#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

Hee, you go, Hannah (cuz it doesn't look to be bothering him)! I'm sure I read a recap about her either grabbing or smacking his ass recently on stage, too. Was only a day or two ago............now I feel the need to go find it again. ;)

ETA: found it. From ClaysRainbow at the CV, written yesterday, I believe.

I know I should probably put this in another section but I just wanted to say CLAY AIKEN is a smash in Spamalot and totally beautiful....there are no words!! I got back last night from three days in (heaven) NYC. It was a nightmare on the way back with planes that were having engine trouble etc, but now I am back to reality...a nasty thought I must say. Oh and snow too. Ugh...

There were 4 of us and we stayed at the Comfort Inn Times Square on 39th Street. We were three blocks away from the bomb thing and did not hear it. Saw it later. The hotel has been newly remodeled and the rooms were pretty nice and the bathroom is normal sized. Price was reasonable which included a breakfast (not so hot) and quick access to the show and many othere sites. It was funny, there are 4 rooms to a floor and 20 floors. Weird!

We had rain one day and stayed in the hotel and looked at big pictures Rhonna had brought with.......we laughed that here we were in NYC and we stayed in to look at Clay. Made sense to all of us....cause we had the show that night.

It was a hard to believe moment when we were standing at the stage door before the show the first time, really not believing we were there. It's a knock you over moment, if you know what I mean. I wasn't there a couple minutes and someone shouted out hi, Marilan. It is so wonderful to keep meeting people everywhere you go. Can you tell I am still excited! No?

Rhonna got third row center seats for us at the last minute. They were center and I have to say, I am now ruined. I want UP CLOSE always. Just seeing him in the tower for the first time, just takes your breath away. I hadn't realized that he was in most of the scenes and the characters he plays are all fabulous. He is a natural born performer. The entire cast is wonderful together and it looked like they were all having a blast. Tom was back and is he ever good.

The "four suits" entered after the lights were down...in the second row on end, so close to me. They looked like they were having the time of their lives. They were somewhere at intermission but were back for the second half. I lost track when it was over...cause I had to get to the stage door...oh yeah. I heard nothing as to who they were, but somehow feel they were inportant.

At the stage door each night, there was a crowd. Wednesday seemed to be the most crowed. People were so excited. It was fun telling some of the NJU people he would be out there...and they came. The first look as he comes out, just about knocked me over. He is like "his own light". He just lights up and there is a "feeling" when he is going down the line. I know I am not making myself very clear, but that's what I felt. He signs fast and is only out there a short time but to see that face so close............eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I was able to get something signed each night even though I was mostly three rows back but I'm tall. He seems to grab things when they are held up high. I couldn't see him one night but he still grabbed my book. And you better be ready to claim it fast. It was fun to hear him talking a little. He doesn't really make eye contact so he can keep on going, but on Wednesday night I heard him say darlin' twice..........there was a giant melting of all of us.......I will never forget that. And on Wednesday, his hair was perfection. It was combed (ha ha) and so fluffy and beautiful and and and....well you get the picture. The first night I couldn't tell you what he had on. Back in the room we all remembered some part of him and we were able to piece together what he was wearing. The Aiken Fog is alive and well.

I don't know what else to say but that he is wonderful in the play and I am one proud Claymate. To see him do the hula was hilarious and when he chases those girls.... One night Hannah reached over and slapped his rear. Oh to be her. She is beautiful up close...we saw her one night later at the stage door. The cast are all warm people.

As for the American Idol Extra interview. Well the guy came into the theater and asked if anyonw watched American Idol and had been to at least 2 Spam shows. We four raised out hands along with half the crowd. He picked 7 of us and we signed a waiver. I am usually careful about reading what I sign but after he had said he had interviewed Clay, I just signed away. We had to go outside under the Clay Aiken banner and we were basically fed the questions. They asked Rhonna and I if we knew each other and we said yes. So they asked if we would do the interview together. Some of the questions, we answered together at the same time with the same answers. That was pretty funny. At the end they asked me to say, that I'd be back in May. A big crowd was going by so I had to do a "retake". I loved it.

The sun is finally shining this morning! Looks like the snow has ended. Thank God.

