OMWH Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

Ashes...

just like OMWH...I love the intro the instrumentations and the verse was very pretty for me

I think I know what bothers me most about the chorus...the background vocals...

I love the harmony on a million pisec to hold and looking back...

I love the verses of this song!!!

This is the song that is growing on me. While it seemed most in this fandom loved it right away, I didn't. I didn't dislike it, just wasn't that enamored with it.

But after several listens I am beginning to really like it.

I love the line: Looking back I can see HOw the voice of reason Kept reminding me I was never good enough somehow - TRY AND REMIND ME NOW!

This is the song that is growing on me. While it seemed most in this fandom loved it right away, I didn't. I didn't dislike it, just wasn't that enamored with it.

But after several listens I am beginning to really like it.

Same here. Mostly the beginning of the verses. I find them stuck in my head.

Love that first heart.

ldyjocelyn...those drums that kick in? Holyshit...they reach waaaaaay down inside me, into deep places and just....

DO something. :hubbahubba:

I LOVE riding in the car and rocking out to this song---I never play it just once.

This song sung by a "artist" could be played on AC.

I love all the different textures in this song. the verse where parts are in harmony with another male voice. is it his own or that the Jeff guy (piano guy who sings some backup according to the webisode.)

I am also not a lyrics person. Its all about sounds, phrasing, beat, melody

ETA: I meant a "cool artist"

This my new anthem.

LOVE the guitar - I've been waiting to hear Clay with some decent guitar work!

The second verse really speaks to me.

The idea of the Voice of "Reason" - that negative voice.

The last chorus is my favorite, with the quiet first line.

I like how he pauses before "so cold".

I can picture him singing this in concert, pacing around the stage and really getting into the chorus. This one will be really fun live.

I love the word "frozen". I love everything about this song. I blasted it with my windows open in the car on the way home from work today. It's so funny, I am not one to bemoan Clay being put in a "ballad box", I love the slow stuff, and I really didn't care about whether he had more "upbeat" stuff on this album. But this song just kills me!

Ashes...

just like OMWH...I love the intro the instrumentations and the verse was very pretty for me

I think I know what bothers me most about the chorus...the background vocals...

I love the harmony on a million pisec to hold and looking back...

I love the verses of this song!!!

It sounds like he is singing his own harmony there

I was reading the lyrics...and the theme is really very interesting...

although he got burned and hurt by love he feels that having loved has made him a better person...

I do agree that this could be talking about all of his heartache in trusting people...not just romantic love.

Awww I was never good enough somehow...that is sad really...

Whew! I made it! Got home from work and had to get DD#2 ready for a school dance right away.

I think the theme of Ashes is a big one for Clay - that surviving hard times makes you stronger and a better person. He's said this so many times in so many different ways.

BTW, have any of you boosted the bass and listened to these songs? I really, really like the bass player. He does a lot more than just play one note, and then the next. It's not that easy to describe, but it's obvious to me that he's an experienced and talented musician. I like boosting the bass, and with good speakers I can still hear Clay really well!

My only objection - during the choruses at times the music takes over the voice. Happens a lot in today's music and is fine if the voice isn't that great, but in Clay's case its a sin!

Scarlett chose a bring party over our party! Silly girl!

I am a lyrics person and I am having a field day with the lyrics booklet!!!