#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

Isn't it time for "House" yet?????

Hey muski - how come you said everything twice and what happened to your avie???

THe danged internet connection in my hotel room keeps hanging (and unfortunately not in a 'good' way)...so I hit the danged button more than once 'coss I'm so patient and whatnot...then I couldn't get back to delete one of them because the danged thing was hanging again (and since I'm not talking about Clay and his rabbit, that ain't good)...

avatar? I don't know...I'll investigate...

CG, I wrestled the remote away from DS as soon as the game was over and clicked over to PBS to watch the Jane Austen marathon. My poor DS..he just sat on the couch with his head in his hands saying, "I can't believe it" over and over, then got up and went home. Poor kid took it hard.

I love reading the Spamalot recaps, so thanks to everyone who brings them over. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

From CV:

scrpkym just posted this at the CH with a WARNING!

250608946-L.jpg

Ok, here's something that caught my attention. I read a description of Clay's portrayal of Sir Robin as 'fey' and 'spineless'. Of course that description is being challenged, I think in part because fey sounds too much like gay. I was thinking just yesterday about Clay's interpretation of the role and was reminded a little bit of Johnny Depp's portrayal of Cap'n Jack Sparrow, which in my opinion is best described as 'fey'. Whimsical, otherworldly, enchanted.

I'd be interested in y'alls thoughts. Opinions?

:cryingwlaughter: I just said the same thing elsewhere.

I'm kinda liking this one, too....

scrpkym_matinee1_020308.jpg

Hee great minds and all that! You can never have too much Clay Aiken

True and truer! :cryingwlaughter:

Has anyone checked on bottlecap? What with the closeup tongue? Surely she's died and gone to heaven by now?

bottlecap was busy saving some new pics to her photobucket account and contemplating just what Sir Robin / Clay Aiken does right before hitting the stage door that provokes all the lip licking. [And it best not involve any of those slutty Laker Girls!] Seems like someone's in desperate need of some Clay Aiken OFC Lip Balm.

Crap....can't get the link to my hair toss pic for my avie to work anymore! I'd linked it directly to the person's source who posted it and when I tried to link it from my photobucket copy, the link url is too long to fit in the FCA box!!!!

So I picked another pic for now... :cry4:

From CV:

Oh my CLACK ALERT

Anyone that can cap it, Clay interview about his Mexico trip on WRAL MORNING NEWS tomorrow. Same outfit as when he was plugging Quiana's Dreamgirls (must have done the interview then too )

A recap from the CB:

allforlovetoo wrote: Quote:

We just returned from our weekend in NY and I think I'm finally getting my head out of the 'Aiken Fog' enough to attempt a recap of last Thursday and Friday night's shows. (1/31 & 2/1) I'm not much of a poster on the boards, but everyone seems to be really enjoying the recaps, so I thought I'd add our Spamalot experience as well:

Just thinking about the last few days puts my heart in a twitter! Our original plans were to fly into NY on Thursday morning, see the sights of NYC for the day and attend the show on Friday night only. WHAT WERE WE THINKING?? After reading all the recaps and feeling the excitement on opening night, we simultaneously (literally) agreed there was NO way we could be in NYC , a few blocks from Clay, and not see the show on Thursday night too! We were lucky enough to locate front row seats, left orchestra on the Spam site for Thursday night! We were so close to the stage that there were a few opportunities during the show where we could have reached out and grabbed Clay's…....................foot! (Ah' said foot!! TeeHee) We also got rather dizzy having to stretch our necks back so far trying to keep our eyes locked on that tower window straight up above us, but there was no way we were going to miss a second of Clay. What can I say ladies but this: if you have a smidge of a chance to see this show, beg borrow, sell, (I would say steal but I don't think Clay would approve of that) anything to get you there!!!! It was my first time to a Broadway show, and what an experience! My jaws hurt from laughing so hard! Clay got lots of laughter and reaction to his lines and the biggest applause at the end. His facial expressions are priceless. And it sounds like he's getting better show by show. He may technically be a newbie to Broadway, but you would never know it by watching him on stage. He definitely fits right in with the rest of the cast. Lots of NJU's on Thursday night. There were also many men throughout the theater. We think we females were outnumbered for once! The group of guys behind us laughed non-stop. This is your chance ladies to bring your "significant other" to a show to introduce him to Clay's talents. Believe me, they will enjoy it. (The buxom women doing a Laker Girls routine doesn't hurt either.) It was really cool to see the look on Clay's face during the finale…..all that applause coming from NJU's. Yay! Oh yes, it did seem like once in awhile, the "4th wall" would come down for a few seconds and he would take a quick peek at the people in the audience rows that he could see from the stage, searching for a familiar face. Sigh……

