#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

This week is the Shell Houston Open golf tournament and I have probably 200-300 people come by my desk every day. I have the "do me on the floor"pic as my desktop and quite a few people have asked if it was my son!!!

One of the guys asked who it was and when I said Clay Aiken he said "That's Clay Aiken! He is beautiful". Needless to say it made my day.

Hee I got a Myspace blog note about the Album coming out May 6.

Click on this, click on this!!!!11

Rahleigh Chrionicle

you must click on it!

Moonhead found this

Oh, that is just awesome!! :cryingwlaughter: Screencapped and saved for posterity!

Idyj- enjoyed your recap!

fromclaygary- how are you feeling?

Is the banner new? Wow, it's lovely!

Heinz... :F_05BL17blowkiss: Good, thanks for asking! Will be delighted to get my stitches out next week, though!

LdyJ is a model guest, although Ithink we had a failure to communicate at one point, hee. She was huingary and I was offerring her food an she would say it looks interesting or it looks good, but never said I want that, so I kept drawing out other food, and in the end, she went to bed hungry.

Ah well, it would not have been a problem if they had soup in Costco.

Why do people post numbers to call on the internet, ask people to call them, and them never answer the phone?

(ot rant.....)

Good Lord, will this winter never end?? Since about 5:30, it's been freezing raining here....the wind is blowing 80 km+ an hour (about 50 mph for you Amerricans)...and when I drove home tonight, the highway to my house is flooded and closed, thus forcing me to drive about 5 miles out of my way to get home.

Enough already!!!

Sure do feel sorry for those people who LIVE on the closed highway though! Wonder HTH they're getting home??

{{{FromClaygary}}} Come and visit us where *... winter is forbidden 'til December... and exits March the 2nd on the dot... *

Nice recap, LDJ!!! So happy for you!!!

KAndre how she just now walked in her apartment and turned on the AC as soon as possible because it was a tad warm inside...

Yep, winter sucks!

You actually switched on the AC??? To 'cool'??!!!

*Pumps arm in a Yesssss motion!!! And PerusingOne compromised on 75 degrees in NYC last February!!! Pretty soon, we can all share one room again!!!*

Envious of people who are at home while I'm still typing away at work...

merrieeee, how 'bout some SHO tix?

Quick Clay story...I had mucho appts. today with local vendors of services I'll need when our conference is held here in the Fall...so I was chatting with a woman with an exhibition company as we crossed the street and she asked me about being in NYC...I told her I went to see "Carolina Boy", Clay Aiken, in Spamalot on Broadway...and she actually STOPPED in the middle of the street, looked at me with this astonished expression.

I was grinning with glee, thinking she--this young, blonde, slim, attractive woman was going to reveal herself as a rabid fan, and then she said, "OMG! My GRANDMOTHER absolutely is CRAZY about him!"

:huh:

She then proceeded to tell me about how her 87-year-old grandmother had never even used a computer five years ago and now she's downloading music and pictures and videos! :cryingwlaughter: She knows where Clay went to school and how his hair styles have changed and all about his UNICEF and BAF work and how funny he is during interviews on tv shows..---

Basically, she described any one of US! :unsure: heh.... :rolleyes:B)

So by the time this woman and I said goodbye, I'd explained just how she HAD to take her grandmother to NYC before May 5th to see Clay on Broadway. I told her how much fun everyone has who sees it and how cheap it would be to fly there from here and how her grandmother would never, never be able to forget it ....

I mean...she's 87 freakin' years old, after all! Go for it, for crying out loud! :lilredani:

I've been thinking about this story off and on all days and it keeps making me smile... :clap:

Click on this, click on this!!!!11

Rahleigh Chrionicle

you must click on it!

Moonhead found this

That is just a HOOT!!! Thanks for bringing that over!!!

BWAH!!!! Hilarious!!

Chacha, the banner is wonderful. :clap:

Ldyj, I enjoyed your recap a great deal! YWSOB is a killer from that row B, center seat, isn't it? :hubbahubba:

I was just going to ask if anyone else was having trouble with it.

Great story, muski. I hope they take your expert advice & make the trek to NYC!

KAndre how she just now walked in her apartment and turned on the AC as soon as possible because it was a tad warm inside...

Yep, winter sucks!

:finger:

:lol:

Oh, Scarlett, you have NO idea how much I wish I could come and visit you! I love Houston, actually!

Yep, winter sucks!

Heh. I’m in between. I had the AC on over the weekend and the heat on….was it last night or the night before?? Can’t remember. I think last night was the night that I had nothing turned on and just opened a bunch of windows. Yeah, I don’t mind our winter at all. We have four real seasons but the cold one is pretty short.

You actually switched on the AC??? To 'cool'??!!!

*Pumps arm in a Yesssss motion!!! And PerusingOne compromised on 75 degrees in NYC last February!!! Pretty soon, we can all share one room again!!!*

OMG, I forgot!! Yer right!! She used AC! She of the 90 degree hotel room!! I dunno – I still probably need it colder than what she’ll handle. <g>

Chick, I walked in and it was 91 degrees! It's now down to 80 and I have turned the AC off! Dream on!

