#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

Is the hated and dreadful Snowflake picture the one with the silly hat and stripedly scarf??? Because I get the squicks over that one, too.

Heh. I'm not even sure if I know what picture you're talking about with this. Sad, I guess. Is anyone here brave enough to post it and refresh my memory? (Maybe it's not in my memory because I didn't like it either?)

*sniff* someone's dissing my lovely Christmas in Rockefeller Center guy...? :cry4:

vwrw4.jpg

p5600257.jpg

p5600274.jpg

(editing because only two isn't enough. lol)

Strangely, I don't even have a song that I want to suggest. I think I just want to hear all new Clay. hummm...Maybe something will come to me, but at the moment, nada.

HEY!!! it was really cold that night! And wasn't he on the verge of a cold or something???

And thanks iseeme for the large version of your avie!! Now I see!!!

Ah, yes. Thank you laughn. That wasn't my most favorite look, but I did like that hat. I love a man in a fedora.

BTW, just over a month until the new Indiana Jones movie. *g*

agreed...you can kick the scarf to the curb, but the hat was all kinds of yum... :hubbahubba:

*wonders what Clay would look like wielding a bull whip*

*wonders how badly he would hurt himself*

Kandre since I will be sleeping with you next week I think I should point out that paybacks are hell! Hmm someone might find her room a little cool if you know what I mean! Of course to Kandre 78 is a little cool........so how does 65 sound?

By the way it is not the hair in the pic....I just think he looks ill and not at his best. He looked better on LI when he had vertigo! IMHO

Laughn, I was looking for that picture. I really love fedora/scarf Clay. Hope that's not a problem Fedora.gif

I think he looks quite debonair in those pictures. :party038:

:00000441:

All of the pictures I've seen here are my favorites....... :rolleyes:

keep em coming, I can never get enough

I love that man in a hat :wub:

How did this start...is this that phone texty thing that I refuse to do?

Cuz I may have to call if I get to request CARELESS WHISPER.

Um, yeah. You need to call. Now. (I like that request too....)

New Indiana Jones movie? Really? Boy am I out of the loop.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Opening May 22, 2008. I cannot wait. Harrison Ford still rocks my socks. And I'm incredibly pleased that Karen Allen (Marion) is back. Oh, and Cate Blanchett is the villan. She should be good.

Any X-Files fans here? We found out the name of the new movie (July 25) today! EEEEEEEE!

Ok, back to Clay. He's CUTE. And in 19 days, new music!

iseeme - what is that picture in your avatar?? It looks to be a mic stand, but it doesn't look like Clay. It it you??? Is it a mic stand or a musical instrument?

Oh my dear.................look at those loooooooooooooong beautiful fingers wrapped around the mic stand and attached to that ginger-furry freckly arm and that stripedy shirt..........Now do you know who it is? Not sure what concert it was from but I think it was probably I Tour somewhere.

ETA: Nope, it was Knoxville last summer.....

hands1-1.jpg

:hubbahubba:

GoodNESS, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

I'm just lurking along, minding my own business, and then..... those GEORGEOUS, SENSUOUS hands. Caressing the mic stand, flowing right along with music - almost an extension of his voice... :wub:

In Spamalot I soaked up every moment of those fair, freckled hands. Such a contrast with his face make up!

Any X-Files fans here? We found out the name of the new movie (July 25) today! EEEEEEEE!

umm, *cough* what is it?

...and I didn't do the phone thing either. I think it came out the day I was getting ready to leave for NY and I just didn't pay attention as to what it was all about and stuff...I had Clay on the brain. lol

Ok...IF I got to pick a song, and it had to be a cover, I would go with Last Worthless Evening. (Don Henley) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

KAndre eyes the small fire-starting kit she's already packed in her suitcase and sticks her tongue out at merrieeee...

Since I did the text thingie, I'm adding One More Try instead of Careless Whispers....oh what the hell! Let's add both!

And Heart of the Matter!

Posting favorite pictures and favorite looks???

Clay10.jpg

And there's always been something about this picture that grabs me in the gut....maybe because we knew he was tired, maybe because posing was all new to him....or maybe I just wanted to give him a hug and let him rest his weary brow on my shoulder. Yes, I'm quite sure it was the latter.......heh! heh!

blackwhite.jpg

And for some reason I have alot of Clay toe pictures in my Photobucket. I never realized but somewhere along the way I have been beset with a toe fetish! :whistling-1:

I asked sweetie politely if he would please sing Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. I've wanted him to sing that song since forever or maybe earlier....

Iseeme- I love that song also....do you like K.D. Lang's version? It's beautiful! I remember meeting you at the JBT in Toronto. You were sitting with cindilu2 before the show at a picnic table at Ontario Place.

