#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

Why 80 pages? Well, that's a leftover from the admin's days at the CH. Maybe the admins need to have a powwow to change this. *g*

I'm not the one that goes into palpitations when it reaches 75 if there's no poll up... :cryingwlaughter: I'm perfectly willing to change it at 50 or 100 or 200 or every thursday or with every new hair style hee.

I'm so happy people are feeling free to ask questions. Has anyone explained VIEW NEW POSTS lateley? :whistling-1:

I hope this is okay - but if you're out of a cellphone reception area like I am......here's the number to call and hear Clay's message and to vote for the song you want him to sing.... But I wonder when he's going to sing this.....must be on tour! Iseeme crosses fingers, toes, etc.

(919) 883-5111.

I asked sweetie politely if he would please sing Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. I've wanted him to sing that song since forever or maybe earlier....

Hi Freckles! :F_05BL17blowkiss: (we're here! we're here!)

I just pre-ordered OMWH at WalMart! I wish we knew if the "bonus tracks" on iTunes and WalMart (anywhere else I may have missed? This is most confuzzling with all the different options) were the same songs, different songs, etc. I'm going to have to build a room on to my house for all my Clay stuff if this keeps up! I still have coughseveralcough ATDWs that are still in their shipping cases.

Is the hated and dreadful Snowflake picture the one with the silly hat and stripedly scarf??? Because I get the squicks over that one, too.

OK, when I get home (and get my damn cell phone), I'm gonna request:

Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'

Wicked Game (just for bottle in exchange for the snowflake picture)

Cream

Kyrie (because he likes Kyrie)

To Love Somebody (because I deserve the full version, dammit!)

Yeah

Whipping Post (because that would be a GOOD growly song)

Pour A Little Sugar on Me

I'll think of some more in a minute...

Ok, I thought some more...I need to round out my Clay collection.

I need the rest of Iris, Alone, Livin' La Vida Loca and of Jesus Is Love and let's toss in Highway to Hell, I Want You To Want Me, Scarborough Fair, Feel Like Makin' Love and close it out with Here I Go Again.

That should do it.

For now.

Hmm. Perhaps Clay should put me in charge of the "vote" counting...I could handle it! I could get it done amazingly quick too!

Hey KAndre - could you please ask him to sing Dylan's Lay Lady Lay and dedicate it to meeee????? Pleeeeeese??????

Geez, I love showing the newbies the ropes of this place.

Heh..that's the librarian in you, ldyj!

Soooooo I'm not in the Bay Area anymore (and definitely not NYC)...The dining room at this hotel doesn't open for another hour and there's nothing within walking distance. (The look on the front desk clerk's face was pretty amusing when I asked about walking--you'd have thought I spewed a string of four-letter words! :cryingwlaughter: )..Although the hotel shuttle will take you within 3 miles (and there IS a mall within 3 miles), it's not available 'coss the driver's busy picking up and taking folks to/from the airport. :huh:

I've been on planes since 6 am with only a little trail mix and a latte for sustenance.

Damn those vending machines! Forcing me to eat CRAP! (nacho cheese Doritos, anyone? :lilredani: ) I think it's time for a nap...just catch a few winks and when I wake up it'll be time for dinner! :clap: Since I'll expense it, I'm seeing a lovely 'Broiled Seafood Medley with Angel Hair Pasta" in my future... :whistling-1:

ETA:

Is the hated and dreadful Snowflake picture the one with the silly hat and stripedly scarf??? Because I get the squicks over that one, too.

No, Iseeme, but I'm with you on the "squicks over that one". Just say 'No!' to that look, CLay. No, merrieee is inexplicably allergic to those beautiful long tresses of Clay when he appeared in NYC for the lighting of the UNICEF star or snowflake or some such thing. He was GORGEOUS--the wind blowing his hair and his eyes all sparkly and whatnot. I love merrieee---I mean, REALLY love her, but we do NOT agree on this Clay issue. Oh, and of course, she's not a smutter...so there's another boner bone of contention between us... :cryingwlaughter:

I understand -- I think -- all the saving oneself for Clay. But honestly, I could listen to these hints and tips and demos nonstop for the next two weeks and it wouldn't take a bit of the lustre off of May 6 for me. Nothing compares to Clay and nothing could ruin it in any way for me. I want whatever I can get as soon as I can get it. What if I passed up a chance to hear the CD on May 5 and then went into a coma. I'd be so PISSED!

:cryingwlaughter: OK, maybe I'll rethink.................................................nah! I have friends that'll play it for me in that coma! I understand it's more special to wait. :lol:

I only have a business Blackberry with BM...so no texting with Clay happening for me. Why was he asking us for suggestions? For when? Where? Why? A girl has to know!!!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:cry4: We TOTALLY went to Spamalot at the wrong time! It was Easter THENNNNNNNNNNNN.....WHY are they doing the Easter Bonnet thing NOW??? :cry4: No pictures. No autographs. No stagedoor. :cry4::cry4:]: hiccup : :cry4:

Heh, no, it's not that one. And it's not hated........except by one person. Most of us think it's beautiful! :hubbahubba:

Just did my duty as a good Clay fan and order my CD from Wal-Mart...was just starting to place my order when our power went out (very windy here today); fortunately it was only out for a bit...so went back in and order it! I am so excited about this CD!

Not listening to any snippets; demos or Clay's...just going to wait and listen on the 6th...so I appreciate when people spoiler lyrics, etc.

Wedding Update: I am on vacation next week, so we are going Monday to look at Wedding Dresses and if we don't find one on Monday, then back out on Thursday. Emily wants to get the dress next week! Yeah, my rebate check is already spent!

Kim

I hope this is okay - but if you're out of a cellphone reception area like I am......here's the number to call and hear Clay's message and to vote for the song you want him to sing.... But I wonder when he's going to sing this.....must be on tour! Iseeme crosses fingers, toes, etc.

(919) 833-5111.

SORRY TO POST-HO BUT EEEEKKKKKKKKK!!! WRONG NUMBER POSTED ABOVE!! BEFORE WE INUNDATE SOMEONE WITH UNWANTED CALLS.....IT'S

919-883-5111

OHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - Whew - I'm soooo sorry. Thanks for catching that. I'll go back and edit.

(Iseeme goes to stand in the corner....a corner she's very familiar with..... :blush:

slyly looks around for merrieeee...

The SNOWFLAKE!

unicefsf-13-1.jpg

Long chestnut hair just does it for me, ya know?

adds "Lay Lady Lay" for CG....

Hmmm. I seem to have some sort of theme going on...

OHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - Whew - I'm soooo sorry. Thanks for catching that. I'll go back and edit.

(Iseeme goes to stand in the corner....a corner she's very familiar with..... :blush:

Thanks iseeme! :cryingwlaughter: I bet that lady's going to wonder why she's suddenly so popular! :cryingwlaughter:

Actually, I bet she's had that happen many, many times already. It's a natural error.

Awwww - the look on his face in that picture. I bet he's thinking "I hope someone requests Hallelujah for me to sing....."

iseeme - what is that picture in your avatar?? It looks to be a mic stand, but it doesn't look like Clay. It it you??? Is it a mic stand or a musical instrument?

KAndre - last time I posted a pic like that.... well... let's just say it was "not well received!" :cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

So where would he be singing this requested (no cellphone, so I am not on the call and text list)? If anyone would like to request a song for me...Light My Fire (I know it is a dreaded cover, but I like covers and have always had a hankering for Clay to sing this)

Kim

Well, I'm a special, special girl, me!

Of course, this is one of my favorite pictures of all time...

clay07.jpg

Well, a fair number of us like covers - or originals - or even yodeling. And pictures with pouty, soft lips...

throws"Light My Fire" on the list"...

Waves to Iseeme :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Are you in trouble over here already? :o

nonosmiley.gif behave yourself!

You may redeem yourself by helping me with my avi. I'll call you.

I love Clay's snowflake hair. flirtysmile3.gif I love Clay's short red spiky hair. I love Clay's medium blonde hair. I love Clay's hair whatever he does to it. He has so many looks and they are ALL wonderful. Tasty.gif

I just love that man :wub: period!

I want to hear him sing If You Don't Know Me By Now at some point in the future. Must.hear.Clay.sing.that SONG!

Silly girl, he already recorded that. Do you not have it?!?

Ohhhhh, maybe you meant live!! Duh!

But I'll probably "vote" for Reach Out (I'll Be There). He owes it to me since it was one of my favorite Four Tops songs of all time and he spoiled that forever with just the snippet he sang at JBT. I'd have to fall down and beat the floor if I ever heard him sing the entire song. GOD PLEASE!!!

OMG, YES!!

I wouldn't mind You Don't Know Me either.

iseeme - what is that picture in your avatar?? It looks to be a mic stand, but it doesn't look like Clay. It it you??? Is it a mic stand or a musical instrument?

Oh my dear.................look at those loooooooooooooong beautiful fingers wrapped around the mic stand and attached to that ginger-furry freckly arm and that stripedy shirt..........Now do you know who it is? Not sure what concert it was from but I think it was probably I Tour somewhere.

ETA: Nope, it was Knoxville last summer.....

hands1-1.jpg

Why 80 pages? Well, that's a leftover from the admin's days at the CH. Maybe the admins need to have a powwow to change this. *g*

I'm not the one that goes into palpitations when it reaches 75 if there's no poll up... :cryingwlaughter:

Touche! (Not "Touch" CG, OK?!?!?! *g*)

I'm perfectly willing to change it at 50 or 100 or 200 or every thursday or with every new hair style hee.

Good Lord, if we did that last one, we'd be creating a new thread every 5 minutes.

I'm so happy people are feeling free to ask questions. Has anyone explained VIEW NEW POSTS lateley? :whistling-1:

Ya know....I think maybe you should do that couchie. That's your baby. *g*

Heh. I'm not even sure if I know what picture you're talking about with this. Sad, I guess. Is anyone here brave enough to post it and refresh my memory? (Maybe it's not in my memory because I didn't like it either?)

Awwww - the look on his face in that picture. I bet he's thinking "I hope someone requests Hallelujah for me to sing....."

BWAH! And ITA...love that song, and think he'd do a fantastic version of it.

I find it rather funny that he's ASKING us which song "we" want him to sing...considering that most of those will be covers. *g*

Oh my dear.................look at those loooooooooooooong beautiful fingers wrapped around the mic stand and attached to that ginger-furry freckly arm and that stripedy shirt..........Now do you know who it is? Not sure what concert it was from but I think it was probably I Tour somewhere.

well - I thought maybe -- but I can't place the shirt either --- anybody?? Bueller??

Heh. I'm not even sure if I know what picture you're talking about with this. Sad, I guess. Is anyone here brave enough to post it and refresh my memory? (Maybe it's not in my memory because I didn't like it either?)

*sniff* someone's dissing my lovely Christmas in Rockefeller Center guy...? :cry4:

vwrw4.jpg

p5600257.jpg

p5600274.jpg

(editing because only two isn't enough. lol)

Strangely, I don't even have a song that I want to suggest. I think I just want to hear all new Clay. hummm...Maybe something will come to me, but at the moment, nada.

Ah, yes. Thank you laughn. That wasn't my most favorite look, but I did like that hat. I love a man in a fedora.

BTW, just over a month until the new Indiana Jones movie. *g*