#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

This is the first time I've done this, but I am trying to remain unspoilered insofar as listening to others' versions of the songs on Clay's album. I want to hear his versions first.

I listened to "On My Way Here" once and then I decided I didn't want to hear more!

Just "not gonna do it" (tm Dana Carvey) :cryingwlaughter:

I haven't listened to anything yet and I'm not going to. Being on dialup helps with that choice, but even if I could I don't think I would.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this board. My home thread on the cb has already started up with RCA angst about promotion and other stuff that we don't even know about yet. :fca:

He turned back to me and said “Playbill didn’t screw up. One is March and the other is April”! Duh! [or should I say DIOI !!!]

Not true! Of the 10 or 15 Playbills I looked at, every single one was dated April 2008!!

Not listening to any demos - especially one where we don't even know for sure are the songs on Clay's CD. I can wait for the man himself to debacle me!

You know, if that is the song on the song list, I do think it's the type of song that will appeal to all ages and genres. I'm crossing my fingers because I got a little earworm going on. Can you tell I'm excited about the album/ I love Spamalot, too. thanks for the recaps. I love them all.

You guys are so funny about not wanting to hear anything. I'm certainly not going to be a virgin. LOL!!!

I think I listened to five seconds of one or two of the demos but I forgot how they sound already. Going forward, I'll listen to any Clay snippets but no demos with other people singing. I do like lyrics though...

So my sister picked her kids up at 10PM last night. 10!! And now I'm going through Monday morning blues, thinking about the house they left a mess, and my sister is flitting all around town today because she works for the state and they have Cesar Chavez off. I think I get off Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day. That's it. Cesar Chavez? In my dreams.

He turned back to me and said “Playbill didn’t screw up. One is March and the other is April”! Duh! [or should I say DIOI !!!]

Not true! Of the 10 or 15 Playbills I looked at, every single one was dated April 2008!!

Not listening to any demos - especially one where we don't even know for sure are the songs on Clay's CD. I can wait for the man himself to debacle me!

Right!! There could be a thousand songs out there titled "The Real Me"!

I want to hear "The Real THING!!" :cryingwlaughter:

I will listen to this youtube with the little snippets of Clay singing from the various news clips he's done........

.... but not too often!! I love ATDW to pieces, but I think I overdid the sneakpeeks a bit last time!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I want to be "spoilered" only if we get a chance to hear Clay himself sing the songs. Otherwise, I'm not listening. I've been spoilered in every way for previous albums, and this time I just want to wait to hear Clay. That way I'll be even more excited when the album actually comes out! And it seems that it's really not all that long to wait at this point. After all, tomorrow is April 1st!

I think I've been pure for every album except for MOAM. And for ATDW I listened to WY and ATD. It certainly makes for some interesting listening when the whole album is available. I think we had a contest at the CH for who could hold out the longest but I don't remember what album it was. :lilredani:

For ATDW we had a cd release party at Borders and not many people showed up, partly because there was another party merely five miles away. Of course the place was full of high school and college students doing homework and I had to put on my " I don't care what you think face" as we played games and the cd over and over again. I finally wandered out offering them some of the food we had sitting there and talked to a few kids. I was amazed how few knew nothing about Clay and his charitable ventures. I didn't push I just answered any questions they had. Fortunately this time I'll be in NJ for the cd release. I'm just too lazy to do that whole scene again. And I won't miss the harrassment by the local radio dj either. :clap:

Right!! There could be a thousand songs out there titled "The Real Me"!

Actually, one of my all time favorite songs is by a blues singer named Johnny Adams called "The Real Me"! Ironically, I often thought I would make a montage to it but never got around to it. When I first saw he was singing a song entitled "The Real Me" my little heart skipped a beat because I think he would sound sooooooooooooooooooooo sexy on the Johnny Adams song!

For some reason I thought we were already pretty definitive on which version of The Real Me was on the album...if not, I guess I broke my own rule by listening to the one that was previously linked on youtube. *oops* (Can't remember who was singing....maybe Natalie Grant?)

Anyways, I've decided that from here on in I'm going to try to stay strong and not listen to anything else until we get the actual Clay versions, too. I can't wait!

Not sure if the Natalie Grant Real Me was confirmed by Clay or if it was a guess by the fans. I'm reading lyrics, but no listening until it's Clay singing for me.

I listened tooooo much to that sneak peek gal and by the time I got the actual cd, a lot of the excitement had worn off. So, I might listen once, but that's it. Last time I burned it to cd and listened non-stop from the time it came out until the actual cd came out. It was nice having the better sound and no interruptions, but not new.

Cause this page needs some S.W.O.O.N...

268621307_yeMQi-XL.jpg

Not sure if the Natalie Grant Real Me was confirmed by Clay or if it was a guess by the fans. I'm reading lyrics, but no listening until it's Clay singing for me.

I listened tooooo much to that sneak peek gal and by the time I got the actual cd, a lot of the excitement had worn off. So, I might listen once, but that's it. Last time I burned it to cd and listened non-stop from the time it came out until the actual cd came out. It was nice having the better sound and no interruptions, but not new.

Cause this page needs some S.W.O.O.N...

268621307_yeMQi-XL.jpg

and AGAIN.........

liney - that's exactly what I did! I even burned the snippets and listened to them over and over.

I still love ATDW but those were some kinda overkill (for me!)!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Hope everyone's having a good day, it's cold and drizzly here in the DC area. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hi everybody! Thought I'd drop by and drop off the link to the page of album countdown widgets I made just in case some didn't see it on other boards. Feel free to use them on your blogs and websites. Need a custom design for the site Couch Tomato?

Also, don't forget to listen to Rose Radio. (shhh! But the Constantine fans have been voting up their guy and voting down Clay. So, if you are a listener, be sure to give Clay the thumbs up when you hear him!)

Yay! We wanna widget! Though more likely than not, we have no idea how to install it.

bwah..I'm sure FCAers aren't filled with confidence after this weekend..BUT... LadyJ and Ansa are back hee.

Hey Roseviolet..thanks for thinking of us!

Check it out- Per CV Interview with Clay/USA Weekend.

http://blogs.usaweekend.com/whos_news/

Hee! From that blurb about the upcoming interview:

But because Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...

Thread title? :lilredani:

ETA: I see jmh already beat me to it!

May I say that getting back to the real world of work sucks. Especially after four Spamalot shows full of Clay, et.al. Today was full of not-so-much-fun meetings and the info I came away with is not so good, either. I've got a lot of work ahead of me to make this Fall Forum happen right...geez...I must've been on some sorta drugs when I signed the contracts with this hotel and convention center back in 2005! :wacko::huh:

Ah...the gods heard me...a young guy just knocked on my hotel door and carried in a plate of some four cheeses thingy display thingy...and a bottle of cabernet, which he is now opening for me. I think I'll just drink it completely and pass out so that I don't have to have nightmares about this conference.... :clown_4:

But as I was exploring the vast convention center, scoping out the joint for our future use of it, I found myself humming "I'm not dead yet..." so maybe all is not lost! :cryingwlaughter:

Last time I listened to every single snippet of Clay singing songs from ATDW....This time, I'm going to be a virgin (shutup)..I don't even want to read the lyrics of the songs because I know myself and I know I'll start presuming what it must sound like and what in Clay's real life must've spurred him to include them, etc. This time I just want to hear the wonderful surprise of the man's voice, knowing that he loves the songs and that they're 'his'. :wub:

Ooh! My world-traveler daughter just called me from home! She's home all safe and sound and exhausted from a long-assed flight, but happy. :clap:

Check it out- Per CV Interview with Clay/USA Weekend.

http://blogs.usaweekend.com/whos_news/

Hee! From that blurb about the upcoming interview:

But because Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...

Thread title? :lilredani:

ETA: I see jmh already beat me to it!

I'll second that one!

Wow, most of those questions over there are pretty painful; sorry to be a "B", but I wonder do people ever think to read what has already been asked...and then not ask it for the 400th time? Three or four times in sequence in the thread? ....slaps forehead.... And then of course there's always the bitter 13-yr old in Podunk :lol: that just has to be original and ask the Gay question. No disrespect intended if there really is a Podunk :lol:

Lawsey....sigh....

I have to say FromClaygary - I read all the questions and I'm at glass half full because so far...132 responses..not one person has risen to the bait of maybe 5 instigators. Normally by now there is a huge silly fight going on. And I'm not going back so I will be left with that good impression of us.

I do think a few fans took their opportunity to say something to Clay, not really ask a question. And a few people put their entire address and I worry about that. I found the questions interesting ...I guess some are worried about promo, fast songs, fun songs, band on tour, touring locations. Not surprised. My fingers are crossed for California or lots of good weekend - Friday/Sat/Sunday concerts in a place that Southwest goes. heh.

My thoughts, too, Couchie, re: the list of questions and comments on that usaweekend thingy. And I cracked up at these two questions:

--Do you ever get tired of seeing the same people at the SD? :unsure:BWAH!

and

--When are you going to replace the mods at your fan club message board with some who'll be fair to everyone? :glare: BWAH!

BTW...I hope that HAWT floor pic is on the back of the CD if the NY skyline one is the front....or maybe the floor one should be a big ole' poster insert in the cd case...or better yet, maybe there should be a poster inside the case that has Clay reclining even more on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace, and he's only wearing....

:hubbahubba:

I have to say FromClaygary - I read all the questions and I'm at glass half full because so far...132 responses..not one person has risen to the bait of maybe 5 instigators. Normally by now there is a huge silly fight going on. And I'm not going back so I will be left with that good impression of us.

Up around 150 now and still ignoring the rude crap. Does it say something about me that I actually laughed at some of the remarks? As for the whole thing...I don't know...maybe the whole fandom has turned a corner on that stuff. People can't get you all rilled up if you don't let them.

Up around 150 now and still ignoring the rude crap. Does it say something about me that I actually laughed at some of the remarks? As for the whole thing...I don't know...maybe the whole fandom has turned a corner on that stuff. People can't get you all rilled up if you don't let them.

I know. Ship Clay with whoever you want but the moment you start acting like you know what's going on in his personal life that's when I have to call you pathetic. And I find the John Dahlstrom hangers on pathetic and comical. I do think that many of the posts are there to get at the fans... Clay is an afterthought because really he isn't even going to read that. It's US they hate. The key has always been to ignore them. How fun is it if you can't get a rise out of people. I really REALLY hope we have learned that lesson.

ETA: Hee FromClaygary..for some reason I found them fake...not the will you come to Asia ones but the I want you to have radio play..

signed India or Signed Russia. LOL.