#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

I have to say FromClaygary - I read all the questions and I'm at glass half full because so far...132 responses..not one person has risen to the bait of maybe 5 instigators. Normally by now there is a huge silly fight going on. And I'm not going back so I will be left with that good impression of us.

Yes, good point, there is that....

I do think a few fans took their opportunity to say something to Clay, not really ask a question. And a few people put their entire address and I worry about that. I found the questions interesting ...I guess some are worried about promo, fast songs, fun songs, band on tour, touring locations. Not surprised. My fingers are crossed for California or lots of good weekend - Friday/Sat/Sunday concerts in a place that Southwest goes. heh.

Yes again, the entire addresses skeered me as well...I can't imagine anyone being so naive. Even full NAME and location is a little frightening to me these days.

Interesting to see now, as well, there are a number of posts from all over the world (or, at any rate, they SAY they are...maybe I'm the naive one!)

Heee, the comments are interesting. I think some people put in their full addresses because Lorrie said to put your full name, city and state in the comment if you want your question to be used in the magazine. But people often don't read directions, so some put a full address. Yikes!

Here are a few questions that cracked me up (some have already been mentioned):

Are you still going to tell us you can't dance?

Do you ever get tired of seeing the same people at the SD everyday?

You've always said you can't dance. NOW, can you dance??

Where DO you get all this Energizer Rabbit energy from? Huh?

When will you replace the mods at the fan club with people who are fair to everyone?

Have you ever bought or sold anything on Ebay?

When (in my lifetime, I hope) are we going to get another CALENDAR!!!???

My question is, "Where do you get all your energy to do everything all at once?" I went bowling the other day and could not walk the next day, my legs hurt so bad, all I thought about was you, when you said your body hurt so bad after rehersals, I can just imagine.

i enjoyed the WRAL video clip of you/Linda Loveland backstage at Spamalot. i couldn't help but notice all of your wardrobe, and that you wear black boxers. size, please? just getting my Xmas '08 list in order! *G*

BWAH!

Some of those are too funny, Gibby! :cryingwlaughter:

Well its GOODBYE FCA :bye2:

.....only for 5 weeks guys!!!! :yess: YES I leave tomorrow at the crack of dawn and train for 90mins fly for two hours change planes fly 11hrs stay onight in Japan fly 11.5 hrs change planes in Detroit fly 2.5 hrs to Orlando! Whew! About a week of WDW and Kennedy space centre fun then to Washington then train to NYC!!! Wonder what there is to do there? I suppose we could play cards or watch TV at night? Not like theres much going on there or cute entertainers to harass.. err ... see in shows is there? Anyway after about a week there we head to Boston Toronto Montreal Quebec City and on to Japan then Home. I don't have a laptop but if the ( crappy) hotels we are staying in have internet acces I will pop in and say hello. I am meeting Annabear on the 17th after the show for a coffee so if anyone finds themselves in the area please join us! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Why am I spending this time on the board when I should be finishing the packing!!! :onFire: :It doesn't seem real to me yet, all this planning (for years) and it's finally here! I spose it will hit me on the plane tomorrow. :yahoo: Bye. Love Donna.

Some appropriately excited nanas :dancingpickle::nanaonacid::nanarow: :nana: :Boss:

I want to be "spoilered" only if we get a chance to hear Clay himself sing the songs.

Me, too! And I rarely think it's better to wait. The songs just don't mean anything to me without Clay's voice giving them life. I am a lyrics person, but not out of context. And another person singing the song? I'm just not interested.

If given a chance to preview the album through Sneak Peek as with ATDW, I'll listen, despite that lady's irritating voice interrupting Clay. She is still stuck in my head.

.....only for 5 weeks guys!!!! :yess: YES I leave tomorrow at the crack of dawn and train for 90mins fly for two hours change planes fly 11hrs stay onight in Japan fly 11.5 hrs change planes in Detroit fly 2.5 hrs to Orlando! Whew! About a week of WDW and Kennedy space centre fun then to Washington then train to NYC!!! Wonder what there is to do there? I suppose we could play cards or watch TV at night? Not like theres much going on there or cute entertainers to harass.. err ... see in shows is there? Anyway after about a week there we head to Boston Toronto Montreal Quebec City and on to Japan then Home. I don't have a laptop but if the ( crappy) hotels we are staying in have internet acces I will pop in and say hello. I am meeting Annabear on the 17th after the show for a coffee so if anyone finds themselves in the area please join us! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Why am I spending this time on the board when I should be finishing the packing!!! :onFire: :It doesn't seem real to me yet, all this planning (for years) and it's finally here! I spose it will hit me on the plane tomorrow. :yahoo: Bye. Love Donna.

