#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

I'm guessing that Sacrificial Love won't be about an actual human sacrifice and sound like an Aztec chant either.

I dunno..... that could really play into Kipper's comments about people going, "That's Clay Aiken??" :cryingwlaughter:

Hm...well, there's always the possibility, in view of Sir Robin in Spamalot, that someday MOAM could be remade with songs like "I Survived Jew" and "Measure of a Spam"...

just ignore me

heh

I think most artists sing songs that they hope their audience/fans want to hear.

I no sooner post this than LKL comes on with a rerun of Paul and Ringo. And they make a liar out of me.

Why, what did they say?

They only make music to please themselves and that they are happy with. Ringo scoffed at the idea of 'will they like this? or will they like that?' and Paul said 'if I don't like it, nobody's going to like it."

So maybe huh Clay walked into the music business with the same mindset of the Beatles.

But then again, deep down they must hope that their fans want to hear it.

They only make music to please themselves and that they are happy with. Ringo scoffed at the idea of 'will they like this? or will they like that?' and Paul said 'if I don't like it, nobody's going to like it."

That's probably the only way to maintain one's sanity in the music business. As we've obviously seen many times with Clay, there is no way to please everyone, or even to gauge what a true majority of the fandom might prefer at any one time. And even if the majority preferred something, but Clay didn't really like it, how hard would that be for him to stay true to himself? In the end, I think he has to have the final word on the art that he produces, so that he can truly OWN it- and I think that's exactly what he's trying to do with OMWH. I can't wait! :clap:

PS- He looks GOOOOOOD on the floor! :hubbahubba:

Courtesy of Panty Queen at the CH:

Clay sure loves sitting on the floor doesn't he!

still-sexy.jpg

By the way - anyone think Clay's green jacket in the cover photo looks like its photo shopped?? I read where someone said it was obviously photo shopped and while I do think his face has been airbrushed (especially that eyebrow!) it never occurred to me the jacket was photo shopped. I'm I just blind?

I'm guessing that Sacrificial Love won't be about an actual human sacrifice and sound like an Aztec chant either.

I dunno..... that could really play into Kipper's comments about people going, "That's Clay Aiken??" :cryingwlaughter:

bwah to both of you.

As for YWT..I'm with OOlsee in that I hope people aren't reliving their experience and everything that came with it. It was a tough time in the fandom. I remember KAndre on the cellcert that night :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: Anyway, my experiences have been like hers in that a religious song in the middle of the concerts I attended was pretty standard. But everyone has different experiences and expectations.

I'm just going to wait and see what the album brings but even if there is a more spirtiual song on the album I'm fine with that. If this album is about his journey over the past few years his faith would be a part of that.

Glad to entertain you Gibby :cryingwlaughter:

By the way - anyone think Clay's green jacket in the cover photo looks like its photo shopped?? I read where someone said it was obviously photo shopped and while I do think his face has been airbrushed (especially that eyebrow!) it never occurred to me the jacket was photo shopped. I'm I just blind?

Huh?? First we have the mysterious forehead floating behind him and now we have a supposedly photoshopped jacket?? Ooooooooh! Is the album cover/insert going to be like Colorforms and we're gonna get to peel & (un)stick outfits to(from) Clay? :lmaosmiley-1:

Claygasm wrote:

I think the background was Photoshopped in Claygasm, not the jacket. In the first version we saw the edge of the jacket on the left arm was rough all the way up to and including some of the chin, (not to mention the extra head in the pic, no smut intended) ...and since I don't think they did the Photoshoot at night, I really don't, I think they put the nighttime sky in behind him.

here's the Hi-Res version to get a good look...

th_OMWHCover_HiRes.jpg

eta...awww, I LOVE Colorforms! I would soooo buy a Colorform Clay set. Can you picture it? They'd start with Clay in his t-shirt and boxers and we'd dress him from there....or not.

Hm...well, there's always the possibility, in view of Sir Robin in Spamalot, that someday MOAM could be remade with songs like "I Survived Jew" and "Measure of a Spam"...

just ignore me

heh

00lsee... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Sorry, I can't ignore you, I'm laughing too hard!

eta...awww, I LOVE Colorforms! I would soooo buy a Colorform Clay set. Can you picture it? They'd start with Clay in his t-shirt and boxers and we'd dress him from there....or not.

laughn... oooooo... do it and make a mint! I would sooo buy that! :cryingwlaughter:

Wow! That's a lot of bare nekkid chest! :hubbahubba:

Why couldn't they have done the photo shoot at night? He has Monday nights free. :cryingwlaughter:

Seriously, it never occurred to me they wouldn't have done the photo shoot at night. I assumed they did a lot of airbrushing - the eyebrow, any rough edges etc. But then again, I also don't think the second head was actually a head. I thought - and still do - it was just an optical illusion.