Good Morning All,

13 Days until The First Day of Spring and 12 Days until Spicey's trip across the pond!

56 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

58 Days until The New CD!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Go, Hannah! :cryingwlaughter: Another one bites the dust.... :whistling-1:

Waaaah, I missed "three favorite pieces" night! But of course that doesn't mean I didn't read through and WATCH all your choices! After all these years, there were some things new to me...what fun! One of the best facets of our fandom is the ability to do just this, thanks to the record-keepers from Day one. What an incredibly valuable resource!!

I think most of my day today is going to be taken up figuring out HTH to get out of my house! We got 3-4 FEET of snow; during which, it was incredibly windy....and my front steps, which are quite high and UNrailed....have completely disappeared! And the snow shovel, of course, is in the garage.

If I go out the front, I'll have to sit on my butt in it and feel for the steps down with my feet...a joyous thought.....

My car COMPLETELY (absolutely literally) fills the garage; the front bumper is tight against the garage stairs, the back bumper is tight against the garage door. If I go out the garage door, I can shimmy (I hope) down the side of the car...but I don't know if I'm going to be able to get the garage door open from way off to the side of it (it's a manual door).

sigh........

Lori! I'm so sorry you're so snowed in!

Please be careful! I don't want to see you on Playbiller's crutches next time I see you!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Awww, thanks, Cotton! Me neither!

Guess I should figure out some other place to put the snow shovel, huh? :lmaosmiley-1: First time I've had a problem is this year.

Oh no, FromClaygary! Be careful! I'm getting ready to head out & dig out my car, too, but luckily we *only* got about 15 inches here. Although for this area, that's about an entire winter's worth of snow!

Ohmahgoodness! I love, love, love the pic & gif of Hannah pinching Clay - too freaking CUTE! And he does look quite pinchable.... oh to be on the other side of the barricades, huh? :flirtysmile3:

Welcome, calclay! :welcome:

Cotton, I'm having a little trouble figuring it out, but I kinda sorta get the feeling you might be just a little, tiny, wee bit excited about something or other..... :lmaosmiley-1:

I'm going to postho' to add some pictures, so that those of you in more Southern climes can have a little laugh....

My house front in nicer weather...(all clickable).

th_Frontcloseup.jpg

The front today...see those stairs? Yah...me neither...

th_IMG_1762.jpg

Now look back at the front picture without snow, and those upstairs windows....here they are today from the inside.

th_IMG_1763.jpg

...and it has now started blowing and snowing again....

luckiest1 if Ian is coming back today, check the road reports! Not looking great!

ETA: cotton, I can...but I have to go to work tomorrow, so it has to be done sometime! At the moment, I'm doing the drink coffee and think about it thing! :lol:

Welcome calclay

Oh and the medical condition after weeks of investigation turned out to be nothing really serious.

Lotus... YAY!!! Too bad you had to get blogged, tho. Those maggots are below zero in humanity!

Well, I'm a bit down tonight. I've just come home from a farewell party for one of my closest friends who is going overseas for a couple of years. One of us has taken off before and I know life goes on , but it just hits me harder the older I get. At least my DH will be home from his secondment in a couple of weeks and we can get some "normal" back. How to shake these blues? You all know. Clack of course!

{{{{{{ausdon}}}}}}

Waaaah, I missed "three favorite pieces" night! But of course that doesn't mean I didn't read through and WATCH all your choices! After all these years, there were some things new to me...what fun! One of the best facets of our fandom is the ability to do just this, thanks to the record-keepers from Day one. What an incredibly valuable resource!!

I think most of my day today is going to be taken up figuring out HTH to get out of my house! We got 3-4 FEET of snow; during which, it was incredibly windy....and my front steps, which are quite high and UNrailed....have completely disappeared! And the snow shovel, of course, is in the garage.

If I go out the front, I'll have to sit on my butt in it and feel for the steps down with my feet...a joyous thought.....

My car COMPLETELY (absolutely literally) fills the garage; the front bumper is tight against the garage stairs, the back bumper is tight against the garage door. If I go out the garage door, I can shimmy (I hope) down the side of the car...but I don't know if I'm going to be able to get the garage door open from way off to the side of it (it's a manual door).

sigh........

