#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

merrrieee, there's a couple more things you need to do: take a deep breath, relax and enjoy the ride!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I think I've done all of the preordering I can so far, too, and I'm also registered at QVC. Heeee, with all of these options, methinks Clay will have a very nice first week of sales. The internet fans can't completely drive good sales, but we sure do help! Especially when we have to have every single bonus track out there!

Ok, this was just posted at CV and frankly IF this is true I would be truly disappointed.

kleewolf at the CB claims she knows the 5 bonuses:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bonus track:

When I need you

Invisible

MOAM

I will carry you.

Video This Is the Night

-----------------------------------

By the way - QVC - as soon as an item has an item number and price it can usually be ordered. Three ways to order - online, talking to a person or automated ordering where you punch in number. The best thing to do is register, get your credit card on file and be ready to go.

And they better not run out of stock before his appearance because if they do, there will be no appearance!

Ok, this was just posted at CV and frankly IF this is true I would be truly disappointed.

kleewolf at the CB claims she knows the 5 bonuses:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bonus track:

When I need you

Invisible

MOAM

I will carry you.

Video This Is the Night

-----------------------------------

I would too BUT it would be great for the NJU we love so much. TITN video? Theee TITN video? But a recorded version of WINY would be nice.

ETA damn I need to stop posthoing..but I'm just so excited about everything. Did i say that video was very nice?

Quite frankly I don't care what the bonus tracks are! If he can sell out there it just creates more buzz. More NJU will see him and hear his music and isn't that the end game, so he has a long career?

Yeah, but 5 year old songs and a 5 year old video he didn't want released?? Why not just bundle it with MOAM and the "Invisible" video?

Doesn't make sense to me.

I know that with my limited funds, IF this is true I won't be buying - although I will be there watching and drooling!

Off to watch the Amazon video - finally!

My brain hurts. brain.gif

If I just give up and go to bed now, this will be all sorted out by the time I get up in the morning, right? Order this, watch that, bid on the chance to stick Clive's severed head on the drunken guard's pike... It's too much. Later, mah peeps!

Doesn't make sense to me either, taking it with a truckload of salt.

I sent the amazon link to my three sisters...they know I am a fan, but I never push Clay on them or talk about him unless they ask...but I love OMYH and wanted to share it.

Sister#3 just checked in (she is a Josh Groban fan)...her response "I liked it very much". Don't know if this will translate into a CD sale, but it is a start.

Kim

I'm all registered for QVC... damn another password to remember. I just wonder how many they have.. might run out keeps going through my head.

Thanks for the explanation about the Clear Channel on demand. I guess people actually use this stuff although I always wondered what impact the sneak peaks had on ATDW. So should we expect the entire album up before or after the release date.

The reason for all this emphasis on the internet promo is that digital download is getting more important to the labels. I think Clay is actually trying to expand his fanbase through the internet...not just tapping into the current internet fans. I often say that the internet is now the source for new music for my girls and their friends. They do not listen to radio...or if they do its on the net. So right now Clay is actually in a good position cos he also still attracts a lot of traditional fans that actually buys CD...then he also has a lot of internet fans so there is a lot of potential for promo for Clay.

I am anxious for his TV schedule. I think the problem they may have is the rather late start of this promo. I think RCA may have been skeptical of his ability to finish recording this CD in time...so they may have a tough time getting Clay spots on shows. I;m glad he got on Kimmel and Tyra.

I am anxious for his TV schedule. I think the problem they may have is the rather late start of this promo. I think RCA may have been skeptical of his ability to finish recording this CD in time...so they may have a tough time getting Clay spots on shows. I;m glad he got on Kimmel and Tyra.

Oh I really don't think that. Clay has been steadfast on that date for a long while now and I think everything is rolling out so easily...it feels planned so I think the tv is planned as well. It's not like they book everything 6 months ahead. We just don't know it yet..but we will... sooooon. hee

Well, hell - I can remember when "When I Need You" was supposed to be on MOAM - and was frankly thrilled. And loved it in his acoustic sets. And so am happy.

And I also want to make out with a clean copy of TITN - and so am happy.

Having five totally new tracks doesn't make particularly good business sense either - at that point you should be looking at another album.

And my last comment (for now) on Clive is that there isn't a 20/20 forward looking business model in any business, much less the entertainment segment. And Clive doesn't comment on the majority of CDs he "makes" his artists put out. Hell, Clive doesn't usually hand out pseudo-double platinum awards either. Can anyone say anything Clive said about any of Britney's CDs? And Britney has been 20 times the money maker Clay has been. Can anyone even name the heads of the other labels? And what they said about various CDs? Clive comments on what he likes, I don't know if he likes Clay's stuff. I understand Clay when he says "Better the devil you know" - because I haven't seen any real indication that Clay would do any better under any other label.

Frankly, there's no one in the Clay Nation who really knows was the "NJUs" want. Hell, the NJUs don't even know what "they" want. And in general, Clive has had a pretty decent track record. Not perfect. But pretty decent. And I. simply from a business point of view, don't see Clive as trying to damage Clay's career. Now, does he have Clay's best interests at heart? I doubt it. But in general, I doubt that anyone but Clay (and probably his mama) has his best interests at heart. And that goes for much of the fandom too.

And now for something completely different....

I also think the album/CD is a dying breed and singles (in the form of digital downloads) are rising to the top again. Like I said in an earlier post - the newest golden girl Leona has managed to sell 1.1 million of her single - and goodness knows how many bootlegs have downloads...but only 200K in album sales in the first week. I see TC putting up legitimate sources for people to easily acquire that first single EVERYWHERE - and I think that's a really good thing.

KAndre - another big WORD to your post. My buddy Clayanne (I see you down there) and I have this argument ALL the time and for years now about radio vs. other forms of media. I think there are people who listen to the radio all the time. But I also think iPods and iPhones and iTunes, as well as Rhapsody, etc. are taking hold. My g-daughter has a songlist on Rhapsody that she listens to while she's doing her homework. I have never listened to the radio - unless ithere'ss a Giants or 49'er game or a CAL football game and I'm traveling somewhere.

But a question - someone upstream made the comment about RCA not booking Clay on TV early enough. Is it RCA that books Clay or is it his publicist? And didn't he just hire a new publicist??? That doesn't work for RCA? I'm always confuzzled on who does what! I've always thought Clay had a management team that was supposed to do his bookings. Anybody know?

Didn't Jordan Sparks recently get presented with awards when she appeared on AI 7? And wasn't one a GOLD award for CD sales? GOLD! And then she got two others for online downloads of something or other...

So much to do about a GOLD record, yet Clay's fandom had a field day calling ATDW a failure because it was ONLY gold. Oh well...

Yeah, digital is the future. Hell, all of our televisions have to be able to handle digital soon, right? If it doesn't you have to buy some newfangled converter box or something? :wacko:

I won't have to buy the 'special, exclusive' (etc) CD if that really is the list of extras. Nope. Won't believe that one until I see it and then? Well, like I said..I won't buy one. :unsure:

May I say that I love watching Clay sing OMWH? And that I love his hair and I think the sweater is great..I wanna touch it.

the sweater.

I wanna touch the sweater, of course. :whistling-1:

The Amazon video is in the CV vault!

Now back to the alleged QVC bonus disc. Didn't the QVC blurb say "and receive a special 5-track Bonus CD"? Do they usually refer to video as a CD track? Wouldn't the blurb say something about 4 songs and a video? I would think the lure of a video would be a big deal.

The blurb also said "specially created for QVC" so it very well could be old songs. Makes no sense to me, but whatever. I am tempted to get it for WINY and a clean copy of the video, but I bet it costs at least $20, plus their rather expensive shipping and handling and since I am in state, tax. That will be around $26 or more and I just can't see spending that for songs I already have.

But whatever. I am sure he will sell well and I am even more sure he'll sound great, be funny and look verra, verra CUTE so its all good!!!

ETA: When you download the video and its bigger his voice isn't out of sync with the video and you can really watch his eyes and see his stubble...... :Thud:

I think I've done all of the preordering I can so far, too, and I'm also registered at QVC. Heeee, with all of these options, methinks Clay will have a very nice first week of sales. The internet fans can't completely drive good sales, but we sure do help! Especially when we have to have every single bonus track out there!

I got nothin' except I have to say, your avatar is delectable.

Seriously.

It looks like a movie.

A really, really good movie.

Hee. I would LMAO if they are giving us the TITN video. Considering "they" already did. LOL!

Having five totally new tracks doesn't make particularly good business sense either - at that point you should be looking at another album.

I agree with you mostly, but I think Elliot Yamin put out like 7 bonus tunes or something when he released his last (only?) CD. It's not unheard of. Ok, I just Googled... If you go to his Wikipedia page it shows 11 album cuts and 12 bonus songs offered through various outlets. Crazy.

Oh Lordy... the downloaded Amazon video is really good! I expected it to be grainy when made bigger, but nooooo. *ogles*

I'll buy the QVC for IWNY, as I don't remember it, so it will be like new. I'd love a copy of TITN IF it is the bootleg copy. I think he looked sexy as heck in the t-shirt/leather jacket part... short sleeves, people, very short sleeves! THUD!!! There's bare feet, too!

KAndre - another big WORD to your post. My buddy Clayanne (I see you down there) and I have this argument ALL the time and for years now about radio vs. other forms of media. I think there are people who listen to the radio all the time. But I also think iPods and iPhones and iTunes, as well as Rhapsody, etc. are taking hold. My g-daughter has a songlist on Rhapsody that she listens to while she's doing her homework. I have never listened to the radio - unless ithere'ss a Giants or 49'er game or a CAL football game and I'm traveling somewhere.

