#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

OMG! I just realized that this review is from Associated Press, not from the Herald! That means it will be OUTTHERE! Everywhere! OMG! This is wonderful.....(schmoopie right now and not ashamed to say it).....

AND this should be a thread title:

Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly

oh....oh....joy....joy.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Awwwwww, that review makes me all schmoopy. I'm so proud of him, y'all.

I'm also thrilled that they gave the rest of the cast their props as well.

17.gif

:flirtysmile3:

*happy sigh*

I love the review and I really enjoyed the writing style. The phrases "perpetually petrified" and "benign bewilderment" just roll off the tongue, do they not? I'll admit I'm a sucker for clever alliteration.

:clap::clap: Anonymous AP Reviewer.

On the yahoo page it has this byline:

By MICHAEL KUCHWARA, AP Drama Critic

SPAMTASTIC!!!!!

I think 'team player' is going to make Clay very, very proud. I know I'm about to burst!!!! And he's right - Hannah does have the showstopping role (songs).

ETA: posted by janfan821 at the Clayboard:

Michael (Kuchwara) is a highly respected drama critic. At one time, he was president of the New York Drama Critics' Circle.

It's on my yahoo home page!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

What a great review...I think Clay will be so excited and I love that all of the cast were given their dues. I am also glad Hannah got such great comments. That role is sooo difficult..and Sara Ramirez made it look effortless. Its so over the top that it takes a really good actress to give the role justice and great if Hannah is doing just that.

its funny though that they called him supremely silly but EW not silly enough. Me thinks EW was just looking for something the complain about.

interesting discussion about the Hubert sketches. To me this is very different from people taking pictures ...putting them on pins and selling them on ebay. People do not buy this art just because of the subject and composition...if that is the case then just enlarge the pictures. What people pay for is the skill and artistry that was used in creating each piece. I have seen other sketches of clay and they are not the same at all even when they do the same photo...each sketch will be unique to the style and skill level of the artist.

I also remember there was s discussion of copyright infringement when it comes to the pins. I remember someone saying original art is not covered because that is someone else's interpretation of the photos.

I used to be an artist. I say 'used to' because I haven't picked up a pencil in 15 years, but I used to sketch portraits of friends' children, people would ask me to sketch their house for them, etc. My son does, too, and his work is so exquisitly shaded it looks like a photograph. So I'm familiar with what Linda Huber does. The photograph might belong to some one else, but the heart and soul of a hand-drawn picture is purely her own. I really don't view it as a copyright infringement, but that's probably just me. :)

Word...

About the cd release parties. I think its wonderful if fans want to get together and celebrate the release of the CD...But even for ATDW, I was very much against the coordinated effort to get PR for the parties...I was specially dismayed by the press release that was created for it. I really felt that the press release tend to put focus on the fans and not on Clay and his music. I also thought it seemed like the fans were trying to create buzz for the cd and I really think that is not our job. It is up to TC and RCA to promote the CD and up to Clay to create music that will get respect and buzz.

So for this time..I hope people do get together to celebrate...but just forget about press release and inviting the media. That rarely works in our favor anyway.

I really felt that the press release tend to put focus on the fans and not on Clay and his music. I also thought it seemed like the fans were trying to create buzz for the cd and I really think that is not our job. It is up to TC and RCA to promote the CD and up to Clay to create music that will get respect and buzz.

So for this time..I hope people do get together to celebrate...but just forget about press release and inviting the media. That rarely works in our favor anyway.

BIG, FAT WORD, Ansa!

And just how cool is that about the guy who wrote the awesome Spamalot/Clay & Co. review being a respected drama critic? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

A couple wallpapers - I think maybe Caro posted Sir Robin before so forgive me if it's a duplicate. I don't think there was a widescreen though. The first one is also a March calendar if you'd like.

clickables (you might have to click twice for full size)

th_MARdreamyWSnodates.jpg

th_MARdreamyREGnodates.jpg

th_SirRobinWS.jpg

th_SirRobinReg.jpg

March Calendar regular screen

March Calendar wide screen

Love the wallpapers cindylu. In that first picture it appears that his eyes follow you around. It's really a great picture that you used.

The AP review is so deserved. When I saw Spamalot and Clay was up in the tower, I was not sure it was him. I thought to myself, this is a really good actor, it's not Clay. I was just awe struck the entire evening. :clap: In my mind he is the epitome of the role model he always wanted to be: hard work pays off.

OOlsee

a footnote to luckiest1's suggestions. Aflack's Independence Tour series is lots of fun as well as being an excellent Best of.

It seems that she has not done any new montages for a while, which is a pity, all are good and a couple I'd recommend are The One and Only and I Survived Asshat. These are available at CU.

In 2006 she put out Block Party....I wasn't around for that party where all the boards got together to celebrate Clay and she made a montage of people's favourite photos and video clips. I looked around for it but it isn't available any more.

I found Aflack's Block Party montage (Get This Party Started) in my files... here's a sendspace.

But do yourselves a favour and DON'T miss goldarngirl and luckiest1's tour montages. They are the best!!!

WOW - What a great review!! It's been a great week in CLAYLAND!!

I am all geared up for my all-day SPAM-a-thon tomorrow. I have a new bag (large), a new camera (small but powerful), a new coat (warm and mid-length) and new socks (thermal)!!

I have to get up at the butt-crack of dawn and leave here about 7:30 to catch an AM bus! Then we'll see the 8 pm show, and catch a 3 AM bus back. Like I said - a SPAM-a-thon!!!

If I'm still awake when I arrive home on Sunday morning, I'll check in!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Anyone else going tomorrow night?

merryclay, I can't get that link to work. :shrug: Darn, I want to see another good review!

But do yourselves a favour and DON'T miss goldarngirl and luckiest1's tour montages. They are the best!!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yup, I agree! Their concert montages are excellent!

WOW - What a great review!! It's been a great week in CLAYLAND!!

I am all geared up for my all-day SPAM-a-thon tomorrow. I have a new bag (large), a new camera (small but powerful), a new coat (warm and mid-length) and new socks (thermal)!!

I have to get up at the butt-crack of dawn and leave here about 7:30 to catch an AM bus! Then we'll see the 8 pm show, and catch a 3 AM bus back. Like I said - a SPAM-a-thon!!!

If I'm still awake when I arrive home on Sunday morning, I'll check in!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Anyone else going tomorrow night?

Have a wonderful time, and good luck with your travels!

cha cha, have a safe trip tomorrow, and have a fantastic time!

Cotton -- I WANT ONE OF THOSE BEARS!!!! *sigh* Where do you live? Could I fly there real fast to get one from you? I have PayPal!

cindilu, once again you have outdone yourself. Fantastic wallpapers!

Off to a concert tonight!

But I think for this album, I'm just going to go to WalMart at midnight, pick up my copy, and take it home with me. Listen to it once, come here to FCA and post my initial reactions, listen to it again, and then go to bed, dreaming the entire night of Clay's wonderful voice. I guess I don't feel the need to "share" this experience with so many people this time; I'd rather it just be "me and Clay."

Oh yeah? I thinking of not getting it until *gasp* morning this go round. :cryingwlaughter:

eta....cute bear .... great review :F_05BL17blowkiss: