#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

Agh!!! Second, again! ...by 13, 000. Hee. I bet there were a few chuckles over that. :P

Yeah for Couchie and play! I hope they enjoyed the hell out of it!

:clap: for Spamalot and all the money raised.

...and :F_05BL17blowkiss: for Clay...(what? I can be partial)

:F_05BL17blowkiss: djs!

More news...

OMWH is the No. 1 download mp3 on Amazon.com at the moment

From the CH...

FROM RCA MARKETING

The Early Show is NOT booked, he's not sure why Wes has that.

AOL Sessions is not airing on the 13th, possibly taping live that day. 3-4 songs.

They think they sold around 15,000 in 30 minutes last night. They were never sure how many songs they would get in during a half hour so they were happy.

Agh!!! Second, again! ...by 13, 000. Hee. I bet there were a few chuckles over that.

:cryingwlaughter: I swear, this is going to hound Clay Aiken until the grave! :lmaosmiley-1: But dang...I'll take him in second over anybody else in first any day (or night :hubbahubba: ) of the week!

That's sooooo great. . :yess: .Interesting that Spamalot could only raise $$$ for two weeks. Mike Nichols' decision, do you think? Or the Shubert? And I wonder just much of Spam's $264,000 was a direct result of Clay's involvement?

Not that it's a competition or anything. ;)

Cute Spamalot recap from last weekend:

From Holly123 at CV...

I wanted to post a tiny recap of my picture-taking experience this past Saturday night. It was my first show, and I was too nervous to go up by myself so I talked my sisters into going up as a group. When the woman in front of us stepped forward to have her picture taken, Clay told the assistant that he needed to go to the bathroom after this one. So they took the picture, and before he walked offstage he kind of waved to the line and said, "Be right back, folks. Gotta take a bathroom break." Then the words, "Don't forget to wash your hands!" came out of my mouth. I could not believe I said that. I mean, just because I think I know him and his sense of humor, doesn't mean I really know him and it's okay to joke about something personal. I didn't think he heard me though, because I'm very quiet and he didn't react at all.

They told us to wait in front of the camera. A few minutes later, he hurried back in, hands up and palms facing us. (His hands are enormous.) He said, "Look! Lemony fresh - wanna smell?" and stuck his hands in my sister's face so that she had no choice but to sniff them. She said they did smell like lemon soap. He asked our names individually, shook our hands and was charming as can be in the five seconds it took to take the picture.

I wish I could freeze those five seconds in time to look at them over and over again. It's so hard to remember the details when you're lost in the Aiken fog.

Oh WOW! (tm Sir Robin when seeing the large wooden rabbeet for the first time) Great news for Spam - $264,000 in 2 weeks! :clap:

As for our Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken, if you ever play the lottery, Sweetie, I think you should play all 2's! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm loving these recaps, although with my current sinus crud, everytime I laugh, I cough. I thought KAndre's part 1 was actually going to kill me! :cryingwlaughter: And if that doesn't kill me, my credit card might if I actually charge the unbelievable $189 airfare I found on Travelocity for this weekend! Food & lodging are highly overrated, right?! :wacko:

Second? Second???? Bwahahaha. Poor Clay! Hehehe, I'm surprised he didn't put in that last 13K himself :cryingwlaughter: On second thought no - he's gonna get way more mileage out of this than first place.

Please in the name of all that's good - let there be at least some photos of the duet. I'll offer sacrifices should there actually be Clack. Or is that Clannack?

hey guys!! I just finished uploading all the QVC songs to youtube!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Start here -

--- and then click on "more from chacha3078" and you'll see the rest! (5 in all)

Click-alot & leave comments!! Send to your friends and post on other boards!! LOL

WOOO! Except for a couple clunker notes - he was gorgeous. :hubbahubba:

Can you imagine??? He is so gorgeous now and remember what he used to look like??? In contrast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBVRXwmDELw

Also.... I can't wait to see what he ends up doing when he gets bored of resting in NC! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

working on screencaps.........

Playbill article on the Easter Bonnet Competition

Includes a picture of Clay!!!! EEEE!

ETA: ET Online: Clay Aiken Photo Op!

CLAY AIKEN appears on QVC Monday night alongside host JAQUE GONZALES to debut his new album, On My Way Here, eight days before it hits stores. The pop superstar performed a number of songs, including the album's title track.

OMG. That E Online pic from QVC is deadly! Dayum..he looks...

sooooooo hot...

GAWD...

The jeans, the belt...the slim, fit torso...the great smile, the dark jacket...

Whoa....I hope there are a lot of people who see that pic... :hubbahubba:

The angels were signing to us today. Clay and Hannah sound beau-tiful together,. so much better than with Bradley, more harmonious, although Bradley may have had to step in for Claywhen the QVC came up.

He was so happy and it was treceived so well, considering the humor was more subdues Python like. I guess I should have run out and bought a recorder, but I could only see clay's back as I was to the right side today and not the left like lucky Couchie. He just looked so joyous. I wish they had won just so he could have received credit, although there were no acceptance speeches. Clay and Hannah came from back stage, the others fromthe show ran up from the audience and first hugged Clay (that was the two knights, and the the skating nun).

Got to walk the dog, it has been raing for 2 days and she realllllly needs a walk. Back with more later.

He is so happy, and people seem to love him so.