Some appropriately excited nanas :dancingpickle::nanaonacid::nanarow: :nana:

Whew!!! Just getting to your destinations sounds like an adventure in & of itself, ausdon! Can't wait to meet up with you on the 17th! Safe travels. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Along with this....

ca_flr_08.jpg

:flirtysmile3:

This is the same photographer who photographed Clay on the bathroom floor isn't it? Wonder what it is about floors and Clay....????? :whistling-1:

:hubbahubba:

GoodNESS! I haven't been here for awhile. Are there more like this????

~

I'm really excited about the CD, but it's so close I think I can wait and not check out the spoilers. I admit that I almost highlighted the lyrics up page a bit, but then thought better of it. It won't mean as much to me if it's not Clay.

Some appropriately excited nanas :dancingpickle::nanaonacid::nanarow: :nana: :Boss:

Check in if you get a chance, but most importantly, have an absolutely fantastic time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!

That's the only one so far, saltwaterdog. Maybe we'll get another one this week! Better get ready, just in case..... :lipstick:

Regarding spoilers, I did listen to the first two YouTube links, but just once. I listened to anything & everything for ATDW! Another one here who burned the "sneak peek" snippets to CD and listened to them everywhere! :cryingwlaughter:

Whoa, ausdon! What a cool trip! Hope you still have some ooomph by the time you pop in on Mr. Aiken in NYC....maybe he can give you some private training sessions on how to be the Energizer bunny... :whistling-1:

I just watched the AI Rewind Top 5 show...some damned good performances from that crew that week. And Clay was HAWT! Both in VOX and in looks...I remember watching him that week and thinking....."Hmmmm....he's kinda....hot. When did that happen?" :lmaosmiley-1: I'd thought he was cute before, but that week (and a little during Billy Joel week and Diane Warren week--but still in those weeks he was more "cute" than :hubbahubba: , you know?)....

I'm putting off doing anything productive.

It's what I do.

Aw, hell....might as well have another glass of wine before I call it a day.

heh.

ausdon, counting on my fingers and toes, I still can't figure out when you'll be changing planes in Detroit...and how long you'll be at the airport, 'cuz, that's sort of my neck of the woods.

My Itinerary says 3rd April arrive 13.40 .... depart 15.17 this does not seem like enough time to clear customs etc and check in for the ongoing flight but my travel agent assures me that Northwest assures her that it will be ok. Nail biting time for me......

Have a safe trip...um...trips ausdon!

I am not listening to anything either; I look forward to ripping open that CD on May 6th, sitting back and just letting Clay's voice wash over me and hearing those songs for the first time.

Kim

Some appropriately excited nanas :dancingpickle::nanaonacid::nanarow: :nana:

ausdon... have a great time and buy some Airborne! Drink lots of water and stay healthy to enjoy this fantastic trip!

Hotel internet can sometimes be free and sometimes cost a mint. Internet cafes are not as expensive, if you come across any. Libraries, as Playbiller said. Write your recap out so you don't forget before your trip is over (fat chance, right? LOL)

HAVE FUN!!!

Opening DAY!!!!

Go Twins! :lilredani:

They won!!! I don't even recognize their names yet. Hubby told me we only three of the original fielders from last year. I'll get to know them over the next few weeks.

Torii Hunter got a nice reception.

somebody is a leeetle wired. heee. Have a wonderful wonderful trip.

Thankful I'm in the same boat with the A's...you know the farm team for the rest of the league. I've got almost a whole new roster to learn. And YSRN... so sorry about your team...it's going to be a long year for ya. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ausdon -- Washington DC is where I live. Will you be sightseeing here? I would love to meet up with you!! What days will you be here??

Check your PMs!!!!

Welcome back Ansa, hope you had a great trip.

thanks atinal...been back since yesterday but I was fighting jetlag all day and today...trying to organize all our stuff...

so I am WAAAAAAAY behind on the boards...will catch up and give comments tomorrow.

I did read Ausdon post about her trek....I did a similar one but I had and added 12 hour train ride to Montreal.

I did use Northwest and my port of entry was Detroit...in my experience 2 hours is enough...its a pain to wait in long lines for immigration and to get your baggages but it all went through fast.

have fun in your trip!!!

as of now short version of my reaction...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for On My Way Here!!!!! love everything I have heard so far about it....can;t wait