#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

Hi all,

Feeling much better, I actually slept through the night without coughing and it was 50 degrees here today! Hoping this is a sign that Spring really is on the way!

Muski take care of yourself and everyone else that is not feeling well!

ldyj Keeping you and your Mom in my prayers and Couchie and Mom too!

Can't wait to hear the recaps from all the FCA'ers getting Spammed tonight!

Kim

Ooh, I love mussy-haired, unbuttoned Clay!!! :hubbahubba:

But - I'm SO UP.SET. !!! :cry4:

Just as I suspected, Doc wants me to go on Crestor when I get home from NYC!

pffft!

Numbers still bad. Cholesterol is high. Bad cholesterol is high. Triglycerides are high.

He says there's probably clogging already happening!

I lo-o-o-ove chocolate.

I lo-o-o-ove cheese.

I lo-o-o-ove bread.

I lo-o-o-ove Italian.

I lo-o-o-ove fried oysters and shrimp.

He's not gonna let me eat anything fun at all!

Did I mention I lo-o-o-ove chocolate?

:cry4:

And -

I'm having a really hard time finalizing my packing. It's so warm here the clothes I'm folding just don't compute in my brain!!!

KarenEh - Love your Sally Rand McN! V. Cool.

I put up another blog the other day. Sally Rand McNally I also went back and did some housekeeping. I found a couple drafts I had never posted from a long time ago.

I left you a comment on your blog...which I absolutely LOVED!! I have the itchiest feet in the universe, and really envy you your adventure. Failing the chance to do it myself, I'm living vicariously through you, if you don't mind!

BUT....I forgot to add into my comment...tell Lassie he is GORGEOUS!! If he doesn't already know. :lol:

It looks like Clay was in too much of a hurry to comb his hair. Or put on a t-shirt. Or button his shirt up all the way. :whistling-1:

Spam030608.jpg

Y'know what I absolutely LOVE about this? Besides the obvious, of course....The look on Jerome's face. I think our BF is in good hands. Made me kind of schmoopy.

NYC is hopping right now! Just got a text message from luckiest1 -- she and her kids, plus wandacleo, cindilu2 and playbiller are having dinner at Juniors right now. In her words, "it's surreal to be here."

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for them!

Eeeeeeeeeeehhhh!!! Me too!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ooh, I love mussy-haired, unbuttoned Clay!!! :hubbahubba:

But - I'm SO UP.SET. !!! :cry4:

Just as I suspected, Doc wants me to go on Crestor when I get home from NYC!

pffft!

Numbers still bad. Cholesterol is high. Bad cholesterol is high. Triglycerides are high.

He says there's probably clogging already happening!

I lo-o-o-ove chocolate.

I lo-o-o-ove cheese.

I lo-o-o-ove bread.

I lo-o-o-ove Italian.

I lo-o-o-ove fried oysters and shrimp.

He's not gonna let me eat anything fun at all!

Did I mention I lo-o-o-ove chocolate?

:cry4:

And -

I'm having a really hard time finalizing my packing. It's so warm here the clothes I'm folding just don't compute in my brain!!!

KarenEh - Love your Sally Rand McN! V. Cool.

Pack them sweaters, Cotton!!!* It's cold and windy up in the north!! You can always take layers off!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

*As in Miss Scarlet in the joke where the line goes "Pack them bags, Prissy!"

Recap from geekette at the CH. It was one of the shows this past weekend, but I'm not sure which one:

SPAMALOT! Second Row! Wow. I'd bought this pair of tickets the moment I heard that Clay was to be added to the cast - B101 and 102. I had no clue at the time that these were "dangerous" (if, like me, you have no desire to go up on stage). My sister, the famewhore, would be tha-rilled, so I gladly ceded that seat to her. My mom and other sister got seats in the front row of the mezz right behind us.

This was my third show, but of course my sisters' and mom's first. They were very impressed with Clay, the whole cast, and the whole show (well, my older sister, a teacher at a Christian school, cringed a bit at the French Taunters, who went all out). I'm happy to note that I could no longer see Clay counting in his head. From that close, Tom's eyes as "not dead Fred" were scarily huge and unblinking as he was dragged out on stage. The LOTL's lipstick looks like nail polish glitter (and she left a smidge of that glitter on the King when she kissed him). Although I enjoyed seeing additional detail from up that close, I think if I only had one show I'd prefer being farther back to get the whole view.

So at the end, the Holy hand grenade was thrown, B101 appeared up on stage, and I heard Mom's whoop from up in the mezz. She caught on quick, but my sister, sitting in the hot seat, not so much. Hee! After a few seconds she turned to me and said "Is that me?" And SHE actually got nervous (something I thought I'd never see). Patsy came down, asked her to stand, and with a bit of sleight of hand, dropped the grail in her seat (several people asked her "didn't you feel it during the whole show?) After he "found" the grail she sat back down, but then got pulled up on stage. She said you couldn't see the audience at all from up there since the lights were so bright (she tried to wave at Mom but was way off *g*). Since she really didn't know what was going to happen she just went with the flow.

"And what is your name?" asked the King.

"Judith" she responded.

"And what is your last name?" asked the King.