Oh, and yesterday, the speaker after hannah and Bradley sang said too bad Hannah can't sing. today she said too bad they can't sing, her ears were hurting. I do believe ithey had the best voices.

I just saw at CV where supposedly SweetCarolinaGirl got audio and video (altho video is supposedly not too good) of the Broadway Cares thingie today. Says she won't be able to upload it until the weekend!

...don't worry Play, looks like the will be Clack...

from Chardonnay at the CH

Post Script from my post above...

I've been promised a copy of the whole EB show, but it may be a little while before I get it. So, hopefully there will be Clack down the road. God, I wish I could have seen Clay not breaking character during that number. Or maybe he did. Can't wait to find out.

I am so happy for everyone who could be there. Thanks for the recap.

Okay guys, I have a question for you. I'm watching AI and Neil Diamond is on. His new CD is coming out May 6th. Do you think he will knock Clay out of the No. 1 spot? Neil Diamond is huge. I would hate that!

Clay & Hannah Clack? :7:

Thanks for the reports, Play & couchie. Glad you got to see it!

Okay guys, I have a question for you. I'm watching AI and Neil Diamond is on. His new CD is coming out May 6th. Do you think he will knock Clay out of the No. 1 spot? Neil Diamond is huge. I would hate that!

Frankly...I am not really hoping or expecting for number one anymore...If it happens YAY!!! WHY? I really think its more important for Clay to keep selling for the CD to have legs...

I don't get worked up over numbers anymore. Who knows if either Clay or Neil are slated for the top slot. Maybe it wll be holdover from the week before. Dashed expectations can wreak havoc on you. Of course I want him to be the bestest most popular star in the world... in the meantime, well enough to make another album works for me.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee my boyfriend looked so good today Glad there will be clack. I thought they sounded wonderful together. I hope there are some good photos cuz as of now I'm all about the Clannah. heh. I just can't get over how happy and relaxed he seemed.

More information about the benefit this afternoon.

noodlegirl at CV wrote:

Congrats to Clay and SPAMALOT with the 1st runner-up placing in Easter Bonnet! What I love about Clay participating in the show is that he performed in front of a house full of his Broadway peers. The casts of practically every show on Broadway and Off Broadway got to see and hear Clay perform. He looked so happy receiving the award and seemed genuinely pleased for RENT for their win.

I am glad that Clay was able to be be a part of the Broadway community in this way. I know that it garnered him even more respect from his Broadway peers.

ETA In the next few days, look for photos from the event on the various Broadway sites like playbill.com, broadway.com, broadwayworld.com, and of course, broadwaycares.org

There were quite a few professional photogs there as well as NY1. I believe NY1 will have a segment featuring Easter Bonnet on this week's episode of OnStage (Saturday, 7:30pm)

___

Another cute Spamalot photo-taking recap:

claybody at CV wrote:

Sunday was my birthday, and my 2nd Spamelot .....I loved the whole day...with great friends...the excitement of seeing Clay again......of knowing that I was going to have my picture taken that evening......

I was the 2nd person in line for the picture....my head was reeling with thoughts running together that went like this..."Does he know who I am? Will he recognize me from the few times he made a nano-second eye contact with me when I had an opportunity to be in the 2nd row? Will he think I seem familiar...remember seeing me as he signed 3 items for me in February, will he remember I crushed his hand...will he......"

OMG! I'm next! Here he comes!

Clay: "Hi! Thank you for coming what is your name?"

Me (in definite Clay-fog) : "I'm Clay!"

Clay: (looking bemused or confused...in my embarrassment at that second I couldn't tell which): "Your name is Clay?"

Me: (totally humiliated now and wanting to die) : "No. my name is Linda "

(OMG where was that rock to hide under when you need one)

Clay: slipping his arm around my waist and pulling me close....."Okay, Linda, let's face the camera over here..."

The Photographer: (who by the way heard everything and had a huge smirk on his face) "Okay Clay and Clay..look here please, and smile...........

( Now what do you think the chances are he'll remember me the next time? )

:woohoo: For Clack of Hannah and Clay; can't wait to see it!

Clay being number 1 is not a priority for me either; as long as he continues to sell, I will be happy.

Off to update the calendar; just added The Early Show and AOL Sessions and now I have to take them off, oy!

Kim

I think Neil will sell well but I doubt he'll debut at #1. I don't know if Clay will either, but I sure hope he does!!!! I guess it all depends on who else is coming out with a CD next week.

I wish he was having more appearances this week - I think that would definitely up the sales, but he's already knocking himself out with what he's doing and Spamalot!!!

I love the fact his Broadway peers saw him performing. That means so much! There was certainly alot of buzz about his gig on Spamalot but the other Broadway actors never get to see the show because they're performing in their own. So this appearance was really special for him.

This will be heresy to some, but I'd rather see him have Broadway "street cred" than radio.

I agree with what the other recapper said. This really was an "industry and Broadway lover" event and Clay was well received. I mean there was a lot of jabs at reality stars taking jobs...something about Constantine starting his shift at the Olive Garden...and he got a very genuine response. And he sang the shit out of that song. And to top it off, Spam raised so much money during his time on the show. I really hope Clay gets to do this again some day.

I haven't caught up with everythign but if anyone needs a room in NYC for Saturday and Sunday night... PM me. We have space for one more. Annabear? A little birdie told me you might be interested.