All these bonus tracks here, there and everywhere.....I wonder how many different songs we'll get...

Oh wow Heinz - that was quite awhile ago! Yes - Cindilu2, Claymatron and Clayanne (who had a meet & greet that night!) That was the best concert! I loved it. And the pre-party was really, really good! My family still talks about me "leaving the country" to see Clay Aiken! Pish tosh - what do they know!!!!

I saw K.D. Lang in concert last year with Lyle Lovett and she sang Hallelujah and it was wonderful! I also bought the CD it's on - Hymns of the 49th Parallel. Actually my favorite version is by Rufus Wainwright!

But I still think Clay would kick butt on that song......

KAndre eyes the small fire-starting kit she's already packed in her suitcase and sticks her tongue out at merrieeee...

But... but you're not sleeping with merrieeee, it's Segregation Week in NYC and we compromised at 75 in the <insert politically incorrect designation for our room with Solo & PerusingOne>.

*checks suitcase for the large box of Instant Cold Packs anyway*

ME!!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the X-Files! Best.TV.Show.EVER!!!!! First time I ever ventured out to a message board it was for The X-Files!! Cannot wait for the movie (I Want to Believe)!!

Also love Hallelujah, but to me the definitive version is by the late, great Jeff Buckley. Perfection.

Now, I have to beg - does anyone have the complete list of what is being offered where and when with the CD? I am lost and I don't want to miss anything!

This is all I know:

Here is the schedule posted by Sash at the CB and OFC:

Monday, April 21....................iTunes pre-order with bonus track

Monday, April 28....................QVC (no info on whether there is a bonus track)

Tuesday, April 29................... Amazon digital download of the single - OMWH

Tuesday, May 6th................... hit the retail stores

Walmart pre-order with bonus track - order any time.

umm, *cough* what is it?

Cool! Someone reads my posts! Hee. The new X-Files movie is called, "I Want to Believe." Good old Mulder and his conspiracy theory poster. Gotta love him.

Ok...IF I got to pick a song, and it had to be a cover, I would go with Last Worthless Evening. (Don Henley) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And Heart of the Matter!

OMG...Yes!!! (tm Meg Ryan)

Sigh. Love Don Henley, it would be a dream for me to hear him sing either of those songs. Actually, the one I'd love for him to sing is "Taking You Home."

Three of my favorite singers/musicians are Bono, Sting, and Don Henley. All three are very smart men, and very socially conscious. Clay has sung songs by two of the three; for him to do a Henley song, I'd be in heaven.

So what's this about requesting a song???

Sorry - since I started working, I just can't keep up! :cry4:

Cotton, this has to do with the text messages that Clay keeps sending most of us wenches. Today's text message had us call him, and then he asked us to tell him what songs we want him to sing.

If you need more info, I'll try to find the post for you.

CG, I'll get back to you on the dates for the different orders. I think the WalMart one is available for pre-order now. If I remember correctly, the iTunes pre-order starts next Monday. There's also an Amazon download of the single, but I can't remember the date. And then, the QVC thing on the 28th. Which you know nothing about. *g*

And there's always been something about this picture that grabs me in the gut....maybe because we knew he was tired, maybe because posing was all new to him....or maybe I just wanted to give him a hug and let him rest his weary brow on my shoulder. Yes, I'm quite sure it was the latter.......heh! heh!

blackwhite.jpg

Oooooh, Iseeme - that's one of my favorites, too! This was my WP for the longest time (double-click for optimal viewing pleasure):

RS.jpg

Course, I'm kind of a slut with Clay pics - I have a lot of favorites! It took forever to find that pic in my photobucket, cuz I have soooo many pages of Clay pics there now.

Scarlett, I LOVED your recap! Heeee, sounds like you had a great time up there, with Clay waving his thing at you. *thuds*

I guess we'll all know which hotel the eHP is staying in at the beginning of May, because we'll hear reports of a small fire there. :cryingwlaughter:

Ok, back to Clay. He's CUTE. And in 19 days, new music!

I'm trying to catch up while trying to re-pack my suitcase for the umpteenth time! I love the X-Files! The Cigarette Smoking Man has one of my all-time favorite quotes:

"Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers."

EEEEEEEE for another bonus! I think at the time Clay may have just randomly tossed out the 7 CD's comment, but ever since then I think he's been devising a plan to actually get us all to buy 7 CD's! :cryingwlaughter:

I showed my mom the picture & told her about what they did last night. She was very quiet for a minute, then she said - "So, are we both going to have a picture taken with them?" Hee! :lol:

As for the whole Clay texting/calling thing.... well, he's ignoring me! :cry4: It says on the Mozes site that he called me and sent me the ringtone, but I never got it.... :cry4: I'll have to ask him about it Friday night! :D

Be back next week! :F_05BL17blowkiss: