OMWH Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

You can tell how much he really means the part where he's been told he's not good enough... Remind me now comes back very strongly. Love how he comes back so strong after the electronic part... ohhh! One of my favorites... course that's about 10/12ths of this cd... :cryingwlaughter:

I like the effect right after that on the vocals, "turn around and see what loves done for me" -- kind of electronic.

Neat rhythms there at the end. And cool effects, with the slightly electronic vocal: "rise up from the ashes," and the movement from one speaker to the other (and thus one ear) like he's talking to me.

Great song. One of my favorites.

Ooooooh, I like it, too! He's singing really quiet on 'turn around and see what love does for me' and then there's a sudden dynamic change - he starts singing much louder, and the instruments all start wailing, too. It's COOOOL!!!

ETA: Heeee, looks like several people just said the same thing thing while I was typing!

Clay's voice is a bit hidden for me, but it is amazing work in how he inserts the falsettos in little semi hidden parts. And he also sings this song, where others might scream it.

This is a good point, Play. One thing I've always liked is that Clay sings! Seriously! You can understand what he's singing and he's a master at phrasing.

So, do any of you really believe that Clay "used to be so cold?" Of course, this may not be his experience....but this one seems like another personal one to him....

Good question. Innocent, less confident, maybe. I suppose that could be considered "cold" in a way.

I like that this song has so many different parts in terms of different effects for different versesm, harmony here, electronic there...

I have no idea what the words are, really, I can't hear them except when they are connected to sounds I love.

like "reminding me" in the second verse

HA! Scarlett is abandoning the party as we speak and rushing to my place!

BWAH...the power of Clay... we can stay on Ashes until she arrives :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

No we can't. I'm a taskmistress!

But we can revisit it later tonight.....

Here we go again! (Whoops, wrong album)

Everything I Don’t Need

I like the effect right after that on the vocals, "turn around and see what loves done for me" -- kind of electronic.

Neat rhythms there at the end. And cool effects, with the slightly electronic vocal: "rise up from the ashes," and the movement from one speaker to the other (and thus one ear) like he's talking to me.

Great song. One of my favorites.

Ooooooh, I like it, too! He's singing really quiet on 'turn around and see what love does for me' and then there's a sudden dynamic change - he starts singing much louder, and the instruments all start wailing, too. It's COOOOL!!!

VERY! Really sets off the next line. I like the last "the ashes" - tender.

3 everything i don’t need

Get out of my dreams - get out of my bed!

Have you ever been in love with someone you knew was bad for you?

But you couldn’t stop yourself!

This, to me, is the anthem for that relationship!

The only thing I don’t get - lyrically (hee) is

Last of a Dying Breed.

Who is?

The singer?

or the object of the singer’s passion?

I’m confused by that line!

But -

Clay Aiken - You Ring My Bell! hee

alooone grrrrr!

Another one that didn't grab me right away. The lyrics are kind of....I don't know- awkward? in places. But I love the beat, and I REALLY love growly, bluesey Clay! I think he'll kill with this one in concert! :hubbahubba: (Love the girl's little get outta my....part!)

This is the tale of two songs for me. It has Bonnie Raitt vibe which I love.

I love the beginning of the song and towards the end. But I don't like "last of a dying breed" not the words but the sounds and where the melody goes with that phrase. It for me is the weakest part of the song.

Oh god, EIDN...........this song does funny things to me. I have to be careful where I listen to it. I feel it all the way down to my toes...........and places in between. :cryingwlaughter:

That's about as much smut as you'll ever hear for me!

That little "well now" is almost moaned, isn't it? :hubbahubba:

Yep, you ring my bell all right.

Clay could sing this in concert for 2 hours and I wouldn't tire of it. I think I've been waiting 5 years for it and I didn't even know it.

I love the way he sings "everyTHANG........everythin' I don't need".

Everything I don;t need...

Didn;t really get this on the clips...but loved the live performance and of course loved it on the CD

It has a really sexy vibe to it cos he is sooo forceful....

loved home he did phoooone...

Love the texture of his voice. The instrumentations sounds a bit retro for me.