#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

Luckiest and Idyjocelyn - THANK YOU for the explanations! And whoa - the FCA Media Forum is awesome!

By the way - I have 2 Playbills left over from my NY trip. They aren't signed, unfortunately. If anyone needs or wants one - pm me.

where I am now

On my way here

I've learned to fly

You have to want to leave the ground!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

These lines always remind of the part of the Hitchhiker's Guide Where Ford explains how easy it is to fly.

"Just throw yourself at the ground ............................. and miss."

I love that!!! Was that part in "Mostly Harmless?"

(oh crap! I am adding the word I forgot the first time!! :whistling-1:)

The snowflake picture (from the Unicef snowflake lighting in 2006) is a picture one of our members dislikes....so people tease her about it a lot. [/understatement]

Dislike???? Yep I would say that is an understatement of the grandest proportions! Oh let's be honest here, I hate the sucker!

So bottlecap since you are being so magnanimous I will try my best to get you something signed!

The snowflake picture (from the Unicef snowflake lighting in 2006) is a picture one of our members dislikes....so people tease her about it a lot. [/understatement]

Dislike???? Yep I would say that is an understatement of the grandest proportions! Oh let's be honest here, I hate the sucker!

So bottlecap since you are being so magnanimous I will try my best to get you something signed!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oooo.... POSSIBLE SONG SPOILER:

From a livejournal blog:

The songwriter Dan/Don (how stupid am I? I can't even remember his proper name...) Meskell came to our school today to do a kind of work shop with our music class and the first and second years. And it was pretty amazing. He's a serious song writer. A week or two ago he had two songs written by him in the top 5 of the Billboard charts. This coming from a guy who grew up just ten seconds down the road from my house. I found that kind of surreal. He peformed a song that he'd written that's going to be on Clay Aiken's new album, it sounded awesome.

What song is he talking about?

Don Meskall wrote Grace of God.

It's on his MYSPACE

I can't listen at work. Y'all enjoy!

Oh, I love it!!

Lyrics (as whited out as I can make them):

GRACE OF GOD

(Don Mescall & Mads Hauge)

Some folks always get the rough ride

Seem they end up on the wrong side

Constant battle just to survive on any given day

I watched a mother on my TV

Hungry children that she can’t feed

Still I’ve got everything that I need

And that just don’t seem right

That I sleep safe tonight

There’s got to be some rhyme or reason why

We turn away and we close our eyes

If I could find some way that we could justify all of this suffering

There but for the grace of God go I

Mother Earth is down on her knees

Poison rivers run to dead seas

Cities eating up the green fields

We never question why

How truth turns into lies

Sometimes it’s hard to believe

In a truth that you can’t even see

But faith holds the hope for the world

And I know, I know

When I’m thinking it’s a bad day

Feels like nothing’s going my way

I pass a wreck out on the freeway

And I pray that they survived

Some of these guys for OMWH being on AOL's top music for the week:

:ole0: :ole0: :ole0:

As for what YSRN posted above....

*sticks fingers in ears and goes "la la la"*

Listening to OMWH (the song) is enough for me. I can make it *scrolls up to look at countdown clock* 19 days until I hear the entire album. Besides, I just don't want to pre-judge the songs based on other recordings. I'll wait for Clay.

Didn't he say it was more special to wait?

LOL! I was just deleting mine... glad I previewed! :lol:

Seriously, I love this song!! Socially conscious lyrics, faith holding out hope for the world... GAH! LOVE! I can't wait.

Some background on Don Mescall:

Renowned Irish singer/songwriter, Don Mescall, connects with audiences through his intensely personal lyrics and raw honesty in delivery, with comparisons being drawn to the styles of Paul Simon, Damien Rice and Sting.

With his career still climbing rapidly, Don is already recognised as one of the leading lights in songwriting in the UK, Ireland and US. His songs have shone as international hits for a wide range of Folk, Pop and Country stars such as Rascal Flatts, The Backstreet Boys, Ronan Keating & Kate Rusby, Lulu, the legendary Richie Havens, Frances Black and the multi-platinum American artist Neal McCoy. His most recent projects are soon due to flourish for best-selling Canadian artist Garou, and the sensational new Celtic Woman, Lynn Hilary.

But it is as a live performer that Don Mescall truly shines. His delivery is highly charged with emotion, rooted in his Irish charm, humour and sensitivity. He is an individual who absorbs the complexities of life, feels its effects deeply and reflects that back with grace to touch an audience often in ways that they can’t readily comprehend.

By reaching back with honesty into such harsh personal tragedies as the loss of his father as a young boy and a broken marriage in recent years, Don’s songs range from story-telling vehicles of humanity at its most fragile to uplifting anthems of hope and spirituality.

LOL! I was just deleting mine... glad I previewed! :lol:

Seriously, I love this song!! Socially conscious lyrics, faith holding out hope for the world... GAH! LOVE! I can't wait.

Sounds promising!I am not reading lyrics and will not listen to anyone but Clay but the second Clay singing it becomes available - who wants to wait! I am most definitely a spoiler ho - as long as its Clay I am ho-ing with! :whistling-1:

Am I a bad fan, 'cause I suggest he sing a cover song?

(In my case, "Don't Dream It's Over" by Crowded House)

*g*

And I DID read the lyrics above...and I think this sounds like a great Clay Aiken song.

Hey, I'm a 70's girl - I want him to do some Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'...and he can sing it too!

Dang, Scarlett has corrupted me...

Hey! I'm a Chairman! More power to me! HA HA HA HA!

I listened to Grace of God and I'm glad I did. I loved it. It reminds of the song of Buffy Ste. Marie and/or Joan Baez, "There But For Fortune" yet it's very current and chocked with awareness.