Oh, see. <g>

EEEEE!! I'm so glad that ldyj had a great time!! I knew she would - this is the best thing Clay has ever done, IMO.

After the rain, I walked the dog without putting on a coat, just a sweat shirt. It was so warm! I open the windows though, I would probably not survive inTexas, but there is an excuse I have so much dust and dirt to clean up. I like smeling the earth and looking out at the flowers blooming on their own without much work from me (except initial planting and minimal weeding (if you plan perennials, like me).

on the walk, I saw the weeping willows along the river walk way were starting to bloom. The cherry blossoms are not far behind. Winters are rough, but the green green of spring is so worth it.

I'm with you on a preference for the NC/Tenn winters, HeidiHo--a bit of cold is fine, but these constant snow storms and long months of cold y'all describe? No thanks!! I spent a couple of winters living near Lake Erie--snow, snow, snow, and more snow, and it wasn't as bad as some of the places y'all live. Brrrrrrr.

Our weather here is insane. All the snow has finally melted, and it seemed like maybe spring was on the way. This morning it was raining and windy, but at lunch it had stopped and the temp was up around 13 C so I went for a walk. This evening I took the dog out and practically got blown off the sidewalk by the wind, which at that point was whipping some more snow around. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Will spring ever get here???????

Well, I welcomed the warm weather today with my upstairs A/C going out...again. Battled the same unit all last summer and really don't want to battle the darn thing again THIS summer. Must replace. Or something.

*sigh*

See, I'm a total wimp when it comes to hot weather. It gets much past 75 degrees F and I'm DYING. I don't like really prolonged winters, but I'd much rather have winter than summer. And snow is great as long as there is a fireplace and hot chocolate involved.

*staples Heidi to the board*

Chick, I walked in and it was 91 degrees! It's now down to 80 and I have turned the AC off! Dream on!

Well, the AC here in my office has been at 72 all day... (and I'm not paying for it).

FromClaygary, how about coming for the International Quilt Show?

Ansa, welcome back!!! How was the weather?

Hee, Heidi! For our trip at the end of April we'll have 3 rooms (at least) for the 9 of us: You can have the Baby Bear temperature, I'll have the Mama Bear (and I'm keeping Solo & PerusingOne) and KAndre will have the Papa Bear one... Couchie? 00lsee? Hot or cold?

Well, the AC here in my office has been at 72 all day... (and I'm not paying for it).

FromClaygary, how about coming for the International Quilt Show?

Ansa, welcome back!!! How was the weather?

Hee, Heidi! For our trip at the end of April we'll have 3 rooms (at least) for the 9 of us: You can have the Baby Bear temperature, I'll have the Mama Bear (and I'm keeping Solo & PerusingOne) and KAndre will have the Papa Bear one... Couchie? 00lsee? Hot or cold?

Scarlett I am experiencing extremes in weather right now.. early march in manila was not bad, pleasantly warm...but as soon as Holy week came...HOOOT and humid. I actually missed snow! So I get back home and the snow banks are still taller than me! It was a mixture of rain and snow today...I do hope we get a thaw soon. Tall mounds of black and brown snow just not pretty.

Yep, winter sucks!

KAndre.... you are cold, woman, and I aint' talkin' bout the temperature... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I live in sunny Southen California and I wore a sweatshirt all day and have the heater on right now. My blood runs thin after 42 years here. It'll be nice when the sun comes out again.

I see keepingfaith down there! Hey! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I get on another plane in the morning, this time to go home! :clap: I wanna sleep in my own bed. With my hubby. :wub:

Gawd....I'm having Spamalot withdrawal...I keep humming different songs from it or wishing I had a mp4 of the whole freaking show so that I could watch it on my video iPod! And I want Clay to join a touring company of Spamalot and come to San Francisco! Yeay! :clap:

Wait....on second thought, I'd rather have Clay to find his way there when he tours with OMWH! heh. And he'd BETTER have a freakin' BAND with him and not a freakin' ORCHESTRA, dammnit! :abuser:

You mean you turn it off? Mine is on and stays on until the automatic thermostat cuts it off under 75 degrees.

I think you already know that I want a cool room. August in Orlando with the heater on was memorable. Sleeping in a greenhouse environment was quite the total tropical experience. A hot room and a broken toe, yet I still had the most fabulous time -- and that's a testament to my always entertaining traveling companions. :F_05BL17blowkiss: (Not to mention the cutest, most talented and sexy singer named Clay, who entertained us so well.)

LdyJ I LOVED your recap. Thanks for the information about Row A Mezzanine. I'll be there for at least one performance, and I think maybe two. I'm so glad you got an autograph. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! When you saw him outside, was he dweeeeeeemy?

ETA: I totally missed everything April Fools today. I remember last April Fools when one board became the Andy Williams site to spoof the uproar over the rumor that Clay would be singing Moon River on the summer tour. He sang SexyBack instead! Ha!

Hiya Muski!!! It's good to be here to catch up a little, but the need for sleep is overcoming my desire to spend more time here tonight.

I do want to stress that you women on this board are a bunch of sharp tacks -- no matter which direction people are coming from, FCA is interesting and thought-provoking (and highly addictive). It's the best hang out, and I've been missing it much during recent days.

Welcome back Ansa!

G'night.