A short delay, a small shrug, "Jones". Riiiight everyone seemed to think, but actually it's true!

She shook hands with a couple of them and laughingly claimed Clay dissed her, since he had turned away when she held out her hand to him. I have no idea if it was intentional or just happenstance - it goes too quickly - but she basically ended up looking like he does when people don't shake his hand.

I tried to move her quickly to the stage door, but she was too slow and the crowd was at least 3-4 deep by the time she strolled out, so she couldn't get anything signed. Now she proudly proclaims she was dissed twice by Clay! Oy... Anyway, she's thrilled with her photo, foot, and card, and showed it off to anyone and everyone. Her luggage was pulled for hand (foot!) inspection at the airport, so she got to tell her story there. She was the center of attention once again at the gate when she was recognized - "Are you Judith?". The woman who approached her said she goes to NYC 3-4 times a year to see shows, and was worried how Clay would do (she'd seen it with DHP and thought he'd gotten a Tony nom for that, gently corrected). Anyway, she said she was impressed with how well he'd done, which made me happy. She really came off as quite the theater snob, too.

Our trip home was uneventful, thank goodness!

YAY for the FCA crowd in NY tonight! Have a wonderful time, ya'll!

Muski, is it really two weeks before we go to NY? I guess you're right. Yikes! I have so much to do between then and now - a couple of concerts, lots of rehearsals, and playing for Easter services at church. It will go by fast, and NY will be here before I know it!

I noticed the look on Jerome's face, too, in the pic posted upthread. It's so cool that Clay has a security guard that's also a friend!

[rant ahead] :badmood:

I get sooo ding dang tired of all the smartass remarks about Clay. It's like what the hell did he do to have people slam him over and over and over. Is it jealousy cause he is so loved and so talented, or is it the age old, "let's cast out anyone who is different from the rest of the herd." It makes me sooo mad that I just want him to become a bazillionaire and be the happiest, most fulfilled bazillionaire in the history of mankind and let all those snearing nobodies sink in their own mire. [/end rant] :biteme:

I think it's been this way from the beginning of time. If you are that unique/different then you are going to stand out in the crowd! Unfortunately I believe this makes many uncomfortable. So rather than ignore, because they can't, they must look and see what all the fuss is about. They have an uncivilized urge to tear down. To criticise and attmept to destroy, not because they can but because they must. They are threatened. This is one reason we all seem to throw money at him so readily. Screw 'em!! Then go have a drink :cocktail:

You know...at first I had one of the WTH moments when I first saw Clay's hair in the video where the bangs are combed over into his eyes. It was a Shaggy Dog moment. BUT THEN the photo of him coming out the SD and he had on only a shirt! No visible undershirt and NO SWEATER! AND it was unbuttoned AND AND he pursed his lips and I...I.... :hubbahubba::DoClay:

Vera Niiice banner cha cha!

You'll love it here!

I mean where else will so many go to such great lengths to help you see someone pinch a butt cheek!

I already do!

5 years ago I would have never in my wildest dreams thought I would be sitting in front of a computer looking at 2 fingers grabbing Clay's butt! :hubbahubba: That's what I call progression.

I hope I/m not repeating what was already said but Rosie O'Donnell is there tonight in the box seats. Sorry if it was already reported. I just got home.

Nope! Hadn't heard that yet. Thanks for posting it!

I just talked to luckiest1 and can confirm Fear's report of Rosie O'Donnell and her partner being in box seats this evening. Jerome seated them there. How cool is that!

cindilu, wandacleeo and friend are in row C this evening. luckiest1, crimsonice and playbiller are in row A of the mezzanine. luckiest cannot believe how close they are, even from the mezzanine. And, lo and behold, after trying to get a hold of her for almost a week, she is sitting next to jmh!

Pretty subdued crowd, but still good applause for the numbers.

More later!

rohdy...mucho thanks for the BIG, REVEALING CLay Aiken chest picture! Do you have this one from some post-tv show appearance? I have this one labeled "Peekaboo Chest Hair" in my photobucket account...heh. :hubbahubba: (Oh, you can click this one, but it doesn't get as big as yours...heh, again.)

th_ChestHair.jpg

Rosie's there, eh? Hmmmm....wonder what her take on Sir Robin will be... :whistling-1:

That's because I was there and he was rushing to get outside to ME!!! :beatingheart::flirtysmile3::tongue70:

Well, spill it already! :lipstick: Or do you not kiss 'n tell?

My lips are sealed!!! :29:

I am truly horrible at recaps, mostly because of the dreaded Aiken fog, and because after seeing the show 4 times in a row, all of the images start to bleed together after a while. So, here are just a few random thoughts...

Our (Cousin and I) first show was Thursday night. I had seen MP and the Holy Grail many years ago when I was a teen, and watched the downloads of the show that 00lsee put up a while back, because I wanted to be able to anticipate all of the places in the show where Clay appeared. My cousin knew next to nothing, although I had told her about the different parts he played. It felt like ages from Clay's opening night till the time we finally got there, so the anticipation was high, and we were incredibly giddy. When the show finally started with "Finland' Finland, Finland", I knew what was coming and couldn't control myself- I just started laughing, and couldn't stop! I actually cried through most of the show, because I was laughing so hard! My cousin told me afterwards that when I started laughing right from the start, she started panicking, because she couldn't figure out what I was laughing at! She was afraid she wasn't going to "get" the show, and that it was going to be a looooong night! I'm happy to report that once they reached the "punchline", she got it, and relaxed, and totally loved the show!

