#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

Well, you gpo to the spamalot donation page and join the team in the name of FCA. Then you can put a link to donate on your web page and people can donate through FCA and have it count toward spamalot. I think the page describes it.

Here is the page to join

here are a list of existing spamalot team pages

Do it, kareneh!

Elied Called..

she said they had to cut it off, they couldnt get through everyone..she thinks they may do it for the rest of the time (just a guess, nobody told her that)

She said that the king said they would be doing this until Clays last day and they were really dreading that (awwwwww)

You had to line up to get your picture taken, and many many people lined up...she didnt have an estimation, but they didnt get through everyone. Eleid didnt get her picture taken, she is hoping they do it tomorrow (she got the impression that they would) because she has to ask her husband..she said and I quote

"when your married honey, you cant just spend 200 dollars like that without checking with him" haha

she said people were trying to take pictures of the picture taking and security was kind of irritated

she said he was great, dancing was cute..

claymeanslove got her picture taken!

it was the poloroid camera, and they all autographed the pic

no stagedoor

Well, you gpo to the spamalot donation page and join the team in the name of FCA. Then you can put a link to donate on your web page and people can donate through FCA and have it count toward spamalot. I think the page describes it.

Here is the page to join

Hey thats doable! Couchie...ldyJ...what do you think?

Here is the page to join

Hey thats doable! Couchie...ldyJ...what do you think?

Sure, works for me. I nominate Ansa to be in charge :whistling-1:

Yep...great idea...but I'd have to find Bottle's hotdog cart for breakfast lunch and dinner. Damn I need an extra 200 don't I....just in case.

Well, the good or bad news is it'll only last through the end of April. The Easter Bonnet competition is only in the month of April.

A polaroid AND autograph with Tom, Rick, AND Clay is so cool!

ooo, tops!

Couchie, by the end of next week I won't even be able to buy a whole hot dog for myself. I'll be looking for someone to share my bun. Do you like all the trimmings or am I going to have to give up my sauerkraut?

all the trimmings!! I'll take half that sauerkraut ma'am. Oh who am I fooling... I'm already going on a wing and a prayer so no polaroid for me.... but I adore the idea. They should rack up a lot!

Okay I'm over it muski and Clayzorback. Now what's this about James Blount? I guess I don't like his voice either. Actually I couldn't stand it. But I'm sure he's a great guy.

Im still haven't heard the single but fortunately the primary in NC , taxes and going to see Spam is keeping me busy so I'm not missing it yet. But that phrase "Faith conquers fear", does it have anything to do with me? :8:

Girl's Knight Out with the Camelot Gang (Peasant recap -- please don't copy to other sites)

At the start of the show they always announce something about recording devices and cellphones and being dragged up to the stage and impaled by a bunch of well-armed knights. Everyone around me always seemed to be terrified at the prospect. Me? I chose to reserve judgement, since it *could* actually turn out not to be so bad depending on the type of impaling those well-armed knights had in mind. *shrugs*

So, when Patsy came to take me up the stage Sunday night I didn't exactly have to be dragged. All the knights seemed to be very friendly and welcoming. The King got to go first because, I suppose, he *was* the king. He asked for my name and I said it out loud this time, because I didn't want the entire front row to have to yell it out like in Long Island. Since the King was nice, I also gave him my last name. He didn't ask for my phone number/s. I think that was because Clay already had 3 of my cell phones registered at the mozes site. The other knights played coy with me, wooing me with shiny sparkly stuff. They were fun. At one point I was completely surrounded by knights -- above me, below me, to my left, to my right. They kept repeating my name ecstatically. It seemed to go on forever.

Before the night was over, I had Clay on bended knee raising his arms beseechingly at me and singing of some Holy Grail thingy or other. I was confused about this since he hadn't yet changed into his white tuxedo pants. *scratches head* Maybe he wanted me to help him with his clothes because Shannon was out that night? Anyways, I told him that I wasn't comfortable getting it on while a still photographer was standing in the room. I proposed that we do video instead since it was less distracting. So he went over to the photographer, talked to him and them walked back to my while holding and shaking his thing. He extended it to me and I gathered that he wanted me to touch it, take it and shake it too. Weird request, but I obliged!

All in all, it was such a wonderful experience to be the darling of every knight at the round table, even for just 1 evening. Definitely a keeper and a scene I will replay over and over again.

Special thanks to Gibby, luckiest1, annabear, ldyjocelyn, couchie, ansa, muski, cct, laughn, CG, playbiller, KarenEh, 00lsee, liney23, clayzedover and everyone else who sent virtual hugs and best wishes! (hope I didn't forget anyone)

walked back to my while holding and shaking his thing. He extended it to me and I gathered that he wanted me to touch it, take it and shake it too. Weird request, but I obliged!

Scarlett, my love....surely you don't think anyone HERE would ever think that was a weird request! :hubbahubba: Any of us would KILL to have a chance to touch, take and shake Clay's extended thing.

:Thud:

I'm tickled all kinds of colors that you were surrounded by knights and Clay got down on his knees for you (Was it as good as I've imagined? :hubbahubba: _

Thanks for some great right-before-bed thoughts.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: Hrrrmmpppffff! June 13 for me.... :cry4:

The King got to go first because, I suppose, he *was* the king. He asked for my name and I said it out loud this time, because I didn't want the entire front row to have to yell it out like in Long Island. Since the King was nice, I also gave him my last name. He didn't ask for my phone number/s. I think that was because Clay already had 3 of my cell phones registered at the mozes site. The other knights played coy with me, wooing me with shiny sparkly stuff. They were fun. At one point I was completely surrounded by knights -- above me, below me, to my left, to my right. They kept repeating my name ecstatically. It seemed to go on forever.

:cryingwlaughter: How I wish there was clack of this! Thanks for the recap!

It's probably a very good thing that I am not attending another Spam show until May 3rd, because even though I don't have $200, I'd probably find some way to get it to get up on that stage and have my picture taken with those 3 guys. What a fantastic fund raising idea!

Okay I'm over it muski and Clayzorback. Now what's this about James Blount? I guess I don't like his voice either. Actually I couldn't stand it. But I'm sure he's a great guy.

Im still haven't heard the single but fortunately the primary in NC , taxes and going to see Spam is keeping me busy so I'm not missing it yet. But that phrase "Faith conquers fear", does it have anything to do with me? :8:

Hee, that depends......Clay wants us to interpret the lyrics our own way. ;) But seriously, run, don't walk, to listen to the single, because it's gorgeous. :wub:

I don't mind James Blunt, I actually like the song Beautiful (not so crazy about 1973) and while his voice isn't all that, it doesn't grate on me like some of the voices I hear on the radio. But I figured his stint on DWTS wouldn't go over big in this fandom. Luckily, I don't watch the show so my blood pressure is still low today. :cryingwlaughter:

I'd definitely participate if FCA got registered on the Spam site for the Broadway Cares/Equity donation thingy.....since I've yet to send my cheque to Jerome.

Why is it only Wednesday? Will this week ever end?

God, I'm a post ho! From STPteach at CH:

With respect to Broadway Cares, in addition to the polaroid photo for $200 they also had available a signed poster by cast members (Clay's name is centered and most prominent!) for $100 each and a cast-signed playbill for $40 each.

Oh, and he was fantastic tonight and I missed Hannah v. v. much.

Also, the peasant tonight was a lovely woman who was attending with her husband from CA. It's their only Spamalot show and when we chatted she obviously followed Clay (she was at the Greek and Palo- she immediately laughed at the memory of FlatClay *g*) she was unaware of the peasant routine. She was quite sweet and at the end of the show we learned it was also her birthday. Awww. It was very sweet to see how happy her husband (goes along willingly to Clay's play and concerts) was for her.

Wow, looks like I really lucked out when I went in March and got two stage door opportunities and two autographs! Hee, I'll try to look at it that way, instead of how I'm missing out on all the fun that's going on for the next two weeks........always look on the bright side of life, right? :imgtongue:

Oh gee..looks like I get my economic stimulus money 4 days after I get home from NY. What great timing, only not.

Here's the schedule for those curious.

YAYNESS! I'm in the first mailing! :) But since they had to borrow the money to do this I have a feeling I'll be paying that money back somewhere down the road. I'm skeered to spend it. I think it'll go into replenishing my savings account.

I'm a horrible recapper...but I'll try to put some thoughts down at some point. Suffice it to say I had a verra verra nice little trip. Don't tell my daughter but traveling and playing with a bunch of 20 somethings is rather exhausting. Thank Goodness ducky came and rescued me one night.

*waves to Scarlett whom I recognized as the peasent Sunday evening*

---

So ... it's back to work today for me. *sigh*

[sv]but I don't want to go on the cart[/sv]

I'd love to do an FCA team, and I'm with couchie -- Ansa can run the thing! *g*

WHEEEEE for Scarlett!!! I wuv you.

OK, a conflicting report on what else can be bought to help raise money (bottle, you may need more money in your paypal):

Via canuck at CV:

From d4kkkks at CB

Other fund raising stuffs are;

Large Colored playbill with all cast autographs for $100.

Card with only autograph of Sir Lancelot, Sir Robin and Prince Herbert for $40.00?

Ensembles with buckets stayed by the door for voluntary contributions.

She also said that they accepted cash, credit cards and personal cheques. the polaroid picture was inserted into an already autographed card.