FromClaygary... who says the 3 favs are over... get yourself in gear... it ain't over till everyone has reported in!

Wow, the snow is just.... wow!!! Do you have something in the house that can double as a temp shovel, like a large lid or somepin'?? Good luck!!!

Thank goodness we have clack of the butt pinch... that is priceless!!! :cryingwlaughter: Nice firm butt, too!!! GAH!

Waaaah, I missed "three favorite pieces" night!

no mis no miss. I haven't event put my last one up...we'll go until everyone is done....

and of course any time is always a good time to share a good bit of clack.

I must admit that I didn't do any research before impulsively making this list so it might be different at another moment, but here are the 3 pieces that come to mind:

1. The first JNT - Chicago: I'll be home for Christmas - sublime. A pivotal moment in my fandom

2. The Tyra Show: The part when Clay was given the opportunity to turn the tables and be the interviewer - Such personality and charm! And he looked damn good, too

3. SRHP (or DCAT, as it's known here) - Philadelphia: The "Now I'm a man" bit - Saw it live and am still laughing.

I need to go find links. And then figure out how to post them.

liney23

Lotus... YAY!!! Too bad you had to get blogged, tho. Those maggots are below zero in humanity!

HUH? I think I missed something here...would you enlighten me, please?

luckiest1 if Ian is coming back today, check the road reports! Not looking great!

Thanks, I just did, they are looking not too bad, icy sections, but for the most part ok visibility and centre bare. My kids are all daredevils, my daughter just went out the door to Sarnia. They must get it from me. I think Ian will wait unti later in the day to head back up north.....he likes to maximize his time with the g/f. ;)

So sorry to hear about your predicament! I did that last year, forgot that I left the snow shovel in the back shed, and then couldn't get into the back shed to save my life when the first big storm hit! Hee, this year I went out and bought a heavy duty shovel and I keep it right by the front stairs. Had to dig it out with our hands yesterday, but at least we found it.

Hee, here's a picture I took this morning of my 16 yo son shoveling the end of the driveway. He had a little help from the neighbour's daughter. I thought it was cute. :)

IMG_0928.jpg

are we still on the first page??? I think this is my first time!! EEEEEEEEeeeeeee!

WOW - that's quite a bit of snow you guys up north got!! I am sure you will not be happy to hear that today is a sunny 60 degrees!

GO HANNAH! :wub: She's called him strapping and talented and now she man-handling him??

What goes on on these shows backstage?????? :o

this needs reposting!!

Good Morning!

THREE MORE SLEEPS before . . .

SpamSirRobinsing.gifSpamSirRobinspeek.gifSpamSirRobinwave.gif

:laola0:

ETA:

Hannah pinching Clay's Beautimous Butt! The lucky Beyotch!

HannahGrabsClay1.jpg

hanna-grabs-clay.gif

:)

thanks Cotton!

Thanks, I just did, they are looking not too bad, icy sections, but for the most part ok visibility and centre bare. My kids are all daredevils, my daughter just went out the door to Sarnia. They must get it from me. I think Ian will wait unti later in the day to head back up north.....he likes to maximize his time with the g/f. ;)

So sorry to hear about your predicament! I did that last year, forgot that I left the snow shovel in the back shed, and then couldn't get into the back shed to save my life when the first big storm hit! Hee, this year I went out and bought a heavy duty shovel and I keep it right by the front stairs. Had to dig it out with our hands yesterday, but at least we found it.

Hee, here's a picture I took this morning of my 16 yo son shoveling the end of the driveway. He had a little help from the neighbour's daughter. I thought it was cute. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/crim...ce/IMG_0928.jpg

Cute pic.

I don't know if I want to high-five Hannah, or look into getting her and her "huge..... tracts of land" deported. :lmaosmiley-1:

hanna-grabs-clay.gif

Apparently, Jerome hasn't read the cast the list of 18 places you're not supposed to touch Clay. :naughtywag:

I wanna know the 18 places you're not supposed to touch Clay? :hubbahubba:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Morning, all (at least it's still morning here)

Yay!!! calclay is here!!! Her birthday was actually Friday, and I called her to wish her many happy returns, and I told her that I had migrated over here and was having fun. She has managed to find us, and I'm so glad!! As evidence that there are amazing connections in the Clay world, she PM'd me a few years ago when she found out through another board friend that I lived in the South Bay area of Los Angeles. After about 10 PMs back and forth narrowing things down, we discovered she had been one of my son's HS teachers. She was a much lower-key fan before she met me and I started dragging her around the country!! Heh.

As a matter of fact, all these snow pictures remind me of when calclay and I got stranded in the Providence blizzard of the JNT05. OMG what a debacle. I had a really close seat for that show and Clay could see me.....in my grubbiest clothes with no makeup and snow-hat hair. We couldn't get back to the hotel to change, but nothing was going to make us miss that concert!!!! Be careful all you snowbound folks!!

OK, I have hung back and given others the opportunity to claim this one, but you snooze you lose:

3a: The impromptu "Listen" duet by Clay and Quiana in Sterling Heights

I wasn't there, but I love this clack beyond almost anything. I love the way that Clay was able to just improvise his banter to give Angela a little time in case she could make it back, and to think how to approach the song. I especially love how it shows his musicality in the way he was able to harmonize so beautifully on this. Many have asked why he seems to take the harmony so often when he does a duet, and I think the answer is "because he can". That is a real art, and in this song he doesnt just sing a "third" below the melody line, he does really interesting and beautiful harmonies. LOVE him!!!

This is the most complete single version, by DoggoneGirl, which includes the beginning banter about how Angela "Jae Deal'd" them by walking off stage during a performance and all the church references, all the way through the song to the end when Angela comes back on stage and hugs Clay. You can see her mouth "WOW" when she hugs him. I love where Quiana tells her "I think I pulled a muscle singing that". :cryingwlaughter:

The very first few moments are blurry, but then it becomes crystal clear for the rest of the video, and the sound is excellent.

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Concer...eGirl_large.wmv

I couldn't find that exact clip on youtube, but they did have a blend of several different videos that includes almost the whole thing that's verra verra nice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md73eEpR_WA

I'll tell you right now that I can't count any better than King Arthur, so I have at least one more plus an honorable mention. If no one else claims them, I'll be back!!!

FromClaygary... who says the 3 favs are over... get yourself in gear... it ain't over till everyone has reported in!

Wow, the snow is just.... wow!!! Do you have something in the house that can double as a temp shovel, like a large lid or somepin'?? Good luck!!!

Ahhh, great minds think alike! Dustpan + duct tape + broom handle = temp snow shovel! :lol:

Maybe I should add, dustpan + duct tape + broom handle + small heart attack = snow removal from sidewalk....

Please, Lord, no 60 mph winds again tonight!

...and now on to the more pleasent parts! Now that my major worry is off my sidewalk....

Some of these are already taken, but bear repeating...my favorite three, and the reasons:

3. Cleveland, JNT04....his quick, family friendly, and absolutely hilarious wit! His sense of humor is one of my favorite things...and this was one of the best quick comebacks ever IMO. Yes, I was there, and just completely lost it! :lmaosmiley-1:

clack unlimited Cleveland resolutions

2. Listen, Sterling Heights SRHP 2007, with Quiana...not only is it the musicality of this "emergency" rendition of an absolutely beautiful song...but the reactions of his crew to it, that made it special to me. Jesse's triumphant astonishment and begging for the clack later...and Angela's mouthed "WOW"...WOW indeed.

Permaswooned beat me to the links :lol:...thanks!

1. Papa's Beautiful Star, Raleigh, JNT04...in celebration of his tender, loving side. I was fortunate to be there, and to be sitting just in front and to the side of Papa that night; so I was able to hear " You go, Clay" and to see Papa's reaction to his Christmas gift. :wub: I will never forget it.

Youtube - Papa's Beautiful Star

I will also never forget a little gift to Clay that night schemed and plotted by RC; I was privileged to be a part of the secret kept so carefully, and to be there to see his reaction that night, to our wish for him after a year of turmoil and tough decisions.

clack unlimited - Beautiful Star AND the fans' gift