#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

In case anybody thinks we are exaggerating the *&%^$ snow, I took this picture of my trash can just outside my door about ten minutes ago. When I came home from work yesterday there was none on it.

DSCN0486.jpg

Hey Ausdon, they don't have wheelie bins ?

:o :o :o :o

Hey Claytonic, I would gladly swap mine for the regular kind if they would collect it a lot more often especially in this heat.

Cindilu wow thats a lot of snow! I called my kids in to see that.

{{Ivy}} It sounds a bit scary at your place.

CalClay Welcome!

Ausdon, I have a simple solution I have used for many years ..... if you have a garden, get a compost bin. I have never had to 'empty' a compost bin, it just breaks down all organic matter from your kitchen and garden. I know people in apartments who have a compost bin as well. I use the compost for my organic herbs and some veggies.

I cannot imagine life without the green and yellow (reclycing) wheelie bins. Wish we had some of Cindilu's snow .... it's too hot today!

Greenic

Welcome calclay

liney23

Lotus... I like your choices! Tell me more about discovering Clay on YouTube. Details, woman, details! You're the first person I've met (sorta) who did that.

I posted this in the Meet and Greet when I first posted here last December. I must admit that I have forgotten to check over there for quite a while.

I have been totally addicted to everything Clay since June of 06 much to the detriment of my garden and housekeeping but oh what joy he has brought into my life. Still grieving for my DH of over 30 years, a sweet loving man, and waiting for the results of the investigation of a medical situation which, in it worst case scenario, would leave me totally disabled, both mentally and physically, I was spending my evenings surfing the net. I would fall into bed exhausted but then able to sleep, my brain too tired to go thru all the what if's.

So one night I happened to come across a video of Clay singing...one of the AI2 videos..and I wish I could remember which one it was and that was it. Who is this beautiful young man with the wonderful voice? There followed hours of video watching, blog reading (some of which made me heart sick) and I staggered off to bed at 4:00am, dazed and amazed.

There followed more investigation and a growing feeling which I found puzzling. Never had I felt this way about a singer and here I was, a grandmother of 5, feeling like a teenager, a randy teenager at that. After days of downloading videos, magazine articles and pretty well anything else I could find, I discovered fan boards and found a place for myself at the LBFCA, a place which understood this mixture of lust and maternal feelings.

For the following three months I would fall asleep at night with his voice in my ears, when I gardened, he was with me, when I woke in the morning his voice was singing in my heart. He got me through a rough patch.

My children think my fandom is cute and are glad that I am enjoying life again. I have told a few friends and they too see what a difference there is in my attitude toward life but....there are those to whom I will not speak of Clay because of what I know will be their judgment of him and me. That's their loss.

I must add ...maternal feelings? not so much any more..lustful..definitely.

The lightness in my heart has come not only from enjoying everything Clay but from becoming part of this remarkable Sisterhood of Clayfandom.

Oh and the medical condition after weeks of investigation turned out to be nothing really serious.

This is now usurped by Vzubie's Syracuse LAA....but for a long time it has held a spot in my special place....er.....held a special place in my.....um.....heart. Yeah, that's it...heart. Not my favorite song exactly but I can be bought and sold for the right amount of facial hair.

Welcome and many happy returns for your birthday calclay! :00003653:

Hannah grabbed his ass? Let there be video of this....please baby Jesus....please????

Well, I'm a bit down tonight. I've just come home from a farewell party for one of my closest friends who is going overseas for a couple of years. One of us has taken off before and I know life goes on , but it just hits me harder the older I get. At least my DH will be home from his secondment in a couple of weeks and we can get some "normal" back. How to shake these blues? You all know. Clack of course!

I don't know if I want to high-five Hannah, or look into getting her and her "huge..... tracts of land" deported. :lmaosmiley-1:

hanna-grabs-clay.gif

Apparently, Jerome hasn't read the cast the list of 18 places you're not supposed to touch Clay. :naughtywag: