#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

Hee, Heidi! For our trip at the end of April we'll have 3 rooms (at least) for the 9 of us: You can have the Baby Bear temperature, I'll have the Mama Bear (and I'm keeping Solo & PerusingOne) and KAndre will have the Papa Bear one... Couchie? 00lsee? Hot or cold?

Boo Hoo....I am snowed under at work (yes I've been here an hour already and it's only 5:30) and already I am forgotten, not there, unaccounted for, left out, dismissed and am no more. It's a sad sad situation!!!! :cry4::cry4: Hey where's keepingfaith?

I cannot sleep in a hot room...so, yes, I'm so determined to sleep in the air conditioned space that I'm considering bringing along an air mattress...if all the beds are taken, I can then sleep on the floor. Can't sleep hot. Nope. Can't.

Okay, I want you in my room. <g> But I love Scarlett room temperature – which is cooool, too. Just can’t do KAndre room temp.

Not to throw a wrench into the works, but does anyone still think he'll make an AI appearance this year?

I don’t understand why that article says anything at all about AI, unless you weren’t intending that correlation. I wouldn’t be surprised either way, actually. I can see him staying away, although a part of me thinks it would be foolish to do so. Say what you want about AI, but I don’t think you can buy better promotion or a wider audience when you have a CD fresh out of the gate. And it’s kismet with AI doing this retrospective stuff on “favorite idols”. And he’s already done two Idol-connected things this year, so it’s not like he’s running away from it.

In any case, I won’t angst about him either being there or not being there. I’m just not an angster – about Clay, anyway. <g>

playbiller, your assessment of the ATDW promotion is right on. I always thought that RCA knew that the crap is all people wanted to talk about. Therefore a low budget promotion. I also think and agree that the overreaction of some people vis a vis the tabloid crap is what kept it alive for so long ! I do think that the winds have changed and Spamalot has been just what the doctor ordered. I am anxious to see what kind of approach Clay and his team will take to promote the new material !!

Couldn’t agree with all that more. I always thought that the Diane thing was planned as a way to get some of that shit out of the way.

I'm trying to get into a Zen zone here (but before I do, I must rant)...but I have to say that I'm verra, verra NOT happy with fans interfering with the BUSINESS of Clay's career. Verra tired---and embarrassed. It's not up to any of us when or how or why any press release or promotional announcement or ANYTHING about Clay's next CD, tour, first leading man movie role or next hair color is made...God.

If RCA is not performing according to somebody's expectation, well...tough titties! It's out of line, IMO, to even be making suggestions to anybody at the freakin' label. Maybe if Clay's fans hadn't already established a reputation of being meddling and persistent to the point of OBNOXIOUS about anything having to do with the man, a rational question about promotion might not set me off so...but

That AIN'T the case here, folks! So I can't imagine that any "innocent" "well-intentioned" correspondence with "RCA" is seen as anything but "HUH?" Do other celebrities' fans offer their expertise to the suits in the office towers? I just don't get it.

You know...Clay is way too nice sometimes, IMO.

[/rant]

A-fucking-men!!!

some of them almost seem to be hanging on against their will.

Behold! The power of The Aiken! :cryingwlaughter: Of course, I wouldn't mind Clay finding ways to keep me hanging on... :giveflowers: :17f71c4d: :pinkhandcuffsf:

So....I was in the car with recently-back-from-Europe teenaged daughter and I was telling her the cute story about two elderly Jewish sisters sitting next to me at one of the Spamalot shows. And when I was finished she calmly said, "That's a cute story, Mom---almost as cute as the first time you told it to me." I said, "Well, why didn't you stop me then?" And she said, "Because then I would sound too much like you when Grammy tells you things more than once."

:glare:

You know, I really don't know WHERE that kid gets her sarcastic sense of humor from... :whistling-1:

I'm trying to get into a Zen zone here (but before I do, I must rant)...but I have to say that I'm verra, verra NOT happy with fans interfering with the BUSINESS of Clay's career. Verra tired---and embarrassed. It's not up to any of us when or how or why any press release or promotional announcement or ANYTHING about Clay's next CD, tour, first leading man movie role or next hair color is made...God.

If RCA is not performing according to somebody's expectation, well...tough titties! It's out of line, IMO, to even be making suggestions to anybody at the freakin' label. Maybe if Clay's fans hadn't already established a reputation of being meddling and persistent to the point of OBNOXIOUS about anything having to do with the man, a rational question about promotion might not set me off so...but

That AIN'T the case here, folks! So I can't imagine that any "innocent" "well-intentioned" correspondence with "RCA" is seen as anything but "HUH?" Do other celebrities' fans offer their expertise to the suits in the office towers? I just don't get it.

