American Idol

ShelleyC

Well, I hate Mandisa's outfit, but I like Heart's "Never" but her redition is just leaving me sort of meh.

And I hate Kellie Pickler. She just seems so whiny. I really don't want to hear about her issues. I don't do pity votes. Not that I'm voting anyway.

And I hate whatever song she is doing now. And how she is doing it.

I missed Mandissa, Kellie - too quiet, subdued. The story was way too whiney. It reminded me of Fame, where all the confessionals were in tears - I could not stand that show.

Back to skating. =

One thing I have to say about that is since seeing project runway do skating outfits, I am recognizing how many bad outfits are out there.

Edited by playbiller

Yeah, can someone tell the hayseed that we know she had cable? Probably watched a little television set in the big bad city? Feh.

Are we having any excitement like the Italians who weren't speaking? Is it wrong I thought that was funny?

Just from the interview, I think Becky is gone

Lots of ads on NBC and FOX - lots of time to watch both.

Of course, when you add in the dog who woke up from her nap and wants to play squeaky toy tug, it stats getting hard.

Becky stunk.

Edited by playbiller

I'm sorry, there's a picture of Becky in the dictionary under "Poor Karoake Performance". Randy is a punk. He admits she can't sing but that doesn't matter. Feh again. Nerves, my butt, Paula. Girl can't sing. Simon hated her from the beginning, I so agree with Simon. Oh well.

i'm here...

Ok, I like Madissa perfromance...yeah she did go sharp on a few places but not really cringe worthy and I like her stage presence ...she is beautiful..

I will have disagree with kandre...I actually liked her outfit for the show...I think the combination of the red teddy and blcak over shirt...or whatever you call that, was really slimming and sexy...

OK...why, why do I like kellie...yeah her story is whiny, but I really am buying how real she is.

her voice...needs a littel development...very raw still. Her stage presence, once she got to the heart of the song was great...but Paula was right she needs to keep the energy up during the verse. I think Paula is really sober this season...

OMG....her voice was terrible...she lost it at the end.

wow damning with faint praise...yes she is very much like the Britney's and Ahleys...no vocal talent at all.

Paula...wow great advice and comments...Simon also very right in what he was saying...she was just ok vocally and the others are better.

Ryan looks older. and looks very tired

My problem with Mandisa's outfit is that it didn't seem to be fitted properly; it shifted too much around her...

Hopefully the creepy twin fantasy man/woman vote won't kick in since the twin wasn't in the corner miming along with her sister...

Ayla - you're Too Broadway! 17, hmmm. She actually sang on key and she is tall!!!

Oh, Canadian Skater Rochelle, touched ground on her program.

Well, there is a contest of who has more ads Olympics or AI.

Hmm Paris can sing but her moves??? what was that. somehow they did not mesh with the song for me. Bad Karma, Simon - people are not supposed to remind people of other Idols. That might just turn some Fantasia fans against her.

Edited by playbiller

Well, Ayla was the best so far - but I'm still going "meh". She is very, very tall. I wouldn't say "Broadway", I would say totally "Disney" in the unfamous singers doing a good job and no one actually knows who they are. And yeah, poor song choice. Unless you are totally incredible, like, ummm Clay Aiken (kiss kiss KISS), stick to fairly well know uptempo.

Paris is another who's voice is already starting to work my last nerve. I'll be darned. She is totally doing a retro Gladys Knight look! I recognize that frickin' flip! I wore that frickin' flip! Damn, she's annoying. That is such a frickin' teenage performance. I can see people liking it, but she makes me want to get up, slap her a couple of times and say, girl if you really have the talent, all the excess IS NOT NECESSARY. Again, feh. but I would put her right behind Ayla.

Ayla would;ve done better if she didn;t try for a Christina version...but her stage presence is good

Paris...disappointing, klo and Quiana did this much better...she was very pitchy because she was moving too much...She was just over the top with the movements. I thoguht it was too old for her. please try to be sixteen....

she is cute though...

eta: wow that diary bit with Ryan fell really flat...

I am really disappointed with Paris...I couldn;t figure it out and then I read on another...board...and I got it...it didn;t have much soul in it. Its not like is was her song...it sounded like a little girl playing dress up.

You know what was wrong with Paris' Midnight Train? She was too frickin' peppy! this is a song about a determined woman. Who knows her stuff is gonna be hard, not a daylong excursion! Paris, go home and grow up a little.

Stevie, I hate to tell you this, but I don't think opera lovers are gonna be your fan base, and if they are, it's not enough to get you through.

And you start off by sucking in air. Josh Groban doesn't suck in air. And Josh Groban's voice has a legitimate claim to perfection (if lacking in emotional warmth to me). Girl, you aren't good enough to be a backup singer to Josh. And I don't like Josh. Terrible song chioce.

KAndre highfives bottle

I never liked stevie...her voice is very thin

OMG she was so pitchy on the low range...no power in the beginning...

OK the pitchiness continued on how did she get to this top 24...no power at all no body in her voice...EEEEEEWWWWWWW the worse singer of all...she better be out of there please.

Randy...so right no power no emotion. Paula? you are on your meds again..its not ethereal it was weak...what are you talking about? Simon...was right...it was totally messed up. He was so right my little girl can sing that a lot better. I think Simon should be embarrassed he let that girl through...that was just PAINFUL!!!!