For album promotion RCA is in charge and depending on the management team, they will work with the record company...how much really depends on the artist. It's different for everybody. If that's wrong someone will correct me..that's what I halfway remember from talking to my cousin

But eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you're in No Cal? whoo hooo... Party at YSRN's house :whistling-1: But Giants? Can the A's get some love heh.

I'll buy one of anything if it has something I don't have. I'll wait to have this list verified but if it's correct, WINY is a song I love and I'd pay extra to have a studio copy of it.

WORD to KANdre's post. At this point I keep thinking about "better the devil you know". I always feel wary about any change in management cos we really don;t know whether it will be good for us or not.

But a question - someone upstream made the comment about RCA not booking Clay on TV early enough. Is it RCA that books Clay or is it his publicist? And didn't he just hire a new publicist??? That doesn't work for RCA? I'm always confuzzled on who does what! I've always thought Clay had a management team that was supposed to do his bookings. Anybody know?

Well couchie was right...its possible they just are not ready to release his TV promo schedule yet. I am just wondering cos we usually get a list of appearance early enough in a promo cycle...the primetime and morning shows are already preparing or have prepared for the final sweeps and we haven't heard anything official so I wonder if they were a bit late in making bookings.

As far as I know...when an artist has a project, part of the contract would be their promo obligations. So each project would have their own promo people that takes care of the booking for the different media. I can see artist having their own publicist that will take care of their write ups...but the bookings would typically be done through the people that hired them. Like Spamalot has their own promo people, when Clay had his TV special the network took care of it, same with his book. When it is CD promo I expect RCA publicist to take care of the bookings.

I know that there is a new publicist working with Clay...but how do we know this is independent of RCA. I thought we found the name through the press release for OMWH...so wouldn;t that be under the labels jurisdiction?

I know the downloaded version of the video looks better...but I hope people still watch it through the different sites cos that is how they gauge the popularity of an artist.

I have been updating the FCA website frontpage with the links for the streaming videos and audio and important dates we should know about. So if people forget where to watch the video or listen to the audio you can use the FCA frontpage for easy reference.

BTW...if I missed any important link or date just let me know.

yes, this looks like an appropriate place...

HAPPY HAPPY!

JOY JOY!

I just have to get that off my chest periodically!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I also need to get that out now and again.

So much to be happy about right now!!!

OK, got to finish packingthe car and take off until Saturday.

ETA - all playbills and posters accounted for. No extra for now. I still have some black and white playbills left though.

Tonight was an odd night, I met Traveler and Ildefan and ydle fan - the peasant for the night. He tried to get away saying he was Kelly Ripa but they pretty much told him they tell the jokes around there.

Hannah and Rivck were both out and that saddened me, I prefer them. Interestingly this was not ricks emergency sub and the guy did a better job and had some different laguhs with the Knights of Ni singing a bit of Alvin and the Chipmonks in an appropriately painfully high voice.

Before the singing at the end of the show, the King made a speech, they auctioned off the chicken for that night which went for only $500, and announced the palybills, posters and buckets and the $300 photos. Mabye 20 people had photos taken, They need the weekend people for some good money, fresh blood.

The non-photo cast stood around the exit doors and buckets and chatted people up. Some silly people rushed out so they would not have to deal with it.

Okay...this is SOOO bizarre. I caught up online and was just BUZZZING with EEEEEEEEEEE! and GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! and :clap: with all the wonderful Clay news. Then I forced myself to check my work email...

Surprise! I had an email from my hotel contact from my January program in San Francisco and she just said, "Hi...just checking on you! :) " Just out of the blue...see, she likes Clay. As in really likes him. As in she said she'd pay for my and couchie's tickets to a Clay concert if he comes to the Bay Area! (She's never met Couchie, but I told her about my local Clay partner in crime)...

So of course, I had to tell her to go to amazon.com and stream the video (Is THAT the best place to send people? hell, I have no idea)...

Then I opened another work-related email from a vendor in Charlotte. She said the work blah blah and then said, "Oh, I'm bummed but finances won't let me take Grandma to NYC to see Clay. I'm hoping there'll be some other Clay event I can treat her too closer to home. Let me know, okay?"

BWAH! So I replied, first with work blah blah, then I commiserated with her about no NYC. THEN I told her to tell her granny to go to Amazon.com and stream the video of Clay singing his new song---if she didn't already know about it. From what this woman told me, her 87-year-old grandmother is as "up" on Clay news as we are! :cryingwlaughter:

These just CMSU! Two 'work' emails, both leading me to Clay It Forward! :cryingwlaughter:

Sigh...love the downloaded version. Love watching him open his eyes and look at Kipper a few times now and then before falling back into his 'zone' with eyes closed and lips close to the mic. :Thud:

ETA: And I hope he goes on all his tv appearances (especially any AI appearances and Tyra) looking like he does in this video...especially how his hair looks. Yep. It's a winner...with that blonde lock flitting around on his forehead (gah) and without it being all full of product and helmet-head-stick-straight like...gah. He looks amazing...gah.