[/rant]

WORD.WORD.WORD!!!

I think its likely there will be some who will like everything on the album - or at least not admit it if they don't. There are some fans out there who think everything Clay does is perfect no matter what. But I think for most of us, chances are if we are honest, there is probably a song or two on each of his albums we haven't particularly liked.

Well, that may be true for most, but there just is not a song on any of his albums that I dont like. There just isnt. Sometimes I feel like people want me to make one up or something, because otherwise I cant be taken seriously. Whatever. That doesnt mean I think that everything he does is perfect.....of course not.....and frankly, I resent the implication. But I cant even imagine not liking something on the new album, because for me, its all about the VOX. So as long as he is singing, I know I will be liking.

No need for resentment, luckiest1. I did say "some fans" and "most fans". I don't think I said "all fans". You are one of the exceptions to my perceived rules. And I am sure you are not the only one.

QUOTE(lindylo @ Apr 2 2008, 08:43 PM)

from Corabeth at CH

An update from RCA Marketing---posted with permission

The press release to announce the album release and the lead single will be out on Friday

Tthere are definitely more webisodes coming

While I am happy to see this, I wish fans would just let the info come out as planned instead of always pumping folks for info before they are ready to release it.

Kim

Oh groan!! Kim, I have never agreed with you more!

Well, the crazy fans are at it already attacking the USA story as negative in some comments. I wish I thought it ws not people who think they are fans. That woman is being insulted by some. Nice fans, so likely to have good will next time.

I wish I could say "You're kidding?", but I am unfortunately not surprised.

[/rant]

You go girl!!!!

While I don't like the constant RCA hate and I don't like reading how this fan or that fan knows better than the marketing execs at RCA or wherever and I wish they would express their opinions as just that - OPINIONS - what I hate the most is when some know-it-alls take it upon themselves to actually contact the label, the distributors or whoever. ITS NONE OF THEIR DAMN BUSINESS!!!

Don't you think they would have learned from ATDW?

I asked before, but I guess it got lost. Under normal circumstances, do any of you know when a press release comes out concerning a soon to be released album? I ask because until my life on the Clay message boards, I sure didn't. I only learned about an album coming out when I either heard the single on the radio or saw the performer on one of the morning or late night shows - usually the week of or the week after the CD dropped. And as for hearing the single, I think I always assumed when I heard a song on the radio the CD was already out! And in this day and age, just hearing a song on the radio wouldn't make me buy the album. I might download the one song, but until I heard more of the songs I wouldn't buy the CD.

I mean, I know that there has to be a press release, but I am just not sure how that effects the non-obsessive fan.

You know, I am convinced there are some fans who just aren't wired to be happy and have fun!

Clay seems to have a very high-maintenance fandom- it is amazing to me that he has been able to hold on to so many for so long- as sometimes, some of them almost seem to be hanging on against their will.

BWAH! Too true, too true!

CG, I'll give you a PERFECT example of an album coming out without this fan knowing of it via press release: REM released their latest album yesterday. I'm not a HUGE REM fan, but I usually do pick up their latest album. I did not know about this album being released until last Friday, when I saw the review in the latest People magazine. I've since seen one more review, and a major article in Time magazine. But a press release? Heh. Never saw that.

As for the rest of the crap out there, I'd just like to WORD almost every single one of you here tonight. I really just get sad when people think they can help Clay by contacting people at his record label. And I really did like the article a lot, I think it said a lot without giving everything away. I also think this article was a bit different in that the fans provided the questions, and Clay knew that. He knows the fandom well enough that he kept stuff close to his vest (*waves at 00lsee*). And, with an interview like that, he's damned if he says too much, damned if he says not enough. I'd go crazy if I were in his shoes.

TOURING IN GENERAL: "I'm taking a break," Clay said. He knows that you all want to see him again, and acknowledged that there were some press reports that he would tour this summer but "we never said we were planning on touring this summer. Do we plan on touring for this (new) album? Yes. But not this summer." Clay says he hates to be "a bubble-burster" for those of you looking forward to it but, for one thing, "there hasn't been enough time to put (a tour) together."

OK, I read and re-read the above part of the interview - you know, the one with the negative tone ( :rolleyes:). Do you see anything in it that confirms a fall tour??? Do you see anything in that paragraph that even mentions a fall tour??

Didn't think so.

Why yes, I have been outside these lovely walls! Why do you ask???

And ldyj - EXACTLY!!

I agree, ldyj - sometimes I wonder how Clay doesn't get outright angry with fan behavior. Well, maybe he does, but he manages to control it around us!

BTW, I love your signature. Everytime I think about the 'Bright Side of Life' song the thought of confetti involuntarily enters my mind. I wonder why!! :lol:

CG, the article doesn't say anything about a fall tour. But apparently Jerome said something about it, so it's being taken as gospel truth that there will be a tour this fall.

In the interest of fairness.

Well, I think I can correct a mis idea. No one contacted the distributor last album. A worker for the distirutor posted at the party board and initiated contact. She wanted people to know that there would be a special edition at KMart. how contact proceddedafter that , Ihave no idea, but "they started it" heh.

People love Clay and want to help. Just like the young girs I met at Cary loved Clay and wanted to shout it out duringthe quiet parts of the song, so he could hear them and know he was loved.

I do believe some people do not want to be fans of Clay, they really don't, but he draws them in. He is not their style and not their taste, he does what he wants, not what they want, and he will possibly never be loved as an international superstar. Because Clay is so unique, he both draws and repels some people. There are the usual suspects that are so repelled they have set up hate sites, but You knowwhat they say,there is a thin line between love and hate and the opposite of love is indifference. Eh, Clay is one of a kind, I should only live so long for it to be recognized.

ETA - Jerome did not say there would be a fall album tour all he said was Fall in respons to see you at the summer tour. It could mean anything. Maybe Jerome will be touring with someone else?

If the lead single is coming out Friday, I will try and sit at the computer and do Yes.com. I guess tomorrow wouldbe agood day for Promosquad.

CG, the article doesn't say anything about a fall tour. But apparently Jerome said something about it, so it's being taken as gospel truth that there will be a tour this fall.

It may not be gospel truth, but as one who likes to look for the positive..and will not be enjoying Spamalot...I am clinging to that little bit of info.

Okay, I’ve been elsewhere and now *I* have to rant. <g> Speaking of NEVER learning…

1) Please don’t tell me that Clay is down or unenthusiastic about an album based on a print article where you CAN NOT hear his tone of voice or even his complete answers to questions! Really, how hard is it to learn the lesson about media and print interviews in particular??? HOW HARD??

2) WTF are fans doing contacting people for info who are in any way related to Clay in a business sense?? WHY?? Just so those who are prone to angsting can angst sooner and longer? So they can make grand pronouncements and look important?? Really, I thought maybe this one had been learned.

3) Errrrr…..someone’s not really listening to the people referred to in #2 because they haven’t caught on to the idea of giving a CD time to succeed before planning a tour. <g> Why would you tour right away?? Your audience will just be the same core fan base – why not give the album time before you tour? Isn’t this common sense??

4) Please quit asking for more personal information than Clay is willing to give – and that includes why he connects to certain songs. He’s not going to tell YOU – give it up!!! Let the man have a private life, fer god’s sake. HE knows (as do many of the smart people at this board) that you will never be satisfied with anything he might choose to share, so he's smart enough to share nothing at all.

5)Jesus – please stop projecting YOUR feelings regarding RCA onto Clay!! You don’t know him and the tone of a print article (see #1) is not a good source of evidence that he hates or is depressed about RCA. This one SHOULD be easy, really.

6) ATDW promo or lack thereof???? GET. OVER. IT. Quit dissing a perfectly lovely album because YOU are bitter about a record label you know virtually nothing about in reality.

7) Ya can’t complain about him not wanting to live in NYC when ya were dissing Raleigh as a backwater. If you’re allowed to diss Raleigh (or negatively mis-characterize it), Clay is allowed to “diss” NYC (even though he really didn’t – this is a reflection of some people’s reading comprehension skills). Hypocrite much?

8) You’re really going to continue to worry about his promotion? Even realizing there is nothing you can do about it?? Really? WHY?????????

8a) You really haven’t learned to temper your expectations about EVERYTHING Clay does and haven’t realized that his goals may not be YOURS??? Really??? WHY????????????

9) You’re still listening to and taking seriously things that people on message boards say as if they “know things”???? Are you KIDDING me??

10) Quit looking a fucking gift horse (aka Clay – down Muski) in the mouth. You’re getting a damn CD is an amazingly quick time considering he just released one less than two years ago. LEARN TO ENJOY CLAY!!! That’s a tough one, I know.

Okay, I feel better. (Actually, I never felt "bad" - just had to get some shit off my chest. <g>)

All versions of "YOU" used in this post are universal. Nothing in this post is directed at anyone on this board - except that last bit about Muski. <g>

ETA - Jerome did not say there would be a fall album tour all he said was Fall in respons to see you at the summer tour. It could mean anything. Maybe Jerome will be touring with someone else?

Why did this put an image in my mind of Jerome touring on his own with a stand-up comedy routine of stories from life on the road with Clay..... B)

Heidi -- would you care to tell us how you really feel please? I couldn't tell from your post. :whistling-1:

annabear -- BWAH!! And I bet Jerome would have some very interesting stories to tell....

It may not be gospel truth, but as one who likes to look for the positive..and will not be enjoying Spamalot...I am clinging to that little bit of info.

Then I hope it happens, for your sake, and for all of us! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Back during ATDW I sat for hours reading all manner of crap (insider rumors, contacts with any Tom, Dick or Harry in "the business," and general condemnation of whatever was or wasn't happening) and it totally sickened me. I was utterly nauseated by the whipping up of fan fretting and sweating over a freaking press release. I'm a music lover. A serious and to the heart of me MUSIC LOVER! I piss on press releases in general, and I've written and read my share, just not about MUSIC!

This time the folly is not even serious for me, in fact I'm closer to laughing my ass off like Walter Huston at the end of Treasure of the Sierra Madre. The cast of characters are in place again, but I don't think too many people actually give a f.., I mean, CARE. Who cares? I don't think we here at EyesWideOpen, Inc. (a/k/a FCA) give a flying.

I will love to hear Clay singing new songs, and especially ones that mean something to him. I'm a lyrics person. I couldn't love a song if the words didn't resonate with me, but I've loved a ton of songs with lyrics that carried the music. A truly great song for me is when the music and lyrics are married in meaning -- and doubly great if the music and lyrics become personal for me. I couldn't be more impressed with Clay Aiken than I am right now. He continues to amaze me.

I stand corrected, play. Its what came after the initial contact that made my eyes roll back into my head! :cryingwlaughter:

I remember the report of what Jerome said, but it was cracking me up that I read several times on other boards that at least this interview CONFIRMED a fall tour. I just wondered how it did that without mentioning the word "fall"!

But wait! Perhaps the latest version of the Super Seekrit Decoder Ring has come out! :lilredani:

I am heading to bed. I enjoyed that article. I am looking forward to the album of songs with meaningful lyrics sung by Clay. I bet Clay is looking forward to being with his pups in his own back yard. I love Spamalot. I love Clay - even if he is too blond for my taste. And I don't give a flying fuck about a press release! (I know - bad fan, naive fan! ;) )

Always look on the bright side of life.... :whistling-1:

[/rant]

AMEN!!!

Okay, I’ve been elsewhere and now *I* have to rant. <g> Speaking of NEVER learning…

1) Please don’t tell me that Clay is down or unenthusiastic about an album based on a print article where you CAN NOT hear his tone of voice or even his complete answers to questions! Really, how hard is it to learn the lesson about media and print interviews in particular??? HOW HARD??

2) WTF are fans doing contacting people for info who are in any way related to Clay in a business sense?? WHY?? Just so those who are prone to angsting can angst sooner and longer? So they can make grand pronouncements and look important?? Really, I thought maybe this one had been learned.

3) Errrrr…..someone’s not really listening to the people referred to in #2 because they haven’t caught on to the idea of giving a CD time to succeed before planning a tour. <g> Why would you tour right away?? Your audience will just be the same core fan base – why not give the album time before you tour? Isn’t this common sense??

4) Please quit asking for more personal information than Clay is willing to give – and that includes why he connects to certain songs. He’s not going to tell YOU – give it up!!! Let the man have a private life, fer god’s sake. HE knows (as do many of the smart people at this board) that you will never be satisfied with anything he might choose to share, so he's smart enough to share nothing at all.

5)Jesus – please stop projecting YOUR feelings regarding RCA onto Clay!! You don’t know him and the tone of a print article (see #1) is not a good source of evidence that he hates or is depressed about RCA. This one SHOULD be easy, really.

6) ATDW promo or lack thereof???? GET. OVER. IT. Quit dissing a perfectly lovely album because YOU are bitter about a record label you know virtually nothing about in reality.

7) Ya can’t complain about him not wanting to live in NYC when ya were dissing Raleigh as a backwater. If you’re allowed to diss Raleigh (or negatively mis-characterize it), Clay is allowed to “diss” NYC (even though he really didn’t – this is a reflection of some people’s reading comprehension skills). Hypocrite much?

8) You’re really going to continue to worry about his promotion? Even realizing there is nothing you can do about it?? Really? WHY?????????

8a) You really haven’t learned to temper your expectations about EVERYTHING Clay does and haven’t realized that his goals may not be YOURS??? Really??? WHY????????????

9) You’re still listening to and taking seriously things that people on message boards say as if they “know things”???? Are you KIDDING me??

10) Quit looking a fucking gift horse (aka Clay – down Muski) in the mouth. You’re getting a damn CD is an amazingly quick time considering he just released one less than two years ago. LEARN TO ENJOY CLAY!!! That’s a tough one, I know.

Okay, I feel better. (Actually, I never felt "bad" - just had to get some shit off my chest. <g>)

All versions of "YOU" used in this post are universal. Nothing in this post is directed at anyone on this board - except that last bit about Muski. <g>

WORD.WORD.WORD

although to be fair...I do beleive that the organizers of the cd release party were again contacted by RCA if they want any promo material...but then I don;t think it is right to turn around and pump this contact person for all kinds of info or use them as some fan liason... JUST STAY OUT OF IT PLEASE!!!!

And what is soooo vital with this press release anyway....the announcement of the CD happened already...lots of articles and interviews have come out...its not like it was a total black out for this CD...

From Claygary...you are right he didn;t say people will not like the CD ... but he still thinks that people will have mix reactions and that tells me that he did go out of his comfort zone on some songs and I love the idea of that.

I do think the dilemma about the overseas trips is that he his music is owned by RCA. He cannot go there and have small concerts or shows the way Constantine did without the labels approval. They missed the chance of promoting MOAM and I have a feeling thats because of the conflict of who to promote first Ruben or Clay...in the end neither were pushed internationally. Promotions really takes a lot of money on the labels side. They will only do so if they are confident of a big return. If this CD performs well here and if he can get some kind of hit from it...then the chances of overseas promotion is greater. Does that mean he won;t ever be promoted overseas...I don;t think so. It will come.

If jumping to conclusions was an olympic sport, there are quite a few members of Clay nation that could vie for the gold medal

Playbiller, I agree that the stuff of 06 had a lot to do with promotion of ATDW and taking that into consideration the promo was pretty darn good.

ldyJ, loved your Spamalot recap I'm so glad you had a great time.

HeidiHo, word to your whole post and it's great to see you posting a little bit more.

I asked before, but I guess it got lost. Under normal circumstances, do any of you know when a press release comes out concerning a soon to be released album? I ask because until my life on the Clay message boards, I sure didn't. I only learned about an album coming out when I either heard the single on the radio or saw the performer on one of the morning or late night shows - usually the week of or the week after the CD dropped. And as for hearing the single, I think I always assumed when I heard a song on the radio the CD was already out! And in this day and age, just hearing a song on the radio wouldn't make me buy the album. I might download the one song, but until I heard more of the songs I wouldn't buy the CD.

I mean, I know that there has to be a press release, but I am just not sure how that effects the non-obsessive fan.

You know, I am convinced there are some fans who just aren't wired to be happy and have fun!

CG, in response to your question, before Clay I just never paid attention, I somehow found out that artists that I liked had an album coming out or that it had just come out and I'd buy it. I never knew that there was a "timetable" when all of these things are supposed to happen and that I should synchonize my watch and calender so that I could be a better informed fan. I will admit that I've never been a fan of anyone else like I am of Clay's, and this blessing/curse that is the internet probably play's into a lot of it these days. I want Clay to be successful, I like it when he breaks records, but that is not the be all and end all for me.

Yep, it seems that some learned nothing from ATDW and the harm that can come from being so overinvested in the minutiae of his business that you can't enjoy the gift that's right before your eyes.

OK FCA... surely ya'll are exaggerating. Really! Really? I read that article and fell in love with the man all over again. He is so intelligent, so funny, so sarcastic, witty and charming. And he he is NOT PC. I'm not going to go read the comments at the blog site but I walked away thinking she was friend..I really hope we don't turn her into foe. Anyway, I want to comment on the article..didn't have any time earlier.

