#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

HE'S SOLD OUT on the early delivery CDs. That's awesome.

I love The Real Me! LOVE IT. LOVE IT. Did I say how much I loved it? :Thud:

He looked really, really good and the hair color is verra verra nice!!! I think it is the closest we've seen to his real color (based on old pictures) in a looooooong time.

OMG - I must go watch that again.

Cindi -pour me another glass of wine and pass that pizza over here, will ya?

I can't believe they cut off The Real Me. Bastards!

But OMFG wasn't that awesome??? FLOVE all the songs! EIDN live is going to kill us all dead, when he does the tour! SAU is sooooo cool, will love that one on headphones. And I think my favourite of the lot was WIDTL! That was unexpected! However, The Real Me I still haven't heard in it's entirety. I wanted to hear the next verse! I refuse to go listen to Natalie Grant!

oh I've found a deity! Whoa.....holycrappola. EIDN....yeah, well, you're everything I DO need, mister, so get your hawt, wonky-eyefucking self over here right now! :hubbahubba:

I'll buy multiples just for that one song...which will then reciprocate by giving multiples upon my listening to it.

:Thud:

Can't stop EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'ing. I listened to MOAM today. It was good. But THIS is mature, professional, totally-together, my-name-is-on-the-ticket Clay!!!

(what are these weird gadgets they're selling now -)

I have to say, after he ran his hand through his hair...... holy...... :Thud:

Earlier today I told keepingfaith that I thought that Something About Us sounded like a classic song. one that was retro and yet new and would be around forever. I think that more than ever. I love that song but The Real Me. OMG I NEEEED that song!

Okay - him singing Everything I Don't Need is the hottest thing he's ever done, bar none.

Cindy I am right there with ya....I zeroed in on this song for those first snippets and got more and more convinced after Amazon's snippets that this song would drive us to our knees...He did not disappoint.... :DoClay:

OMG in concert he will growl until we are all just freakin' dead.

Oh wow. I'm thrilled.

I think my favorite is SAU. To me, it had a fantastic jazz/torch song sound. Amazing. I'm in love with all of them though. Geez.

It was good for me.

5:59 p.m. CDT. couchie calls me. I told her to call me back in a half hour! Hee. Anyway, she did, so I gave her the scoop on the QVC appearance, and she gave me the scoop on what Clay should be doing tomorrow. According to her, Hannah and another person (not sure who) did "The Prayer." They start off REAL serious...and then silly things start being tossed around them, onto the stage, etc. Hannah didn't break character. Tomorrow, it's supposed to be her and Clay together with the same song. Man, I hope someone can get that on tape....audio at least!

Off to watch a few more times.

I don't suppose there's any hope that QVC might put the entire performance of TRM up on their website somewhere??? :praying:

Oh YESSS! We NEED Clack of Hannah & Clay tomorrow!

Off to watch a few more times.

Watch where?

Hannah & Clay? Someone HAS to get it. It's not like it's really Broadway...........is it? *sigh*

I'm guessing on TIVO or DVR.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! NEEEEEEEEEEED to see EIDN again. And again. And again.

And Clay and Hannah dueting? Somebody Fed-Ex these gals a camera!!

They did search our bags.

Oh, they will be doing the Spamalot version of the prayer. Beautiful today with Bradley Dean, and drop down funny as the nun makes a new kind of appearance. Am I spoilering this for others going? Oh damn. Might as well keep going.

For 20 bucks, you get to see the casts of a lot of the hit Broadway shows perform various things, a bit of their shows (rare) hilarious take offs on other shows (more common). It is a very gay show in more ways than one, but only a few of the jokes were graphic, most were hilarious. and one of the highlights was when they had a 104 year old star of the Zeigfield follies come out and dance a swing version of singing in the rain! Would that I were that well spoken and that agile today! The woman must have great genes and really takes care of herself.

OF course when the Lion King people came out and did Legally Black or the entire cast of rent and the prior casts of rent came out to sing together, it was quite the moment.

Yes - DVR!!!! It's wondrous!!! Now if they could just figure out how to d/l to a DVD from DVR I would be a happy camper!

Seriously, think about Hannah and Clay singing "The Prayer!' without the funny stuff. OMG. It would be awesome!

I'm supposed to be doing so many things right now and I can't stay away from the board or my TV.

Yeah. DVR's are a wonderful thing.

He's so damn handsome. Sings well too.

Interrupting with the announcement that the thread title poll is at the top of the page. I'll leave it until at least tomorrow afternoon....so we'll have an extra long thread this time....

Okay - I've watched it again twice and want to make some comments. I think as beautiful as the songs were they're still a bit "raw!" I think as he performs them more "live" they're going to be absolutely incredible!!! NOW - this is not a criticism - just a comment!!! Clay is always so expressive when he sings and I just think he hasn't sung those songs from beginning to end very much...don't you do stuff over and over when recording but maybe not end to end?

Does anyone else see what I'm saying or am I way off base?? I just know that when Clay tours the songs keep getting better and better the more he sings them and he puts more emotion into each of them.

Saw Carly Smithson on Ellen today. She's actually kind of cute without all that makeup.