On to the stage door: After the cast left the stage, we put on our "On An Aiken Mission Wings", and quickly flew outside. We found a great spot where bearcat was able to catch the famous 'hair toss' on her video! Gahhhhhh! Pick us up off the concrete!!! (my heart is fluttering again!) He so knows. I was trying to think of a little something to say to him, so as he was signing my poster I said: "no more claiming that you can't dance Clay" to which came his reply "it's all smoke and mirrors" Yeah right, Clay. The man CAN dance ladies. We knew it was in him, he just needed the right setting for his dancing debut, where he wouldn't be worried about being teased about it. His next tour should be pretty interesting since we now all know that he can really shake is booty! Can't wait! Makes me wonder what other "surprises" he's hiding inside. Hee hee. Sir Robin may be afraid to fight a war, but he is very brave with his moves on the stage with the women. Wowzer!! I'm sure he's enjoying working with all the beautiful ladies day after day. Another heart flutter for me: as Clay was walking back to the stage door, my Sir Robin poster slipped onto the ground and under the barricade, and Clay, gentleman that he is, reached down and picked it up for me. Sigh……….

Friday night, there were more fans in the crowd than Thursday, but overall lots more NJU's . We were sitting on the right orchestra side row B so we had a different perspective that night. There were about 5 PYT's sitting in front of us and they were definitely there for Clay, dying at every move he made. Too cute! I was sitting in 101B, so I knew there was a chance I would be picked to go up on stage. Lordy I'm glad it wasn't me, because I probably would have soiled my pants! The lady behind me was picked and she did a great job on stage. King Arthur made a funny comment about liking her athletic shoes. It looked like she was doing some major thudding while Clay was staring and serenading her. I don't think I would have survived. No way. OMG, the guard scene was hysterical! I don't know how he manages to keep a straight face, but it's just proof that he is quite the professional. When he was lying "dead" right in front of us, (flat on his back, mind you) it was very difficult to pay attention to the show, because I could see his chest slowly rising and falling, his chest slowly rising and falling, his chest slowly rising and falling……. Ahem….. Ok, so yeah my mind was going in lots of "other directions" in a hurry, but luckily, Clay "wasn't dead yet". He rose to his feet and I regrouped (kinda sorta). Oh my Lord does he do a deadly look when he starts the Russian Bottle dance! And the "come hither" look at the piano….A puddle of goo, I was. I'm lovin' that he's giving his "Aiken goodbye salute" as he walks off the stage. I feel like it's meant just for us. Sigh………

Friday night at the stage door we are guessing there were maybe 75 or so people waiting for Clay. There were some cute PYT's right up front and being all fan-girly, and Clay was messing with them too getting them all flustered. Love to see that! As Clay was headed back into the building, one of the chorus girls was exiting through the door at the same time and they stood in front of each other and both did the "fan- girly, Clay" scream at each other. Funny! You can see Clay doing it on Bearcats stage door video from Friday, 2/1. We also met Tom Deckman, who plays Prince Herbert and Rick Holmes (Sir Lancelot). They were both very sweet and let us take pictures and signed our playbill. We chatted for a little while with them. They are both awesome in their parts in the show! Tom Deckman is so adorable, (Age 29: just a FYI) I wanted to take him home with me! His part as Prince Herbert is absolutely hysterical. The whole cast is very talented!

Clay seems like he is having so much fun performing in Spamalot. He just radiates Joy. He is so in his element on stage, and so adorable. It's hard to explain, but when I watch him up there, I feel like a proud Momma even though I don't know him personally. You can tell he's grateful for us too. He knows that we are there and making sacrifices for him and I truly believe he appreciates it, even though things can get a little crazy at times in our Clay world. The man is sooooo talented. His time has come. He has found his "Holy Grail". It will be very interesting to see where his career goes from here, whether it's more Broadway shows, touring, TV or movies (God, I would never survive seeing Clay on the BIG screen!). I am just thrilled to be along for the ride from the beginning. Grease hipshake????? When was that? Just think, we're going from Spamalot, to a new CD!! WooHoo!!!!

Off to unclutter my house. I think it's time I have another yard sale for the Spamalot fund……. Hubby needs to see this show!

I think I spot merrieee in this one.

As for a few somewhat patronizing critics:

Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer,

And without sneering, teach the rest to sneer;

Willing to wound, and yet afraid to strike,

Just hint a fault, and hesitate dislike;

Alike reserved to blame, or to commend,

A timorous foe, and a suspicious friend; <snip>

Like Cato, give his little senate laws,

And sit attentive to his own applause;

~Alexander Pope

Preference for or knowledge of classic theater may not lend itself to appreciation of vaudeville, eh? Then again, the opinions of obvious rap fans critiquing Clay's pop album also carried little weight with me.

Oooh, somebody won the Super Bowl! I've been playing Sims and so haven't noticed....heh.

Sounds like Birra it is! Shall we say 6:30, people?

Gotta admit, the blond isn't working for me as much - I've never been into blonds...

Oooh, somebody won the Super Bowl! I've been playing Sims and so haven't noticed....heh.

Sounds like Birra it is! Shall we say 6:30, people?

Gotta admit, the blond isn't working for me as much - I've never been into blonds...

But has a blond ever been int- never mind ...

Shall we say 6:30, people?

In the words of Sir Robin,

"Oh, YES!" :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm sooooooo happy for Clay. Mainly because HE seems so happy. And then selfishly for me because he's so freakin' good on Broadway and because I'm twelve and all, I just want to

neenerneener at all the asshats who've been saying for five years that his fifteen minutes of fame are up!

So

:langue:

:biteme::fooling: :finger: :tongue09:

Oh...and by the way, this emoticon is obscene! :happy-male-133:

ilikeit

It feels good not to be alone!

Of course I probably am alone on this. That latest picture, the one on the angle, the one the CH is now using for their banner? I think he looks like a girl in it.......

I foolishly bought a ticket for the matinee next Saturday afternoon, thinking at the time, that I couldn't hang on until April 1st.

Hey Karen Eh! I'll be at that matinee. I'll see you there! ;)

After all, April is very far away - and so is Baku!

Oh, as to the dust bunnies... Don't worry about them. If I know your company, as long as you have found the corkscrew, all will be fine! :juul:

Alright, I'm done cleaning up.....BUT....in the process I found 5 large tubs of coins....mostly silver....here and there in various and sundry closets and what have you around the apartment. A few days ago I came across several bags of coin rollers which for some reason never did make their way into a box. This morning, I found them on the counter in the spare bathroom. Tonight, the tubs of coins and the coin rollers are sitting side by side on top of the low file cabinet.

Gee, I wonder how much money could be in 5 tubs of coins. :D

And I could just drink coffee at Birra's at 6:30 and oogle other people's mushrooms.

Since Baku and April are so very far away.

eeeeeee Mushrooms at Birra's at 6:30.

Any one want to join us?

Tempting...I have a fondness for fungus... :cryingwlaughter:

Of course I probably am alone on this. That latest picture, the one on the angle, the one the CH is now using for their banner? I think he looks like a girl in it......

CG...for me, it's the eyeliner than makes him look too feminine in that pic. However.....that being said....he looks so freakin' happy and glowing and hip and young and confident and happy and hawt and all, I'm kinda...er....liking it. :hubbahubba: