OMWH Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

Try and Remind me Now.

What a great FU to whomever you want it to be.

Yup...as he checks his bank balance, surveys the screaming concert audiences, sees the huge $$$$ he raises for UNICEF, BAF, Broadway cares, etc.....

Not to mention the panties and turkey basters...

I wanted to be here for the party!

Sorry I'm late-----------but for good reason! Had to order 2 more cds from Best Buy only $&.99 free shipping!! The website just wouldn't accept my Visa! Can you imagine?!

So I missed the first song.......and don't know what I'm doing here! Carry on and I'll figure it out and catch up. I missed you guys!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Ashes EIDN and Oh, I love them all!

Again, I love the opening. His voice is gorgeous. It has a quiet but driving feel to it, if that makes sense, like it's excited about the chorus that is coming. Then, here it is and we are rocking out, in a Clay Aiken kind of way. I like the backups here.

I like the light touch to the drumming, kind of jazz style, in this and many of the songs.

The verses are just wonderful, melody and lyrics, and boom, "turn around and see what loves done to me." I LOVE "so cold," I want to have its babies.

"Send it up, light the sky

Now that I know pain, I'm alive."

I like the effect right after that on the vocals, "turn around and see what loves done for me" -- kind of electronic.

Neat rhythms there at the end. And cool effects, with the slightly electronic vocal: "rise up from the ashes," and the movement from one speaker to the other (and thus one ear) like he's talking to me.

Great song. One of my favorites.

Love the bridge! And the line "Now that I know pain...I'm more alive"- kind of what he was telling the fan on the Tyra show who was being picked on- that at some point she would be glad she went through it, because it would make her a stronger, more resilient person.

When I first got the CD I played this song over and over and over until I had the lyrics down perfect. I had a long drive home on Tuesday, but it's one of those songs that I need to sing along with - loud - and move. Got lots of funny looks from other drivers. I just can't sit still and listen. I really haven't spent that much time enjoying Clay's voice per se because I'm so into the lyrics and guitars.

I was reading the lyrics...and the theme is really very interesting...

although he got burned and hurt by love he feels that having loved has made him a better person...

I do agree that this could be talking about all of his heartache in trusting people...not just romantic love.

Awww I was never good enough somehow...that is sad really...

Not sad, because in the end he's triumphed! And screw all those who tried to keep him down by saying he wasn't good enough!

There are several songs where he triumphs over hard times. That I think says a lot.

You know how we say Clay took back his life? This song speaks to that, as does OMWH.

I love the chorus, when the guitars come in. I can't help but sing this one out loud. Hee, I guess I'd better be careful when I'm at work with the headphones on, eh? That wouldn't be good. :cryingwlaughter:

And then the little soft "turn around and see what loves done for me" before more guitars come in again, that part is so cool too. Can't wait to see this one performed in concert!

HA! Scarlett is abandoning the party as we speak and rushing to my place!

Behold the power of the Aiken!

I wasn't too impressed with this when I heard the first snippet but I do love the entire song. I haven't read the words so I'm really listening for the first time.

So is this considered current...because I swear it sounds like this song in Staying Alive LOL..and I couldn't get that out of my head the first times I listened to it. john travolta and finola hughes flying through the air.

So, do any of you really believe that Clay "used to be so cold?" Of course, this may not be his experience....but this one seems like another personal one to him....

I don't think cold as in unfeeling. I think cold as in cautious, careful, protective of himself. Sometimes people think that is cold.

Clay's voice is a bit hidden for me, but it is amazing work in how he inserts the falsettos in little semi hidden parts. And he also sings this song, where others might scream it.

The So cold harkens back to MOAM for some reason to me

This is the song that is growing on me. While it seemed most in this fandom loved it right away, I didn't. I didn't dislike it, just wasn't that enamored with it.

But after several listens I am beginning to really like it.

I love the line: Looking back I can see HOw the voice of reason Kept reminding me I was never good enough somehow - TRY AND REMIND ME NOW!

This is me too...one of my least faves from the clip...but the verses sold me. I also started really really loving it after reading the words and understanding what its about.

My only objection - during the choruses at times the music takes over the voice. Happens a lot in today's music and is fine if the voice isn't that great, but in Clay's case its a sin!

Scarlett chose a bring party over our party! Silly girl!

I am a lyrics person and I am having a field day with the lyrics booklet!!!

I think thats why I wish they toned down on the background vocals.....

So, do any of you really believe that Clay "used to be so cold?" Of course, this may not be his experience....but this one seems like another personal one to him....

I think he could;ve been more detached...a bit reluctant to share himself. Its possible.