I understand -- I think -- all the saving oneself for Clay. But honestly, I could listen to these hints and tips and demos nonstop for the next two weeks and it wouldn't take a bit of the lustre off of May 6 for me. Nothing compares to Clay and nothing could ruin it in any way for me. I want whatever I can get as soon as I can get it. What if I passed up a chance to hear the CD on May 5 and then went into a coma. I'd be so PISSED!

Only 19 days to wait! I love this "under 30 days" excitement. I have NY in front of me and seeing Spamalot for the first time -- but I think I'm even more jacked with anticipation for May 6, and a new Clay album to live in my head FOREVER!

Hey, I'm a 70's girl - I want him to do some Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'...and he can sing it too!

Dang, Scarlett has corrupted me...

Hey! I'm a Chairman! More power to me! HA HA HA HA!

Yeah, that. He can 'cover' me with some Lovin' Touchin' and Squeezin' any ole' time...

I'm in the Elvis house! Well...his city, at least. Hey! Since Clay is the new Elvis (tm Hannah Waddingham), will Raleigh become HIS house? Will there be a SmutLand? Instead of Elvis plastered all over guitars, will Clay's hands be all over billboard-sized mic stands?

:Thud:

Beautiful, sunny warm day here...Hip Hip Hooray! for Clay being #1 on AOL Music! Woot! Now, when he's on iTunes, I hope the same thing happens...yeah, I'm never satisfied but that's what Clay is for...heh.

Gotta go to a little meeting...later, peeps! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OK, when I get home (and get my damn cell phone), I'm gonna request:

Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'

Wicked Game (just for bottle in exchange for the snowflake picture)

Cream

Kyrie (because he likes Kyrie)

To Love Somebody (because I deserve the full version, dammit!)

Yeah

Whipping Post (because that would be a GOOD growly song)

Pour A Little Sugar on Me

I'll think of some more in a minute...

Ok, I thought some more...I need to round out my Clay collection.

I need the rest of Iris, Alone, Livin' La Vida Loca and of Jesus Is Love and let's toss in Highway to Hell, I Want You To Want Me, Scarborough Fair, Feel Like Makin' Love and close it out with Here I Go Again.

That should do it.

For now.

Hmm. Perhaps Clay should put me in charge of the "vote" counting...I could handle it! I could get it done amazingly quick too!

Does anyone remember the song Stand Tall by Burton Cummings? You know the one, "all you're feeling right now is silly human pride" -- I would love to hear Clay sing that.

How about a remake of Dirty Laundry because I know Clay could sing it with conviction.

As for going way back ... how about Paul & Linda's song .... the Procol Harum masterpiece, A Whiter Shade of Pale.

I want to hear him sing If You Don't Know Me By Now at some point in the future. Must.hear.Clay.sing.that SONG!

I'd also take a full-length Clay version of To Love Somebody. Who doesn't love that one?

But I'll probably "vote" for Reach Out (I'll Be There). He owes it to me since it was one of my favorite Four Tops songs of all time and he spoiled that forever with just the snippet he sang at JBT. I'd have to fall down and beat the floor if I ever heard him sing the entire song. GOD PLEASE!!!

I'm new to FCA but I found my way to the new thread :clap: for me!!

I haven't read everything yet but I'm loving what I have read about Spamalot. I read Duckyvee's recap and will read the rest. Petting his horse :cryingwlaughter: I can just see that happening. I happen to think Clay really likes horses. :lilredani:

I'm still working my way around your beautiful board. Don't know if I'll ever see it all.

Can someone tell me about the naming the thread poll? Do you name the new thread each week? B)

I love that man wherever I am :wub:

I can make it *scrolls up to look at countdown clock* 19 days until I hear the entire album.

19 days? :o

It's only 19 days until May 6th? :o

How did that happen? :unsure:

On one hand, I'm thrilled because that means we're close to hearing all of the songs on OMWH - not going to read or listen until it's from Clay, with songs in their entirety (no snippets) and without interruption (no Sneak Peak if that lady is going to talk in the middle of the song). On the other hand.... I have a LOT to do before May 6th. The reality just hit. I will not go into frenzy mode..... I will not......

What's this about Clay asking what we want him to sing? I'm so out of the loop on that. I want him to sing so many things, but on the top of my list, where it's been for a long time, is Only Hope by Switchfoot. No, I don't want Clay to go CCM, and I'm not trying to open that box again. I'm not into that in any way, not musically, philosophically or religiously. It's a really beautiful song that can be interpreted in a variety of ways, and I hear Clay in my head singing the opening lines "There's a song that's inside of my soul. It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again." Sigh

I not that interested in signatures or a picture with Clay, Rick, and Tom, but give me 3 minutes of Clay singing that song, and I'd open a new credit card!

Can someone tell me about the naming the thread poll? Do you name the new thread each week?

Freckles, we usually let our threads get to approximately 80 pages in length and then create a new thread. I usually try to put up a poll with the suggested titles when we hit page 75 or so. Why 80 pages? Well, that's a leftover from the admin's days at the CH. Maybe the admins need to have a powwow to change this. *g* Our threads, at the moment, seem to last about 2 weeks or so. (Our first thread, though, was started in July 2005 -- and ended in March 2006. We've come a LONG WAY BAYBE!)

If you find a phrase that you want to suggest....generally quoting it and saying "thread title?" will work. We do also have a thread title suggestion thread, located here.

Geez, I love showing the newbies the ropes of this place.

Hey! The second thread only lasted six months! We were rolling then!

May 6th!

I feel like I'm in the 7th grade and summer vacation is just around the corner!