OMWH Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

SAU

This one I was really looking forward to, based solely on Clay's comments about it in interviews, prior to the snippets being released. He said at one point that he would pick it as the quintissential song....can't remember his exact words, though. I think this is the one he must have performed at his friend's wedding during Spamalot.

It's quite a change, to go from EIDN to this on the CD. Just shows how versatile he is.

I don't know why, but this song kind of reminds me of the mood and the style of song from the JNT05. I think it was the one where they were at a dance......my daughter put that image in my head when she first heard SAU, and now it's stuck there. Season of Romance I think it was.

I can imagine Clay in a tux, at an old fashioned mike, singing this while couples in evening wear slow dance on the dance floor while he looks longingly at his lady love! Very 40's movie look to it.

Do you think he'd hire me to do a video for this one???? :cryingwlaughter:

This is a throw back song to me, I swear I heard it on albums that were recorded inthe 50's and there is a lot on this album that reminds me of Chad Mitchell, Himself - an eclectic album itself, heh.

Iti s a very old fashioned arrangement,

My image is just a lone couple, dancing, Clay singing in her ear.....

or what luckiest1 said ^^^ up there! :P

I love how Clay can rock out, sing in a bluesy style, and then make his voice so vulnerable and gentle in the next song. He sing this song so beautifully, really caresses the notes. But sometimes I get a bit of whiplash going from EIDN to SAU - it's a real change of tempo and mood!

I think Clay realllly likes this song. He said that it's one of the most beautiful love songs out there.

I haven't listened to this song as much, but I'm sure it will grow on me.

Picture this:

dark, dusty club...small, intimate

most patrons gone, a couple in a corner booth oblivious to the world

one waiter leaning against the bar, waiting impatiently to close up...

A drummer lazily sweeping his brush on the drum, his eyes closed with exhaustion

a lone light shining on the dance floor, cigarette butts and peanut shells scattered over the aged, discolored wood floor

And a man and woman embracing, swaying in a pretend dance...moving only to occasionally look into each other's eyes, or to move a lock of hair gently away or to feel skin or bring a body closer...

And a singer....standing at the mic stand....his long fingers making love...

I really think Clay is a serious romatic at heart. GAH. I'd love to think he has someone to slow dance with while he softly sings this song.

Heeeee, lucky, you're getting a little smuttier than usual tonight. This album is quite inspiring, isn't it? :)

Clay sounds fabulous on this song. Pretty song. Just not that interesting to me.

It would be great for a movie soundtrack, though. It needs images.

But if you listen to the lyrics it conjures up images in your mind. I see a couple after a fight. She's crying. He sees her and his heart melts. He reaches out to her, but she pulls away. He takes her hand and pulls her close and whispers in her ear....... Before you know it, they are swaying to unheard music, enveloped in each other's arms. Tears are gently falling from both their eyes now, but they are tears of joy and tears of contentment.

Picture this:

A drummer lazily sweeping his brush on the drum, his eyes closed with exhaustion

a lone light shining on the dance floor, cigarette butts and peanut shells scattered over the aged, discolored wood floor

And a man and woman embracing, swaying in a pretend dance...moving only to occasionally look into each other's eyes, or to move a lock of hair gently away or to feel skin or bring a body closer...

Gah... muski... that's all I need is for you to start writing romance... I"ll never survive! GAH!!!

Picture this:

Yum!

Yeah - there's a growl on "There's"

guh!

Also loving the low notes on love in perfectly perfect love - GAH!

Hee I see I am in the monority here...

hee...

I am really glad they made the vocal arrangements really simple here...no background vocals.

AGAIN...the beginning of this song slays me...so simple...just his voice and the piano...thats enough.

Really really love these two verses...I can see them using this for So You Think you Can Dance or DWTS.

this is where the strings come out just perfectly!!! It really makes this song so dramatic.

Well this is a familiar sound for me from Clay... sounds like one of those Xmas songs he sings every year but I can't put my finger on which one right now....heee..anyway, it's beautiful.

Hmmm, I think it has some similarities to WAYDNE. Romantic, slow, seductive.