But first I just want to reiterate that my hope for this album are simple. !. I want Clay to be able to put out the kind of album that he wants. That trumps EVERYTHING. When I listen to this album it will be him. I don't need to have him spell out for me who, what, where, why etc. Just knowing that the songs resonated with him on some level is enough. I don't care how many uptempo, midtempo, ballads he has. But if there is a Clay fan out there that thinks Clay has an aversion to ballads I just have this to say...YOU BETTER RECOGNIZE! 2. I would like him to get good critical reviews....or even better, I want every reviewer to actually listen to the album and post their honest opinion and not dismiss it out of hand because it's Clay. 3. I'd like him to sell a shitload. These are my hopes... thankfully, thanks to ATDW, I'm a lot more zen about all this stuff and frankly because I feel strongly that #1 actually happened...everything else will be gravy. Doesn't mean i don't want it all for Clay... I have just put this hobby of mine into some sort of persepctive.

on to the article...

Acting: This is Clay. He's not about to announce that he is the next Brad Pitt. If something comes along, he'll be open to it. This is all good to me.

Touring internationally - I'm no expert but Clay needs to re establish himself in the United States. The most important thing right now is for the album to do well here. If it does, I'll worry about getting more. I think that is most important for his longevity. I really do hope international recognition is in the mix one of these days..with this album or the next. But the energy needs to be here for now.

Touring in General: We've had 8 tours (I think). One thing I know is there will be a 9th. And I'm quite sure I'll know in plenty of time to make plans. Clay deserves a rest after summer tour, xmas tour, rehearsals for spamalot, 8 shows a week, recording an album, pre promotion for the album, promoting the album. I think Clay needs to spend time promoting this album, not touring around the country looking at us again. I hope we get lots of radio interviews this time around..I love those. I hope we see some different things and if he's on the road in July it just can't be done. So yay for Clay. Take all the time you need. If the tour is in the fall, great. If it's next spring - that's cool too.

Talk show - I hope he gets one. But if it comes it won't be next week. This is one thing I won't spend a second thinking about because it seems clear there is nothing in the works at all. Of course didn't he blog that him in Spamalot was ludicrous hee.

Raleigh. Of course he loves Raleigh more..it's his home. And he's allowed to have an opinion on why he prefers one over the other. Sounds like perfectly sound reasons to me.

The Album - I think he's saying there will be something for everyone to love but you might not love every single song. Sounds lik 100% of the albums I own already.

The lyrics: I'm not a lyrics person at all...half the time I don't even know what most artists are saying but I have a feeling I will turn into one for this album.

I'm all caught up ...wanted to work parts of so many posts I read tonight... this really resonated with me though..Heidi's number 10!

Amen and amen

Thanks for the sanity over here. I'm not getting into things much anymore and find myself in a wait and see mode. I know I will love Clay's new CD for the most part because it is new music from Clay but other than my own enjoyment, I can't get all bothered by the angst and speculations of the fandom. It's taken me 5 years to get here but I'm finally able to let go and let God where Clay is concerned. I know how talented he is and as long as he shares that talent, I'm there and I'm buying.

I am also glad to hear that he is going to take some time for himself. After this Broadway run while making and promoting a new CD, I'm sure he needs a little space to unwind. I also agree that he needs some time to let the interest in his new project build beyond the fanbase. Wait and see is my new mantra.

I'm glad you are all here and I read everyday. Just still needing to take space for myself from all of the drama in the ClayNation.

Oh, boy, I can't wait to hear what the reaction to the press release will be, because you know it ain't never gonna be good enough!!! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm proud of myself, I just stayed here tonight and think I probably feel much better because of it.

ok, then. Bitter comes in all forms. Just sayin'.

I think I just figured out how unwelcome I am here.

One thing I don't understand is how if ya'll hate it elsewhere why do you go over there and then run home to complain about the rest of us?

That's rhetorical of course, cuz I won't be back to read your answers.

YSRN,

I understand what you are saying. I do feel that 'sometimes' this board takes a 'we are better than them' attitude and I have been turned off by it. (Sorry FCAers, just being honest. FCA does have a rep as a mean board.)

What I posted here tonight, I would have posted at CV, only I would have been green inked for doing so.

I won't make fun of the other boards for wanting to angst, but I would like to express my amazement at the angst without being slapped down for having an opinion.