Now I must get to bed. I have to get up early and catch an early train to NYC. I have a hot date for brunch with muski and ldyj and then we all have an even hotter date with our sometimes airbrushed boyfriend!

Thanks so much for the beautimous pics, Gibby!!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I hope people aren't reliving their experience and everything that came with it.

I'm reliving it all -- that tingly shiver in my spine whenever he whispered "dark" as in "You would rather die than leave us in the dark" and the surge of passion that begins with "You were the Victor and the King" until I pretty much stop breathing from "You are the strength when we have none" on to the end when I'm left gasping as he is slowly lowered from the stage. If anyone beside me had stormed off in a hissy fit during that time I wouldn't have noticed nor would have cared unless the now empty seat were closer to the center than mine, giving me an opportunity to move up.

Thanks so much for the beautimous pics, Gibby!!!!

I hope people aren't reliving their experience and everything that came with it.

I'm reliving it all -- that tingly shiver in my spine whenever he whispered "dark" as in "You would rather die than leave us in the dark" and the surge of passion that begins with "You were the Victor and the King" until I pretty much stop breathing from "You are the strength when we have none" on to the end when I'm left gasping as he is slowly lowered from the stage. If anyone beside me had stormed off in a hissy fit during that time I wouldn't have noticed nor would have cared unless the now empty seat were closer to the center than mine, giving me an opportunity to move up.

heh, now that's just smutty!!

That's my girl!

OK, I just got back from a family obligation - my brother-in-law plays in a band and occasionally I go out to show support. Oh man. I swear, the lead singer sang a 20 minute long "Happy Birthday" to somebody...

Man, I miss Clay...

What, me smut???! :wasntme:

No, really not this time. What I was saying was if it takes that type of song to bring out so much passion in him on stage then bring it on!

Thanks so much for the beautimous pics, Gibby!!!!

Not smutty at all. Think career as a romance novelist. The "floor photo" as cover art. Title? "Love Needs No Airbrushes". I think that could give "love means you never have to say you're sorry" a run for its money.

Claygasm wrote:

I think the background was Photoshopped in Claygasm, not the jacket. In the first version we saw the edge of the jacket on the left arm was rough all the way up to and including some of the chin, (not to mention the extra head in the pic, no smut intended) ...and since I don't think they did the Photoshoot at night, I really don't, I think they put the nighttime sky in behind him.

here's the Hi-Res version to get a good look...

th_OMWHCover_HiRes.jpg

I agree - I mean - they could have p'shopped the jacket in, but why would they?? He routinely changes clothes in all his other photoshoots. And I sure hope not because I FLOVE that jacket on him!!

So I went to PS and really looked at the photo and I agree with laughn that it was the background they p'shopped in, and whoever did it was kinda messy about it too!! I studied the hair over the collar and that part would be hard to do without leaving "evidence" - so no, I don't think the jacket was 'shopped in. And it doesn't look to me like his eyebrows have been 'airbrushed' either. :D

BUT...... while I was studying the hi-res pic, I decided to make some simple wallpapers, using the hi-res pic and just fitting it to your monitor sizes.

This one is 1024x768:

omwhlargehires1024x768.jpg

1440x900 & 1280x1024

We just got back from seeing "The Other Boelyn Girl" - it was done well - even tho we knew how it would end... we are suckers for movies about British royalty!! :)

Soooooooo, last night my sons and I attended a hospital benefit Elvis & friends impersonators show. LOL, that's 3 hours of my life I'll never get back (but it was for a good cause!) I was too tired to respond to the topic du jour when I got home, but when I got up this morning, I read this and it said it better than I ever could:

:preachit:

I saw the NaT 7 times, and every time YWT was a highlight of the show for me. Not because I'm particularly religious (but neither am I an athiest) but because Clay just moved me so much every time he sang it. The whispered "dark" made me shiver, too, and "the power in David's swing" made me laugh. The intensity with which he sang the song was mesmerizing. I remember being up in the stands at Dayton, OH and being eye level with him and that was quite the experience. The green of his eyes was something else. And at one of the shows in Raleigh, he didn't wear the white jacket. Verra verra nice. One time the lift didn't function properly and he had to step up onto the stage and then come down the stairs at the end, IIRC. Just lots of very memorable moments in that song, for me.

Damn, I missed the Ringo/Paul repeat on Larry King Live? And I missed the local broadcast of AI Rewind too. Hopefully I can catch it today.