mom's not gonna wait for Mother's Day (if it actually drops on the 6th)....

THIS Mom's gonna go buy her own damn CD's!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Claygasm, you're probably right. Music Week probably made up those statistics and my friend smoked marijuana 30 years ago and probably fried his brain.

I'm SURE you are absolutely correct that NO one gives his/her mother a pop CD for Mother's Day.

You see how agreeable I am.

Well, I never said NO ONE. What I said was:

I have never heard of anyone giving their mother a pop type CD for mother's day (except for the Clay fan who hoists Clay CDs on everyone they know whether they like it or not....)
. There is a difference. I was also only stating my opinion based on my experience.

I would really like to read the article from Music Week. Perhaps you would like to bring it over. Perhaps you should have before you rested your case. As for your friend, perhaps in the music store he worked in there was an upswing is sales, but that hardly makes a case for the country as a whole. And I still would be curious as to what genre of music sees an increase in sales for mother's day. I think that would be a very important statistic.

Wandacleo, I am not going to argue with you anymore. Its not worth my time. Just know if your response to me hadn't been so snippy, mine wouldn't have been snippy back. The "I rest my case" was uncalled for.

ETA:

You mean that there aren't children of Clay fans who would be all too happy to buy a CD for their moms. Pretty easy present and Mom will be soooo pleased!!
My mother wouldn't be. She thinks Clay sounds like a girl! Not everyone's mother likes Clay. Its only a good gift if your mother would truly like Clay and not every mother does!

As I posted above, I can't post the link to the article because it requires membership to access anything but the summary. I haven't told a lie since I stole a pencil in the 2nd grade and suffered years of agony over that one sin.

Is that snippy enough?

ETA: Here's a link for ANOTHER article about the subject of CD sales for Mother's Day, but it must be lying too since I think Michael Buble is a pop singer.

Variety article about mother's day sales

OK, who has that rolled up newspaper?

J/K I never ever hit my puppy, I just snap at her.

Not every Clay fan foists CDs on people, some people actually welcome them. My Josh Groban friend loves Clay's Christmas album, she plays it allthe time at Christmas. I didn't give her others and I needed a quick Christmas gift and it all worked out. I learned quickly not to give my borther a CD, he is so afraid people might think less of him, but he doesn't have the nerve to confront me openly, such a wuss, he has plenty of his own issues, he doesn't need mine.

Just don't bleed on the bearskin rug, y'all. I have plans for it and me and Clay's nice round piece of joy. Well, maybe not plans, exactly...more like contingency...lol

((((HUGS))))

Time to buckle our seatbelts, I reckon.

and with that...I'm off to bed...

Claygasm, it's fine if you choose not to be excited and Iv'e been saying for the last year that it won't come out in May. But hey, I choose to believe now because Clay has not backed off that date yet. And if it doesn't happen, it's no skin off my nose. I doubt very seriously FCA will meltdown if the CD comes out in June, July, August...that's one thing I've learned about this place. It's just excited and happy to see really the first mainstream press mention the album and well ahead of my panic button date of March 30th heee.

And every mother doesn't have to like Clay..any time there are more people in the store shopping that's a good thing. It's like Xmas..we know more people are out and in the stores and a percentage may pick up the album. Hell even if it adds 1000 albums to the total that's a good thing.

I agree Play - I don't buy into the belief that everybody gives Clay CDs to people who don't want them. I think the only people I've ever bought a Clay CD for was my sister and my sister in law and they are both fans. Hell I bought the MCWL for my sister in law, got to her house for Xmas and she already had one so that made me happy. Haven't bought her another album since.

thunderdome?

Whatever. If my family doesn't buy me a new Clay cd for Mother's Day, I'll buy one for my mom and keep it. heh. The truth? I'm not really invested in the date the danged thing comes out....whenever it happens, that's when it's ready....and that's when I'll buy it.

:DoClay:

Let's see....wonder how Clay did tonight and last night as Sir Robin....any reports out there? :lilredani: