#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

Just a fly post here. I have a pair of Row A tickets in left Orchestra for tomorrow night if anyone is interested. Scarlett and I have made other arrangements. I can email the tickets or hand it to you in person before the show.

See couchie...that's THREE posts this year! :cryingwlaughter:

oooh three whole posts heee

I'll take them..oh that means I have to pay 1000 for a plane ticket to get there? Never mind. LOL.

From GBB at CH:

Talked to Corabeth at intermission. She said Clay is great! And that her seat is absolutely perfect for the slo-mo scene - crotch shots galore.

Apparently some time this afternoon a piece of furniture was lobbed out of a 37th floor window directly across from the stage door. Broken glass is everwhere and the area is taped off with crime scene tape. So probably no stage door tonight.

Oh, maaannn...I just sat through a very painful two and a half hours of high school orchestra students butchering classical ensemble music. Do they not even TUNE these kids beforehand? This is a good group of musicians, too, which makes it a double shame that they sound so very bad on the eve of a competition. Did nobody practice? Were they all sight-reading? My ears were bleeding, I tell you! Bleeding! And I couldn't be rude and listen to my ipod until it was my kid's turn, could I? Fortunately, a couple of ensembles sounded decent, including my cello player's, but I was wishing so badly to be somewhere else. Anywhere else! lol I even texted merrieeee in desperation, hoping for sympathy...to no avail. heh

Anyhow...as for Clay Aiken and his cd announcements, I'm liking the buzz. Hopefully, this is just the beginning. Can't wait to see what he's come up with this time around. Can't wait for my turn to see him in April, yo!

(((muski))), how very discouraging! I'm sorry you feel you are being torpedoed. I'll be hoping you can turn things around to your advantage. 'Cause selfishly I want to see you in NYC. Plus, you know, I want you to be happy.

Anyhow...got to run to the store for a few things...Yeah, I know it's late, but that's the way it is sometimes. Didn't expect tonight's little get-together, as kid told me about it on the way to school this morning. heh

From CV

codmag report: no stagedoor (kind of figured after the last report) and the whole street is closed off, they are being herded out like cattle and the police are saying "closer, closer

Previous report:

Apparently some time this afternoon a piece of furniture was lobbed out of a 37th floor window directly across from the stage door. Broken glass is everwhere and the area is taped off with crime scene tape. So probably no stage door tonight.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Linda Loveland said she was in the recording studio with Clay today!!!!!!!!!!

Hobbitkitty just called after finally making it to the train station after getting herded out of the theater like cattle as she put it....she told me something that Linda told her today that she forgot to tell me earlier to post...

Not sure exactly why, but DAYUM! This just made me go...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Muski...big hug to you. I'm getting antsy on my job right now. At the point where sweet ole me is getting pissy about every little thing. For people who can stay at the same job for 25 years I envy you. I swear about every 3 years I just get an itch to move the hell on.

Just a fly post here. I have a pair of Row A tickets in left Orchestra for tomorrow night if anyone is interested. Scarlett and I have made other arrangements. I can email the tickets or hand it to you in person before the show.

See couchie...that's THREE posts this year! :cryingwlaughter:

Oops, Were you going to stay here? I need to change the sheets if so. Tomorrow is going to be a horrible night. I hope you stay through the weekend because the the rest of the weekend is supposed to be nice. Let me know if you need anything, I am no longer contageous. I was thinking of going to a show on Sunday.

Muskie, been there on the job scene, actually outlasted a lot of people that wanted me gone. Hint: if someone says that they don't believe in having friends at work to you on the first day, they are nor going to be your friend. Definitely network. You p[robably have a lot of friends from old jobs and this is the best way to find a new job. Or you could dig in and out last the person giving you problems, but that is the more stressful way of handling it.

Good luck.

Oh, maaannn...I just sat through a very painful two and a half hours of high school orchestra students butchering classical ensemble music. Do they not even TUNE these kids beforehand? This is a good group of musicians, too, which makes it a double shame that they sound so very bad on the eve of a competition. Did nobody practice? Were they all sight-reading? My ears were bleeding, I tell you! Bleeding! And I couldn't be rude and listen to my ipod until it was my kid's turn, could I? Fortunately, a couple of ensembles sounded decent, including my cello player's, but I was wishing so badly to be somewhere else. Anywhere else! lol I even texted merrieeee in desperation, hoping for sympathy...to no avail. heh

I'm sorry, OOlsee! There's nothing worse than an out-of-tune orchestra, particularly the string sections.

I was actually coming here to brag about the musicians and theatre kids at my daughter's high school. We just had opening night of Titanic, and it was great! The orchestra is actually quite good; there's only the occasional little mistake here and there. And I'm not saying that just cuz I'm playing piano in the orchestra! :) The sets and costumes are amazing, and the acting and singing are quite good. We had a GREAT turnout for the first night - almost a sell-out, and it's a pretty large theatre! Our best compliment of the night was from a woman who goes to lots of shows all over the Denver & Boulder area, just because she loves theatre. She doesn't know anyone at the high school, so she had no reason to be complimentary. She said to our director, "OMG, this was NOT a high school musical. You did amazing things with these kids. This is the most professional high-school production I've ever seen. I'm coming back tomorrow and bringing some friends." Yay!!!!

I've had a lot of fun being a part of this production, and it's been a great way to stay involved in my daughter's life. We have several more shows over the weekend, and then we're done!

:nana:

For those who like Linda Huber's drawings of Clay - here's her latest:

huberenlarged.jpg

Gibby, thanks for bringing the Huber print over. I love that photo of Clay, so needless to say, I adore the drawing. I've actually stared at it for quite awhile now. Ahem. She now has done 14 drawings of Clay. On her website, where you can look at all of the drawings together, it is so interesting to see his many faces, he is such a beautiful chameleon. It was also interesting to read her drawing tips.

ETA: I was just tooling around her site a little more and on the "drawing board" section, she has this drawing displayed and she said she really enjoyed doing this drawing and thinks it is one of her best works of art. Funny, I some how imagine God thinking the same thing about the original.

Not sure exactly why, but DAYUM! This just made me go...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Mee too!

There is a short WRAL clip in the vault already about the May album release. I wonder if we'll get any in-studio footage in next week's Linda Loveland interview?

EEEEEEEEEEEE! on the album news. I think that calls for some dancing 'nana's!

:manynanas:

:bday2:

....for NANA4CLAYAIKEN and skybar. (OK, I cheated and saw on a different board that it's skybar's birthday...)

That Linda Huber drawing is stunning. My husband looked over my shoulder last night and saw it; he said "photoshop?" I said "no way." He was impressed. *g*

From Ch:

More from Hobbitkitty at CV:

So, unfortunately I can't do a full recap since I am going to New Hampshire tomorrow and I haven't finished packing. But, anyway I'm sure DM has already told you what I told her over the phone. Linda told me that she was in the recording studio with Clay all day today and that she got to hear a BUNCH of new songs. I told her I was insanely jealous, but completely did not even think to ask her what they sounded like! I then proceeded to make a fool of myself on camera. At least I have till Wednesday to find myself a good hiding place.

:00003653:

NANA4CLAYAIKEN and skybar

Good Morning Everyone,

72 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

74 Days until The New CD!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

ldyjocelyn

That Linda Huber drawing is stunning. My husband looked over my shoulder last night and saw it; he said "photoshop?" I said "no way." He was impressed. *g*

It kind of makes me sad that this is the same thing Clay said when he saw one of her drawings. It's like she doesn't get credit for her talent because we live in a time when it's possible to mimic "hand drawn" with software. Hopefully, someone disabused Clay of his understandable assumption. Send hubby to her website if you really want to impress him. It shows her work in progress and it's really very amazing. Um. And often tasty. :)

Bringing over a couple of goodies from CV:

Week's 10 best Quotes from People mag

Fortunately, he didn't add "or on the chain!" :cryingwlaughter:

Also:

Greetings! From “The Celebration Team”!

We are excited and happy to announce we are planning a mega celebration in honor of Clay and his new CD release earmarked for early May, 2008! This will once again be held in Hollywood, CA!

Many of you may remember me from the last Hollywood, CA CD Release Party, in September, 2006, which ultimately lead to that amazing CD signing at Virgin Megastore.

I have put together a new team, “The Celebration Team” and we have once again partnered with Virgin Megastore of Hollywood, CA, in planning one of the most exciting Hollywood events for 2008!

The Clay Aiken, 2008 CD Release Celebration!

As we all know, Clay Aiken has stated several times over the past few months his goal to have his new CD out sometime this year. More recently he has set that goal for May, 2008.

In preparation for that, several weeks ago I contacted the regional Marketing Director for Virgin Megastore, the West coast, to see if once again, Virgin Megastore of Hollywood, CA wanted to come on board for this new celebration. The answer was a resounding yes!

In fact, when the regional Marketing Director for Virgin Megastore returned my email, she informed me she had already forwarded my email with our plans for this great celebration to Sony! With Virgin Megastore’s help and contacts, we are once again looking forward to an exciting celebration!

We want to really celebrate this new CD by giving it the biggest sendoff on CD drop day in Hollywood! And to give it legs!

The Celebration Team was put together to get this organized in the next couple of months along with the help of Virgin Megastore of Hollywood, CA.

Our website will be operational within the next week or so, and this is where you can actually find out more about the event and to register for the event!

Get ready to come to Hollywood and have a great time!

Go Clay!

Psbintl

pam

I don't know this person at all, but maybe some of you Cali people do?

and a recap from Runningfree at the CH:

After only a bit of enabling (Hi guys! *waves*) I felt justified in going to Spamalot tonight. Got there about 7:30PM. There was a big crowd of people outside and a big group of men in uniforms standing at attention in the Shubert Alley. The few people I spoke to didn't have any idea what is going on, but we agreed that it was interesting. At the box office I got a standing room only number 15. That meant that I was off to the far right and there probably weren't that many more of those tickets left. I went downstairs to sit in a lounge until the play started. I asked the asher upstairs about the time a couple of times and did some people watching to pass the time and struck up a conversation with a couple of nice ladies. As I turned to go upstairs, one of them said to the other "I just wish we have given away the ticket." "Do you have a spare ticket?" I inquired. Indeed they did. I wound up sitting in row J seat 108. It was a great seat! I sat next to those lovely ladies and had a great time. What a stroke of luck!

Just like the other times I saw it, the play was wonderful. Clay was great. So comfortable, joyful and glowing in group scenes, deadly hawt in the Russian dance. Interesting moment I noticed when he finished his solo number and went back to stand before the king, his posture changed from comanding to defering to the king in one moment. Overall his voice was lower and he did seem a bit more subtle than he was when I saw him on Feb 3, probably at the direction of Mike Nichols. I liked it.

I also got to finally see Hanna and she was great. With her, unlike with the understudies, I got the feeling that the singing was just a child play for her, very effortless and playful. She had so much fun and so did the audience. There were some young girls in front of me and one of them got all excited at Lancelot coming out scene, and she said she wants a gay guy of her own. The boy who was with them wasn't thrilled.

I missed the stage door. We were indeed ushered out like a cattle. The alley and the street was closed.

I asked this on another board, but got no response...maybe youse guys can help me? I know a lot of effort has gone into compiling "best of" series from concerts. Does anyone know how far back these go? And also where to find what we DO have of these? I haven't been collecting them, but think I'd like to go back in time a bit. AI rewind has me nostalgic for another look at the man at the beginning of this amazing ride. Help a sistah out? :)

And EEEEEEEEEEEE for Linda Loveland!

And EEEEEEEEEEEE for another Virgin Megastore party. (brought to you by the word "celebration")

Happy birthday to skybar and NANA4CLAYAIKEN!!!!!

Rock on! av-72008.gif

00lsee, are you talking audio or video? Here's FCA Media, which gives lots of great audio, including many "best ofs." But video? Not sure on that one.

My cynical nature is kicking in this morning, because I rolled my eyes at the announcement of the CD Release party in LA. I'm sure it will probably be fun; no doubt about it actually. But I think for this album, I'm just going to go to WalMart at midnight, pick up my copy, and take it home with me. Listen to it once, come here to FCA and post my initial reactions, listen to it again, and then go to bed, dreaming the entire night of Clay's wonderful voice. I guess I don't feel the need to "share" this experience with so many people this time; I'd rather it just be "me and Clay." And then you guys after we're finished and I'm smoking a cigarette.

The "Best of" stuff seems to be sort of sporadic. I know Aflack did a "Road to Independence" Series, and in the CH vault there are a fair number of audio "best ofs"...I'm reorganizing all my clack (due to the stupid hard drive failure and the clack I'm sending to claytonic - so hopefully by the end of the month I plan on having "highlights" for each year. For everything. I'm insane, I know.