The tower scene was great, particularly at our Sat matinee show, where we were 2nd row center, and got the greatest view of his adorable face. He was so blase!

The best part of sitting up close is all of the facial expressions that he makes during the course of the show. Our favorites were the array of emotions flitting over his face as his minstrels sing about the many tortures that could befall Brave Sir Robin, and the absolutely hilarious contortions during the slo-mo riding bit. I swear, they were slightly different at each show, and he did some impressive DEEP knee bends that gave a lovely view of his "wooly tight-ed" thighs. YUM!!

The Thursday night crowd seemed to be the most Clay-centric, and I think that was the night that he did a very drawn out, deliberate failed attempt at a handshake with the peasant of the day, which got a big laugh.

I loved his moves when he is dancing with the coconuts and clapping them together behind his back- he gets such a seductive look on his face.

The bottle dance from 2nd row is a sight to behold- he is fierce and focused and incredibly gah-worthy, and seems to be coming RIGHT AT YOU! My cousin said that she felt like she was being propelled backwards against her seat when she was watching him, it was so forceful!

The drunk/stupid guard is hilarious! At the last show that we saw, it seemed that they drew it out even more than usual, because the crowd was so into it.

As Brother Maynard, I just loved that his whole persona changed, and at the end of his bit when he tells the "congregation" to sing the hymn "Get your hand off my knee......", the knights actually did burst into song. Someone somewhere mentioned that they didn't actually do this at earlier shows?

After the Sat matinee, as we were waiting outside the stage door in vain, one of the other fans started up a conversation with my cousin. She asked my cousin who she was on the boards, and she replied "nobody", as she had given up completely on the boards several years ago. We all talked for a couple minutes, then as we headed off to Junior's, cousin mentioned that the fan had asked her if she was a member of "Finding Clay Aiken", and couldn't figure out why. Then we realized that she must have seen Cindilu's Spamalot pins that I had bought for both of us to wear. When I realized that we had been speaking to someone from FCA, I had to go back to re-introduce myself, and it turned out to be jmh123! We also met some CV'ers, Rockysmom, yaknelle and smitten.(Hope I'm not forgetting anyone) That was fun to meet other fans, and as jmh had said, "put faces to the names".

I had actually considered trying to get my husband and son to go to a show, because I think they both would have enjoyed it- although my son would fight me tooth and nail just because Clay is in it. It really is a show that appeals to a wide variety of people. There were many couples and families there at our shows, and all seemed to enjoy it very much. The entire cast is terrific, and we can't wait to go back and see it again.

you know, lajeterfan, I wonder about these pins---Hey, Gibby! Should we wear FCA pins when we go to see Clay with our hubbys? :cryingwlaughter: I don't wanna miss out on meeting up with any other FCA women!

I just watched a you tube of Jon Stewart when he was on Crossfire...and it makes me want Clay to be on his show (Jon's, not Crossfire!) so much more! Clay's got the smarts/funny combo that would be perfect in a 'serious' discussion about politics and/or current events in that show's context, don't you think?

Although all that sexy/smart/witty on the same stage might be too much to take! :hubbahubba:

But I'm willing to give it my best shot. :whistling-1:

laljeterfan, you lie! You are not horrible at recaps! I'm always interested in hearing about the show from the perspective of people who go in not knowing what to expect. If I hadn't seen the "Finland" bit on youtube before I saw the show locally in December, I would have been really thrown, I think. At least until the fish-slapping section, which is so very Python. I imagine it's a huge WTF! moment for many in the audience until they catch on.

I'm glad you had a good time. One month and counting before laughn and I hit NYC! EEEEE!

This is off-topic, but Beatles Night on AI tonight? The Random Lyric Generator is out in full-force. That said, there have been some really good performances so far.

You weren't kidding! I'd be going along with the song, then all of a sudden wonder what in the world they were singing.

Loved your recap laljeterfan. :clap:

17.gif Thanks!

It looks like Clay was in too much of a hurry to comb his hair. Or put on a t-shirt. Or button his shirt up all the way. :whistling-1:

Spam030608.jpg

That's because I was there and he was rushing to get outside to ME!!! :beatingheart::flirtysmile3::tongue70:

I just love the way Jerome is looking at him in this picture!!!

And I love those wittle chesty hairs too!! :hubbahubba:

:thankyou: all for the verra verra niiiice comments! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Great recap laljeterfan, I especially liked this part. It almost sounds like your describing a new ride at Disneyland! Wheeee

A definite "O" ticket foh sho :hubbahubba:

The bottle dance from 2nd row is a sight to behold- he is fierce and focused and incredibly gah-worthy, and seems to be coming RIGHT AT YOU! My cousin said that she felt like she was being propelled backwards against her seat when she was watching him, it was so forceful!